hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tranent friendly

A Hibs 11 will play Tranent Juniors on Wednesday 22nd July at Foresters Park, Tranent.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    I'm on the committee of the juniors now so my loyalties will be tested.

5v5 draw will do.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

First Team Regular Heedersnvolleys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm on the committee of the juniors now so my loyalties will be tested.

5v5 draw will do.
    Have the juniors not spent more than Hibs this close season

Tranent friendly - Those are two words you don't see alongside each other very often!

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Tranent friendly - Those are two words you don't see alongside each other very often!
    Is Tranent an unfriendly place? I've never been. Surely the folks must have similarities to Edinburgh folks? Could anyone sum up Tranent in a few words?

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    Is Tranent an unfriendly place? I've never been. Surely the folks must have similarities to Edinburgh folks? Could anyone sum up Tranent in a few words?

The Big T

A great place to live and the home of East Lothian Hibs Supporters Club.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Are we running a bus?
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Anyone from the Dalkeith area want to organise a bus for this.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Are we running a bus?
    Haha. Lets all meet in the Brig then march up to Forresters Park behind the drummer 45 mins before kick off. Non members welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    Haha. Lets all meet in the Brig then march up to Forresters Park behind the drummer 45 mins before kick off. Non members welcome.
    What times the bus at?

I'm tempted to take a half day for this
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Ian Black...

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heedersnvolleys View Post
    Have the juniors not spent more than Hibs this close season
    That's probably an accurate assessment to be fair!
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

First Team Regular Heedersnvolleys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    That's probably an accurate assessment to be fair!
    Can you not change the colours, a lot hibees on the committee now is there not

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey09 View Post
    Ian Black...
    Ah you've heard about his possible free transfer to Tranent as well then....more pity his hometown club if that ever came off!?

Hopefully the .... does make an appearance though, as he often does at Forresters but he's a coward so he'll stay away that night, no doubt.

To some up tranent ... Its like the pans but without the beach and train station so not quite as good ;)

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by liamh2202 View Post
    To some up tranent ... Its like the pans but without the beach and train station so not quite as good ;)
    You must be a panner, ie not educated.

It would be to sum up not some.

Stick to stealing hub caps.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    I thought the title meant something along the lines of "dolphin friendly".
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by liamh2202 View Post
    Nothing better than adding a wee bit fire to the friendly rivalry between Turnent & ra Pans.

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    You must be a panner, ie not educated.

It would be to sum up not some.

Stick to stealing hub caps.
    😀

Hmm, Tranent v Prestonpans...does it make any odds? Dont you all play banjos anyway

Tranent's no bad but let's be honest, not a patch on Haddington.

Pride of the Lothians

That will do me nicely. Loads of room for me and ma wheelchair

Tranent are getting great support from the club -

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...00009644108963

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Martini View Post
    Hmm, Tranent v Prestonpans...does it make any odds? Dont you all play banjos anyway

They're all swimming in the shallow end of the gene pool.

Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    Tranent are getting great support from the club -

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...00009644108963
    Excellent, well dont Hibs and Tranent Juniors. With increased resources and first class facilities the Manager should have an easy job this season.....no pressure!!

Excellent, well dont Hibs and Tranent Juniors. With increased resources and first class facilities the Manager should have an easy job this season.....no pressure!!
    The clubs made some good progress and are trying to make inroads into the community side of things and having the support of Hibs is excellent for all concenrned. What was really impresive was that Tranent contacted George Craig and Leeanne Dempster re the preseason and a couple of other things and George came back within an hour or so adreessing the points in the mail and thanking Tranent for the contact. He believed Hibs could support with things and rather than exchange over email he invited the Tranent manager down to East Mains to discuss further. That then followed and we were welcomed into HTC with open arms, got shown around the facilities and had a meeting with George Craig and Findlay Stark. Agreement was reached very quickly for Hibs to provide preseason facilities for Tranent, agreement to participate in a local tournament on the 18th and 19th of July at Foresters (community fund day with bouncy castles, face painting for kids etc), agreement to play in the friendly mentioned above and allowing the Tranent managment team to spend the day at East Mains during the season to watch training and interact with the squad and coaching staff.

This is a really good news story and shows the difference the club is making to the community and to Hibs fans. Interstingly enough the Tranent management team of 5 are all Hibs fans . Things like this can get easily overlooked but I beleive its important to recognise the club for this great work.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibeeMcGinn1 View Post
    A Hibs 11 will play Tranent Juniors on Wednesday 22nd July at Foresters Park, Tranent.
    Definitely attending. Be nice to see the Hibs gracing a pitch that I scored on. (albeit against 'Whispers' in the ESAFA East and assuming the Juniors still play there )

Well done Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    The clubs made some good progress and are trying to make inroads into the community side of things and having the support of Hibs is excellent for all concenrned. What was really impresive was that Tranent contacted George Craig and Leeanne Dempster re the preseason and a couple of other things and George came back within an hour or so adreessing the points in the mail and thanking Tranent for the contact. He believed Hibs could support with things and rather than exchange over email he invited the Tranent manager down to East Mains to discuss further. That then followed and we were welcomed into HTC with open arms, got shown around the facilities and had a meeting with George Craig and Findlay Stark. Agreement was reached very quickly for Hibs to provide preseason facilities for Tranent, agreement to participate in a local tournament on the 18th and 19th of July at Foresters (community fund day with bouncy castles, face painting for kids etc), agreement to play in the friendly mentioned above and allowing the Tranent managment team to spend the day at East Mains during the season to watch training and interact with the squad and coaching staff.

This is a really good news story and shows the difference the club is making to the community and to Hibs fans. Interstingly enough the Tranent management team of 5 are all Hibs fans . Things like this can get easily overlooked but I beleive its important to recognise the club for this great work.
    What a great story Smaxxa. Hats off to both parties for taking respective clubs forward. I can also reiterate what you say about George and Leanne, they were excellent when East Lothian Hibs contacted them regarding a couple of initiatives. They were also good to Ormiston Primrose. Lets hope Hibs, Tranent and Ormiston all win their respective leagues.