hibs.net Messageboard

Page 55 of 425 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,650 of 12723

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Forgetting that you've put the toast back into the toaster because it didn't toast properly first time...

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Forgetting that you've put the toast back into the toaster because it didn't toast properly first time...
    Aye, and turning up at your work reeking of burnt toast.
    Done it many times

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    When you ask the lassie at work to order you a business lunch from o'briens and she orders from marks! Then, when you say something you get a response....oh, I ordered marks because they are better. Naw, they are pish. which is why I said obriens. Marks dont do the roast beef and horseradish or the brie and redcurrent jelly.........3 times this has happened now.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    When you ask the lassie at work to order you a business lunch from o'briens and she orders from marks! Then, when you say something you get a response....oh, I ordered marks because they are better. Naw, they are pish. which is why I said obriens. Marks dont do the roast beef and horseradish or the brie and redcurrent jelly.........3 times this has happened now.
    If that's the third time...it's your own fault really.

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    **** have you changed, I never thought I'd see the day

What happened to the dude that tried to make a cheese beano in the George Foreman

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    If that's the third time...it's your own fault really.
    It's not the same person ordering. I email them saying please order a obriends lunch. Most of the time I get what I ask for, then now and again they throw in marks. When I ask why did you not order obriens I'm met with oh obriens are rubbish, marks are better. (Seem to be a common misconception in my work that marks are better)

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    **** have you changed, I never thought I'd see the day

What happened to the dude that tried to make a cheese beano in the George Foreman
    the face scalding beanos are still a delicacy, but adding jalepeanos and sirrachi sauce has upped the game. And the face blisters

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    The self service checkouts in supermarkets. When the give you your change it always seems to be in the smallest denomination coins imaginable. Do they get a deal on small change or something?

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member Galahibby's Avatar
    It's not the same person ordering. I email them saying please order a obriends lunch. Most of the time I get what I ask for, then now and again they throw in marks. When I ask why did you not order obriens I'm met with oh obriens are rubbish, marks are better. (Seem to be a common misconception in my work that marks are better)
    People who email you asking you to do something, when it would've taken them the exact same time to do it themselves in first place

Years ago, my boss used to lock the safe, lock her office, come through to my office, and stand and tell me verbatim what she wanted me to phone someone and tell them. Just because she was 'the boss'.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Folk that park at the end of the rows at supermarkets - not the end space but at the marked area at the end. Especially when there are plenty spaces.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    The self service checkouts in supermarkets. When the give you your change it always seems to be in the smallest denomination coins imaginable. Do they get a deal on small change or something?
    This used to get on my nerves as well. Nowadays I only use these machines if I have a lot of loose change or if I'm paying by card....So basically it's because of people like me throwing all their pennies in 😁

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by #FromTheCapital View Post
    This used to get on my nerves as well. Nowadays I only use these machines if I have a lot of loose change or if I'm paying by card....So basically it's because of people like me throwing all their pennies in 😁
    Sometimes at night time they're the only option, I'll be cursing you the next time it happens

United we stand here....

Adults, without kids, who dress up for halloween.

Fancy dress is like a joke for people with no sense of humour.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    People who only read the first line of an email before replying and asking a question that is already answered further down the email.Does my nut in,wastes my time and happens far too often in my work.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

I often wonder if we're somehow related as I don't think you've ever posted something I didn't practically 100% agree with, including the above.

Like groups of women practically your Mum's age going out dressed as "sexy witches" or similar.

Give me strength.

On the Halloween note, wee jakey fannies that think putting on a skeleton mask and saying "trick or treat" in a monotone voice is sufficient to get sweets.

Naw.

@hibs.net private member

Absolutely. And teams in offices that dress up and have theme days and that.

Cringe.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    I often wonder if we're somehow related as I don't think you've ever posted something I didn't practically 100% agree with, including the above.

Like groups of women practically your Mum's age going out dressed as "sexy witches" or similar.

Give me strength.

On the Halloween note, wee jakey fannies that think putting on a skeleton mask and saying "trick or treat" in a monotone voice is sufficient to get sweets.

Naw.
    No guiser* should come to my door and expect to get sweets without singing me a song or telling me a joke.

*cos that's what it's called

People who dress up for Halloween in non-Halloween costumes.

I'm sorry but pirates, superheroes and teletubbies aren't scary and are therefore totally inappropriate.

Tesco's fake farms.

Those carrots that you got from Boswall farms or that steak from Broomhouse farms. It's all a big pack of lies.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    People who dress up for Halloween in non-Halloween costumes.

I'm sorry but pirates, superheroes and teletubbies aren't scary and are therefore totally inappropriate.
    It seems to just be an excuse for girls to go out in far fewer clothes than usual but if they stick a tale on or draw sone whiskers they are a cat.

Lady I know, who is well in her 30s btw, has taken great delight in posting pictures of her 'mermaid' costume. This seems to amount to wearing a bra with a couple of shells stuck on and a tight green skirt.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member
    It seems to just be an excuse for girls to go out in far fewer clothes than usual but if they stick a tale on or draw sone whiskers they are a cat.

Lady I know, who is well in her 30s btw, has taken great delight in posting pictures of her 'mermaid' costume. This seems to amount to wearing a bra with a couple of shells stuck on and a tight green skirt.
    Is she tidy? I'd be interested in evaluating to see if I definitely agree with you.

Can't remember if I've said this one or not but just saw one and it gave me the rage, might be controversial even for here

Those Blue Edinburgh marathon EMF t shirts, I ****ing get it, you've run the marathon (slow clap)

Can't remember if I've said this one or not but just saw one and it gave me the rage, might be controversial even for here

Those Blue Edinburgh marathon EMF t shirts, I ****ing get it, you've run the marathon (slow clap)
    They are quite handy as training tops.

Wearing them for anything other than running on the other hand.....

Vets bills.

Noticed the cat wasn't wanting.to put weight on his front right paw and was limping a bit. Off to the vet, 5 minute consultation, probably slightly less, maybe just a sprain, 3ml of anti inflams and I leave £79 lighter. That's on top of £13 a month insurance and £11 a month vet plan for vacinnes, worming, flea treatment and 6 monthly check ups.

Don't even get me started on the dog.

Is this the first genuine pet peeve on the pet peeves thread?
    Here is a story that happened to me in connection with the vet not too long ago

As long as I can remember my mum has always fed the stray cats round about the house, one Friday night about 11 there is a knock at my door and it's my mums neighbour who was a bit pissed and her daughter who is about 12, she goes Mark I didn't want to go to your mums house and wake her but her I think one of the cats is lying dead in another neighbours garden

Secretly I'm thinking what the **** do you want me to do about that as I'm stood in a pair of shorts and t shirt and it's chucking it down but they are lovely people so out I went to investigate, true to her word the cat is lying stone deid in the neighbours garden, now I know one of the three of us is going to have to pick it up so being reluctantly chivalrous I said can you get me something from your house to put him in please

She came back with a pillow case so I'm psyching myself thinking cool I will pick up the dead cat, fire him in the pillow case and that will be that, what I hadn't counted on though was rigor mortis, when I picked the cat up instead of going limp he was still in the same position with his legs stretched out, I put him in the pillow case and his back legs and tail were poking out the end, I burst out laughing thinking how the **** did my night turn to this, so I asked if she could get anything bigger to put him in so she went and got an IKEA bag which worked well

By now I'm thinking right I'm going to have to phone my dad so I can put him in the shed til the morning and I can get him to the vet to get him disposed of properly, my dad wasn't too keen on a dead cat in his shed so poor old homer spent a night in a wheelie bin

In the morning true to my word I took him up to the vet and the nurse asked me do you know what he died of? I said it was dark last night so couldn't really see anything to be honest and I hadn't looked inside the bag this morning as the last thing I wanted to do when I got up was carry out a cat autopsy

Ended up costing me £40 to get the cat cremated when I didn't even want to get involved in the first place

I no longer answer my door at weekends

Gamer IDs

Every Friday is dress down (being forced to pay 2 quid a week to wear my own clothes is also a peeve) half my department cut about in their tough mudder tshirt, pricks

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar

As long as I can remember my mum has always fed the stray cats round about the house, one Friday night about 11 there is a knock at my door and it's my mums neighbour who was a bit pissed and her daughter who is about 12, she goes Mark I didn't want to go to your mums house and wake her but her I think one of the cats is lying dead in another neighbours garden

Secretly I'm thinking what the **** do you want me to do about that as I'm stood in a pair of shorts and t shirt and it's chucking it down but they are lovely people so out I went to investigate, true to her word the cat is lying stone deid in the neighbours garden, now I know one of the three of us is going to have to pick it up so being reluctantly chivalrous I said can you get me something from your house to put him in please

She came back with a pillow case so I'm psyching myself thinking cool I will pick up the dead cat, fire him in the pillow case and that will be that, what I hadn't counted on though was rigor mortis, when I picked the cat up instead of going limp he was still in the same position with his legs stretched out, I put him in the pillow case and his back legs and tail were poking out the end, I burst out laughing thinking how the **** did my night turn to this, so I asked if she could get anything bigger to put him in so she went and got an IKEA bag which worked well

By now I'm thinking right I'm going to have to phone my dad so I can put him in the shed til the morning and I can get him to the vet to get him disposed of properly, my dad wasn't too keen on a dead cat in his shed so poor old homer spent a night in a wheelie bin

In the morning true to my word I took him up to the vet and the nurse asked me do you know what he died of? I said it was dark last night so couldn't really see anything to be honest and I hadn't looked inside the bag this morning as the last thing I wanted to do when I got up was carry out a cat autopsy

Ended up costing me £40 to get the cat cremated when I didn't even want to get involved in the first place

Great read :

SSPCA would have been a better option I think.
    My wife has had them out here numerous times for injured/ dead hedgehogs, pigeons , cats etc.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

£70 odd quid for my Daughter to be allowed to cook stuff in her home economics class.

Kids you don't know knocking on the door asking you to sponsor them for some school project.
    WTF ?

Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    Great read :

SSPCA would have been a better option I think.
    My wife has had them out here numerous times for injured/ dead hedgehogs, pigeons , cats etc.
    It was one of those times I went into autopilot and just wanted it over and done with to be honest

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar