hibs.net Messageboard

Page 47 of 84 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 2506
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

You are very welcome to mine !

In truth, when the Heriot Brewery was operational the best pint of Tennents lager

was at the Roseburn Bar. What a drink it was !

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Plastic at corn exchange.
    Indeed it was.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by pollution View Post
    You are very welcome to mine !

In truth, when the Heriot Brewery was operational the best pint of Tennents lager

was at the Roseburn Bar. What a drink it was !
    I think it just depends where/how you get it to be honest. I tend to find you get better pints of Tennents in Glasgow, with many places offering unpasteurised kegs direct from the brewery. Those are lovely, lovely pints. Though I wouldn't buy a pack of tinnies for the house...

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Indeed it was.
    How was it overall?

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    I think it just depends where/how you get it to be honest. I tend to find you get better pints of Tennents in Glasgow, with many places offering unpasteurised kegs direct from the brewery. Those are lovely, lovely pints. Though I wouldn't buy a pack of tinnies for the house...
    You get that in Malones (old Dianes pool hall) in Edinburgh.👍🏼

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    How was it overall?
    See the beer garden thread in The Holy Ground.

Ok... today my wife and I booked fish & chips from The Fishmarket at Newhaven. We had seen this place on TV with Tom Kerridge and Fred Sireax recently and although it’s a chippy it looked great.
    Ordered online at 10am to collect at 18.30.
    Arrived at 18.15 to find hundreds of people outside waiting for their order.
    Finally got food at 19.35!!!!
    Standing outside on a sunny night is ok but imagine if was pissing down.
    First and last visit. Really poor service and food that was not really any better than local chippy here in Dunfermline.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbyDave View Post
    Ok... today my wife and I booked fish & chips from The Fishmarket at Newhaven. We had seen this place on TV with Tom Kerridge and Fred Sireax recently and although it’s a chippy it looked great.
    First and last visit. Really poor service and food that was not really any better than local chippy here in Dunfermline.
    That’s really poor, if they are going to accept pre orders then they should ensure they can honour the time slots regardless of walk in business demand. Piss poor from them, regardless of how good it is or how good they think they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    That’s really poor, if they are going to accept pre orders then they should ensure they can honour the time slots regardless of walk in business demand. Piss poor from them, regardless of how good it is or how good they think they are.
    It seems to be normal practice there according to others in the queue.
    I can’t understand why they take pre orders and ignore the allotted time slot.
    Nobody from the restaurant bothered to tell the queue what was going on and many people simply gave up and cancelled their order online.
    Absolute **** service.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    You’d have thought they’d have a line for pre booked, and turn up on the night. It’s not the cheapest place to go, but maybe on a nice night they got swamped

Doesn’t just apply here, but wonder how these businesses will cope in the winter. We have to hope the virus has gone, or we have a vaccine

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    You’d have thought they’d have a line for pre booked, and turn up on the night. It’s not the cheapest place to go, but maybe on a nice night they got swamped

Doesn’t just apply here, but wonder how these businesses will cope in the winter. We have to hope the virus has gone, or we have a vaccine
    Everyone at the doors was pre-booked. They simply kept taking orders online with no interest in providing food at the specified time slot.
    Utter shambles of an operation.
    Last edited by HibbyDave; 12-07-2020 at 08:49 PM.

Everyone at the doors was pre-booked. They simply kept taking orders online with no interest in providing food at the specified time slot.
    Utter shambles of an operation.
    Poor management, easy enough to put a temp block on the online ordering if you’re getting swamped to allow the kitchen to catch up and honour the pre booked.

@hibs.net private member ACLeith's Avatar
    Really disappointed to hear of the bad experience at Fishmarket. Been for sit in and take away pre lockdown and always been fine. In particular my wife is Coeliac and they are one of the few who don’t have a surcharge on GF food.

But if they’ve not properly adapted to changed circumstances then they’ll pay a price later.

On the other hand a wee shout out for Bijou at Leith Links. You order online and select a pick up 10 minute slot. The food is prepared immediately before your time slot so it is 100% fresh to collect. The type of local business that deserves support.

Tried “Fish” on Marchmont Road yesterday for the first time, cracking newly opened chippy with plenty vegan/GF options and specials too. Baked Razor Clam and chips amongst the specials yesterday. Very busy with a queue of about 15 folk, I know the owner and he is really doing some special and different things for a chippy. The standard fish and chips were superb, his batter is great too.

My daughter goes there from Costorphine and I thought she was nuts! You're really lucky to such a good chippy in Dunfermline!

She complains that there's quite often a delay but yours was ridiculous.

Another wee shout for Bijou.
    Space to let

Booked Vittorias on the walk for Sunday.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Scran & Scallie tonight for me. Looking forward to that steak pie!

Winstons on Saturday for me, first proper pint since March.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    SixByNico for me, but not until the end of August (and again in October). Looking forward to them and even managed to get reasonable weekend time slots for a change!

I wasn't too fussed for heading back out to pubs and restaurants but most of the feedback I've heard seems to be positive in the way places are dealing with everything so I'll maybe book something else for before those too.
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member alhibby's Avatar
    Piggs Spanish tapas and wine bar on the High Street is excellent, went just before lockdown and had a couple of takeaway since, finally going back for a sit in next week. Well worth a visit

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Winstons on Saturday for me, first proper pint since March.
    Had a great afternoon in Winstons but feel for them as current social distancing guidance has reduced their maximum capacity to just 23 customers

Had a great afternoon in Winstons but feel for them as current social distancing guidance has reduced their maximum capacity to just 23 customers
    Where did you all go. Inside and outside

I got a take away from Bonsai tonight.

Sushi was average at best. Probably won't be a repeat order/visit.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    We went to Rose Street Gardens for a couple of hours on Saturday afternoon, ordered some food and it was a bit of a shambles. It took a long time, but I can appreciate they're just reopening and everything is taking a little longer due to COVID.

What wasn't acceptable was that my vegetarian girlfriend ordered a Tofu Taco, and when it comes she takes a bite and it's fish. We complained to a couple of staff there, but all that seemed to matter to them was that the correct Tofu Taco would be out shortly. My girlfriend felt a little ill from biting into the fish already (veggie for 15 years) and ended up not touching the Tofu one in the end.

Ended up in the Pitt Market at night, food there was great.

Went to the Fishmarket today, a nice lunch sitting on the wall in the sun.Fish and chips were decent, you have to pre order online and collect at door. Ordered as we arrived, went for a short walk and had our food twenty minutes later.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Just been to the Neighbourhood street food market on the top of Waverley Mall. Had a fried chicken shawarma kebab and a mango and pineapple margarita. It was really good.

Is there a list of places that have signed up for the 'eat out to help out' deal in Edinburgh?
    Space to let

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Just been to the Neighbourhood street food market on the top of Waverley Mall. Had a fried chicken shawarma kebab and a mango and pineapple margarita. It was really good.
    What other food outlets do they have at the market
    Got family coming up later this week, with a couple of kids, and looking for somewhere to grab a snack up town

Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    Booked Vittorias on the walk for Sunday.
    Food was enjoyable as usual but it’s getting pretty pricey I think nowadays they have also added a 12% service charge.

They don’t seem to have done much to make more space, Wife thought the tables were a bit close and asked for an alternative but that was probably worse. People who we were next to thought the same.

Went to the Fishmarket today, a nice lunch sitting on the wall in the sun.Fish and chips were decent, you have to pre order online and collect at door. Ordered as we arrived, went for a short walk and had our food twenty minutes later.

Was there many people waiting outside?

I had a very poor experience there despite pre booking food it was well over an hour late in being ready. Never again