hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So my head buttons up the back if I think that elite sportsmen and women can get to the top of their sport without drugs? So Murray, Messi, Mayweather, Redgrave, etc etc are or were all taking drugs. Clearly you know better than everyone else. Just like the time when the Jambo's were going tits up!
    They did

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergey View Post
    It's only conjecture if you're not willing (or able) to look at the facts of the matter.

I resurrected an old thread on the PM board earlier today where you personally questioned me when I flagged Rupp up as a drug cheat (hope that reads right, Your Honour).

I could refer you to research Operation Puerto - many sportsmen were implicated in blood transfusions, but only cyclists were implicated.

I cite the two images I referred to earlier as being known clients of Dr. Fuentes.
    Yip. Personally I blame it all on your Lithuanian special agent, the lassie was obviously on something.

Lance Armstrong never failed a dope test. So what is your point? One is only guilty of doping if they fail a test?
    No, obviously not. However Lance Armstrong was quite an unusual case in that he and his team put a lot of effort into covering up the doping programme that they were carrying out.

I would be shocked and genuinely disappointed if it turns out that either Nadal or Serena Williams had ever taken a banned substance in order to aid their performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Athletes are quite good at going to a training camp in the middle of nowhere to prepare.
    Yes but they need to provide details of where they are going to be for one hour per day, every single day so that the drugs testers can turn up at any point.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    No, obviously not. However Lance Armstrong was quite an unusual case in that he and his team put a lot of effort into covering up the doping programme that they were carrying out.
    And who was the main backer behind the programme throughout...

...Nike.

They backed him from the outset of his career and were the pivotal player in ensuring the drug testing was clean.

I can't believe you honestly believe the Williams sisters are clean.

...Nike.

They backed him from the outset of his career and were the pivotal player in ensuring the drug testing was clean.

not looking for an argument here serg, but can you show me/us clear proof of that?

its a fair point to say that they backed him, and arguably its not a huge assumption to say that they may have known about his drug use, but to say they were the key component to ensuring his testing remained clean is a massive claim.

i can see logic behind that claim (they want to have their athletes be the best), but being caught in doing so would finish them as a company. Doesn't really strike me as worth the risk, especially when they have the financial clout to sponsor the elite athletes (plural) in any sport they wish to.

Sergey, a serious question this time. I'm what you would you call a golf addict yet most certainly not a Tiger Woods fan. However for all my knowledge of the game, I've yet to come across anything that suggest that Tiger has ever had any involvement in drugs. So can I ask you where your suspicions lie and where you can provide concrete evidence?

...Nike.

Can you give me one piece of evidence that points to the fact they were doping?? I'm honestly really curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Meanwhile ........... weren't Barca excellent tonight! Juve gave them a good game but the best team won
    Yes John.

I thoroughly enjoyed the game tonight.

You are correct: the best team won.

Quote Originally Posted by jdships View Post

Made a few bob on
    " Barca 3-1 and Neymar Jr to score "
    Fitbaw folk ken what its aboot! Well done sir! :-)

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    not looking for an argument here serg, but can you show me/us clear proof of that?

its a fair point to say that they backed him, and arguably its not a huge assumption to say that they may have known about his drug use, but to say they were the key component to ensuring his testing remained clean is a massive claim.

i can see logic behind that claim (they want to have their athletes be the best), but being caught in doing so would finish them as a company. Doesn't really strike me as worth the risk, especially when they have the financial clout to sponsor the elite athletes (plural) in any sport they wish to.
    I'll dig out what I have tomorrow as it's in written format somewhere in my office. I don't want to post something now that is inaccurate...I'm also tired

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    Sergey, a serious question this time. I'm what you would you call a golf addict yet most certainly not a Tiger Woods fan. However for all my knowledge of the game, I've yet to come across anything that suggest that Tiger has ever had any involvement in drugs. So can I ask you where your suspicions lie and where you can provide concrete evidence?
    Here's one link - there are hundreds out there if you look.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/mo...icle-1.1860280

The best places to look are cycling forums. The real dirty stuff is discussed there and the same names crop up time and again in investigations.

Little surprise that the names in the article are Nike sponsored.

He seemingly shot an 85 today - so he's maybe getting the same injections as I am

I'll dig out what I have tomorrow as it's in written format somewhere in my office. I don't want to post something now that is inaccurate...I'm also tired

The best places to look are cycling forums. The real dirty stuff is discussed there and the same names crop up time and again in investigations.

He seemingly shot an 85 today - so he's maybe getting the same injections as I am
    A cycling forum ??? I'd rather sit in a dark room with interrogation music

Fair enough mate, I'm genuinely interested to read that 😊

In Scots law that would go down as 'not proven' m'Lord and in any case any golfer will tell you that the use of drugs is more likely to be a hindrance rather than an advantage.

What a mental match tonight! It was quite unlike a European final. Both teams threw caution to the winds and went for it. Neither defence looked secure. On this evidence the era of tippy-tap football is over.
    Last edited by heretoday; 06-06-2015 at 10:54 PM.

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Quote Originally Posted by RagingReality View Post
    Champions League winners in last ten years:

Barcelona
    Milan
    Man Utd
    Barcelona
    Inter
    Barcelona
    Chelsea
    Bayern Munich
    Real Madrid
    Barcelona

7 different winners in the last 10 years? That's pretty good going if you ask me!

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    7 different winners in the last 10 years? That's pretty good going if you ask me!
    Only 6 different winners.

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Only 6 different winners.
    Milan, inter, barca, real, chelsea, man u & bayern = 7.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    Milan, inter, barca, real, chelsea, man u & bayern = 7.
    Ok cheers Still half asleep.

I thought Hearts were supposed to have won it in last ten years.

In Scots law that would go down as 'not proven' m'Lord and in any case any golfer will tell you that the use of drugs is more likely to be a hindrance rather than an advantage.
    Does it not depend just how bad you are to start with?

Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    Does it not depend just how bad you are to start with?
    Now that could be true.

There was actually a case on the PGA tour last season when a certain high profile professional golfer "disappeared" from the scene for a few months after allegations of heroin abuse were made against him. It's not considered to be a major problem in golf although I'd be very surprised if everyone was 100% clean.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Well the best team won, and the team that wanted to kick the other team off the park got what they deserved. How that ref did not book and send off some of those Juve players is beyond me, he gave the team who were trying to play the right way no protection at all?

On a side not, we were sitting in the pub and my mate who is a broad glaswegian said he was going over the road to put a bet on, i said i fancied 3-0 and so did he.

I gave him £20 to put on, and he said he'd do the same bet. He came back and we watched the game, and when Juve scored i threw my bet away.

He kept his because he'd also had £20 Barca half time and full time. When the game finished we all went over to the bookies to pick up his winnings, and the woman behind the counter who wrote his slip out for him had written 3-1 instead of 3-0 at 9-1.

I shot back over to the pub and searched the floor for my betting slip and when i found it she'd done the same on mine.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Now that could be true.

There was actually a case on the PGA tour last season when a certain high profile professional golfer "disappeared" from the scene for a few months after allegations of heroin abuse were made against him. It's not considered to be a major problem in golf although I'd be very surprised if everyone was 100% clean.
    It was cocaine, said "gentleman" is also a serial ****ger with the spouses of Jason Duffner & Jimmy Walker being a few of his alleged many conquests.

Don't know if you watched Memorial last night but the Duffner pairing looked a bit tense and as far as I could see they never exchanged a word or nod and certainly didn't breathe the same air whilst walking up the fairway.

An accident that the individuals disappearance coincided with the Ryder Cup........ who knows.

I also heard an interesting story regarding a hooker, glass topped table and broken engagement.

Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    It was cocaine, said "gentleman" is also a serial ****ger with the spouses of Jason Duffner & Jimmy Walker being a few of his alleged many conquests.

Don't know if you watched Memorial last night but the Duffner pairing looked a bit tense and as far as I could see they never exchanged a word or nod and certainly didn't breathe the same air whilst walking up the fairway.

An accident that the individuals disappearance coincided with the Ryder Cup........ who knows.

I also heard an interesting story regarding a hooker, glass topped table and broken engagement.

There have also been a few stories around St Andrews of student parties and such like. Well Known.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    What a mental match tonight! It was quite unlike a European final. Both teams threw caution to the winds and went for it. Neither defence looked secure. On this evidence the era of tippy-tap football is over.
    I think Juve would have retreated into their shell had they not conceded so early. Goals change games!

See that Barca have signed Aleix Vidal. Nice to see their transfer ban is working.
    Also adds to the myth, yeah he is a good young Catalan player but when your spending over 20 million on a player, anyone can get them. Yes he played for their youth team but you've still paid 20+ million to sign him.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Well the best team won, and the team that wanted to kick the other team off the park got what they deserved. How that ref did not book and send off some of those Juve players is beyond me, he gave the team who were trying to play the right way no protection at all?

On a side not, we were sitting in the pub and my mate who is a broad glaswegian said he was going over the road to put a bet on, i said i fancied 3-0 and so did he.

I gave him £20 to put on, and he said he'd do the same bet. He came back and we watched the game, and when Juve scored i threw my bet away.

He kept his because he'd also had £20 Barca half time and full time. When the game finished we all went over to the bookies to pick up his winnings, and the woman behind the counter who wrote his slip out for him had written 3-1 instead of 3-0 at 9-1.

I shot back over to the pub and searched the floor for my betting slip and when i found it she'd done the same on mine.
    did you watch the game? there wasn't a malicious challenge in it, closing a team down and getting in their faces isn't trying to kick them off the park.

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    See that Barca have signed Aleix Vidal. Nice to see their transfer ban is working.
    Also adds to the myth, yeah he is a good young Catalan player but when your spending over 20 million on a player, anyone can get them. Yes he played for their youth team but you've still paid 20+ million to sign him.
    He can't play for Barca until 2016 - when the ban is up.

Unsure what point you're trying to make afterwards - but they haven't spent over £20 million on him.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    did you watch the game? there wasn't a malicious challenge in it, closing a team down and getting in their faces isn't trying to kick them off the park.
    Vidal was taken off before he was sent off. Just in time because I was just about to put a few quid on a red card.

Last edited by Hibbyradge; 09-06-2015 at 11:31 AM.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Vidal was taken off before he was sent off. Just in time because I was just about to put a few quid on a red card.

Case closed. Guilty m'lord. :)