hibs.net Messageboard

Page 78 of 85 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,340 of 2535
    Quote Originally Posted by Lendo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Has anyone tried the new place Herringbone yet? It’s just opened in the old public toilets at the top of Easter Road
    Not been to that one but been to the ones at Goldenacre and North Berwick. Decent enough food and drinks, maybe a bit pricey for what they are. They were taken over by a bigger chain last year, most of their venues are in the west, and not been in since so may have changed in the interim.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Booked Fazenda for a third visit a week on Saturday. Mouth is watering already.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Santa Cruz View Post
    Anyone had a burger from Earl's Burger's in Stockbridge. Fiver for a burger offer on itison, was wondering if it was any good?
    It’s decent enough. More fast food style, five guys etc kind of thing but I think it’s pretty decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post
    It’s decent enough. More fast food style, five guys etc kind of thing but I think it’s pretty decent.
    Cheers, good to know. Will give it a try at some point. When I fancy trying it no doubt it'll be on a day it's not open, think it said it closes 3 days per week.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Going to The Stockbridge Restaurant in a couple of weeks, has anyone been?

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Going to The Stockbridge Restaurant in a couple of weeks, has anyone been?
    Yes but years ago. It was great from memory. I’d be interested to hear if it’s still as good. My ex-wife managed to set fire to the tablecloth.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Santa Cruz View Post
    Cheers, good to know. Will give it a try at some point. When I fancy trying it no doubt it'll be on a day it's not open, think it said it closes 3 days per week.
    Yeah, I pass it pretty much every day and it does seem to have some bizarre hours.

Thanks for the shout for the voucher though, bought 2 for a tenner!

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Yes but years ago. It was great from memory. I’d be interested to hear if it’s still as good. My ex-wife managed to set fire to the tablecloth.
    Cheers, I will let you know.

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Been meaning to post for a few weeks but kept forgetting 🙄
    For those that like beers, cocktails and fried chicken the Bucks Bar in Glasgow that has a bit of a cult following have opened a restaurant in Grindlay St.
    4 of us were out for drinks a few weeks back and popped in, thoroughly enjoyed it. It's fried chicken so not Michelin star grub but it was decent and honest. I stuck to the beer but the other 3 had cocktails and thoroughly enjoyed them along with the food.

Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    Been meaning to post for a few weeks but kept forgetting
    For those that like beers, cocktails and fried chicken the Bucks Bar in Glasgow that has a bit of a cult following have opened a restaurant in Grindlay St.
    4 of us were out for drinks a few weeks back and popped in, thoroughly enjoyed it. It's fried chicken so not Michelin star grub but it was decent and honest. I stuck to the beer but the other 3 had cocktails and thoroughly enjoyed them along with the food.
    Ideal, I drag the Mrs to Bucks Bar for my birthday every year. Now I can go when we’re in the capital as well, she’ll be delighted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just back from Bar and Block on Princes Street, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Went to Rendezvous in Queensferry Street on Wednesday, couldn’t fault it. Up there with the Chinese restaurants I rate highly.
    It's been Chinese for yonks. I had my first Chinese meal there in the sixties. It was the Bamboo then, I think.
    Always good.

Just heading off to Eastern Pavilion.

It'll be good. Always is.

If you like Japanese food Harajuko Kitchen on Gillespie Place (just up the road from the King's) is the place to go.

Has anyone mentioned the Los Argentinos steakhouse in Newington? I drive past it every week on the way to dropping my kids at at a club and it's usually busy but I've read mixed reviews.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by He's here! View Post
    Has anyone mentioned the Los Argentinos steakhouse in Newington? I drive past it every week on the way to dropping my kids at at a club and it's usually busy but I've read mixed reviews.
    I asked about it earlier on this thread mate, couple of pages back, still havent had the chance to try it out though

@hibs.net private member
    Got a couple of months pat leave shortly and we’ve been jotting down places to have lunch/dinner out whilst we’re both off. List below so far, couple of drives in there as we’re East Edinburgh. Any other recommendations - we both like anything and everything. Eating out is probably our favourite thing to do. Ideally pram friendly!

- The Bridge Inn - Linlithgow
    - Christie’s (Scottish Tapas) - Falkirk
    - Karen’s Unicorn (Chinese)
    - Thirty Knotts - South Queensferry
    - Gleneagles Hotel (afternoon tea)
    - Bonnie Badger - Gullane
    - Badger & Co
    - Piggs
    - Duck & Waffle
    - Harajuko Kitchen

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Rhoades View Post
    Got a couple of months pat leave shortly and we’ve been jotting down places to have lunch/dinner out whilst we’re both off. List below so far, couple of drives in there as we’re East Edinburgh. Any other recommendations - we both like anything and everything. Eating out is probably our favourite thing to do. Ideally pram friendly!

- The Bridge Inn - Linlithgow
    - Christie’s (Scottish Tapas) - Falkirk
    - Karen’s Unicorn (Chinese)
    - Thirty Knotts - South Queensferry
    - Gleneagles Hotel (afternoon tea)
    - Bonnie Badger - Gullane
    - Badger & Co
    - Piggs
    - Duck & Waffle
    - Harajuko Kitchen
    Bridge Inn Ratho is excellent

First Team Breakthrough
    I was there about 6 months ago. Really good steak, very decent prices, service wasn’t great towards the end however I would definitely go back.

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    I’ve been a couple of times. It’s fine, but there are better steakhouses in Edinburgh.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby Bairn View Post
    Just heading off to Eastern Pavilion.

It'll be good. Always is.
    My favourite in Corstorphine.

@hibs.net private member
    Just back from Bar and Block on Princes Street, thoroughly enjoyed it.

This might be the first non burger eating place on Princes Street that I have ever known.

Good prices too, although samphire with steak ? What a gold mine this must be, the first of many perhaps.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Another trip to Rustoms at Haymarket last night with my wife and her dad. We were entertaining him whilst he had been banished from the house so my MIL could entertain her pals.

Shared chicken tikka, chicken pakora and tandoori prawns to start. I had the half kilo of boneless chicken karahi (they do the karahi dishes by weight). It was delicious. Only gripe was they forgot my wife’s main but it wasn’t too long after we asked where it was. Actually, there was another gripe. They do BYOB and we had brought a couple of bottles of red wine (technically you are meant to only have one bottle between two but we’ve got away with more before albeit screw tops). My wife hadn’t realised the bottles she picked up were cork tops. They managed to push the cork of the first bottle into the bottle. TBF they did offer to open a restaurant provided bottle instead but we just drank our one anyway, even if it was slightly difficult to pour.

They do more “interesting” meals too like sheep trotters and sheep brains which I don’t think I’ll be trying anytime soon!

Don’t want to be accused of promoting my own business on here so will remove this post if admins say so.

Chuffed to see the article in the Evening News yesterday that announced that our Chippy had been ranked number nine in the U.K.!

@hibs.net private member
    Don’t want to be accused of promoting my own business on here so will remove this post if admins say so.

Chuffed to see the article in the Evening News yesterday that announced that our Chippy had been ranked number nine in the U.K.!
    Wow, well done mate 👍

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar

Congratulations
    Got a link SH

@hibs.net private member

Well done! The best in Edinburgh without a doubt imo

[QUOTE=Billy Whizz;7363469]Congratulations
    Got a link SH[/https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/lifestyle/food-and-drink/edinburgh-chippy-named-4th-best-place-in-uk-for-fish-and-chips-while-another-city-chippy-bags-top-10-spot-4163103

@hibs.net private member
    Bit of a niche question, but does anybody have any recommendations for txuleta in Barcelona?

Aware it’s a Galician/basque dish but I’m presuming there’ll be a reasonable amount of places doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post
    Bit of a niche question, but does anybody have any recommendations for txuleta in Barcelona?

Aware it’s a Galician/basque dish but I’m presuming there’ll be a reasonable amount of places doing it.
    There is a Basque restaurant in Gracia.

Name escapes me but it's close to the Placa de Gracia/Campanar de Gracia. I remember there was a bar nearby called Bobby Gin so that might help. Depending where you are staying the Placa is close to either Diagonal, Verdaguer or Fontana Metro stations.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years