Results 10,381 to 10,410 of 12835

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ironic coming from you
    And there endeth the lesson 😉

2. Log in to remove the advert

This used to be an entertaining thread, not so much these days.

Moving house and losing stuff you know you packed.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Only thing I lost in a move was a hairdryer, I hadn't realised Alex Ferguson was a removal man.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Then finding it again 7 years later after you've bought replacements.

Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post
    You shouldn't have lit the touchpaper then!

Nah, I just set light to the Magpies

Having to move things that the wife thinks look pretty before I can do a simple task.

Going to bed, have to move a mountain of cushions etc before I can get into it.

Sitting at the dining table, have to move candlestick and other ornaments before I can sit and use the table

Does my head in!

@hibs.net private member
    Having to move things that the wife thinks look pretty before I can do a simple task.

Going to bed, have to move a mountain of cushions etc before I can get into it.

Sitting at the dining table, have to move candlestick and other ornaments before I can sit and use the table

Does my head in!
    Or, much, much worse still, when you put your car keys on the table to pick up a few seconds later. Then when you go back and she swears she hasn't seen them, but after what feels like a 10 minute search you find them in her bag.

But she didn't put them there! Right.

Quote Originally Posted by AltheHibby View Post
    Or, much, much worse still, when you put your car keys on the table to pick up a few seconds later. Then when you go back and she swears she hasn't seen them, but after what feels like a 10 minute search you find them in her bag.

But she didn't put them there! Right.

my wife’s variant on this is leaving her car keys, house keys, phone, and whatever else is vaguely important, lying in random places around the house - toilet shelf, kitchen counter, table, phone shelf, bedside cabinet, jacket pocket, handbag, couch, and on and on. Then when she can’t find these things as she’s no idea where they’ve been abandoned, she gets all arsey and annoyed because she’s now in a rush and can’t find them

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    my wife’s variant on this is leaving her car keys, house keys, phone, and whatever else is vaguely important, lying in random places around the house - toilet shelf, kitchen counter, table, phone shelf, bedside cabinet, jacket pocket, handbag, couch, and on and on. Then when she can’t find these things as she’s no idea where they’ve been abandoned, she gets all arsey and annoyed because she’s now in a rush and can’t find them
    My wife once lost her car keys and we searched fir ages looking for them. Hunted high and low and couldn't find them. Turned up eventually........in the fridge
    I put a key hook up in the hall at her request as she kept losing keys. The one place I can guarantee that she will not put her keys is in the ******g key hook!!

Quotes getting broken on the main board

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    [QUOTE=SaulGoodman;7005409 Quotes getting broken on the main board[/QUOTE]

Agreed
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Agreed
    :

[QUOTE=SaulGoodman;7005409]Quotes getting broken on the main board

[QUOTE=matty_f;7005650Agreed[/QUOTE]

Total nightmare

Women that say their man needs to do more about the house but, when he does, no matter how he does it, it's still wrong.

Hang up the wet clothes from the washing machine? -- Ten minutes later you find they've all mysteriously moved to different parts of the clothes horse, and hung up using pegs.

You fold and put away all the clothes once they're dry? -- They don't go on that shelf, and you haven't folded the socks correctly.

You decide to do a bit of the ironing? -- You don't iron T-Shirts, ya numpty...and why are ye no ironing that Shirt?

Talking of unironed shirts: -- "If you go out and people (that I've never met, and am unlikely to ever meet) see you wearing a crumpled shirt, it reflects badly on me!"

p.s I'm so glad my wife isn't at all like that
    Last edited by Keith_M; 27-06-2022 at 08:13 PM.

[QUOTE=Keith_M;7006166]
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    Quotes getting broken on the main board

Total nightmare
    And then they get all mixed up not knowing who's quoted and who's posting.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Maybe one for the driving thread, though it’s not really driving related.

I went to fill my car up with petrol last night but the fuel cap wouldn’t come off. It was totally stuck. Brute force didn’t work. My car is just over one year old so I phoned the dealership service centre this morning. “Sorry we are only allowed to book a certain number of appointments per week for cars that are still in warranty and we’ve reached the limit for this week and we’ve only one appointment left for next week and it would have to be Thursday. Sorry, it is a manufacturer imposed restriction. You might be better trying the other Kia dealership at Newbridge.”

Tried Newbridge and as an aside, (and despite phoning the number listed as the service department on their website) I was initially told that the service department isn’t allowed to make appointments and I must call their national call centre instead (WTF?)

Anyway, I got the same message from them about there being a limit on in-warranty appointments except it was an even longer wait.

So, I’m stuck with a car with barely enough fuel in it to get to the dealership that I can’t use for over a week.
    So after all that about getting a slot because of it being under warranty, my partner has just took it in and they've said it isn't actually covered by the warranty and it will cost £119 to just look at it. I'd have taken it somewhere else. Absolute cretins - could they not have told me when I phoned.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    So after all that about getting a slot because of it being under warranty, my partner has just took it in and they've said it isn't actually covered by the warranty and it will cost £119 to just look at it. I'd have taken it somewhere else. Absolute cretins - could they not have told me when I phoned.
    Not sure why it's not covered if it's only 1 year old.
    Unless you have broken ot yourself of course.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Ask them to show you the exemption in the warranty! If it's not specifically mentioned dig your heals in. Citizens advice or trading standards might be able to help.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    https://www.kiaownersclub.co.uk/thre...working.38980/

Doesn't look like an isolated problem. Should absolutely be covered by KIA IMO.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    https://www.kiaownersclub.co.uk/thre...working.38980/

Doesn't look like an isolated problem. Should absolutely be covered by KIA IMO.
    Yep. I’ve just read the warranty exclusions and can’t see any exclusion for that, unless of course it’s my fault which it isn’t. Worked fine last time I went to fill up and I didn’t do anything different to normal (not that you really could)

Yep. I’ve just read the warranty exclusions and can’t see any exclusion for that, unless of course it’s my fault which it isn’t. Worked fine last time I went to fill up and I didn’t do anything different to normal (not that you really could)
    They’ve not phoned me but I just checked my email after posting this and they emailed me a “cash invoice” about half an hour ago. Line saying problem investigated and fixed with zero as the cost, so looks like my fiancée was told a load of old guff when she took it in or she picked them up wrong.

They’ve not phoned me but I just checked my email after posting this and they emailed me a “cash invoice” about half an hour ago. Line saying problem investigated and fixed with zero as the cost, so looks like my fiancée was told a load of old guff when she took it in or she picked them up wrong.

Could be they’ve said if it’s not covered by the warranty, you’d be liable for the investigation/diagnostic fee, and she has actually just picked them up wrong

Could be they’ve said if it’s not covered by the warranty, you’d be liable for the investigation/diagnostic fee, and she has actually just picked them up wrong
    Worth knowing that if it's a well known and common fault with a car that even a reasonable time outwith warranty that manufacturers should essentially cover it. Worked with MINIs for a few years and they had very common faults with the drivetrain and the sheer amount of new engine blocks you seen waiting to be fitted in a MINI garage was insane. Even outwith warranty the manufacturer often folded and replaced it FOC.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

So they phoned to say it was ready and actually reiterated that it isn’t covered by the warranty but haven’t charged as all it needed was some lubrication. I couldn’t be bothered arguing but that absolutely should be covered under warranty. If have any more issues, think I’ll take it to the other Kia dealership instead.

What kind of Kia have you got? Maybe you said before but I've missed it.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    When you are walking towards 2 people who are having a conversation and as they get close they stop talking for all of 2/3 seconds.As soon as they have passed they start the conversation up again. There's no need, I don't know who or what yuu're talking about and I certainly won't pick up what the conversation is about.

Tesco squash. It used to be double concentrated which gave a little bit of leaway if you were a bit heavy or light with your pour. It's now quadruple concentrated and just one drop too much leaves you with a nuclear strength drink that puts hairs on your eyeballs.

“I’m not going to lie…”

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Jimmy View Post
    What kind of Kia have you got? Maybe you said before but I've missed it.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
    Rio