hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 424 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

Testimonial Due
    People who hog the middle lane on the motorway. It's just plain lazy. Use the inside lane!

On single carriageway road, drivers who drive at an average speed of 30-40 mph, slowing down dramatically at each corner then speeding up on straights so that you can't overtake them. The A7 to Galashiels is notorious for this. If you're not confident enough to drive at a decent speed on these roads then you shouldn't be on them.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Selfies - just **** off you total roasters.

Trout pout or duck faces - do you know how stupid you look boys and girls?

Fake tan - unbelievable.

Women who paint their nails on public transport and stink the train carriage or bus out with that horrible solvent smell, have some respect for others you bunch of twats.

Women who spray perfume in small enclosed areas full of people.

Blokes who go out in the middle of winter wearing only a t shirt to make them look hard. Throbbers.

Gym freaks who don't stop talking about how many calories they've burned.

People who moan about being overweight then proceed to devour some sort of takeaway meal. Hello, Earth to fatty!!!!

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by liamh2202 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I accept there are genuine cases. As you have said above you require a wide space more than one at the door. I think there should be less disabled spaces and more wide spaces as there is a far greater genuine demand for them. I think its wrong that its illegal to wrongly park in a disabled space but not in a parent and child space. My son broke his leg last year (he's 6) I wasn't allowed to park in a disabled bay , all the parent and child bays were taken and I needed the door fully open to get him in his chair so I had to park miles away, but someone who is fully mobile or worse still slightly overweight can get a blue badge and park in a disabled bay without questions . another good example is pregnant women. They are surely among the most deserving to be able to park next to the shop
    Yup, agree wi all that

Testimonial Due
    Not a huge one and I admit to doing it myself sometimes but when people start an e-mail with your name instead of saying hi or good morning etc. Dont know why but it just annoys me, it can come across quite rude sometimes depending on how the rest of the message goes.

I spoke with a mate about this and they were the opposite, he can't stand it when people start an e-mail with 'Hi ....'

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by Albanian Hibs View Post
    Old people or people that dont have any kids in the car that park in the parent and toddler spaces. They have a cheek to look at me when i am taking my 2 kids in and out the car.
    I once had a great confrontation with a woman in the tesco down easter road.

My other half was in the shop with our then 8 month old, he was in one of these baby carriers that clips into the seat of the car, or rmeoves with the handle for carrying.

Any way I dropped her off at the shops, baby holder in the trolly and off she went to do some shopping. I then went to ( I think pick up hibs tickets ) and zoomed back down, I parked in the child space and proceeded to go in the shop. Just as I got started walking some big bolshy bitch stopped me and said, excuse me do you know you have parked in the child spaces? I looked round at my car and said yes i do thanks, and went to carry on. she stopped me and said, well arent you going to move? I said no, and again proceeded to walk into the shop. She then hit me with a tirade of selfish this, arrogant effing and blinding etc. i had a chuckle and went into the shop. To my delight she was still standing by my car when I came out, presumably to give me more abuse. I wish I could have taken a picture of her face as i carried my sons seat holder with him sleeping in it to the car, I didnt even need to say anything just gave her a nice wee smile as she sheepishly walked away.

Is it just in the industry I currently work in that it appears to be common practice to leave the employment of a company without doing either of the following:

a) sending a general "I'm leaving for pastures new, your new contacts will be......." style e-mail a few days before they leave or

b) actually setting a ******g out-of-office to tell people who e-mail them post-departure that they have left.

Rips my knitting phoning up to follow-up on an e-mail or whatever to be told "oh such and such left the company 2 weeks ago"

Quote Originally Posted by #FromTheCapital View Post
    Not a huge one and I admit to doing it myself sometimes but when people start an e-mail with your name instead of saying hi or good morning etc. Dont know why but it just annoys me, it can come across quite rude sometimes depending on how the rest of the message goes.

I spoke with a mate about this and they were the opposite, he can't stand it when people start an e-mail with 'Hi ....'
    hahaha yep agree with all of that! Almost feel like you're getting a row every time you start reading one..

People not acknowledging you when you wait/hold a door to let them through... or indeed the car equivalent when you wait to let someone pass and they don't wave/flash lights.

Ignorant .

I cycle to and from work, pedestrians on a cycle path walking whilst looking at phone wearing headphones then jump when I pass them and I'm shouted at!!

Drivers, now I know you're not all like this, but indicating as you turn, that is not an indication, speeding up to overtake me by going on the other side of the road then moaning when I slowly wind my way through stopped traffic !!

p.s. I know there are bad cyclists too

Testimonial Due
    Cyclists

@hibs.net private member Galahibby's Avatar
    People who hog the middle lane on the motorway. It's just plain lazy. Use the inside lane!

On single carriageway road, drivers who drive at an average speed of 30-40 mph, slowing down dramatically at each corner then speeding up on straights so that you can't overtake them. The A7 to Galashiels is notorious for this. If you're not confident enough to drive at a decent speed on these roads then you shouldn't be on them.
    Yip, this gets on my wick too. At least pull in and let the 3 mile queue of cars pass you if you can't drive at a reasonable speed. Hopefully they will all start getting the train soon.

The other thing that annoys me on the A7 are the cyclists who insist on cycling on the road, despite there being miles of cycle path running right alongside the road. I can cycle from Selkirk to my work in Tweedbank without going on the road, but others seem to think cycle paths are beneath them. (Which they are *literally* but you know what I mean)

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    People not acknowledging you when you wait/hold a door to let them through... or indeed the car equivalent when you wait to let someone pass and they don't wave/flash lights.

Ignorant .
    On the flip side of this, cannae be ersed with folk holding doors open for me, I refuse to jog to the door and issue a "gee thanks mister" as I can safely open a door on my own, the seethe on some faces as I refuse to speed up is brilliant

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    I once had a great confrontation with a woman in the tesco down easter road.

My other half was in the shop with our then 8 month old, he was in one of these baby carriers that clips into the seat of the car, or rmeoves with the handle for carrying.

Any way I dropped her off at the shops, baby holder in the trolly and off she went to do some shopping. I then went to ( I think pick up hibs tickets ) and zoomed back down, I parked in the child space and proceeded to go in the shop. Just as I got started walking some big bolshy bitch stopped me and said, excuse me do you know you have parked in the child spaces? I looked round at my car and said yes i do thanks, and went to carry on. she stopped me and said, well arent you going to move? I said no, and again proceeded to walk into the shop. She then hit me with a tirade of selfish this, arrogant effing and blinding etc. i had a chuckle and went into the shop. To my delight she was still standing by my car when I came out, presumably to give me more abuse. I wish I could have taken a picture of her face as i carried my sons seat holder with him sleeping in it to the car, I didnt even need to say anything just gave her a nice wee smile as she sheepishly walked away.
    Quality H87.
    I once parked my car next to the door of a local club. A committee member (who knew my face) proceeded to give me dogs abuse about it was only a space for unloading. I said nothing and opened the boot of my car and started unloading amps, mike stands etc. He shut up immediately and left red faced.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    You're given notice well in advance to give you time to get in the proper lane. People who see the queue in one lane but choose to ignore it force themselves in 100 cars further on are chancing it IMO. I don't let them in either.
    It is designed as a merge in turn at the end. This is the quickest way to disperse traffic through a lane closure .

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    It is designed as a merge in turn at the end. This is the quickest way to disperse traffic through a lane closure .

What difference does it make? Assuming that were talking about a dual carriageway being reduced to a single lane, if there is a queue before the bottleneck, then generally the cars will be nose to tail in the single lane part. Anything you do before the bottleneck will not increase the volume of traffic passing through, so why not get into lane in a courteous manner instead of skipping the queue?

@hibs.net private member Craig_HFC's Avatar
    Scottish f*****g Power

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk
    PERSEVERE
    Verb: pə:ːsɪ'ˈvɪə/
    To not give up.
    To go the distance.
    To stop at nothing.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    I asked a traffic cop last night and he said that you should use the full road available until you merge.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Traffic cops. Pricks

People who spell where instead of were. In my experience there are a lot of people who do this. My mrs does it all the time despite me correcting her every time! Does my head in!

When one of the lanes in a dual carriageway is closed for roadworks, there are roadsigns ages in advance warning of this lane closure. However a large number of drivers decide to ignore them and skip the que further up the road. I never let them in and it pisses me off when other drivers do. Most of them wouldn't dream of doing it if it was a normal que at the supermarket or something, but the fact they're protected by their car gives them enough reason.

People who are constantly late. It's not hard to be on time but some people just find this so difficult.

When the road only has room for one lane of traffic. You pull over to let the other car through and they don't acknowledge it when driving past. I usually stick the finger up at anyone who does this to me.

I agree in every way, to all you've said bud!

Gits who sit at 28 mph.

people who drive right up your arse when you're in the outside lane of a motorway (overtaking someone) because they want past you (usually a tosser in a big powerful car). I take great pleasure in coming off the accelerator and slowly slowly making my way back to the inside lane. It's dangerous (braking distance) and just rude and selfish driving. Trying to intimidate others on the road at 70+mph

Folk who, no matter what you've done, have always done it bigger, better, faster, harder than you.

People who indicate after the car has begun to change direction.

folk who wait till the last minute to cancel plans with you, even when they have known they couldn't do it for some time.

folk who go out their way to ask your advice on subjects that you're (more of) an expert in, to then ignore everything you've said. Why waste the time?

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Life should be quite simple in my eyes. Do you know what complicates it? People.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    Life should be quite simple in my eyes. Do you know what complicates it? People.
    The more I see of people the more I like my dog

Folk that take their dog into the boozer and just assume that everyone will be delighted with the mutts presence. At least keep the bloody thing on a lead.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Folk that take their dog into the boozer and just assume that everyone will be delighted with the mutts presence. At least keep the bloody thing on a lead.
    Haha I take my dog to pubs frequently but she just crawls under my seat and sleeps till it's time to go. It's not unusual for people nearby to say they had no idea she was there when we're leaving. I've seen 2 dog owners chucked out of teucters landing when their dogs got a bit violent with each other. The barman yelled this is a pub not a pound get those dogs out

@hibs.net private member Future17's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    Gits who sit at 28 mph.

people who drive right up your arse when you're in the outside lane of a motorway (overtaking someone) because they want past you (usually a tosser in a big powerful car). I take great pleasure in coming off the accelerator and slowly slowly making my way back to the inside lane. It's dangerous (braking distance) and just rude and selfish driving. Trying to intimidate others on the road at 70+mph
    So, just to clarify, you're annoyed by folk who don't break the speed limit...and folk that do!

@hibs.net private member Future17's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    What difference does it make? Assuming that were talking about a dual carriageway being reduced to a single lane, if there is a queue before the bottleneck, then generally the cars will be nose to tail in the single lane part. Anything you do before the bottleneck will not increase the volume of traffic passing through, so why not get into lane in a courteous manner instead of skipping the queue?
    It won't increase the volume of traffic passing through, but it might affect where the back of the queue is positioned and cause problems for fellow road users.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    I asked a traffic cop last night and he said that you should use the full road available until you merge.
    When you come to the underpass at the end of the A8 at gogar there's 2 lanes which merge into 1, but for some reason everyone seems to stick to the inside lane, and not want to let you in when the lanes merge. The sole purpose of the outer lane is to improve the traffic flow and it has signs saying allow merging. As the traffic cop you spoke to says you're supposed to use the full road available. E

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    Netflix sitting at 25% loading for ages!
    Get a better broadband.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    Traffic cops. Pricks

I sense someone has had a wee run in with said pricks?! Bit harsh...

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    Get a better broadband.
    I have top end BB but for some reason the first episode loads in an instant then it stops at 25% for a minute every one after. Sometimes it is just perfect.