hibs.net Messageboard

Subthread: 'Fans' - hypothetically...

Just had a wee glimpse at the 'Fans' thread and it got me thinking: if we were in, say, Aberdeen's position (upward trajectory that shows no signs of slowing down), how would you think our attendances would fair if it was us in that position? What's you're reasons for your answer and how'd you think we could achieve this/improve upon it?

GGTTH.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Near sellouts for cat A games, 15k-ish for games against others...when a team are in a high position in the top division and are playing well it's only natural that it attracts more fans...I believe we are in the process of trying to achieve this goal. Although Cat A games weren't near sellouts in the mowbray era I do believe that was because we were an established spl side who were never really in danger of relegation at that time however I think if we were to be promoted less fans would take being an spl (spfl) team for granted. I hope this makes sense as it did in my head haha

No way, the Mowbray era were the highest crowds we will get to consistently in my opinion. Our fans are poor at home unless it is a 'big game'.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenArmyyy! View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No way, the Mowbray era were the highest crowds we will get to consistently in my opinion. Our fans are poor at home unless it is a 'big game'.
    That's fair enough, hard to know unless we manage to get ourselves in that position, which I hope we eventually can

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bill the hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's fair enough, hard to know unless we manage to get ourselves in that position, which I hope we eventually can
    You never know, we might actually fulfil our potential one day.

Just imagine if Pat had stayed on til the end of the season, we'd have finished in our customary 7 or 8 position, LD had come in and then she had made the changes she has. Sigh...