hibs.net Messageboard

Page 369 of 429 FirstFirst ... 269319359367368369370371379419 ... LastLast
Results 11,041 to 11,070 of 12846

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nonshinyfinish View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you never use it at all then re-map it to something useful.

The reason it exists is to switch between the two sets of functions for the numpad keys – the numbers themselves or the alternative arrow keys, page up/down etc.
    I didn't realise that was an option, but I'll look into that!
    Mon the Hibs.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Fairy liquid and water works for me.
    Until it goes below freezing and the water won't come out.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Getting woken up early by the bin men. I live near a waste depot so we are quite early on the route meaning we are woken up just after 6 (I realise some won’t find that early - I do). Between the food waste, mixed recycling/landfill, garden waste and the communal bin collections in our street, it can be 5 or 6 days out of 7 that we’ve got a bin lorry of some description waking us up. Sometimes twice as the mixed recycling and glass recycling come at different times on the same morning.

People that write posts on here that make War and Peace look a bit short on words.

Just Eat.

They take circa 23% from every order placed on their platform. I know a fair few businesses who have taken the plunge and come off it and I hope more follow suit.

I always order direct from the restaurant/take away now if they offer that service.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    The fact that every larger group of pensioners staying at hotels have a Foghorn Leghorn type amongst them, whose voice is 35 decibels louder than everyone else's and which he puts to good use informing everyone of his wisdom on every conceivable subject and to crack jokes from his Les Dawson "book of one liners" from 1974 that he dusted down from his attic collection especially for the occasion.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    The fact that every larger group of pensioners staying at hotels have a Foghorn Leghorn type amongst them, whose voice is 35 decibels louder than everyone else's and which he puts to good use informing everyone of his wisdom on every conceivable subject and to crack jokes from his Les Dawson "book of one liners" from 1974 that he dusted down from his attic collection especially for the occasion.
    On a similar topic, the city of Glasgow.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    A fair few years back I was walking the Cateran Trail. One of the nights I 'treated' myself with a stay in the Spittal of Glenshee Hotel. I'm sure there are North Korean prisons that are more luxurious than this hotel was.

Anyway as I pitch up a coach tour is unloading and the accents suggest Yorkshire or close by. I head to my room, shower then hit the bar. There are a couple of guys there who give me the nod, ask where I have been and ask a few questions about my walk. I was quite glad of the company so took a table next to them. Then the class clown arrives. 'Alright lads, nice to get a bit peace and quiet, I've left the enemy in the room'. The look the original 2 gave me suggested peace and quiet was not what we were getting. 'Raining again, well seeing we are in Jockoland ha ha ha', 'your a big lad, did your parents out you in a grow bag? Must be all the rain ha ha ha', 'what's tomorrows itinerary lads, more sitting looking at miles and miles of bugger all ha ha ha'. This went on for what felt like hours.

They pissed off for dinner and I moved seats. Then a tsunami of polyester slacks and short sleeved shirts descended on the bar as the coach party reappeared. In among all this I missed the singer setting up......He proceeded to belt out 'Donald where's yer troosers' and 'ye cannae shover yer granny off a bus' out to his audience all whilst cracking horrific jokes. ''ello Nigel' 'oh look it's Trevor', 'now it's Percy me old mucker'. Mate they are from Yorkshire why are you talking like a cockney?

I swore then that if I ever find myself considering a Lochs & Glens Tours holiday then I'm sectioning myself.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    A fair few years back I was walking the Cateran Trail. One of the nights I 'treated' myself with a stay in the Spittal of Glenshee Hotel. I'm sure there are North Korean prisons that are more luxurious than this hotel was.

Anyway as I pitch up a coach tour is unloading and the accents suggest Yorkshire or close by. I head to my room, shower then hit the bar. There are a couple of guys there who give me the nod, ask where I have been and ask a few questions about my walk. I was quite glad of the company so took a table next to them. Then the class clown arrives. 'Alright lads, nice to get a bit peace and quiet, I've left the enemy in the room'. The look the original 2 gave me suggested peace and quiet was not what we were getting. 'Raining again, well seeing we are in Jockoland ha ha ha', 'your a big lad, did your parents out you in a grow bag? Must be all the rain ha ha ha', 'what's tomorrows itinerary lads, more sitting looking at miles and miles of bugger all ha ha ha'. This went on for what felt like hours.

They pissed off for dinner and I moved seats. Then a tsunami of polyester slacks and short sleeved shirts descended on the bar as the coach party reappeared. In among all this I missed the singer setting up......He proceeded to belt out 'Donald where's yer troosers' and 'ye cannae shover yer granny off a bus' out to his audience all whilst cracking horrific jokes. ''ello Nigel' 'oh look it's Trevor', 'now it's Percy me old mucker'. Mate they are from Yorkshire why are you talking like a cockney?

I swore then that if I ever find myself considering a Lochs & Glens Tours holiday then I'm sectioning myself.
    I met the Austrian version of your new pal last night, I'm not a mind reader but I swear the eyes of his compatriots were begging me to strangle him.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Harry Hill. He’s not funny.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Just Eat.

They take circa 23% from every order placed on their platform. I know a fair few businesses who have taken the plunge and come off it and I hope more follow suit.

I always order direct from the restaurant/take away now if they offer that service.
    They don’t take any where near that if you use your your own drivers, it’s a difficult one as the platform brings in so much business, trying to get that conversion to your own website is difficult but is one we would all like to achieve.

Just Eat.....

+1

@hibs.net private member
    Old people on holiday, particularly at self service when having meal at hotel. Im standing behind them with my plate waiting on them shovelling their chips or whatever onto their plates but they just ****ing stand staring at them before yapping to their pals, they are ****ing chips just ****ing get them on yer plate and move ****ing on, Im starving !!

Then after deciding they dont want chips after staring at them for 5 minutes they proceed to walk backwards and bang into me and my chipless plate, no ****ing spacial awareness whatsoever

Im done with Saga tours now 🤬

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Getting woken up early by the bin men. I live near a waste depot so we are quite early on the route meaning we are woken up just after 6 (I realise some won’t find that early - I do). Between the food waste, mixed recycling/landfill, garden waste and the communal bin collections in our street, it can be 5 or 6 days out of 7 that we’ve got a bin lorry of some description waking us up. Sometimes twice as the mixed recycling and glass recycling come at different times on the same morning.
    5.55 am this morning! I find it difficult to get back to sleep, so there’s my Sunday lie in gone!

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    My 4.93 Uber rating.

I've no idea when I got a non-5-star rating or why, but it's unsatisfying to look at.
    Mon the Hibs.

Pedestrians. I drive a motor bike and a car but I'm speaking here as a pedestrian. Just walk straight with some purpose. Don't slowly wander from side to side of the pavement, there are people behind you. Don't suddenly stop to take a photo or answer your phone, pretend you're a driver and pull over. If you come to a pedestrian crossing where there are no cars in sight just cross! don't press the button! If I'm walking towards you use your brain as I am doing do to judge who's space which of us should head for rather than just heading straight for it and stopping both of us in our paths.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldEast View Post
    Pedestrians. I drive a motor bike and a car but I'm speaking here as a pedestrian. Just walk straight with some purpose. Don't slowly wander from side to side of the pavement, there are people behind you. Don't suddenly stop to take a photo or answer your phone, pretend you're a driver and pull over. If you come to a pedestrian crossing where there are no cars in sight just cross! don't press the button! If I'm walking towards you use your brain as I am doing do to judge who's space which of us should head for rather than just heading straight for it and stopping both of us in our paths.
    Pedestrians looking at their phones.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Mild hangover headaches. I had a bit of a session yesterday/last night, nothing too mad and in bed at 12 after maybe 6 hours or so. Loads of water, paracetamol before bed and STILL have nursed a headache all day.

Just irritating.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Mild hangover headaches. I had a bit of a session yesterday/last night, nothing too mad and in bed at 12 after maybe 6 hours or so. Loads of water, paracetamol before bed and STILL have nursed a headache all day.

Just irritating.
    That used to be the ‘perfect’ hangover when I was young and it was some water and raring to go again. The past few years I used to wake up at around half 2 in the morning with the black fog, room spinning, anxiety and feeling sick, this lasted even until the Monday and to be honest, it wasnt even what I would call a ‘session’ not like when in my youth.

Nowadays I just dont drink as I simply hate being ill now as it just ruins my weekend. I can have a beer or two if Im out with my Wife but I normally just choose not too

The Victorian Plumbing advert, what the hell is that all about?

@hibs.net private member
    Go Compare ads, so ****ing nippy 🤬

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    The new We Buy Any Car advert.

I can't help singing along but I hate the advert.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs View Post
    That used to be the ‘perfect’ hangover when I was young and it was some water and raring to go again. The past few years I used to wake up at around half 2 in the morning with the black fog, room spinning, anxiety and feeling sick, this lasted even until the Monday and to be honest, it wasnt even what I would call a ‘session’ not like when in my youth.

Nowadays I just dont drink as I simply hate being ill now as it just ruins my weekend. I can have a beer or two if Im out with my Wife but I normally just choose not too
    Strangely I seem to have grown out of hangovers even after a big session. Used to suffer right up to my thirties, now I’m 55 and admittedly don’t drink as much or as regularly as I used to but even after after a big session now I never suffer.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs View Post
    Go Compare ads, so ****ing nippy 🤬
    I've probably moaned about them 3 times already on this thread. What sort of person can actually like that guy? It's baffling.

Talking of ads the one with Ian Botham for Revitive is the cringiest thing I've ever seen and I was a Botham fan back in the 80s as well. He once bought me a pint in a club in Bath because I was Scottish

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    I've probably moaned about them 3 times already on this thread. What sort of person can actually like that guy? It's baffling.

Talking of ads the one with Ian Botham for Revitive is the cringiest thing I've ever seen and I was a Botham fan back in the 80s as well. He once bought me a pint in a club in Bath because I was Scottish
    Yeah probably a bit of your moaning and the actual tv ads has reminded me that I cant stand them 🤣

Another one is the life insurance ad by the very ill looking and bloated razor ruddock, if he is going to give out health insurance advice he should really look at himself first 🤣

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Strangely I seem to have grown out of hangovers even after a big session. Used to suffer right up to my thirties, now I’m 55 and admittedly don’t drink as much or as regularly as I used to but even after after a big session now I never suffer.
    Aw there is a god after all, Im patiently waiting for that day 🤣

Trying to get my bairn to tell me what she does at school. Honestly it's a nightly ritual that's like pulling teeth. We have a decent idea because the homework book comes home every night but I want her to tell me.

What did you learn?
    Can't remember
    What did you have for lunch?
    Can't remember
    Who where you playing with?
    Just a girl
    Anyone else?
    Can't remember

I was worried we had raised a proper little oddball but we had parents night recently and got: 'she's very self assured', 'not the loudest but very popular', 'very bright and confident for her age'. We asked about the 'can't remember' and 'nothing' stuff and were assured it's totally normal but it does leave a nagging doubt. The more I push it the less she gives up tough.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Trying to get my bairn to tell me what she does at school. Honestly it's a nightly ritual that's like pulling teeth. We have a decent idea because the homework book comes home every night but I want her to tell me.

What did you learn?
    Can't remember
    Can't remember
    Just a girl
    Anyone else?
    Can't remember

I was worried we had raised a proper little oddball but we had parents night recently and got: 'she's very self assured', 'not the loudest but very popular', 'very bright and confident for her age'. We asked about the 'can't remember' and 'nothing' stuff and were assured it's totally normal but it does leave a nagging doubt. The more I push it the less she gives up tough.
    That never stops even when they get to high school!

Usually you’ll find they get pretty chatty about their day when it’s bedtime or you’re busy making a phone call 🙄

Getting a close up of Beefy Botham's feet selling us a foot spa, cheers but seeing bunions on horrible feet close up is not what want to see at tea time.

What did you learn?
    Can't remember
    Can't remember
    Just a girl
    Anyone else?
    Can't remember

there’s a technique called TEDs, that can sometimes help.

Tell me about your day
    Explain how your day was
    Describe what you did today

although you’re asking for information, because it’s actually an instruction rather than a question (need to use a soft tone though), there’s often an instinctive reaction for the recipient to offer more info

other suggestions are to ask questions that are designed to get them to talk about something they want to, such as what was your favourite part of the day, or what did you enjoy most
    Last edited by McD; 06-02-2023 at 08:26 PM.