hibs.net Messageboard

Page 310 of 428 FirstFirst ... 210260300308309310311312320360410 ... LastLast
Results 9,271 to 9,300 of 12829

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On the subject of delivery drivers, Hermes delivery drivers. When I order trainers I pray its not Hermes that are delivering them because 9 times out of 10 the box is smashed to buggery and a few times said trainers are damaged and need returned for an exchange.

The message when the parcel is delivered should read your Hermes delivery driver has just volleyed your parcel to your door from 3 miles away.
    My hermes driver is the opposite. He is mute and comes to me to get directions, shows me the address and I let him know which house it is. Bearing in mind that all the houses are named and scattered about a bit round here he is doing the sensible thing.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    My hermes driver is the opposite. He is mute and comes to me to get directions, shows me the address and I let him know which house it is. Bearing in mind that all the houses are named and scattered about a bit round here he is doing the sensible thing.
    Draw him a wee map of the post code.
    I used to have a tricky bit on my run with about a dozen houses well spread out. One of my customers handed me a map with all the houses drawn on it, saved me a fair amount of time.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Killiehibbie View Post
    Draw him a wee map of the post code.
    I used to have a tricky bit on my run with about a dozen houses well spread out. One of my customers handed me a map with all the houses drawn on it, saved me a fair amount of time.
    That's a good idea, I will be able to do that quite easily with mapping software 👍
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    On the subject of delivery drivers, Hermes delivery drivers. When I order trainers I pray its not Hermes that are delivering them because 9 times out of 10 the box is smashed to buggery and a few times said trainers are damaged and need returned for an exchange.

The message when the parcel is delivered should read your Hermes delivery driver has just volleyed your parcel to your door from 3 miles away.
    I concur, our Hermes driver is the biggest pain in the erse ever.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Some people couldn't organise a pish-up in a brewery. Drove the wife to work in Berlin today for the first time in nearly 18 months. Stopped for a coffee in their rest area and noticed there was a one way system around the coffee maker, first you come to sugar/milk, then coffee and then finally to the mugs. And this in a company that designs computer software
    Last edited by Hibrandenburg; 09-08-2021 at 09:41 AM.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    Some people couldn't organise a pish-up in a brewery. Drove the wife to work in Berlin today for the first time in nearly 18 months. Stopped for a coffee in their rest area and noticed there was a one way system around the coffee maker, first you come to sugar/milk, then coffee and then finally to the mugs. And this in a company that designs computer software
    Thats how its done. Charge the customer more for fixing a problem that shouldn't be there.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Iphone chargers aren’t the handiest shape for pulling out of wall sockets.

Why does everyone say “quote, unquote” and then the words they are quoting? It does nothing to tell you when the quote finishes and surely it would be better to say “quote” then the quote, followed by “unquote”?

Sky Q mini boxes not being able to turn on in the early hours without getting up and resetting broadband. Really annoying when I wake up and fancy watching the basketball.

Posh folk. (Excluding David Mitchell)

Compulsive liars. Otherwise nice and decent guys but just can’t help bull****ting even when it’s of no benefit to them or anyone else. (This one not so much a peeve, just baffles me)

How often I hear the words “coffee” and “Prosecco” these days. Especially as neither appeal to me in the slightest.

Dominos - just save all the carry-on and make your prices normal!

Craft beers and pale ales.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post

Why does everyone say “quote, unquote” and then the words they are quoting? It does nothing to tell you when the quote finishes and surely it would be better to say “quote” then the quote, followed by “unquote”?

Sky Q mini boxes not being able to turn on in the early hours without getting up and resetting broadband. Really annoying when I wake up and fancy watching the basketball.

Compulsive liars. Otherwise nice and decent guys but just can’t help bull****ting even when it’s of no benefit to them or anyone else. (This one not so much a peeve, just baffles me)

How often I hear the words “coffee” and “Prosecco” these days. Especially as neither appeal to me in the slightest.

Old mate of mine, very good mate in fact. For years pretended he was hungover in the morning after drinking a 40 ouncer of vodka the night before. A total lie and everyone knew it but he kept doing it. Haven't seen him for a long time, maybe still at it.

sky q boxes - they’re set up to do that to save power/be greener

if waking up at that time is quite often, go into the settings of all your q boxes and change the standby mode in preferences to active, rather than eco. need to do them all as the signal is transferred from the main box to the mini, so can’t just do the mini on its own or you’ll get the same end result. Means they’ll go into standby rather than off entirely, and you’ll not need to get up

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    sky q boxes - they’re set up to do that to save power/be greener

if waking up at that time is quite often, go into the settings of all your q boxes and change the standby mode in preferences to active, rather than eco. need to do them all as the signal is transferred from the main box to the mini, so can’t just do the mini on its own or you’ll get the same end result. Means they’ll go into standby rather than off entirely, and you’ll not need to get up
    Thanks mate. It’s not all THAT often, just when it does happen it annoys me
    😂.. I think I took the decision that energy saving was more important than my occasional basketball game haha

Latency / lag in video calls.

Both people speak at the same time...three seconds of silence as both wait for the other person to speak...no one speaks so both people speak at the same time again....three seconds of silence....both people speak at the same time again...

Thanks mate. It’s not all THAT often, just when it does happen it annoys me
    ��.. I think I took the decision that energy saving was more important than my occasional basketball game haha

On that basis, put the basketball on to record, even if you wouldn’t watch the recording. The main box won’t go into power off mode until after the recording, so all you’d need to do is power up the mini to watch it live

Celebrities humble bragging on Twitter on exam results day.

'I got 2 Cs and a D and now I'm worth £60m. Never give up.'

**** off. First of all you are just making something all about you. Secondly you know fine well that isn't the reality for most people. Thirdly it makes no one feel better about themselves it they are disappointed with their results.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    On that basis, put the basketball on to record, even if you wouldn’t watch the recording. The main box won’t go into power off mode until after the recording, so all you’d need to do is power up the mini to watch it live
    You ken your stuff pal - thanks! Going to have to eliminate the peeve from my post at this rate 🙄😂

You ken your stuff pal - thanks! Going to have to eliminate the peeve from my post at this rate 🙄😂

not at all bud happy if it helps

Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    Thats how its done. Charge the customer more for fixing a problem that shouldn't be there.

Usually happens when customer signs off UAT when they haven't done any UAT.

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    Usually happens when customer signs off UAT when they haven't done any UAT.
    In our place they set a base outline of the problem and only spec the final system once we are in UAT. Then we get complaints that the app is late....

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    I see they are going to remake Planes, Trains & Automobiles. One of my favourite films. I was against remaking it when I heard about it, only to then find out Kevin Hart will be in it. From Steve Martin & John Candy to Kevin Hart. Say it ain’t so!

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Kate Garroway. Just talks over absolutely everyone. Asks a question, waits for the person to open their mouth...then shouts over them.

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    Beer companies who reduce the ABV of their drinks. Brewdog Elvis Juice has went from 6.5 to 5.1% with a noticeable taste difference and not for the better. Punk IPA down from 5.6 to 5.4%. Stella Artois has somehow went from 5.2 to 5.0 to 4.8 now 4.6% over the past few years. It'll be an alcohol free beer the way their going. Bud has also went from 5.0 to 4.6%. If I wanted a Bud Lite, it'd buy Bud Light.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AFKA5814_Hibs View Post
    Beer companies who reduce the ABV of their drinks. Brewdog Elvis Juice has went from 6.5 to 5.1% with a noticeable taste difference and not for the better. Punk IPA down from 5.6 to 5.4%. Stella Artois has somehow went from 5.2 to 5.0 to 4.8 now 4.6% over the past few years. It'll be an alcohol free beer the way their going. Bud has also went from 5.0 to 4.6%. If I wanted a Bud Lite, it'd buy Bud Light.
    Spot on, I like punk ipa, not sure I drank it at the higher abv... Stella though, that was my drink of choice, really enjoyed the flavour... now its just a bit bland and mass produced flavour.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    Kate Garroway. Just talks over absolutely everyone. Asks a question, waits for the person to open their mouth...then shouts over them.
    Kay Burley. How she's made a career out of what she does is beyond belief.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Our wee Shih Tzu waking me up every night when she's dreaming. She sleeps at the bottom of our bed and makes a noise like a squeaky toy during her dreams. It's at least once per night and usually more often. We've spoiled her so she won't sleep elsewhere.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Everyone on the MB pointing out the lack of signings as if the professionals at the club sat on their thumbs all summer.

Quote Originally Posted by AFKA5814_Hibs View Post
    Iirc Stella reduced there's as there was some form of tax increase or import tax increase on %s above 5%.

Though I can find absolutely no evidence of that.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    Iirc Stella reduced there's as there was some form of tax increase or import tax increase on %s above 5%.

Though I can find absolutely no evidence of that.

That's how I remember it too. The drinking public does not like price increases

so the alcohol strength is reduced to keep the price the same and the health authorities are happy !

The constant Americanisation of the English language. Folk who persistently spell words like "organise", with a z; the overuse of the word "gotten", and the one that grinds my gears the most - missing the "of" when talking about "a couple of people, minutes or whatever! Nae need.

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pollution View Post
    That's how I remember it too. The drinking public does not like price increases

so the alcohol strength is reduced to keep the price the same and the health authorities are happy !
    I would imagine there could be quite an impact in their UK sales by reducing the strength. I assume it's still 5.2% in Europe if it's an import matter.

4.6% Stella doesn't taste anywhere near like what it did before. There are far better lagers around between 4.6-5.0%, I don't even consider it now when I'm shopping for beer.

Men who can't tie a tie properly.

A few guys I know are at a wedding today and have been tagged in photos on Instagram and not one of them has a tie that's even close to passable. Seriously how can you get to between 30 and 40 year old and not have any idea how to knot a tie?

Also people who share pictures from a wedding on Instagram whilst they are still there.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Men who can't tie a tie properly.

A few guys I know are at a wedding today and have been tagged in photos on Instagram and not one of them has a tie that's even close to passable. Seriously how can you get to between 30 and 40 year old and not have any idea how to knot a tie?

Also people who share pictures from a wedding on Instagram whilst they are still there.
    I'm 49. I've never had a job where I had to wear a tie. I've never had an interview where I had to wear a tie. I went to a school where I never had to wear a tie. I've been a 'participant' at 3 weddings (1 my own + 2 best man) where I never had to wear a tie (we had cravats...) I've been to several funerals where I have worn a tie - but who's that anal that they're checking knots?
    So to answer your question - easily.

I'll keep the pet peeve going by saying Instagram - look at me, look at how interesting my life is!!!
    Don't care.