hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Official Site: SEASON TICKET NUMBERS-AN UPDATE FROM LEEANN

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: mglancy23 Wii Code: 5354 5735 9094 1582
    I was hoping for more that just 7000, hopefully sell more.

@hibs.net private member WellingtonHibby's Avatar
    Half as many as the big team... 😢
    Kicking it in Wellington .

Quote Originally Posted by RSS Bot View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Only 7,000 - the Yams have over 400,000

@hibs.net private member H18S NX's Avatar
    C'mon you lapsers,you know it makes sense.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    I would expect at least 7500 by the start of the season. I think that is good considering the division we are playing in. If we can get off to a good start and challenge at the top we might get a few floating fans coming along who then might commit to a half season. We should be trying to have at least 10k Hibernian fans at every home game.

Based on crowds last year, and the fact we are still in the championship, it's not a bad number. Probably be about the fifth highest in Scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by WellingtonHibby View Post
    Half as many as the big team... 

Don't let it bother you. Given our circumstances, I can't see how they would have fared any better.

We now seem to be down to the absolute core support. Which is really not surprising given the last 5-6 years of dire fare and the fact we're about to spend a second consecutive season in the First Division.

I think the numbers have kept up reasonably well, considering.

Quote Originally Posted by eddiethedog View Post
    I would expect at least 7500 by the start of the season. I think that is good considering the division we are playing in. If we can get off to a good start and challenge at the top we might get a few floating fans coming along who then might commit to a half season. We should be trying to have at least 10k Hibernian fans at every home game.
    We are where we are for reasons well documented on other threads .Another season in the Championship with Rangers still there ,was probably worst case scenario re Season Ticket sales ,so think you are right 7 500 would be decent ,but with a winning start ,it would be dissapointing if we can't get back to 10 000 Hibs fans at home games on a regular basis and we can build momentum from there .

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    We are where we are for reasons well documented on other threads .Another season in the Championship with Rangers still there ,was probably worst case scenario re Season Ticket sales ,so think you are right 7 500 would be decent ,but with a winning start ,it would be dissapointing if we can't get back to 10 000 Hibs fans at home games on a regular basis and we can build momentum from there .
    Ronnie, if we can get off to a great start, and build momentum, I'm sure we'll get over 10,000 at most home games

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Ronnie, if we can get off to a great start, and build momentum, I'm sure we'll get over 10,000 at most home games

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Let's hope so ps at last nights inaugural meeting of the our West of Scotand Branch I put forward a motion you are allowed to be an Honary Member when we go to Ibrox The motion was seconded by Alf Tupper ,so given their were only two of us there , your in

Quite impressive numbers considering our predicament and dire home form down the years. Numbers wil probably reach 8k but now is the time to turn words in to actions by winning games comfortably and being in contention for the league. We cant keep parting with large sums of money for no reward.

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    Keekaboo I putti your apologies for last night meeting ,but we hope to see you when you move back to Mount Florida You will be well located for all those Cup a Finals we reach

I've been going to Easter Road since around 1955. Never had a season ticket. I go on the principle user pays. We are doing well, playing attractive football I pay to watch. Rubbish football I don't go. On balance I think I've paid more over the years to watch Hibs than if I had a season ticket.

I appreciate buying a season ticket let's them know a base budget figure for a season but I am quite happy to contribute more over a season if I am getting value for money. I will be a walk up for Rangers and Montrose. After that it's over to you Alan ........

Tin hat on.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    I've been going to Easter Road since around 1955. Never had a season ticket. I go on the principle user pays. We are doing well, playing attractive football I pay to watch. Rubbish football I don't go. On balance I think I've paid more over the years to watch Hibs than if I had a season ticket.

I appreciate buying a season ticket let's them know a base budget figure for a season but I am quite happy to contribute more over a season if I am getting value for money. I will be a walk up for Rangers and Montrose. After that it's over to you Alan ........

Tin hat on.

That is 100% your prerogative....many people take that approach...and a large number have got out of the habit of going at all....you also realise that you are not helping them maximise their player spending this year...again though..absolutely you're right to do this...there is no obligation to buy a ST.

Tin hat on.
    Me in a nutshell

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Rubbish football I don't go. On balance I think I've paid more over the years to watch Hibs than if I had a season ticket
    On that basis there's no way youve spent more than a season ticket considering how crap we've been over the last 20 years.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    'Swithering'. Good word.

The share issue might well be a factor, as LD acknowledges. I wonder how many of those who don't get to all home games but have bought an ST anyhow to support the club have decided to buy shares instead?

As things go close to 7,000 is not bad and its encouraging that the numbers appear to be ahead of last year at this time, if we can get close to 8,000 by the start of the season that will be pretty good. To reach 10,000 at home games is going to need around 2,500 walk ups which will all depend on making a good start, lets hope we do.

One thing is pretty clear though. There is a hard core of about 12,000 people as a mixture of ST holders, regular walk ups and casual walk ups ( say 10 games a season ) who are currently keeping Hibs going ...... its hard to say what affect failure to go up this season would have on those numbers, but I have a horrible feeling it would be pretty close to catastrophic.

Once again the ball is in the SFA / SPFL's court. They must have looked on aghast as their blue cash cow crashed and burned against Motherwell and with even some Premiership clubs making noises about part time football can they really afford to sit back and let nature take its course as two of the countries biggest away supports and TV attractions fill the terraces at Alloa or Dumbarton and prime time on BBC ALBA.

First Team Breakthrough Soldiersteve's Avatar
    Bought mine yesterday. No chance of being there for more than 6 or 7 games but happy to support the player budget.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldiersteve View Post
    Bought mine yesterday. No chance of being there for more than 6 or 7 games but happy to support the player budget.
    Top class support. Well done

The Hibs support over the last few years has been fairly remarkable considering the horrendous football and several let downs the fans have had.

Many other clubs attendances would be much lower - this has been shown over the years and doesn't matter if it's Celtic, Sevco, Yams and Aberdeen.

Success on the pitch will bring fans back and until we do that many will stay away.

I can't begrudge those people as football in this country is over priced and you want to feel you are getting value for money for even a small amount of your spending.

While I would want Easter Road filled every week and I don't mind if they gave even more free tickets away - regular fans will only sign up if we win something soon.

If we win the league this season - sales will increase.

If we go up via playoffs - sales will increase (but not as many as if we win league).

If we don't go up...expect a drop next season

The fan base is still there as we have seen for the highest league Derby attendance in years at Easter Road, play offs and the semi finals / finals we have been in.

Hibs should be looking at a minimum of 10k every season as a starting point.

Do we know figures for other Scottish clubs?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    Keekaboo I putti your apologies for last night meeting ,but we hope to see you when you move back to Mount Florida You will be well located for all those Cup a Finals we reach

Cheers Ronnie.

I've already got the accommodation (roughly) sorted, I'm now just looking for a well paid job to go with it.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Everyone counts, I do something similar with my youngest daughter, well done

Quote Originally Posted by WellingtonHibby View Post
    Half as many as the big team... 😢
    Do you think they would have sold much more than 7k if they had still been in the championship?

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    As things go close to 7,000 is not bad and its encouraging that the numbers appear to be ahead of last year at this time, if we can get close to 8,000 by the start of the season that will be pretty good. To reach 10,000 at home games is going to need around 2,500 walk ups which will all depend on making a good start, lets hope we do.

One thing is pretty clear though. There is a hard core of about 12,000 people as a mixture of ST holders, regular walk ups and casual walk ups ( say 10 games a season ) who are currently keeping Hibs going ...... its hard to say what affect failure to go up this season would have on those numbers, but I have a horrible feeling it would be pretty close to catastrophic.

Once again the ball is in the SFA / SPFL's court. They must have looked on aghast as their blue cash cow crashed and burned against Motherwell and with even some Premiership clubs making noises about part time football can they really afford to sit back and let nature take its course as two of the countries biggest away supports and TV attractions fill the terraces at Alloa or Dumbarton and prime time on BBC ALBA.
    I don`t think it will make a huge difference, certainly not catastrophic. While we have a lot of fans who pick and choose and maybe only go when the team is performing better, I feel we have a larger hard core fan base than some think, and care too much about the club to ever give up. We might be near that figure now.

Coaching Staff
    Reading this thread has me wondering when hibs and football clubs in general became so dependent on season ticket sales for their income. From memory when I first started going to ER in 1970 most supporters did not buy season tickets, is my memory deceiving me or was that the case?

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Reading this thread has me wondering when hibs and football clubs in general became so dependent on season ticket sales for their income. From memory when I first started going to ER in 1970 most supporters did not buy season tickets, is my memory deceiving me or was that the case?
    I would guess that the players wages compared to your fan's average wages are a lot higher percentage wise to what they were in the 70's. Maybe just having two transfer windows to do business doesn't help either. There's probably a whole load of reasons why season tickets are more important now than they were forty years ago. Bigger crowds especially against the extinct Old Firm and the Jam Tarts. Even revenue from Europe must have been good up until the mid seventies.

Answers on a postcard.