hibs.net Messageboard

Page 356 of 427 FirstFirst ... 256306346354355356357358366406 ... LastLast
Results 10,651 to 10,680 of 12801

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Women that moan about the space their man takes up with his stuff in a suitcase. “You’re worse than a woman” is the retort both my current and ex wives have given me. No, actually I’m quite a bit bigger than you so my stuff takes up more room than yours, so even though I’m taking up half the case, I have less stuff in there overall.
    Logic? .. women?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Women that moan about the space their man takes up with his stuff in a suitcase. “You’re worse than a woman” is the retort both my current and ex wives have given me. No, actually I’m quite a bit bigger than you so my stuff takes up more room than yours, so even though I’m taking up half the case, I have less stuff in there overall.
    And that’s before you factor in that she has the other case to herself!

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Alf View Post
    Logic? .. women?

My wife is the logical one in our relationship but sometimes I still wonder what goes through her head when she does something very insignificant, but very irritating at the same time.

Example: got a mesh wifi system for the house and it was a most annoying thing to set up. I tried for about an hour and was a beaten man by the time I threw the towel in. She had a go and sorted it within 15 minutes. Some lass.

BUT THEN

We have our two recycling wheelie bins in the garage to save keeping smaller bins somewhere in our quite wee kitchen. They’re positioned so you don’t need to go down the steps in to the garage so you can open the door, reach the lid, lift and deposit detritus, but she goes and puts things on top of the lid, so if you waddle to the garage laden with stuff for the bin you can’t open the lid to get rid of it.

It’s maddening.
    Last edited by Jones28; 25-09-2022 at 12:47 PM.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    I’m at Oriam waiting on my daughters class to finish. Watching a kids game, U10s maybe, the coaches on one team are a couple of clowns. Their team isn’t as good but they’re just berating the kids. No actual encouragement or anything constructive.

The female on the Beauty Pie advert, get off my telly! 😬

@hibs.net private member EH6 Hibby's Avatar
    Being in Lanzarote for my first holiday since 2019 because of Covid and there’s a tropical storm going on. Apparently Tenerife have it worse, they’re not allowed out their hotels. Could only afford a week this time with how expensive it is, and it’s looking like I’ll be lucky to see any sun.

Blog Entries
    The wee, bitter dark bit at the end of a banana when it’s been peeled. Yuck.

@hibs.net private member
    Shelling boiled eggs, when it works brilliant, but Ive never mastered it. Most of the time my large boiled eggs end up the size of quails eggs by the time Im finished peeling them as half the egg ends up stuck to the shell 🤬

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs View Post
    Shelling boiled eggs, when it works brilliant, but Ive never mastered it. Most of the time my large boiled eggs end up the size of quails eggs by the time Im finished peeling them as half the egg ends up stuck to the shell 🤬
    The Germans call it "giving the eggs a fright". Basically you run the eggs under cold water for about 10 seconds after taking them out the pot. That helps separate the membrane, egg and shell and makes it easier to peel.

@hibs.net private member
    I just roll it on the counter. Skip to 45 seconds in this video as she is doing it, easy peasy

https://youtu.be/_tuhC9B73zw

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    The Germans call it "giving the eggs a fright". Basically you run the eggs under cold water for about 10 seconds after taking them out the pot. That helps separate the membrane, egg and shell and makes it easier to peel.
    This is the way.

Also helps to stop soft-boiled eggs from continuing to cook after you've taken them out.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by nonshinyfinish View Post
    This is the way.

Also helps to stop soft-boiled eggs from continuing to cook after you've taken them out.
    Doesn't it make them cold for eating?

Quote Originally Posted by Stairway 2 7 View Post
    Doesn't it make them cold for eating?
    Not even close. They've been in boiling water for 3mins. 10 seconds of cold won't phase them.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    Not even close. They've been in boiling water for 3mins. 10 seconds of cold won't phase them.
    Good stuff will try it

When did New Year become New Years? It's everywhere now and it's just weird!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    Mate believe me Ive tried everything, your method and Stairway 2 7s do work and those are my tried methods but more often or not it ends in disaster

My Wife likes boiled egg on toast on a Sunday and is miffed everytime she gets scrambled egg instead 🫣

Mate believe me Ive tried everything, your method and Stairway 2 7s do work and those are my tried methods but more often or not it ends in disaster

My Wife likes boiled egg on toast on a Sunday and is miffed everytime she gets scrambled egg instead 🫣
    You hold the egg under the slowly running cold tap AS you are peeling it. Works every time and no it doesn't make the egg cold to eat.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar

On a related topic I have an egg topper…if the Mrs wants egg n toast she gets the toast and some perfectly topped eggs. The rest she can do herself

https://www.procook.co.uk/product/pr...RoCwcQQAvD_BwE

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    On a related topic I have an egg topper…if the Mrs wants egg n toast she gets the toast and some perfectly topped eggs. The rest she can do herself

https://www.procook.co.uk/product/pr...RoCwcQQAvD_BwE
    Now your talking mate, thats her Christmas present sorted, she can do her own eggs 🤣👍

People who buy a house next to a church then complain about the bells

People who buy a house near a pub or music venue then complain there is noise

People who buy a house near a train line then complain there are trains

People who buy a house on a flight path then complain there are planes

People who buy a house near a school then complain there is a bell and loud children

You get the idea.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Folk that leave crap in their shopping trolley when they put it back like receipts, tissues, etc. Take it with you or put it in a bin.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    People who order food to be delivered when there is no one actually at home to take the delivery because they have been held up at work.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    I’m at Oriam waiting on my daughters class to finish. Watching a kids game, U10s maybe, the coaches on one team are a couple of clowns. Their team isn’t as good but they’re just berating the kids. No actual encouragement or anything constructive.
    At the risk of simply providing a weekly commentary on a kids game I’m watching again with the same two teams playing while waiting on my daughter. The coaches aren’t saying much. This weeks peeve is unfair but the stocky wee striker who thinks he’s billy big time simply because he’s bigger than the others but not any better technically. I think it’s the fact he looks like, and runs like, Boris Johnson is the real route of my irritation 🙈

@hibs.net private member
    Half trimmed French beans in a restaurant. So lazy !

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    ***** that back out of deals after you and others have went out of their way to do them a favour. Absolutely ****ing fuming.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Two in the one lunch-time trip to the Post Office to send a couple of packages and buy some stamps:

1. Folk working in shops that are on a phone call but go ahead and serve you anyway. Firstly it is rude to both you and the person they are speaking to but I had genuinely no idea if he was talking to me or the person on the phone at times.

2. Computer says 'no'. He produced the stamps and puts them on the counter in front of me. I get ready to pay and then he pulls the books of stamps back and says "sorry, I can't find a button for them on the till, so I can't sell you them".

@hibs.net private member GlesgaeHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    People who buy a house next to a church then complain about the bells

People who buy a house near a pub or music venue then complain there is noise

People who buy a house near a train line then complain there are trains

People who buy a house on a flight path then complain there are planes

People who buy a house near a school then complain there is a bell and loud children

You get the idea.
    Developers build houses in the most crazy locations too. Anytime I head north over the Queensferry crossing I always wonder who on earth would want to buy one of the new houses right next to the M90. The noise would drive you nuts, and you'd need your windae cleaner round weekly to clean the stoor of your windows from the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    People who order food to be delivered when there is no one actually at home to take the delivery because they have been held up at work.
    They should be lined up and shot out of hand.

Blog Entries
    The use of ‘they’ when talking about an individual. Female, male, trans-sexual, bi-sexual, binary, asexual , etc. etc. ……. a single person is not a ‘they’.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    The use of ‘they’ when talking about an individual. Female, male, trans-sexual, bi-sexual, binary, asexual , etc. etc. ……. a single person is not a ‘they’.
    I agree with you however it seems to be widely accepted.

Use for specific, known people, including non-binary people

Known individuals may be referred to as they if the individual's gender is unknown to the speaker. A known individual may also be referred to as they if the individual is non-binary or genderqueer and considers they and derivatives as appropriate pronouns.