hibs.net Messageboard

Page 279 of 279 FirstFirst ... 179229269277278279
Results 8,341 to 8,350 of 8350

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

@hibs.net private member Alfiembra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agree! In fact Britain must be the politest nation on Earth when it comes to queueing.
    Except in a busy pub, how many times have you stood at the bar waiting your turn to be served when someone barges to the front and shouts their order over everyone else?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfiembra View Post
    Except in a busy pub, how many times have you stood at the bar waiting your turn to be served when someone barges to the front and shouts their order over everyone else?
    Thatís down to the bar staff IMO. Iíve worked in busy pubs and found it pretty easy to keep tabs on who was coming and going even when itís 2/3 deep.

I try to be as open and relaxed as possible about cultural differenced when I am abroad but the queue jumping is something that without fail sends my blood pressure to Pluto, itīs almost ingrained in my DNA.

My Argentine girlfriend said that the social distancing requirements in supermarkets has actually introduced the queuing system here, thereīs an upside to the pandemic after all

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hibby View Post
    Agree! In fact Britain must be the politest nation on Earth when it comes to queueing.
    Polite is a concept that varies from region to region. There is no global definition as to what polite actually means.

Pun Lovin' Criminal Northernhibee's Avatar
    People who walk about in public having a mobile phone conversation on speakerphone.

Youíre not a contestant on the Apprentice.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    People who walk about in public having a mobile phone conversation on speakerphone.

Aye, pricks.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post

People who stop and stand in the street on the mobile phone. It's a mobile, the clue is in the name.
    WASH YOUR HANDS, WEAR A MASK, KEEP 2M APART AND GET THE VACCINE

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    People (partners) who donít put the rack in the slots in the oven but rather lay them on top of the slot brackets so when you pull the rack out slightly it tips over and the food spills in the oven.

Guess who is now raiding the freezer for something for dinner just as the planned dinner was ready.

Edit: People who use the microwave the day before and have liquid spill over onto the microwave plate but neglect to clean it.

Someone really isnít in my good books right now.
    Last edited by overdrive; 14-01-2021 at 07:58 PM.

Laurence Fox.

Not someone I ever paid much attention to before but he appears to be one of those people who is setting out to be deliberately provocative and offensive.

I read him described on Twitter as an 'M&S Tommy Robinson' and that seems pretty apt.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Folk who drink Cristal from the bottle with a straw. Have only just realised how much this annoys me after posting in the other thread. Does my head right in