hibs.net Messageboard

Page 374 of 428 FirstFirst ... 274324364372373374375376384424 ... LastLast
Results 11,191 to 11,220 of 12833

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Nipping into Asda at Chesser last night on the way home from a run was an eye opener. Not sure what was on at the O2 Academy but the area was awash with teenagers and under 18s. The states some were in was eye opening, as was what they were wearing. Two girls getting refused entry who literally just had bras on. They had what looked like cut t-shirts on that were essentially just scarves as didn’t go below their collarbones.

With having a daughter it certainly makes you think and worry.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nipping into Asda at Chesser last night on the way home from a run was an eye opener. Not sure what was on at the O2 Academy but the area was awash with teenagers and under 18s. The states some were in was eye opening, as was what they were wearing. Two girls getting refused entry who literally just had bras on. They had what looked like cut t-shirts on that were essentially just scarves as didn’t go below their collarbones.

I was walking along Montgomery Street on the way to the match the other night and a teenage couple passed me... the guy was wrapped up but the girl was was just wearing thin lycra trousers (not the sort women wear to the gym) and a sort of bra-come-crop-top.

She must have been absolutely freezing. On the way back, there were a couple of girls presumably waiting for a taxi outside the student accommodation on London Road. One was kind of dressed like you described but at least had a warm jacket over her.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post

That appeared to be the fashion over here last summer. Wearing a top that was something between a bikini top and a bra. If it makes them happy then I'm not going to get all fuddy duddy about it.

When you buy a roll and bacon from the roll shop and they only got one rasher of bacon on it 🤬.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    When you buy a roll and bacon from the roll shop and they only got one rasher of bacon on it 🤬.
    Thats criminal, 3 rashers minimum or its just a roll 🤬

@hibs.net private member
    On the roll theme, when your so looking forward to a sausage roll (bap) from Costa drive thru and the contents of the roll/bap fall out of the roll and end up at your feet in the car 🤬

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    When you tell someone in the pub a rumour that you heard and assure them it’s just a rumour and that you have no actual facts to back it up. The next time you’re in the pub someone who was listening to your conversation , tells you the same rumour having forgotten it was only last week you discussed it.They back it up with they know someone in the know and it’s gospel.

@hibs.net private member
    The pub bore, not so much bore but moreso when you are in a good group and the funnies are getting churned out, just a general laugh out loud hour or so then the bore wants to get involved and kills the atmosphere stone dead with a long and unfunny gag 🤣

There's a lot of guys wearing shorts these days all year round. I suppose it's healthy.
    But you see some awful sights.

Comic Relief.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Comic Relief.
    Lot of utter *****, should mix it up a bit one year and get Frankie Boyle, Jimmy Carr and Anthony Jeselnik on. The pearl clutching that would follow alone would be amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The lack of cards that say Gran or Granny on them.

Literally mountains with Nan, Nanny or Grandma all sitting untouched whilst every 2nd person asks the assistant in the shop 'do you have one with Gran/Granny on it?'.

Do the buyers and gap analysis people in these places not have any knowledge of regional variations in dialect?
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

Literally mountains with Nan, Nanny or Grandma all sitting untouched whilst every 2nd person asks the assistant in the shop 'do you have one with Gran/Granny on it?'.

Do the buyers and gap analysis people in these places not have any knowledge of regional variations in dialect?
    Agree, same goes for Gran and Grandad. Good shop in Musselburgh High Street, sells everything, forget the name. Good card selection, Gran is available. Failing that I buy mine from Ebay.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I was asked to feed someone's cats for a couple of days and the day before my duties started the keys were posted through my door with a very detailed letter from the cats telling me where their "hoomans" left everything, what time they needed their fur cuddles and treats and how excited they were that I was their new hooman friend who was looking after them.
    I think that's really quite sweet. Imagine how much fun the person writing the note must have had.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs View Post
    On the roll theme, when your so looking forward to a sausage roll (bap) from Costa drive thru and the contents of the roll/bap fall out of the roll and end up at your feet in the car 🤬
    When you buy a Greggs sausage roll and it's cold. Was told "we don't guarantee to sell hot sausage rolls".

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    When you buy a Greggs sausage roll and it's cold. Was told "we don't guarantee to sell hot sausage rolls".
    We need more Baynes bakers in Edinburgh.

Folk turning up at 9 o’clock for the rugby and sitting in their cars having a few refreshments and taking all the parking places, put police checks on Glasgow Road and they would catch 100s if not 1000s of drink drivers after the game.

Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    That don’t keep them hot to avoid the tax.

totally agree with this! Infuriating

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I was asked to feed someone's cats for a couple of days and the day before my duties started the keys were posted through my door with a very detailed letter from the cats telling me where their "hoomans" left everything, what time they needed their fur cuddles and treats and how excited they were that I was their new hooman friend who was looking after them.
    I insist on being referred to as “the provider” rather than “dad” when talking about my cats, just so they know their place in the hierarchy of the hoose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Always been a problem, they're made down south where no one uses Ganny, I always found wee local shops had them as the bigger chain ones just have the generic Nan, Grandma etc.

Moonpig and Funky Pigeon allow you to alter the text on a lot of their cards.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar

Etsy is the solution, find a local artist, most will have what you need (loads of Gran and Granny ones there now) and you get a hand made quality card for not much more than moonpig charge.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar T Grouch View Post
    Etsy is the solution, find a local artist, most will have what you need (loads of Gran and Granny ones there now) and you get a hand made quality card for not much more than moonpig charge.
    On the subject of cards, Mother’s Day cards in my opinion should be to a Mum from their own child nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    On the subject of cards, Mother’s Day cards in my opinion should be to a Mum from their own child nothing else.
    Totally. Also Mother's Day cakes is a step too far for me.

Charging for flower bags in some shops (if they're organised enough to stock them) and not charging in others. The florists supplying the supermarket chains should cover the cost. The mark up they make on the over inflated prices added on special occasions should well cover the cost of the inconsistently applied charge of 20p.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    I was in the bad books yesterday, pointing out its not wife’s day didn’t cut it, Chinese takeaway last night brought a smile to her face, women eh.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    I was in the bad books yesterday, pointing out its not wife’s day didn’t cut it, Chinese takeaway last night brought a smile to her face, women eh.
    😀

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Amy Irons.

Seriously what is the appeal with her beyond being quite good looking? She's hopeless presenting the football, annoying on the radio and The Adventure Show (which used to be just about my favourite show on TV) is almost unwatchable since she took over presenting. She's so awkward and unnatural and every conversation is cringeworthy in how seemingly scripted and uneasy it is.
    Eni Aluko is the worst pundit out there. Her HT analysis from yesterday's Sheffield Utd-Blackburn game was abysmal.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Probably an irrational peeve, but people abandoning or not lining up their trolley at supermarkets properly when returning them

The ones that edge out on to the road cause someone couldn't be arsed nudging it forward ever so slightly especially does my nut in

Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    Probably an irrational peeve, but people abandoning or not lining up their trolley at supermarkets properly when returning them

The ones that edge out on to the road cause someone couldn't be arsed nudging it forward ever so slightly especially does my nut in

can I add to this, the trolley bays that are wide enough for 3 trolleys, yet inevitably there’s a single row of trolleys that sticks out into the road, whilst the other 2 rows only have a couple each… but folk still add the the one that’s too long already