hibs.net Messageboard

Page 360 of 429 FirstFirst ... 260310350358359360361362370410 ... LastLast
Results 10,771 to 10,800 of 12857

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

@hibs.net private member Eaststand's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I actually saw it written in a book!!!!!
    I would of brought it to the attention of the books author

😉

GGTTH

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaststand View Post

😉

GGTTH
    *to the attention have the books author!

Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member Eaststand's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    *to the attention have the books author!

😄👏

ggtth

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaststand View Post

😉

GGTTH
    A possible explanation is that the book is based in the people's Republic of Leith 🤔😁
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    People who use the word 'of' when they meant to use the word 'have'.

e.g. "Maybe I should of concentrated more in English class at school."
    Will never stop me using should've...

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

Absolute nonsense from football commentators.

"He writes his own scripts. He scores when he wants!"

He's waited 80 minutes to score a penalty to level the score. Why's he not writing himself a 5 minute hattrick and an early night, Clive?
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Dog owners leaving the dog poo behind - particularly the one who left the wee pile that's on my lawn.
    There’s some woods near us that are great for the kids to run around in. We went on Sunday and and both me and the wife stepped in ****.

I despise other animals ****, I don’t care where it is, if people are frequently walking through it pick up your ****.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    The general rudeness of some folk these days. I was leading a training session and the number of folk that thought it was fine to be chatting whilst I was speaking was unreal. Then someone kept complaining we hadn't got to the bit they were interested in - well yes that would happen if you keep asking questions that other people have asked and have been answered. This was of course, immediately followed up by another question from them on a topic unrelated to the bit they really wanted to get to that had already been answered. Then same person butts in whilst I'm answering somebody's question with "can we forget about that and go onto this part?"

@hibs.net private member
    Ignorant bus ******s ! Standing at a bus stop for yonks as bus was running well late, tired cold and ****ing miserable and this lardy arsed prick with a rucksack on which was almost the size of a bus just decides to amble to the front of the queue as the bus arrived

No ****ing way jose, after a few power nudges and the death stare from me he was put back into his box, tosser 🤬

Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs View Post
    Ignorant bus ******s ! Standing at a bus stop for yonks as bus was running well late, tired cold and ****ing miserable and this lardy arsed prick with a rucksack on which was almost the size of a bus just decides to amble to the front of the queue as the bus arrived

No ****ing way jose, after a few power nudges and the death stare from me he was put back into his box, tosser 🤬
    A lot of people don't seem to get queuing these days. I'll leave it at that.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    A lot of people don't seem to get queuing these days. I'll leave it at that.
    I agree, costs nothing for manners. I still, no matter how long Ive been waiting let the old yins or folk with prams etc jump in front of me, cant stand ignorant pricks though

I agree, costs nothing for manners. I still, no matter how long Ive been waiting let the old yins or folk with prams etc jump in front of me, cant stand ignorant pricks though
    Indeed.

I'm the same. Always let folk who look like they need a seat on 1st.

In saying that old folk can be the worst for disregarding a queue and charging towards the front when a bus is approaching. I'll always step aside and say 'on you go' but a lot of them don't give you the chance. The wee old lady with the walking stick transforms into Usain Bolt when a bus is 40 yards away and travelling.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I'm the same. Always let folk who look like they need a seat on 1st.

In saying that old folk can be the worst for disregarding a queue and charging towards the front when a bus is approaching. I'll always step aside and say 'on you go' but a lot of them don't give you the chance. The wee old lady with the walking stick transforms into Usain Bolt when a bus is 40 yards away and travelling.
    😂 You’ve just described my Mother in Law.

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    The general rudeness of some folk these days. I was leading a training session and the number of folk that thought it was fine to be chatting whilst I was speaking was unreal. Then someone kept complaining we hadn't got to the bit they were interested in - well yes that would happen if you keep asking questions that other people have asked and have been answered. This was of course, immediately followed up by another question from them on a topic unrelated to the bit they really wanted to get to that had already been answered. Then same person butts in whilst I'm answering somebody's question with "can we forget about that and go onto this part?"
    I would've packed up my stuff and walked out.

@hibs.net private member
    Buses - the other week I'd finished a 12 hr nightshift, made my way to the west end for my bus and waited about 20 mins. When it arrived there was an airport bus and another waiting so I stepped back, caught the drivers attention and held up my hand, he nodded. The airport bus was taking a bit of time so after about 2 mins my bus driver decided he wouldn't wait and drove away. Its half an hour minimum to the next bus. Same thing happened to my son today but only one bus in front . Not what you need after work.

Following on from the rudeness, I was in London recently for a week of cocktails and musicals. The amount of people who chatted constantly during the shows was unbelievable. Apart from being rude and driving me nuts these shows cost a fortune why would you go and sit nattering?

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    People who think it’s funny to phone up and order food for collection and say they want to pay cash on collection and then don’t turn up. Fannies, just wasting their and our time thinking they have got one over on us and we’ve actually cooked the food waiting for them. Happened a few times over the last few weeks, tonight it was a £75 order, of course we never cooked anything as we’ll never take the risk unless ee know it’s 100% genuine.
    That's poor patter. Just tell anyone phoning that in that it's fine but you'll only start preparing the other when they arrive and pay. Sure you might lose a few genuine ones but it'll stop the twats.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Buses - the other week I'd finished a 12 hr nightshift, made my way to the west end for my bus and waited about 20 mins. When it arrived there was an airport bus and another waiting so I stepped back, caught the drivers attention and held up my hand, he nodded. The airport bus was taking a bit of time so after about 2 mins my bus driver decided he wouldn't wait and drove away. Its half an hour minimum to the next bus. Same thing happened to my son today but only one bus in front . Not what you need after work.

Following on from the rudeness, I was in London recently for a week of cocktails and musicals. The amount of people who chatted constantly during the shows was unbelievable. Apart from being rude and driving me nuts these shows cost a fortune why would you go and sit nattering?
    Really annoying as well when there's two of the same bus right behind each other and they overtake each other at alternate stops. Fine normally but the number of times I've gone to get on the bus only to be told it is full and the other bus has just driven off.

The one above about people jumping queue for the bus reminds me of pre-covid when I used to get the bus from my old place to work. Without fail, every day this woman would just push her way to front. She'd only be on for one stop as well. Even worse when linked to my previous paragraph.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Having my lack of fitba knowledge exposed time and time again, here and elsewhere.

CWG... "penalty!"

Hibs.net..... "diving cheating *******!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Having my lack of fitba knowledge exposed time and time again, here and elsewhere.

CWG... "penalty!"

Hibs.net..... "diving cheating *******!!!"
    You're John Beaton and I claim my prize

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

People who sit in cafes and restaurants talking loudly on their phone, with the person they're talking to also at full volume.

I'm not just talking about the usual 'annoying young folk' cliche either, as the two women that took at least three annoyingly loud calls in the restaurant at lunch time today were well over 60 y/o.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    People who sit in cafes and restaurants talking loudly on their phone, with the person they're talking to also at full volume.

I'm not just talking about the usual 'annoying young folk' cliche either, as the two women that took at least three annoyingly loud calls in the restaurant at lunch time today were well over 60 y/o.
    Being in the quiet coach on a train doesn't seem to stop some folk either.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Unsolicited FaceTimes.

I find it really intrusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Unsolicited FaceTimes.

I find it really intrusive.
    That sounds like something that shouldn't be, but I would agree!

I don't even like phone calls that aren't preplanned or relatively obvious to their reason immediately.
    Mon the Hibs.

Delivery folk that refuse to ring a door bell. I’m deaf. I’ve got settings that will allow me to “hear” the bell. 9/10 will refuse to ring the bell and just knock, even despite a note on the door and delivery notes.

By deaf I mean i have a significant hearing impairment even if not totally deaf. We were at Kylo tonight and the waitress was unintelligible to me despite being on my good side. She was literally whispering despite me saying twice that I could get the jist of what she’s saying if she simply spoke at a normal loudness
    Last edited by overdrive; 28-11-2022 at 02:24 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    That sounds like something that shouldn't be, but I would agree!

I don't even like phone calls that aren't preplanned or relatively obvious to their reason immediately.
    The other side if that is calls from scammers. I lie through my teeth to them to wind them up.

My most successful, although I do feel a little guilty, was telling one of those car accident scammers that I was pleased she called as it had happened just the day before. I then told her my wife had died in the crash, which usually made them hang up. This time the scammer started crying on the phone.

I suppose I could have told her the truth, but I like to think I did her a favour because she must have realised that the job wasn't for her. As I said, I do feel a little guilty.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Struggling to sleep.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Edinburgh airport, quite simply the worst airport to fly in/out off. Arriving back from a break on Sunday, 2 flights arrived at the same time but only 3 out 7 or 8 passport scanners were operational and even they were rejecting some electronic passports. Its ridiculous, took ages to get through passport control as a result.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Royal mail 48 hours tracked post.

Seller dispatch package at 17:15 Friday 25th.

Tracking shows it arrived at Edinburgh at 00:04 today, Wednesday 30th and with the strike it's going to be Saturday at the earliest before it gets to me.

I posted a package at 11:05 on Monday also 48 hours tracked and it arrived today before 11:00.

As reliable and consistent as scottish referees and VAR.

Two from me.

People who park in disabled or parent & child spaces when they have neither a blue badge or a child. I was at Tesco Canonmills this morning just after 7, car park was deserted, I was the only car in it. As I was about to leave a woman drives in, parks in a disabled space and then strides over to the path that leads to the store. There was a standard space quite literally 5 steps to her left. Of course you can say 'well it doesn't matter, there were still plenty spaces for those that need them' but it's not the point, it's the mentality of someone who does that. If they do it when it's quiet then they will do it when it's busy.

Second one is people who are quite clearly lost or unsure where they are going but then lose all sense of the road around them and drive as if they are in a bubble and have no bearing on other road users. This usually goes one of 2 ways. You get the ones who slow to a crawl, peering up every side street, brake sharply and then perform a wild manoeuvre or 2 with no indication of their intention, it usually culminates in a u turn in a completely inappropriate place. The latter is a particular favourite of the Prius driving Uber driver. The other one of these types is the random indicator. These are usually seen on roundabout, particularly busy ones. They'll display a whole host of nonsensical indicators, jump lanes and then still have to cut someone off as they exit because despite crossing 4 lanes in 150 yards they are still in the wrong one. Being in the wrong lane at a junction or roundabout happens but if it's not safe to correct it then you really just need to commit to the lane you are in and sort yourself out somewhere else. Drifting across 3 lanes at Sherrifhall (usually whlst running at least 1 red light) and indicating wildly is just dangerous.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years