hibs.net Messageboard

Page 321 of 428 FirstFirst ... 221271311319320321322323331371421 ... LastLast
Results 9,601 to 9,630 of 12829

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pollution View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shop assistants not taking off the security tag and the alarm going full tilt.
    Wife has bought three different items online recently and all arrived with security tags still on. I should add ordered from a proper retailer so nothing dodgy just incompetent staff.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    When you order a supper from the chippy and they don’t lift the main item up so that you get salt and sauce on the chips underneath. Criminal behaviour.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Wife has bought three different items online recently and all arrived with security tags still on. I should add ordered from a proper retailer so nothing dodgy just incompetent staff.

Has she managed to make it out the front door without the alarm going off?

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Has she managed to make it out the front door without the alarm going off?
    I think Scouse will have strip searched her as a precaution.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Finally found an exercise regime I loved and got into - fives, outdoor swimming and jogging. Just felt my calf go earlier and in agony.

Always struggle to keep things going and really, really pissed of at it.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Finally found an exercise regime I loved and got into - fives, outdoor swimming and jogging. Just felt my calf go earlier and in agony.

Hopefully it's not too severe and you're back to the 5s in a month or so. It's always a wee reminder to do plenty stretches before playing!

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Hopefully it's not too severe and you're back to the 5s in a month or so. It's always a wee reminder to do plenty stretches before playing!
    Partner’s sure that it’s a minor Achilles tear. Certainly agony and ticks all the boxes from what I see for it to be that.

Will get it into the tidal pool at the beach soon and no doubt the cold will work wonders on the pain and the swelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post

When you are back to fitness start to incorporate calf raises into your routine.

I used to suffer with horrendous calf issues and after consulting a physio she showed me a few exercises, foam rolls etc to try but said the calf raise was still the gold standard. She suggested a regular runner should be able to do about 20 single leg raises and still feel comfortable. You don't run on 2 legs at the same time so the single leg raise makes sense. You can add in double leg, weighted etc if/when you feel they are needed.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    I think Scouse will have strip searched her as a precaution.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    When you are back to fitness start to incorporate calf raises into your routine.

I used to suffer with horrendous calf issues and after consulting a physio she showed me a few exercises, foam rolls etc to try but said the calf raise was still the gold standard. She suggested a regular runner should be able to do about 20 single leg raises and still feel comfortable. You don't run on 2 legs at the same time so the single leg raise makes sense. You can add in double leg, weighted etc if/when you feel they are needed.
    Defo not an Achilles tear as was able to hobble about yesterday if not put much weight in it but done a lot of those stretches and went for a 40 minute cold water swim this morning and the distance is remarkable. Limping but at work and able to pull my weight in some capacity. Able to do a lot more stretches after that swim too - was absolutely freezing but body is acclimatised to it to last a fair bit in there.

Still know it’s tender and weakened but from being on the couch all Thursday with ice packs and agony to today is remarkable.

Thank you 👍
    Last edited by Northernhibee; 16-10-2021 at 11:41 AM.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    When Amazon sends an alert saying your package is 8 (or however many) stops away. “Click to see where on the map it is”. When you click there is no map!

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Brits abroad - or at least some of them.

I was summoned this afternoon to sort out my French resident's permit (merci Brexit !). There was about 20 of us in the waiting room, all expats with more than half of retirement age.

About half the people there didn't speak a word of French. When the staff spoke to them they ploughed on in English without even attempting a "oui" or a "non". These are people that live here but mix exclusively in wee Brit cliques and make no effort to integrate.

I'd deport the lot of them if it was up to me. Ignorant tossers!

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Brits abroad - or at least some of them.

I was summoned this afternoon to sort out my French resident's permit (merci Brexit !). There was about 20 of us in the waiting room, all expats with more than half of retirement age.

About half the people there didn't speak a word of French. When the staff spoke to them they ploughed on in English without even attempting a "oui" or a "non". These are people that live here but mix exclusively in wee Brit cliques and make no effort to integrate.

I'd deport the lot of them if it was up to me. Ignorant tossers!
    It's the same in Germany and many of those who refuse to integrate actually dislike living here and constantly moan about the Germans. There's a large ex-pat community living in Berlin, I know a few that have been here for decades who can barely speak a word of German and are proud of the fact.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    It's the same in Germany and many of those who refuse to integrate actually dislike living here and constantly moan about the Germans. There's a large ex-pat community living in Berlin, I know a few that have been here for decades who can barely speak a word of German and are proud of the fact.

People who think that talking is some kind of race to get as many words out as possible within the shortest period of time.

People who think that talking is some kind of race to get as many words out as possible within the shortest period of time.
    Whathefuyeonaboot?

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Whathefuyeonaboot?

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    People who can’t be bothered to ensure they get to work on time. Pretty obvious that if your bus gets stuck in traffic nearly every day and makes you late that you need to leave the house earlier and get an earlier bus surely?

And in Switzerland. You can easily get a job in a multi national here, bank or similar, and never really have to speak a word of German, French or Italian.

Lazy ********s (although very nice in other ways as some are my mates, or usually their American wives)

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    People who can’t be bothered to ensure they get to work on time. Pretty obvious that if your bus gets stuck in traffic nearly every day and makes you late that you need to leave the house earlier and get an earlier bus surely?
    Just lateness for anything. It’s disrespectful- those that are always late and think it’s endearing or funny or whatever are just *****.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Just lateness for anything. It’s disrespectful- those that are always late and think it’s endearing or funny or whatever are just *****.
    I saw a thread about this elsewhere about a woman who claimed no matter what she did she was always late and things always seemed to happen to her that made her late. Absolute *****.

I had friends come to mine for a bbq over the summer, one car was here on time and the other was over an hour late, by which time the food was charcoal and 3 of the 4 that were late were vegan so they had to cook their own ****ing food before we could sit down to eat.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

People who call the tomato sauce that baked beans come in “bean juice”.

It’s not.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I hate being late, though sometimes it happens and when it does it stresses me out.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

I honestly think if I added up all the hours I have been early in my life I'd find I'd lost about a month.

I get to the airport 3 hours before a flight, I'm at work at least half an hour early every morning, I hang about outside restaurants because I'm there 15 minutes before my booking, I drink an extra pint each time I meet anyone in a pub because I've arrived 25 minutes before we agreed to meet etc etc..

I hate lateness with a passion and can't be ersed with people who think it's some positive character trait. It's just rude and if it's habitual and you make no effort to change that then that makes it worse. Like Matty says on the odd occasion I have been late I get really stressed and panicky about it.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    I honestly think if I added up all the hours I have been early in my life I'd find I'd lost about a month.

I get to the airport 3 hours before a flight, I'm at work at least half an hour early every morning, I hang about outside restaurants because I'm there 15 minutes before my booking, I drink an extra pint each time I meet anyone in a pub because I've arrived 25 minutes before we agreed to meet etc etc..

I hate lateness with a passion and can't be ersed with people who think it's some positive character trait. It's just rude and if it's habitual and you make no effort to change that then that makes it worse. Like Matty says on the odd occasion I have been late I get really stressed and panicky about it.
    That's me too, we have one pal you have to lie about what time we are meeting so we know he will be there at the right time, he's always about an hour late for everything

cannot agree more with every point

my brother and his wife are always late, family meals, family get togethers, everything. It’s rude, disrespectful and selfish, and they don’t give a toss about anyone else that’s waiting on them. It’s not unusual for them to be an hour late, and there’s not ever a ‘sorry’ or anything like that.

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar

What a hardship 😜

But seriously, I'm another that cannot be late and will always strive to be early nevermind on-time.
    It's part being polite, part courtesy and a part fear of missing out.

Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    What a hardship

But seriously, I'm another that cannot be late and will always strive to be early nevermind on-time.
    It's part being polite, part courtesy and a part fear of missing out.
    Same here. Even if I'm meeting people who are always late and I myself try to be late, I don't manage it will probably still be 5 minutes early.

Anybody that gets annoyed about people being late would have a great time with my family.

My Mum and Dad used to drive through to visit when my kids were still small, and would arrive at least 45 minutes after they said they were going to arrive. In fact, one time they were an hour and a half late... and the drive to our house from theirs was only 50 minutes.

My sister was 45 minutes late for my wedding, which she blamed on her three year old son.

My other sister was 30 minutes late for her own wedding.

We had a memorial for my Mum recently, ten years after she passed away, and me an the Missus were the only ones that turned up on time. The others arrived between 20 and 45 minutes late.

We then agreed to meet at My Sister's house afterward, and my Sister and Dad turned up nearly an hour after we did.

I went to the football last weekend and arranged to meet my Dad and my Nephew for a cuppa before hand. They were only 30 minutes late, which must be some kind of record for them. My Dad blamed my sister for dropping the kid off late at his house. My sister then blamed her son (yep same sister, same son, over ten years later).

You lot would have a meltdown, seriously!

Last edited by Keith_M; 22-10-2021 at 08:28 PM.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I’m another for the lateness. I’m always on time, but have to constantly deal with lateness from others. The thing that gets me is it’s always another excuse as the late party turns up all flustered. It’s never their fault, but the majority of people manage to get through life without the same dramas.

United we stand here....