Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
We went there last night, funnily enough - it's excellent, IMHO.

Be prepared for a bit of a wait if you go when it's busy, we arrived at about 7pm last night and were served and out within 10-15 minutes, which is pretty good for there.

Everything is cooked to order, and for me you'll struggle for a nicer fish supper. The biggest problem I have with it is that it ruins fish suppers elsewhere because they're nowhere near as nice.
Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
Fanbloodytastic, go there once every couple of months. Fish supper and a single fish or single red pudding depending what mood I'm in. The wait in the queue is well worth it. Try and avoid Saturdays and Sundays in the the summer months between sort of 4pm-7pm as it is rammed and not unknown for the queue to be several hundred yards long.
Cheers guys. The chippy in Jedburgh is cook to order and very decent but because Jed is such a tourist haven I’m used to the twenty-odd minute waits!

Not had a red pudding since I was a kid so one of those might be in order.

Looking forward to trying it. The best fish and chips I’ve had to date was probably Tobermory though that was scallops and fish to be precise. Gandolfi Fish in Glasgow is excellent but it is more of a sit-in than a takeaway.

I will look to get up to the Secret Bunker and Anstruther in the school holidays and avoid the weekends