hibs.net Messageboard

Page 286 of 427 FirstFirst ... 186236276284285286287288296336386 ... LastLast
Results 8,551 to 8,580 of 12806

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How do you pronounce Paris? 😉
    That's another one people pronounce wrong, usually french people.
    Mon the Hibs.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    That's another one people pronounce wrong, usually french people.
    😁

Quote Originally Posted by WoreTheGreen View Post
    How fitba commentators have started to use the word “delicious “ at every opportunity
    Well they've done the word "brilliant" to death.

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    On the name front, it was a pain in the backside when giving my ex-wife’s maiden name of Rhodes. Even where you spelled it out and suffixed it with “like the Greek island” it would inevitably appear as Rose or Ross or, even worse, Roads.

Edit: and currently it is a pain in the backside when giving my girlfriend’s first name of Paula. She’s about to complete on the sale of her flat and she pointed out to the solicitor that all the documentation has her down as Paul.

And that’s without mentioning my first name which is one where there are a few different spelling variations out there.

My wife used to have similar problems before we got married. Her maiden name is Pannasch (which is German), but everybody used to spell it like the French word Panache.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    The tedious “welcome back” type posts. Think some posters genuinely enjoy the petty arguments and oneupmanship. Otherwise they’d simply put the “usual suspects” on ignore.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    The tedious “welcome back” type posts. Think some posters genuinely enjoy the petty arguments and oneupmanship. Otherwise they’d simply put the “usual suspects” on ignore.
    Is it any more tedious than those who contribute nothing to the forums during "normal" times (and there's some great chat) , then appear like clockwork whenever there's something to moan about?

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Is it any more tedious than those who contribute nothing to the forums during "normal" times (and there's some great chat) , then appear like clockwork whenever there's something to moan about?
    Probably as tedious IMO. The ignore function is under used IMO.

I have 4 on ignore, 3 of them still quote me in posts but I only see that when I'm on my mobile, even though I never reply to them you'd think they'd realise by know.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    I have 4 on ignore, 3 of them still quote me in posts but I only see that when I'm on my mobile, even though I never reply to them you'd think they'd realise by know.
    The ignore function is a great tool... I used to get 'over angry' (If that's the correct phrase ) at what I took to be trolling.

I take a little pride in the fact that only one of my ignoree's haven't been mutually consented (yet!)

The hardest part is having the discipline to not peek... and getting back on thread, that's my pet peeve

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar

I got that yesterday because I posted my opinion.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post

TBF you are a grumpy *******

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Can you not go out of your way just once to praise the team if we win? I'm as frustrated as anyone by the inconsistency and style of play but I do try to give credit where it's due.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    TBF you are a grumpy *******

Now I know I'm not one of your ignored 4

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Can you not go out of your way just once to praise the team if we win? I'm as frustrated as anyone by the inconsistency and style of play but I do try to give credit where it's due.

I do and have done in the past but people aren't usually looking for posts from me that are praising the team so they tend to get missed.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    I do and have done in the past but people aren't usually looking for posts from me that are praising the team so they tend to get missed.
    Good, I'll look out for the next one, hopefully on Saturday 😀

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Pizza delivery companies like Dominos and Piza Hut. £30-40 for two pizzas (and even the "two for Tuesday is expensive for what you get), takes an hour to arrive and they're almost always disappointing and more crust than topping.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Pizza delivery companies like Dominos and Piza Hut. £30-40 for two pizzas (and even the "two for Tuesday is expensive for what you get), takes an hour to arrive and they're almost always disappointing and more crust than topping.
    I don't think you're ordering right.

2 large pizzas and 2 sides for £25 is a permanent dominos deal, enough for a gluttonous dinner and leftovers for brunch the next day for 2.
    Mon the Hibs.

Women that start talking on the phone and don't seem to know how to hang up.

My Missus is talking to her mate right now and they both said 'cheerio' about half an hour ago... still talking though.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Women that start talking on the phone and don't seem to know how to hang up.

My Missus is talking to her mate right now and they both said 'cheerio' about half an hour ago... still talking though.
    On a similar note, people that need to say bye about 10 times in a row before they hang up, wtf?

I don't think you're ordering right.

2 large pizzas and 2 sides for £25 is a permanent dominos deal, enough for a gluttonous dinner and leftovers for brunch the next day for 2.
    Still way over the odds IMO. I managed a store next door to a Dominos for a while, and I often traded my generous staff discount for the free pizza one of their staff would get for their lunch if they wanted. They cost a minute amount to make and have an absolutely massive margin on them.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Still way over the odds IMO. I managed a store next door to a Dominos for a while, and I often traded my generous staff discount for the free pizza one of their staff would get for their lunch if they wanted. They cost a minute amount to make and have an absolutely massive margin on them.
    I worked for Papa John's doing deliveries a few years back now. Back then staff got pizzas at then end of a shift at cost price. A medium was £2 and a large £3.20. At the time a large pizza would set a customer back £17.99!

The margin is mental.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I worked for Papa John's doing deliveries a few years back now. Back then staff got pizzas at then end of a shift at cost price. A medium was £2 and a large £3.20. At the time a large pizza would set a customer back £17.99!

The margin is mental.
    I may be wrong, but I think that Dominos at that time were less than that. I actually like making my own now, you can freeze the dough quite easily so usually make enough for 4-6 bases and freeze them individually so we can defrost them and make them as is. I begrudge the cost more than ever now.

There's loads of other costs to be covered beyond the raw ingredients though. Of course they still make a profit afterwards but that's business, at the end of the day they kneed to make dough.

Once you break down the deals they have it's maybe £9/10 you'd apportion to the large pizza. They're worth the money IMO for convenience and quality.

But then again, I can't quite get my pizza stone working right which may be a factor here.
    Mon the Hibs.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    I may be wrong, but I think that Dominos at that time were less than that. I actually like making my own now, you can freeze the dough quite easily so usually make enough for 4-6 bases and freeze them individually so we can defrost them and make them as is. I begrudge the cost more than ever now.
    One thing about Brittany is that we don't get robbed buying pizzas.

Domino's are between 9-11€ (with some simple cheaper ones for 6€).

https://www.dominos.fr/la-carte/nos-pizzas

And at my local kebab shop, all pizzas are 9€ and are pretty good.

I don't grudge these prices at all.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    No one ever pays full price for a Dominos pizza!

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    On a similar note, people that need to say bye about 10 times in a row before they hang up, wtf?

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    It’s absolutely ridiculous. I used to be a baker and we often made pizzas for our lunch. The dough costs very little and the toppings are the same. The mark up must be enormous.

edit
    ive just seen pb’s post. That’s unbelievable how they get away with it. Are they any better than the ones you get from a chippy?

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    It’s absolutely ridiculous. I used to be a baker and we often made pizzas for our lunch. The dough costs very little and the toppings are the same. The mark up must be enormous.

edit
    ive just seen pb’s post. That’s unbelievable how they get away with it. Are they any better than the ones you get from a chippy?
    I'm cautious of embarking upon a one man crusade to defend/promote dominoes here...

Realistically no-one pays full price for a pizza, if they do then that's on them. They'll usually get about £10 for a large pizza when it's part of a deal, the raw ingredients being £3 feels about right at that point.

Generally, they're better I would say. Probably get the odd exception to that rule here or there though.

Personally I'd rather have the £10 M&S pizza deal as it strikes a good balance of price and quality, but if I want more indulgence and less effort then dominoes (or PH, PJ, or LaFav) provides that.
    Mon the Hibs.

I'm cautious of embarking upon a one man crusade to defend/promote dominoes here...

Realistically no-one pays full price for a pizza, if they do then that's on them. They'll usually get about £10 for a large pizza when it's part of a deal, the raw ingredients being £3 feels about right at that point.

Generally, they're better I would say. Probably get the odd exception to that rule here or there though.

Personally I'd rather have the £10 M&S pizza deal as it strikes a good balance of price and quality, but if I want more indulgence and less effort then dominoes (or PH, PJ, or LaFav) provides that.
    TBH, I'd be amazed if the raw ingredients in the scale they purchase them would be anywhere close to £3.

We have a bakery in Dundee that also has a pizza oven and they do really good 12" pizzas for around £7 or so. They clearly are able to make money on them at that price, even though they won't have the same economies of scale when it comes to costing.

TBH, I'd be amazed if the raw ingredients in the scale they purchase them would be anywhere close to £3.

We have a bakery in Dundee that also has a pizza oven and they do really good 12" pizzas for around £7 or so. They clearly are able to make money on them at that price, even though they won't have the same economies of scale when it comes to costing.
    You could be right, I just used £3 because it was used previously.
    Mon the Hibs.