hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Callum McGregor

Promising Youngster

Callum McGregor

Heard that Ronnie Delia is looking to send Callum McGregor out on loan to a Scottish side.

Thoughts? Would we take him?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by muthillhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Heard that Ronnie Delia is looking to send Callum McGregor out on loan to a Scottish side.

Thoughts? Would we take him?
    I have no first hand opinion on the player but, as with any player, if he improves our team I wouldn't have a problem

He's a striker isn't he?

A pretty good one too as far as I know.

@hibs.net private member H18S NX's Avatar
    I would take him,i have been impressed when i have seen him play.

Never really rated him tbh and couldn't believe he got a 5 year contract with Celtic. Would rather have McGeouch

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    He's a striker isn't he?

A pretty good one too as far as I know.
    Winger I think

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by S4uzee View Post
    Never really rated him tbh and couldn't believe he got a 5 year contract with Celtic. Would rather have McGeouch
    How many times have you seen him play?

Coaching Staff
    Far better player than Dylan and if Hibs managed to get him then it would be a real coup - great player and would provide good balance given he is predominantly left sided.......good goals ratio too which is what our midfield are lacks and needs.

If he got a 5 year contract at Celtic I'll base my opinion on him on their evaluation rather than yours. No offence but I think they'll have a better view on the boy.

I read Conor McGregor the first time

Decent in the UFC, but could he do it with the CCS?

I take it this rumour is from that AgentScotland account, he tweeted me this back in May then deleted it a few days later, did the same with that Carmichael rumour too back in December although unluckily for him we C&P on one of the transfer threads

McGregor IMO would be a very decent player for us but my concern is he'd only get a game if he were replacing Scott Allan and I'd rather keep Scotty, 14 goals 2 seasons ago down in League One from Midfield, 5 goals from 8 starts and 10 sub apps for Celtic last Season, I think he's a lot more deadly than McGeouch although I think both clpud play in the same team.

Timing is everything in Football, McGregor came to the fore over there a year too early for me and now he's behind Commons, Johansen, GMS, Forrest, Armstrong, Stokes and probably their other kid Liam Henderson, thats 7 players for 3 spaces amd I can only see Stokes and Commons leaving that squad in the next 18 months or so, can't see where McGregor would fit in.

I do worry if he'd be a make-weight in a deal for Scott Allan, although McGeouch and McGregor for Scott Allan would probably be excellent value for us, giving us two younger players (22 & 21) with great potential for a 24 year old with great potential, Allan I couldn't see walking into Celtic's first team right now but he can play in that deep midfield role that I think they're quite short in while we'd be able to use McGeouch & McGregor in starring roles

All quite fantasy football thinking here