hibs.net Messageboard

Page 401 of 430 FirstFirst ... 301351391399400401402403411 ... LastLast
Results 12,001 to 12,030 of 12884

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

@hibs.net private member
    LG glass fronted fridge, you tap the glass and it lights up so you can see the contents inside your fridge without the need to open the door, I mean ****ing why ? 🫨 fad after fad after fad. Probably as bad as the washing machine with the extra wee door where if you forget to put a sock in you can pop it in the wee door without stopping the cycle !!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LG glass fronted fridge, you tap the glass and it lights up so you can see the contents inside your fridge without the need to open the door, I mean ****ing why ? 🫨 fad after fad after fad. Probably as bad as the washing machine with the extra wee door where if you forget to put a sock in you can pop it in the wee door without stopping the cycle !!
    This is a great idea!

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    This is a great idea!
    I think so too!

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    I think so too!
    Make that three of us.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member
    This is a great idea!
    Ok, try and squeeze a pair of jeans into the wee door 😃

It’s not designed for jeans though.😀

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    I guess the fridge idea is to save the ambient temperature inside the fridge by letting you see where what you want is before opening the door. Makes sense to me.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    the washing machine with the extra wee door where if you forget to put a sock in you can pop it in the wee door without stopping the cycle !!
    Getting one tomorrow now.
    Has anyone mentioned Streisand yet?

This is a great idea!

It's a brilliant idea. I'd definitely buy one.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    This could be one of two things.

On the tram into the game, two kids screaming at the top of their voices and the parent not giving a ****. Kid runs onto the pitch today to get selfies with players at a moment that should have been about SDG and SDG alone. Went for our tea at ESF after, young kid starts putting their rubbish onto our table and again, parent completely none the wiser.

Either:

A) Parents are getting worse

or

B) Middle age has fully set in and I’ve entered my grumpy middle aged man phase.

I’ll let you decide, but if the answer isn’t A then kindly keep it to yourself 😂

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This could be one of two things.

On the tram into the game, two kids screaming at the top of their voices and the parent not giving a ****. Kid runs onto the pitch today to get selfies with players at a moment that should have been about SDG and SDG alone. Went for our tea at ESF after, young kid starts putting their rubbish onto our table and again, parent completely none the wiser.

Either:

A) Parents are getting worse

or

B) Middle age has fully set in and I’ve entered my grumpy middle aged man phase.

I’ll let you decide, but if the answer isn’t A then kindly keep it to yourself 😂
    I think it is A. There’s parents in my street that just watch their kids do stuff that I would have received a mouthful from my parents for at their age. One woman even encourages her kid to play in other people’s gardens including ours. Probably not surprising as the same woman uses our front garden and driveway as a shortcut (we are on a corner) rather than walking on the pavement. Another kid was deliberately kicking a football against our car in front of his dad. They didn’t realise I was actually at my door doing some gardening at the time so when I said something I was expecting the dad to be embarrassed and say sorry - nope silence and a wee laugh from the dad. Same bunch of kids I’ve seen on the ring doorbell using plants in my garden as goalposts, damaging the plants in the process.

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    I think it is A. There’s parents in my street that just watch their kids do stuff that I would have received a mouthful from my parents for at their age. One woman even encourages her kid to play in other people’s gardens including ours. Probably not surprising as the same woman uses our front garden and driveway as a shortcut (we are on a corner) rather than walking on the pavement. Another kid was deliberately kicking a football against our car in front of his dad. They didn’t realise I was actually at my door doing some gardening at the time so when I said something I was expecting the dad to be embarrassed and say sorry - nope silence and a wee laugh from the dad. Same bunch of kids I’ve seen on the ring doorbell using plants in my garden as goalposts, damaging the plants in the process.
    I'm 44 and even now if my dad gives me a certain look I know I've crossed the line and to start behaving myself

Definitely B, when I think back I could name umpteen toerags that I went to school with whose parents were exactly the same. If anything, parenting has probably improved over the decades due to education and more information being available to parents who want to do the right thing. Unfortunately there was always a certain amount of ***** out there and they will always be there.
    Last edited by Hibrandenburg; 16-10-2023 at 05:23 PM.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Product packaging, for items you're likely to store in said packaging between uses, that is just the perfect size for the item making it very difficult to fit back into the packaging between uses.

Sleeping bags are usually a good example, my trio of BBQ tools a more personal bugbear.
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    When the nutritional breakdown on something isn’t for either the packet size or a realistic portion. I’m calorie counting just now, and if you have something that is going to serve two people at most, then it should be for either the whole product or half of it.

Not a fifth, not for 100g if it’s a 40g product, just simple to understand at a glance.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    When the nutritional breakdown on something isn’t for either the packet size or a realistic portion. I’m calorie counting just now, and if you have something that is going to serve two people at most, then it should be for either the whole product or half of it.

Not a fifth, not for 100g if it’s a 40g product, just simple to understand at a glance.
    The 100g thing is a legal requirement I think. It is so you can compare things of different weights.

My wife's obsession with a lack of light. She refuses to use the big light in any room and instead fills them with plug-in lamps. The only exception is the bathroom as obviously you can't plug anything in there, though I wouldn't put it past her getting battery operated push lights in there (hope she doesn't read this and get any ideas). She moans when I put the big light on - usually because the pitiful amount of light emitted from the lamps make it hard to see what you are doing. I have no idea how she sees what clothes are in her drawers on a dark morning as I can't see what's in mine without the big light being on.

The worst is when we are eating. Quite often the lamps are dimmed so it is even worse. I'd quite like to see what's on my plate.

She doesn't get migraines either so it isn't because of that. As someone who gets migraines, I know certain types of light can trigger one, but it isn't the case here.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Folk who are mean-spirited.

I was made redundant recently and decided to use the situation to make a change and start my own business.

The vast, vast majority of my friends and acquaintances have been really supportive and wanting it to do well, but i found out the other day that a few ex-colleagues had been eagerly hoping the business falls flat on its face.

Why would someone be like that? I don’t get it.

See it from time to time with the podcast as well, people that I’ve known for years and would be nice as you like to my face but sneer at the podcast or if we try to do something a bit different with it.

I’ve always been of the view that the podcast isn’t for everyone, there’s going to be folk that don’t like it and that’s absolutely cool with me - I’d be worried if everyone liked it, to be honest. But actively hoping it fails or being annoyed that it looks like I’m doing alright… i just don’t get it.

Can only think these folk have nothing better to focus on, but I’d rather folk were happy to say it’s not for them and leave it at that, no need to wish things fail, imho.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post

I was made redundant recently and decided to use the situation to make a change and start my own business.

The vast, vast majority of my friends and acquaintances have been really supportive and wanting it to do well, but i found out the other day that a few ex-colleagues had been eagerly hoping the business falls flat on its face.

See it from time to time with the podcast as well, people that I’ve known for years and would be nice as you like to my face but sneer at the podcast or if we try to do something a bit different with it.

I’ve always been of the view that the podcast isn’t for everyone, there’s going to be folk that don’t like it and that’s absolutely cool with me - I’d be worried if everyone liked it, to be honest. But actively hoping it fails or being annoyed that it looks like I’m doing alright… i just don’t get it.

Can only think these folk have nothing better to focus on, but I’d rather folk were happy to say it’s not for them and leave it at that, no need to wish things fail, imho.
    Look on it as a positive mate, you now know who to not waste any time on or attempt to be civil with them

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    My wife's obsession with a lack of light. She refuses to use the big light in any room and instead fills them with plug-in lamps. The only exception is the bathroom as obviously you can't plug anything in there, though I wouldn't put it past her getting battery operated push lights in there (hope she doesn't read this and get any ideas). She moans when I put the big light on - usually because the pitiful amount of light emitted from the lamps make it hard to see what you are doing. I have no idea how she sees what clothes are in her drawers on a dark morning as I can't see what's in mine without the big light being on.

The worst is when we are eating. Quite often the lamps are dimmed so it is even worse. I'd quite like to see what's on my plate.

She doesn't get migraines either so it isn't because of that. As someone who gets migraines, I know certain types of light can trigger one, but it isn't the case here.
    Oh I’m on the Wife’s side on this one…I hate when people insist on having big lights on all the time.

Unless I’m actively doing something that needs full lighting I much prefer soft lighting even when eating etc.

Oh and if you don’t know what clothes are where in yer drawers then you simply need to organise them better

Had exactly the same when we started our business, supposed friends and ex colleagues telling other folk that they would give us three months maximum. A big GIRUY to them as we approach our third year in business.

Had exactly the same when we started our business, supposed friends and ex colleagues telling other folk that they would give us three months maximum. A big GIRUY to them as we approach our third year in business.
    It seems to be human nature in a lot of people. They want to see others fail as it makes them feel better about themselves, rather than them actually doing anything themselves to improve their life.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    It seems to be human nature in a lot of people. They want to see others fail as it makes them feel better about themselves, rather than them actually doing anything themselves to improve their life.
    Wonder if they are the same people that hate foreigners because they can blame them for their personal underachievement.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    Wonder if they are the same people that hate foreigners because they can blame them for their personal underachievement.
    Possibly, but I don't think it's exclusive to people with xenophobic views at all.

@hibs.net private member

With regards to the podcast, Ive never really been into podcasts but I would say the past 6 months or maybe a bit more I watch them regularly and particularly your podcasts

As a someone who doesnt go to pubs to socialise anymore I miss the social connection, the raw banter/discussion. Some things I agree with and some I dont, pretty much like a night out in the pub with the mates

I must say Ive only just caught up with one or two of your mental health podcasts/discussions and there is a hell of a lot I agree with and can relate to as being in a similar position. Its people being honest and telling their stories and sharing their experiences and its very refreshing to listen to and thanks for that, keep up the good work

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

With regards to the podcast, Ive never really been into podcasts but I would say the past 6 months or maybe a bit more I watch them regularly and particularly your podcasts

As a someone who doesnt go to pubs to socialise anymore I miss the social connection, the raw banter/discussion. Some things I agree with and some I dont, pretty much like a night out in the pub with the mates

I must say Ive only just caught up with one or two of your mental health podcasts/discussions and there is a hell of a lot I agree with and can relate to as being in a similar position. Its people being honest and telling their stories and sharing their experiences and its very refreshing to listen to and thanks for that, keep up the good work
    Thanks mate!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

The GIRUY must have been massively satisfying?

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    When folk talk about “lego’s”. I understand why they do and it would make perfect sense for that to be the plural term. It just sounds weird and Lego is the universal term for describing any form of Lego. e.g. “a 3D portrait made from Lego’s”.

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    When folk talk about “lego’s”. I understand why they do and it would make perfect sense for that to be the plural term. It just sounds weird and Lego is the universal term for describing any form of Lego. e.g. “a 3D portrait made from Lego’s”.

People that put an apostrophe before the 's' when they intended the word to be plural, not possessive, e.g.

Pies-and-burgers.jpg