hibs.net Messageboard

Page 400 of 428 FirstFirst ... 300350390398399400401402410 ... LastLast
Results 11,971 to 12,000 of 12832

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes!!

If chocolate was meant to be in the fridge then shops would sell it in the fridge!
    Do you store your beer, wine and fizzy drinks in the fridge?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Monty Python references. Puns are one thing, but there’s loads of posts I don’t understand and seem utterly random, I assume they must be obscure inside jokes between posters referencing Monty Python.

On that theme, the appeal of a Monty Python. It has its moments, but can’t see why it’s so popular.

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    Monty Python references. Puns are one thing, but there’s loads of posts I don’t understand and seem utterly random, I assume they must be obscure inside jokes between posters referencing Monty Python.

On that theme, the appeal of a Monty Python. It has its moments, but can’t see why it’s so popular.
    You had to be there really!

I'd agree that the company of Pythoneers can be wearing. Not so much nowadays but back in the day it was groups of guys mostly who had clearly seen the films several times and could more or less trot out the entire scripts. Often they were armed forces chaps who had not much else to do and not much intellect in the first place.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    You had to be there really!

I'd agree that the company of Pythoneers can be wearing. Not so much nowadays but back in the day it was groups of guys mostly who had clearly seen the films several times and could more or less trot out the entire scripts. Often they were armed forces chaps who had not much else to do and not much intellect in the first place.
    Strange, as I recall it was mainly students who had otherwise zero personality.

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Yeah, the Python references on almost every thread are becoming grating. Reminds me of this old XKCD comic:

I don’t think it ought to be blasphemy, just a few life of Brian quotes.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    Strange, as I recall it was mainly students who had otherwise zero personality.
    I aspire to having zero personality.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Men who can't aim in public toilets.

I can almost accept it if you miss the target with a pee. Obviously it's just common courtesy to clean it up and not doing so makes you a manky ******* but the actual act of missing makes some degree of sense. However I've lost count of the number of times I've gone into cubicles, be that at work, on trains, in pubs or whatever and there is ***** everywhere. Not just in the pan but on the seat, on the rim, on the wall behind the toilet.......How is that possible when you are sitting down? How can you then walk out of there and leave that for someone else to find?

Filthy, horrible, clarty *******s.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

I can almost accept it if you miss the target with a pee. Obviously it's just common courtesy to clean it up and not doing so makes you a manky ******* but the actual act of missing makes some degree of sense. However I've lost count of the number of times I've gone into cubicles, be that at work, on trains, in pubs or whatever and there is ***** everywhere. Not just in the pan but on the seat, on the rim, on the wall behind the toilet.......How is that possible when you are sitting down? How can you then walk out of there and leave that for someone else to find?

I'd like to add service stations to that list.

They are hell holes. My heart breaks a little every time I have to pull in to Charnock Richard services.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee

It has to be on purpose. There’s no way anyone is making that sort of mess by accident. Totally agree with you on this one, it’s just clarty.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Went for a pee in my local Asda few months ago and there was a massive big jobby in the middle of the floor. I'm not talking a cubicle floor but right in middle of the actual room floor. A full on massive big turd. Went to the kiosk next to the toilets and reported it. But duck me, some filthy people out there.

Totally agree, nipped into the toilets today at the Western General behind the cafe opposite the taxi rank and the amount of pee covering the bowl was ridiculous, you have big white bowl and a perfect instrument to aim with, how the hell do you miss ffs.

Reminds me of a sign I saw years ago in a pub toilet.

'Ladies: If you sprinkle when you tinkle, be a sweet and wipe the seat.

Gentlemen: Please stand closer, it may be shorter than you think!'

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Reminds me of a sign I saw years ago in a pub toilet.

'Ladies: If you sprinkle when you tinkle, be a sweet and wipe the seat.

Gentlemen: Please stand closer, it may be shorter than you think!'
    I have trouble with me pee pee pole, its more like a garden sprinkler, hopefully fixed now but I do try and wipe down the toilet pan, floor, walls and ceiling after Ive peed 🫣

Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs View Post
    I have trouble with me pee pee pole, its more like a garden sprinkler, hopefully fixed now but I do try and wipe down the toilet pan, floor, walls and ceiling after Ive peed 🫣
    It's the slippery slope.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    “Posted on X, formally known as Twitter”

FFS aye maybe for a couple of days but why does every story on so many outlets still have this?

If you didn’t know by know you are never gonna know that it changed its name!

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    “Posted on X, formerly known as Twitter”

FFS aye maybe for a couple of days but why does every story on so many outlets still have this?
    Could that nice Mr Musk have dictated that media outlets must do this?

A lot of things people say. Some are cliches, some are .net. Most are irrational…

The amount of sentences amongst my work colleagues that end with “perspective” or “point of view”.

.net threads becoming like mathematical equations due to the modern obsession with ‘stats’.

Player performances being described as “fine” (in the format xxxxx was fine) usually by a poster whose favourite player was mediocre at best.

7/10 every week.

If a player could do that he wouldn’t be at Hibs.

When you start social media posts with “when you”.

Cool beans. Worldie. Limbs. The Prem. Chocca (block). Cuppa (tea). Binge (to describe watching tv). Chronic (when you mean very bad).

Describing something as “cringe” (ironically makes me cringe)

Being asked if I have “resource” or “capacity” to ‘pick something up’ at work. Just ask me if I can ****ing do whatever ****ty wee job it is you want doing.

Hence why.

“Ragdolled” now being used to simply describe going past a man or beating a team.

Anyone that refers to Instagram as “the gram”. Or, even worse for that matter, Glasgow as “the weege”.

The fact it’s almost the norm, particularly on the news, to say “an” when there’s no need. E.g. “an historic moment”

Anyone going for a cheeky anything to eat or drink. Whether it’s Nando’s or Prosecco and whether it’s with their girls or ‘this one’.

To be continued. It’s only Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    A lot of things people say. Some are cliches, some are .net. Most are irrational…

The amount of sentences amongst my work colleagues that end with “perspective” or “point of view”.

.net threads becoming like mathematical equations due to the modern obsession with ‘stats’.

Player performances being described as “fine” (in the format xxxxx was fine) usually by a poster whose favourite player was mediocre at best.

7/10 every week.

Cool beans. Worldie. Limbs. The Prem. Chocca (block). Cuppa (tea). Binge (to describe watching tv). Chronic (when you mean very bad).

Being asked if I have “resource” or “capacity” to ‘pick something up’ at work. Just ask me if I can ****ing do whatever ****ty wee job it is you want doing.

Hence why.

“Ragdolled” now being used to simply describe going past a man or beating a team.

Anyone that refers to Instagram as “the gram”. Or, even worse for that matter, Glasgow as “the weege”.

The fact it’s almost the norm, particularly on the news, to say “an” when there’s no need. E.g. “an historic moment”

Anyone going for a cheeky anything to eat or drink. Whether it’s Nando’s or Prosecco and whether it’s with their girls or ‘this one’.

That one is painful.

When I was at uni in Aberdeen people I knew would refer to spending a weekend either up in 'the deen' or down in 'the burgh'. Glasgow was always 'heading to G Town'.

I also hate the obsession with stats in football. I saw a screenshot the other day fro. half time of a game on HibsTV with a stat for 'Duels won'. I'm sure that isn't a HibsTV invention but GTF anyway.
    Last edited by Pretty Boy; 12-10-2023 at 06:26 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post

7/10 every week.

Hence why.

I feel your pain !

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    We always say "the weedge" as a joke. Like "dahn the smoke". A sort of pisstake of folk that use it as the norm.

@hibs.net private member
    Youngsters in my work everyytime they like something..."you're slaying it". "Giving off great vibes". Absolutely does my head in.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    "Poorless" to describe someone's mild amusement at something. Possibly the stupidest word ever.

I still think that "Oh my days" is the biggest load of nonsense of a phrase.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Buses.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

People who manage to cough or sneeze at 110 decibels, especially in public.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    People who manage to cough or sneeze at 110 decibels, especially in public.

Urgh... I'm bad for the odd loud sneeze :-/

@hibs.net private member
    Canned laughter, absolutely ****ing chronic with the Chase being one of the worst 🤬

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    The “USMNT” (US Mens National Team) when did that become a thing? Saw it as a headline when Germany beat them in a friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    The “USMNT” (US Mens National Team) when did that become a thing? Saw it as a headline when Germany beat them in a friendly.

They’ve been using that phrase and abbreviation for a few years