hibs.net Messageboard

Page 330 of 429 FirstFirst ... 230280320328329330331332340380 ... LastLast
Results 9,871 to 9,900 of 12845

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Sweet potato fries. They're bloody awful. Soggy, mushy, taste awful and they're everywhere.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sweet potato fries. They're bloody awful. Soggy, mushy, taste awful and they're everywhere.
    100% agree. Really not a fan of sweet potato in general.

Halloumi fries on the other hand, amazing.

@hibs.net private member
    McAfee pop ups. Cant even uninstall the programme itself.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    This will have been posted multiple times before, but recently I’m seeing more and more dog **** on the streets round where I live. Loads of it. It’s absolutely disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by pollution View Post
    McAfee pop ups. Cant even uninstall the programme itself.

Switch to Linux.

Then you won't need McAfee... or have loads of useless, pre-installed, irritating programmes that are only there because Microsoft, or the laptop manufacturer, gets a kickback..

People who lose the plot at Christmas.

Went out to Asda early doors today to get a couple of bits and bobs. Fairly busy even at 7am. One guy at the self checkouts had to wait maybe 2 minutes on assistance. Starts shouting 'can I get some ****ing help here, what's the ****ing hold up?'. Woman serving went over and was far polite than I would have been, then he starts on her again: '****ing joke of a place this, no even got any ****ing After Eights, where's the ****ing After Eights?'

Really? 2 points. If having no After Eights is really making you that angry I think you need to reflect on what is important. Secondly if you are that desperate for After Eights then don' t wait until Christmas Eve to buy them.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    People who lose the plot at Christmas.

Went out to Asda early doors today to get a couple of bits and bobs. Fairly busy even at 7am. One guy at the self checkouts had to wait maybe 2 minutes on assistance. Starts shouting 'can I get some ****ing help here, what's the ****ing hold up?'. Woman serving went over and was far polite than I would have been, then he starts on her again: '****ing joke of a place this, no even got any ****ing After Eights, where's the ****ing After Eights?'

Really? 2 points. If having no After Eights is really making you that angry I think you need to reflect on what is important. Secondly if you are that desperate for After Eights then don' t wait until Christmas Eve to buy them.
    There were some utterly crazed women in M&S at the Fort yesterday. Crazed women with a trolley is not a good mix and I had to take evasive action at least 3 times and I was only in the shop for 10 minutes. You could see it in their eyes...scary!

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    There were some utterly crazed women in M&S at the Fort yesterday. Crazed women with a trolley is not a good mix and I had to take evasive action at least 3 times and I was only in the shop for 10 minutes. You could see it in their eyes...scary!

I have to nip out to get some essentials like bread and milk, I am now dreading going out for a couple of things now

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    This will have been posted multiple times before, but recently I’m seeing more and more dog **** on the streets round where I live. Loads of it. It’s absolutely disgusting.
    Had to sweep some up last week on the pavement my lad had stood in it, thought it was a protest outside by some disgruntled dog walker, was loads of it, dirty lazy tramps.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Had to sweep some up last week on the pavement my lad had stood in it, thought it was a protest outside by some disgruntled dog walker, was loads of it, dirty lazy tramps.
    I’m sure we’re in the same street Silver. Walk my dog here every day, wouldn’t dream of not picking up after her.

The whole streets boggin just now though. Top to bottom, both sides.

Blog Entries
    Back on to the old dog poo problem. It’s disgusting but equally disgusting are the muppets who bag the poo and hang it on trees, fences or just throw it away. Poo left to disappear naturally is arguably better than preserving it for posterity in plastic coffins.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Back on to the old dog poo problem. It’s disgusting but equally disgusting are the muppets who bag the poo and hang it on trees, fences or just throw it away. Poo left to disappear naturally is arguably better than preserving it for posterity in plastic coffins.

That is the most ridiculous way to deal with the problem of dog poo.

Why let it naturally degrade when you can preserve it in plastic for future generations?
    Last edited by Keith_M; 24-12-2021 at 08:19 PM.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    On the subject of dogs, I often have music videos on a loop on the TV in the morning whilst I get ready. The absolutely beautiful video for "Why Does My Heart Feel So Bad" by Moby was on and in the usual talk you do to a dog, I asked our dog if she also came from the moon and did the silly excited talking to her about it as she was waggling her tail.

Took her out for a walk straight after and as soon as we got around the corner, she started making friends with another dog. The usual small talk was done with the other dog owner and that video and the doggy talk must have still been in my mind because I said out loud "Come along space woofer".

The other person had a look of genuine bemusement and I didn't really want to explain why I'd just called my dog "space woofer".

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

I believe the term for hanging it from trees is ‘Fairy *****s’. 😜

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    I've heard it argued/reasoned before by dog owners that this is done if a dog toilets close to the start of a walk, the intention is to bag it and hang out so it can be collected on the return then binned rather than carry the animal made hand warmer all along the trek.
    Unfortunately, it seems many bags are conveniently forgotten about.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    I've heard it argued/reasoned before by dog owners that this is done if a dog toilets close to the start of a walk, the intention is to bag it and hang out so it can be collected on the return then binned rather than carry the animal made hand warmer all along the trek.
    Unfortunately, it seems many bags are conveniently forgotten about.
    Hmm that’s a bit of a stretch!

For starters you can carry the bag by the handle so as to not ‘warm’ you hands…secondly any sensible dog walker will know the bin locations on their walk and just adjust said walk to take account of the fact the mutt was clearly bursting

There really is no excuse for leaving it in a pavement or a bag lying around, it’s right up there in terms of selfish inconsiderate behaviour. Just a shame it’s so hard to police.

I’m sure we’re in the same street Silver. Walk my dog here every day, wouldn’t dream of not picking up after her.

The whole streets boggin just now though. Top to bottom, both sides.
    The tar makeover on the road was a disaster and left the street a mess, parts done, what a mess it is, do you wear a grey woolly hat.

Mackies crisps.

They seem to have aspirations to sit in the top tier but they are every inch League One quality.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Gamer IDs

The tar makeover on the road was a disaster and left the street a mess, parts done, what a mess it is, do you wear a grey woolly hat.
    Aye that road tar job was a shambles, just go round the parked cars, and spray it half up the curbs, it’s a mess.

Not me with the hat though, I don’t think so anyway. I’m the tall guy with the wee dog! Usually in football tracksuit for the dog walks.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Mackies crisps.

They seem to have aspirations to sit in the top tier but they are every inch League One quality.
    Can't agree with this - their boxing day curry and haggis and peppercorn flavours are top tier in my book.

They also have the good grace to keep their bags at the respected and dependable £1 mark whilst all the others creep up to £1.25/£1.50/£2.
    Mon the Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    Can't agree with this - their boxing day curry and haggis and peppercorn flavours are top tier in my book.

They also have the good grace to keep their bags at the respected and dependable £1 mark whilst all the others creep up to £1.25/£1.50/£2.
    The flavours are fine. They just aren't crispy enough for me. Alnost like crisps that have been left out for a couple of hours.

Kettle Chips are the crispness all other crisps should aim for and Mackies fall short imo.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post

I love their Tomato ones.

Gamer IDs

The flavours are fine. They just aren't crispy enough for me. Alnost like crisps that have been left out for a couple of hours.

Kettle Chips are the crispness all other crisps should aim for and Mackies fall short imo.
    Kettle Chips are really good, but Co-op own brand Salt and Vinegar ones are great.

Aye that road tar job was a shambles, just go round the parked cars, and spray it half up the curbs, it’s a mess.

Not me with the hat though, I don’t think so anyway. I’m the tall guy with the wee dog! Usually in football tracksuit for the dog walks.
    Went to car this morning and dog s***e at my pathway, it’s everywhere, deary me, will keep a eye out for you, I’m opposite the house that’s getting the makeover where the garden wall collapsed

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Kettle Chips are really good, but Co-op own brand Salt and Vinegar ones are great.
    Crisp wars. Love it.

You guys should listen to RadMac at the weekends
    There's some serious debate about potato-based snacks on there 😁
    Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 27-12-2021 at 02:08 PM.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Went to car this morning and dog s***e at my pathway, it’s everywhere, deary me, will keep a eye out for you, I’m opposite the house that’s getting the makeover where the garden wall collapsed
    Is it maybe the foxes? Their *****s are unregulated.

Edit. I mean the canine variety. Not the dirty *******s at Number 74.

Mackies crisps.

Too thick and taste burnt most of the time, Aldi's own brand are as good as I've tasted, I was told most of Aldi and Lidl's stuff are made by the more famous brands.

@hibs.net private member
    War films on TV at Christmas.

Only in the Uk...seriously, do any other countries do this ?

Every year without fail for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by pollution View Post
    War films on TV at Christmas.

Only in the Uk...seriously, do any other countries do this ?

Every year without fail for decades.
    The Great Escape is definitely a traditional showing… if there are a few others Is it not more that they put “auld classics” on?

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    The Great Escape is definitely a traditional showing… if there are a few others Is it not more that they put “auld classics” on?

Probably, but there really are a lot of programs about the war on TV in the UK.

Funnily enough, it's quite rare in Germany...