hibs.net Messageboard

Page 361 of 428 FirstFirst ... 261311351359360361362363371411 ... LastLast
Results 10,801 to 10,830 of 12811

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    People who wait in the queue at Costa in front of you for several minutes with ample time to read the menu and decide what to order. Then when they get to be served they start looking at menu, shouting to their pals to ask what they want and generally take far longer than they should.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    When you send someone a text/WhatsApp message and they read it knowing you clearly want/need a response but simply don't bother to respond. Leaving you hanging on read or blue ticked should be a criminal offence.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

@hibs.net private member
    Back to buses 🤬

Bus running well late (surprise) young loud lassie gets on the bus, gives the driver some verbals (mostly expletives) then gets off 2 stops later, prob 2 to 3 hundred yards at most 🤬

When someone tells you they need an item by the following AM. You jump through hoops to source it, confirm it can be delivered AM overnight, send all the information to the requester at 10am and tell them the order must be in by midday to get it next day (it actually needs to be in by 12.30pm but a wee buffer is always in order).

They don't reply to an email, read but don't reply to 2 WhatsApp messages and ignore 3 follow up phone calls. They then come back at 12.55 and say they want to go ahead before going in an almighty strop when they are told it's not possible as they have missed the cut off and the supplier and their carrier won't budge. Apparently I'm 'obtuse', a 'dick' and 'worse than useless'.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When someone tells you they need an item by the following AM. You jump through hoops to source it, confirm it can be delivered AM overnight, send all the information to the requester at 10am and tell them the order must be in by midday to get it next day (it actually needs to be in by 12.30pm but a wee buffer is always in order).

They don't reply to an email, read but don't reply to 2 WhatsApp messages and ignore 3 follow up phone calls. They then come back at 12.55 and say they want to go ahead before going in an almighty strop when they are told it's not possible as they have missed the cut off and the supplier and their carrier won't budge. Apparently I'm 'obtuse', a 'dick' and 'worse than useless'.
    I hope after that response you told them you won’t supply them in the future.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs View Post
    Back to buses 🤬

Bus running well late (surprise) young loud lassie gets on the bus, gives the driver some verbals (mostly expletives) then gets off 2 stops later, prob 2 to 3 hundred yards at most 🤬
    That's actually quite funny.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Two from me.

People who park in disabled or parent & child spaces when they have neither a blue badge or a child. I was at Tesco Canonmills this morning just after 7, car park was deserted, I was the only car in it. As I was about to leave a woman drives in, parks in a disabled space and then strides over to the path that leads to the store. There was a standard space quite literally 5 steps to her left. Of course you can say 'well it doesn't matter, there were still plenty spaces for those that need them' but it's not the point, it's the mentality of someone who does that. If they do it when it's quiet then they will do it when it's busy.

Second one is people who are quite clearly lost or unsure where they are going but then lose all sense of the road around them and drive as if they are in a bubble and have no bearing on other road users. This usually goes one of 2 ways. You get the ones who slow to a crawl, peering up every side street, brake sharply and then perform a wild manoeuvre or 2 with no indication of their intention, it usually culminates in a u turn in a completely inappropriate place. The latter is a particular favourite of the Prius driving Uber driver. The other one of these types is the random indicator. These are usually seen on roundabout, particularly busy ones. They'll display a whole host of nonsensical indicators, jump lanes and then still have to cut someone off as they exit because despite crossing 4 lanes in 150 yards they are still in the wrong one. Being in the wrong lane at a junction or roundabout happens but if it's not safe to correct it then you really just need to commit to the lane you are in and sort yourself out somewhere else. Drifting across 3 lanes at Sherrifhall (usually whlst running at least 1 red light) and indicating wildly is just dangerous.
    I’ve observed a current Hibs player do the first one you mention. More than once as well.

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    I’ve observed a current Hibs player do the first one you mention. More than once as well.
    With the injury list we've got, I'm surprised there's only one abusing the blue badge bays 🙄

Grumpy old men.

There's one of them follows me about everywhere, moaning his face off about everything and everybody, telling everybody how much better the world was when he was young, whinging about cats, dogs, young folk, old folk, Brits, Foreigners,etc, etc....

Every time I look in the mirror... he's still bl**dy there!

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    I hate it when people use metaphors that are physically impossible, it makes my blood boil.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Two from me.

People who park in disabled or parent & child spaces when they have neither a blue badge or a child. I was at Tesco Canonmills this morning just after 7, car park was deserted, I was the only car in it. As I was about to leave a woman drives in, parks in a disabled space and then strides over to the path that leads to the store. There was a standard space quite literally 5 steps to her left. Of course you can say 'well it doesn't matter, there were still plenty spaces for those that need them' but it's not the point, it's the mentality of someone who does that. If they do it when it's quiet then they will do it when it's busy.

Second one is people who are quite clearly lost or unsure where they are going but then lose all sense of the road around them and drive as if they are in a bubble and have no bearing on other road users. This usually goes one of 2 ways. You get the ones who slow to a crawl, peering up every side street, brake sharply and then perform a wild manoeuvre or 2 with no indication of their intention, it usually culminates in a u turn in a completely inappropriate place. The latter is a particular favourite of the Prius driving Uber driver. The other one of these types is the random indicator. These are usually seen on roundabout, particularly busy ones. They'll display a whole host of nonsensical indicators, jump lanes and then still have to cut someone off as they exit because despite crossing 4 lanes in 150 yards they are still in the wrong one. Being in the wrong lane at a junction or roundabout happens but if it's not safe to correct it then you really just need to commit to the lane you are in and sort yourself out somewhere else. Drifting across 3 lanes at Sherrifhall (usually whlst running at least 1 red light) and indicating wildly is just dangerous.
    Guy in Tesco that parked his car in the electric charging bays, the car park was busy but not so much that there weren't any spaces he could have used.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    DPD telling me daily that there's unexpected delays and to expect my parcel tomorrow. 3 days in a row now...
    Mon the Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    DPD telling me daily that there's unexpected delays and to expect my parcel tomorrow. 3 days in a row now...

had that with a couple of deliveries this week, not sure wtf is going on. It took them 3 days to collect my parcel from the sender at the start of the week

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    had that with a couple of deliveries this week, not sure wtf is going on. It took them 3 days to collect my parcel from the sender at the start of the week
    Think it might get worse. Noticed ebay have a notice up advising sellers to consider switching from Royal Mail to couriers due to the strike dates this month. I read earlier Curry's have stopped using Royal Mail temporarily for sending smaller orders, maybe using DPD?

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Santa Cruz View Post
    Think it might get worse. Noticed ebay have a notice up advising sellers to consider switching from Royal Mail to couriers due to the strike dates this month. I read earlier Curry's have stopped using Royal Mail temporarily for sending smaller orders, maybe using DPD?
    It's Curry's my DPD parcel is from, so that checks out.

Hasn't stopped them setting up the direct debit for the phone I'm yet to receive... Due today though!
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member
    Ditto DPD. They cancelled today's collection of my broken mobile.

This is so annoying. No explanation.

@hibs.net private member
    As an add on. Can whatsapp be used on a laptop, not mobile ? Thanks

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pollution View Post
    Yes, but you'll have to confirm it's you on your phone first.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/comput...top-or-laptop/

@hibs.net private member
    Thanks for the replies but my phone is broken. So question two from a dinosaur: my phone will be out of service for a few weeks.

How do I cope in the meantime - can I buy a phone on a short contract or how does it work. I only need internet, texts and social media. Cheers again.

Just head to a phone repair shop, or a buy and sell shop for a cheap temp mobile. Then buy a pay as you go card from a supermarket. Never done this, but in your situation that's what I'd do to keep costs down.

Edit-think it might be worth double checking the second hand phone is unlocked before buying, if you opt to do this.
    Last edited by Santa Cruz; 05-12-2022 at 12:03 PM.

Not seen our postman since 30th November. 4 adults live in the house and all waiting on mail of some sorts. Checked with the neighbours and they not had any mail either. Getting ridiculous now.

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Not seen our postman since 30th November. 4 adults live in the house and all waiting on mail of some sorts. Checked with the neighbours and they not had any mail either. Getting ridiculous now.
    Yeah agreed, ridiculous what is being proposed regarding their terms and conditions and pay. It’s an inconvenience butI fully support them.

Thanks for the replies but my phone is broken. So question two from a dinosaur: my phone will be out of service for a few weeks.

How do I cope in the meantime - can I buy a phone on a short contract or how does it work. I only need internet, texts and social media. Cheers again.
    Would this suit, tenner off if you buy the top up with it. Order now, allegedly DPD will deliver tomorrow

https://www.tescomobile.com/shop/pay...fault_products

Carriers are always a shambles at this time of year. They get absolutely hammered with black Friday and it takes them weeks to catch up. Add in they will probably be taking on a lot of work because of the Royal Mail strikes as well.

We have a daily scheduled collection from DPD at work and twice last week the driver didn't show up as he was hours behind on his round. On Friday he was telling us it was his quietest day of the week and he had 117 drops!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Santa Cruz View Post
    Would this suit, tenner off if you buy the top up with it. Order now, allegedly DPD will deliver tomorrow

https://www.tescomobile.com/shop/pay...fault_products

Thanks for your reply but it is a Tesco phone that I have that is broken. Waiting for it to be collected by DPD. A double whammy if ever there was one !

@hibs.net private member
    On the courier carry on, came home from work the other day to a card hanging out my letterbox, card said in big bold writing ‘parcel behind plant pots at side of door’ no **** sherlock !! You could have spotted the parcel from outer ****ing space !!

Imagine having to explain to my Wife her Christmas present (Ironing board) got stolen before she could even use it 🫣
    Last edited by Bridge hibs; 05-12-2022 at 06:04 PM.

Thanks for your reply but it is a Tesco phone that I have that is broken. Waiting for it to be collected by DPD. A double whammy if ever there was one !

Argos pay as you go phones from £13 (need to buy top up card separate). Click and collect (from many Sainsbury stores as well as Argos) and delivery service is reliable and quick. After this post I'm all out of ideas.

@hibs.net private member
    Tangent, but the Ken loach film about the life of a delivery driver is great but a very hard watch. Can watch on iplayer. Sorry we missed you

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episod...-we-missed-you

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Rude/selfish people. Sat in mcDonalds with my young lad and two blokes sit down a table away from us, fine no issue. Then one of them decides to pull out his phone and watch the Japan V Croatia penalties with his phone at full volume. Absolutely no need for that and luckily my lad was just finishing his meal so we could bugger off out of there. Total lack of respect from the boy or a complete lack of awareness of his surroundings. By all means watch the game but you do not need the volume up full blast in a small McDonalds.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.