hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think the title of this thread needs changed. We can't release them as they are in contract. They have been told they can find a loan club which has been common knowledge for weeks.
    I dont agree. My understanding is that they have been told to find a permanent club. Players dont generally find loans.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    I dont agree. My understanding is that they have been told to find a permanent club. Players dont generally find loans.
    They don't find permanent clubs either their agents do, the same as they find them loan clubs. And all three if you include Harris were told just that.

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Hibs do not want to pay up to release them from there contracts

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    They don't find permanent clubs either their agents do, the same as they find them loan clubs. And all three if you include Harris were told just that.
    I think you will find that Hibs find loan clubs for players they want see develop.

Handling is a talent as is Stanton but they have to fulfill their undoubted potential loans would be ideal for both

I think you will find that Hibs find loan clubs for players they want see develop.
    I think you'll also find that agents find loan clubs too.

Was/has Harris been told that though?

@hibs.net private member
    I really don't think they do as a matter of course.

They may do so on the instruction of the parent club but agents won't necessarily go chasing a loan club for a player.

The agents could place them anywhere whereas the clubs will give them a number of clubs to approach with regards to a possible move so that their development and needs are met by the borrowing club.

They haven't been told to find new clubs...where are you getting this from? Both players have been told to fight for their place...if they don't want to do that they are free to leave. Same goes for every single squad player.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    They haven't been told to find new clubs...where are you getting this from? Both players have been told to fight for their place...if they don't want to do that they are free to leave. Same goes for every single squad player.
    Thats basically what Im saying. In a nutshell....improve or leave are the options on the table.

Thats basically what Im saying. In a nutshell....improve or leave are the options on the table.
    Agreed. Big year for all those squad players on the fringes. I do think Stanton will go - he doesn't strike me as the most confident lad. Harris appears to have been forgotten about. Also - his strip wasn't available for sponsorship this season.

I love it ! I have said time and time again Handling was not good enough but I was shot down. How thgis boy got a 4 year deal last year I will never know but now AS has told him find another club I suggest a Taylor Made R15 :)

Stanton is a player but the pressure put on him by Butcher and Malpas Knocked him back in his progress I think a loan deal would suit him Stubbs has brought in better players ATM and Stanton will improve

Harris and Stanton where bullied by MM and TB I think this has had a huge effect on there progress

Coaching Staff
    No that's not the same for every player. Most we would not offer to other clubs to take. These ones have been told specifically the can go if they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    No that's not the same for every player. Most we would not offer to other clubs to take. These ones have been told specifically the can go if they want.
    They haven't been offered to other teams to take. You're making that up. Any player can go if they want to.

First Team Regular
    [QUOTE=Brooster;4404768]I think you will find that Hibs find loan clubs for players they want see develop.[/QUO

Find it a bit strange harris has been told he could go after Stubbs turned down Dundee in April.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.co...deal-1-3738066

They haven't been offered to other teams to take. You're making that up. Any player can go if they want to.
    How exactly can any player go if they want to unless they are out of contract?

Stubbs has said he'd be willing to let these two go. Does the same apply to David Gray? Or Fontaine?

Coaching Staff
    Sorry but you are wrong on this. It's not tricky. They can go if they want. Other players can't.

Sorry - but you have said they have been offered to other clubs. Can you tell me which clubs. which players, and offered by whom? They have been clearly told that they can leave if they want to but he's happy for them to stay and fight for their place. This has then been turned around by plenty on here to conclude that these players are not good enough and are being dumped. He hasn't said that at any point.

Stubbs saying they can stay and fight for their place is just him saying the right things in case they don't move on.
    The reality is, they have been told they are not needed at Hibs anymore and have been told they can find new clubs.
    If they had been out of contract they would have been released.
    Anyone who thinks this is Stubbs playing mind games to spur the boys on is being naive.
    I think all three will be gone in this window and any who stay will not feature much at all this season.

Sorry - but you have said they have been offered to other clubs. Can you tell me which clubs. which players, and offered by whom? They have been clearly told that they can leave if they want to but he's happy for them to stay and fight for their place. This has then been turned around by plenty on here to conclude that these players are not good enough and are being dumped. He hasn't said that at any point.

They've not been offered to clubs, that is true but they've been told they will not feature this year as we have better player either here now or are coming in soon, it would be better for their own future to actively find another club as they will only be getting splinters all season on the bench.

Coaching Staff
    Ok ok lets call it a draw, both clubs AND agents find loan clubs, jeez oh.

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Ok ok lets call it a draw, both clubs AND agents find loan clubs, jeez oh.
    Okay great thanks for your input. ;-)

Coaching Staff
    Okay great thanks for your input. ;-)
    Happy to help.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    So was Stubbs lying when he said he couldn't guarantee them 1st team football and their agents have been advised that if they want that, Hibs won't stand in their way, that sounds awful like on you go if you want, we'll not stop you.
    Who said anything about Stubbs lying?The position is perfectly clear.Fringe players are not guaranteed a place(neither is anyone else)-they can stay and fight for a place -if not they can go-either way the club benefits-if they up their game it's good-if they don't they're wasting their own careers.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Who said anything about Stubbs lying?The position is perfectly clear.Fringe players are not guaranteed a place(neither is anyone else)-they can stay and fight for a place -if not they can go-either way the club benefits-if they up their game it's good-if they don't they're wasting their own careers.

When someone posted saying they were free to find another club if they wished, you said that was untrue...............is that not the same as telling them they can go or stay and fight for a place, to me and many others it means they've been told they're surplus to requirements unless they start pre season on fire.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    The agents of these 3 players have been told to get them a new club, none of the other players agents will have had that call.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    The agents of these 3 players have been told to get them a new club, none of the other players agents will have had that call.
    And you know that how?

Coaching Staff
    And you know that how?
    This is getting daft. It's not some conceptual argument about every player fighting for a place and everyone available if they don't want to stay. Stubbs has said they can leave. It's quite simple.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    And you know that how?

Its quite easy, with what Stubbs has said, their agents would not be doing their jobs if they had not spoken to the club on this matter.

And you are being a little naive if you cant read football manager speak. Telling players who are under contract they are not going to get much football is what managers say to players they want out the door.

Their agents will be actively looking for other clubs as we speak.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Its quite easy, with what Stubbs has said, their agents would not be doing their jobs if they had not spoken to the club on this matter.

And you are being a little naive if you cant read football manager speak. Telling players who are under contract they are not going to get much football is what managers say to players they want out the door.

Their agents will be actively looking for other clubs as we speak.
    100% correct

I'm struggling to understand why people are trying to interpret it in any other way. Maybe it is just affection for the players because they came through our youth set up?
    One thing is for sure, they are not in the managers plans for this season at all.