hibs.net Messageboard

Page 309 of 427 FirstFirst ... 209259299307308309310311319359409 ... LastLast
Results 9,241 to 9,270 of 12805

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we’re talking Hibs.net peeves. The use of “this place is mental”, generally used when someone has a different opinion.
    For me it's "eye bleeding" by miles.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    I’d never seen that asked or answered til today.
    I think it first appeared about 8pm yesterday, and got a few answers, some jokes but a few real ones, on the thread about the capacity.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    People who ask simple questions on hibs.net which have already been asked by several others and answered multiple times.

What is in the pie pack is a recent example.
    What's a pie pack?

I'm not even joking. I've never heard of it, I assume it's some kind of meal deal thing?
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    What's a pie pack?

I'm not even joking. I've never heard of it, I assume it's some kind of meal deal thing?
    Some of us have a 6 pack.

Sadly, a lot more have a pie pack.

What's a pie pack?

Check out the threads on the main forum about tomorrow's game. If you want food or drink then you can pre order on the ticket site.

Save you looking.

https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?352951-Food-kiosks-for-Santa-Coloma&p=6625885#post6625885

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Some of us have a 6 pack.

Sadly, a lot more have a pie pack.
    My 6 pack is also long gone, more like a cask now.

Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    What is in it?
    Not telling 😉

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    People who walk into a shop, takeaway or office and then stand in the doorway to put a mask on. They go on outside.

********s.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    People who walk into a shop, takeaway or office and then stand in the doorway to put a mask on. They go on outside.

********s.
    Or people who walk into your takeaway and are told by you to wear a mask, they stumble over their words for a few seconds then say “I’m exempt”. and proceed to try to pull their shirt or sweater up to cover their face!

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Just returned home from Denmark today where masks are already a thing of the past. Lost count of the amount of times I had to return home or to the car to get a mask.

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    Socks - Done a bit of washing and tumble drying and found 24 individual socks. Where are the other socks? How can we (I, my wife and 2 kids) have 24 different socks that have no pair?

Quote Originally Posted by AFKA5814_Hibs View Post
    Socks - Done a bit of washing and tumble drying and found 24 individual socks. Where are the other socks? How can we (I, my wife and 2 kids) have 24 different socks that have no pair?
    Have you tried here? 😉

https://www.10best.com/destinations/uk-scotland/edinburgh/edinburgh/restaurants/lost-sock-diner/amp/

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AFKA5814_Hibs View Post
    Every couple of years I buy 15 or so pairs of identical black socks (often packs of 3-5 pairs). At the same time I throw out my old ones. I don't even tidy them in pairs and if I lose one it doesn't matter - I don't even notice. If one develops a hole I just chuck it.

I do the same thing with mini-sock things that I wear with trainers/shorts.

It makes life so much easier.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Every couple of years I buy 15 or so pairs of identical black socks (often packs of 3-5 pairs). At the same time I throw out my old ones. I don't even tidy them in pairs and if I lose one it doesn't matter - I don't even notice. If one develops a hole I just chuck it.

I do the same thing with mini-sock things that I wear with trainers/shorts.

It makes life so much easier.
    Yup. There is a few things like that in life that can make every day things so much easier…the YouTube generation might call them life hacks.

But I’m 100% with you on the sock front. You can do more than black of course but simply just throw every pair of old ones out and replace with brand new ones that are all the same as each other. Personally I’m more of a blue sock man than black but have 10 pairs of blue, 5 of black and 5 of a kind of green / brown. I have a specific brand that I have alighted upon and every 2 years or so simply buy 20 pairs of them.

The joy of new socks is one to behold as is the fact that really you never end up with the odd sock issue (that said by the end of two years one or two do seem to go missing somehow so I ended up with 4.5 pairs of black )

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Re this sock chat, I can honestly say the only time I've lost a sock is when my wife did a wash, once.
    My solution was to do my own laundry, have done for 20+ years and never lost a sock, but I think I lost the battle 😉

Handball goalkeepers.

Do they actually ever make a save?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudSquall View Post
    Handball goalkeepers.

Are they only allowed to save with their feet?

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudSquall View Post
    Handball goalkeepers.

It would seem so!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ccc0e__dmMg

Peter Schmeichel played a bit of handball as a youth. You can see it in the way he played football.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

When a company makes changes to a product that influence the quality negatively then denies they have done so.

I've sold Samsung microwaves through my work for years. I pushed these more than any other comparable product because they were so reliable, were a recognised brand and had a 3 year full warranty and the required after sales was minimal. A few months ago the warranty was cut to 1 year parts only which set a few alarm bells ringing right away. At the last count I have had 4 machines reported as being delivered with a door seal missing, 2 that have shown an electrical error message after 1st use and another 3 that have just been completely unresponsive before even being used.

All the warranties are directly with Samsung but I have to act as the middle man. They don't care and won't do anything beyond the bare minimum, what's a few microwaves to a billion dollar business? The peeve is the fact their rep on the ground insists the machines are the same build quality as 12 months ago which is just a blatant lie. I've gone from maybe 1 problem in every 25 sales to literally every microwave having some issue or other, they have cut the warranty significantly yet I'm expected to believe there has been no compromise on quality?

When a company makes changes to a product that influence the quality negatively then denies they have done so.

I've sold Samsung microwaves through my work for years. I pushed these more than any other comparable product because they were so reliable, were a recognised brand and had a 3 year full warranty and the required after sales was minimal. A few months ago the warranty was cut to 1 year parts only which set a few alarm bells ringing right away. At the last count I have had 4 machines reported as being delivered with a door seal missing, 2 that have shown an electrical error message after 1st use and another 3 that have just been completely unresponsive before even being used.

All the warranties are directly with Samsung but I have to act as the middle man. They don't care and won't do anything beyond the bare minimum, what's a few microwaves to a billion dollar business? The peeve is the fact their rep on the ground insists the machines are the same build quality as 12 months ago which is just a blatant lie. I've gone from maybe 1 problem in every 25 sales to literally every microwave having some issue or other, they have cut the warranty significantly yet I'm expected to believe there has been no compromise on quality?
    Something about this rings a bell. 😉

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Something about this rings a bell. 😉
    The original pingdemic 😁

Left by mutual consent!
    Just noticed a level results are due soon so I'll get my peeve in now.
    EVERY news channel sending a crew to some school to film a pupil recommended by the head teacher as he/she is a shoe in to get good marks. Its never some thick wide boy who fails everything!
    Show some originality FFS

I realise this will have been coverd numerous times, but, DELIVERY DRIVERS!!!!

Specifically DPD who couldn't organise delivery of a bee sting in a beehive!!

Delivery due between 4:20 and 5:20, a good window to keep an eye out for him. 4:32 message saying he tried to deliver but you were not in. We will try again on Monday. Kindly included a photograph of the house he tried to deliver it to. Guess what, not mine, but directly across the road. Had he turned 180 degrees he would have seen the sign with the name of the property.

DPD website has various contact options.

Phone - automated message telling you they tried to deliver but you weren't in

Live chat - wait in a queue

gave up and instead gave VERY precise details as to where I wanted it delivered on Monday.

Annoyed, as it is IKEA furniture that could have been asembled over the weekend in the thunderstorms we are due to get.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Annoyed, as it is IKEA furniture that could have been asembled over the weekend in the thunderstorms we are due to get.
    Jeez, you must be IKEA expert level 3, I struggle to put the things together in the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    Jeez, you must be IKEA expert level 3, I struggle to put the things together in the house.
    🙄 Fell for it!

This annoys me a lot more than it should.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post

This annoys me a lot more than it should.
    Yep, past it's sell by date a few years back. Just silly now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    I realise this will have been coverd numerous times, but, DELIVERY DRIVERS!!!!

Specifically DPD who couldn't organise delivery of a bee sting in a beehive!!

Delivery due between 4:20 and 5:20, a good window to keep an eye out for him. 4:32 message saying he tried to deliver but you were not in. We will try again on Monday. Kindly included a photograph of the house he tried to deliver it to. Guess what, not mine, but directly across the road. Had he turned 180 degrees he would have seen the sign with the name of the property.

DPD website has various contact options.

Phone - automated message telling you they tried to deliver but you weren't in

Live chat - wait in a queue

gave up and instead gave VERY precise details as to where I wanted it delivered on Monday.

On the subject of delivery drivers, Hermes delivery drivers. When I order trainers I pray its not Hermes that are delivering them because 9 times out of 10 the box is smashed to buggery and a few times said trainers are damaged and need returned for an exchange.

The message when the parcel is delivered should read your Hermes delivery driver has just volleyed your parcel to your door from 3 miles away.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.