hibs.net Messageboard

Page 277 of 428 FirstFirst ... 177227267275276277278279287327377 ... LastLast
Results 8,281 to 8,310 of 12833

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    I go walking quite a bit at a well known reservoir near Edinburgh, I do the loop then go home and I cant be arsed when folk try and talk to you when you're out, usually dug walkers or effing ramblers. I just want to walk round it, get my exercise done and go home, I don't want to talk to anyone in the process.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Grumpy bassas who don't even give a nod never mind a good morning when I'm out walking my dog.

I agree with both the above posts.

I hate when I say morning or whatever to someone and they blank me. Equally though I can't be bothered when someone wants to give me their life story when I'm out walking. I go into the hills to get a bit of peace and quiet. I'll be polite but I don't want to hear how old your dog is, where you come from, where you started that day, how many Munros you have climbed, where you walked last weekend, where you plan to stop for lunch.

'Morning'
    'Morning'
    'nice day for it'
    'makes it worth it when you get the views'
    'enjoy your day'
    'you too'

Perfectly sufficient.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree with both the above posts.

I hate when I say morning or whatever to someone and they blank me. Equally though I can't be bothered when someone wants to give me their life story when I'm out walking. I go into the hills to get a bit of peace and quiet. I'll be polite but I don't want to hear how old your dog is, where you come from, where you started that day, how many Munros you have climbed, where you walked last weekend, where you plan to stop for lunch.

'Morning'
    'Morning'
    'nice day for it'
    'makes it worth it when you get the views'
    'enjoy your day'
    'you too'

Perfectly sufficient.
    Absolutely.

I made the mistake of chatting to a strange looking guy a few weeks ago who was bird watching (nothing strange about bird watching of course!!). 2 minutes of small talk and me trying to get away and he was on to scamdemics and anti-vax guff. I should really know better at my age than to tell a total stranger to their face that they're an f****** idiot but it just had to be done.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Absolutely.

I made the mistake of chatting to a strange looking guy a few weeks ago who was bird watching (nothing strange about bird watching of course!!). 2 minutes of small talk and me trying to get away and he was on to scamdemics and anti-vax guff. I should really know better at my age than to tell a total stranger to their face that they're an f****** idiot but it just had to be done.
    I just ignore people who start uttering absolute guff now. I'm sure some of them only want the attention. The incomprehension on their faces and following seethe makes it all worthwhile.

Susan Calman, quite simply awful.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    I go walking quite a bit at a well known reservoir near Edinburgh, I do the loop then go home and I cant be arsed when folk try and talk to you when you're out, usually dug walkers or effing ramblers. I just want to walk round it, get my exercise done and go home, I don't want to talk to anyone in the process.

I'm crying laughing at this ya grump! I'm sure it's your wide smile and welcoming look that attracts them to chat.

Quote Originally Posted by J.S View Post

I'm crying laughing at this ya grump! I'm sure it's your wide smile and welcoming look that attracts them to chat.

Hood up, heed down and swagger, usually put them off trying to converse with me, most even move out the way too

@hibs.net private member

Hood up, heed down and swagger, usually put them off trying to converse with me, most even move out the way too

bloody do gooders trying to chat and be pleasant

bloody do gooders trying to chat and be pleasant

Its never good looking single women that try and stop me either (maybe now I know why), mainly old folk that look like they want to offer me a pan drop or something.

@hibs.net private member

Its never good looking single women that try and stop me either (maybe now I know why), mainly old folk that look like they want to offer me a pan drop or something.
    Dont dis the pandrops! Try smiling you might find the good looking ones speak. Us oldies cant see if your smiling or not and dont care anyway. You'll talk whether you like it or not

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Just when you think we have suffered enough in 2020 along come the BBC

Dont dis the pandrops! Try smiling you might find the good looking ones speak. Us oldies cant see if your smiling or not and dont care anyway. You'll talk whether you like it or not

I've heard you oldies have ways of making us talk.

She's turned the programme on BBC1 into a cringefest so far.

@hibs.net private member
    I've heard you oldies have ways of making us talk.
    brave talk

fireworks.

self indulgent pish. piss everyone off except the selfish prick letting them off.

terrify the dog and cat.

not a single positive about them. should be banned. I utterly despise them

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Jimmy View Post
    fireworks.

self indulgent pish. piss everyone off except the selfish prick letting them off.

terrify the dog and cat.

There's a boy in my street who loves a firework. He's a ****ing arse of a man, we have a WhatsApp group for a few folk in the street and some of the stuff he posts in it needs to be seen to be believed.

Anyway he had fireworks last new year, fireworks at Easter, fireworks on 5th November, fireworks for VE Day, fireworks at Christmas etc etc He was also one of those people who completely ruined the clap for carers things by making it all about them. Everyone else was out clapping, he appeared with a cow bell then the next week he decided to..... Set off some fireworks. That became a weekly ritual.

I wouldn't even mind if it was spontaneous but he obviously plans it meticulously. When Scotland beat Serbia no sooner had Marshall saved the penalty than a load of fireworks went off from his garden. There is a happy ending though. He is inevitably a Hearts fan. During the cup final at every Hearts goal a firework went off. Shortly after the end of the penalties the guy 2 doors down from him, a big Hibby, let off a couple of fireworks. That led to an epic meltdown in the WhatsApp group and he left it and he hasn't spoken to 2 or 3 of us since as he thinks we were all in on it.

There's a boy in my street who loves a firework. He's a ****ing arse of a man, we have a WhatsApp group for a few folk in the street and some of the stuff he posts in it needs to be seen to be believed.

Anyway he had fireworks last new year, fireworks at Easter, fireworks on 5th November, fireworks for VE Day, fireworks at Christmas etc etc He was also one of those people who completely ruined the clap for carers things by making it all about them. Everyone else was out clapping, he appeared with a cow bell then the next week he decided to..... Set off some fireworks. That became a weekly ritual.

I wouldn't even mind if it was spontaneous but he obviously plans it meticulously. When Scotland beat Serbia no sooner had Marshall saved the penalty than a load of fireworks went off from his garden. There is a happy ending though. He is inevitably a Hearts fan. During the cup final at every Hearts goal a firework went off. Shortly after the end of the penalties the guy 2 doors down from him, a big Hibby, let off a couple of fireworks. That led to an epic meltdown in the WhatsApp group and he left it and he hasn't spoken to 2 or 3 of us since as he thinks we were all in on it.

That is brilliant
    Last edited by McD; 01-01-2021 at 10:20 AM.

fireworks.

terrify the dog and cat.

totally agree, used to be only on guy fawkes night, now it seems to be any old excuse. Even doing it for the bells has been spoiled by the folk who are letting them off from 11pm going on til 1am, and always the ones that make the most racket, ********s

My wife doesn't believe me that I could identify a jambo within 5 mins of talking to them with a 95% success rate, but the behaviour in this story supports my theory.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    fireworks.

terrify the dog and cat.

Our wee dog hates them, and they also do my nut in. Then there's the news EVERY new year, showing fireworks being set off in cities around the world. We know by now what a fireworks display looks like...
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar

That's brilliant!

I enjoy fireworks. I enjoyed watching the display from Stirling on the TV last night, the ones in my street, and the ones in London I googled this morning.

The one I've just heard go off around 1:10 has me stumped though but each to their own.
    Mon the Hibs.

This is probably the best post I've read on this website.

Left by mutual consent!
    ME! I'm pissing myself off because after a lifetime of union membership, fighting for workers rights and being active politically I can't switch off even though I've emigrated to a chilled retirement on the beach in thirty odd degree temperatures.
    I want to smash the tv when I see that ******* Johnson or any of his sycophantic self serving cabinet.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar

What a loon, and yes, he would be a Jambo.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar

Sounds like a bit of a erm.........character.

classic!

😁

First Team Regular StevesFamau5's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ImFamau5nStuff

Amazing! Made my day that did.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

😂😂😂. That's an absolute belter.