hibs.net Messageboard

Page 269 of 428 FirstFirst ... 169219259267268269270271279319369 ... LastLast
Results 8,041 to 8,070 of 12832

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People on The Chase who ignore the obvious answer of the 3 and choose the stupidest one, or when they overthink the answer. Don't get me started when they pick the minus offer.
    People on Tipping Point who don’t go for three counter questions.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Ben Shepherd speaking so fast during Tipping Point you can hardly follow what he's saying.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    People on Tipping Point who don’t go for three counter questions.
    Yep.

“Oh I don’t know anything about Geography so I’ll go for one counter”

If it’s going to be a guess...go for 3, just as likely to get it right.

@hibs.net private member EH6 Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanut Shaz View Post
    Ben Shepherd speaking so fast during Tipping Point you can hardly follow what he's saying.
    Ben Shepherd insisting on going back to complete the questions if the contestant answers before he finishes. No one cares by that point. It does my head in.

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Ben Shephard and his ridiculous buzz words/sayings on tipping point.
    "Slider", "Rider", oooooh, a bit of "lateral" there!
    I know his job is to spice up this dull game, but c'mon!

It seems there are many of us that find something irritating about Tipping Pount but we all continue to watch it 😁

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    It seems there are many of us that find something irritating about Tipping Pount but we all continue to watch it 😁
    I only watch it for nostalgic reasons.
    Chuckling away as George from Bedworth loads up drop zone 3 and then Margaret from Birtley swoops in and scores the lot,,,, reminds me of my days hawking about Nobles amusements!

That, and the fact I seem to be in the house more often than not these days!

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EH6 Hibby View Post
    Ben Shepherd insisting on going back to complete the questions if the contestant answers before he finishes. No one cares by that point. It does my head in.
    absolutely!

Agree with most of the tipping point peeves, although I've watched it religiously every lunch time since lockdown.

Mine is when people don't just try to go for the mystery prizes when they're clearly not going to progress further. Come on Sandra you need 22 counters, just bag yourself a weekend away in a luxury tree house and be done with it.
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member
    People from eg Birmingham winning a hotel stay in Aberdeenshire, or vice versa.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by pollution View Post
    People from eg Birmingham winning a hotel stay in Aberdeenshire, or vice versa.
    That's a great thing to have a peeve about - I'd never even thought about it but now I'm on board!!
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

There will come a time when these minor irritations become too much for us to continue to watch and we'll have reached our...nope, not sure what I was going to say there.

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    I have heated up a couple of things recently and when I've went to peel the plastic from the top only the plastic round the edges has come off the container, leaving me with a perfectly vacuum sealed bit of plastic still on my food container that I have to cut round to remove

Back to scratch made meals for me

Folk at self service tills who scan all their shopping through, then pay, and THEN want to put it into bags!

just put it into bags as you scan FFS!!!

Security guards not doing their jobs properly.

I have removed two security tags recently for friends who have purchased clothing items, set the alarm off as they left and been waved on by the security guard who on each occasion told them it’s okay the alarm is just a sticker on the cardboard label. When they got home they realised there was a hard plastic security tag attached to their garments. Not a problem as my previous years spent in Security meant I know how to remove most of them in seconds but bloody annoying if you can’t and have to return. Both times it was Sainsbury’s

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    Folk at self service tills who scan all their shopping through, then pay, and THEN want to put it into bags!

I'm surprised it has taken this long for this to be mentioned.

Utterly despicable behaviour.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Must admit I’ve never seen this myself but it would really rip my knitting too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    I have heated up a couple of things recently and when I've went to peel the plastic from the top only the plastic round the edges has come off the container, leaving me with a perfectly vacuum sealed bit of plastic still on my food container that I have to cut round to remove

Back to scratch made meals for me
    On a similar note, when you go to open a milk bottle and the wee plastic tag breaks off leaving the milk bottle still sealed and you spend the next 30 seconds using your finger nail to try and open it up.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I'm surprised it has taken this long for this to be mentioned.

Utterly despicable behaviour.
    and similar to those that go to a cashline print off a balance then put the card back in to get cash out. Sometimes a 2nd card comes out.

It should be 1 transaction then get back in the queue.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar

That gets right on my tits as well. You tend to see it in the metro stores. Said prick turns up at the checkout with his basket and a rucksack, he then scans everything through and drops the shoulder to reveal his bag which he then takes an eternity to load up. Shooting is too good for these people.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    That gets right on my tits as well. You tend to see it in the metro stores. Said prick turns up at the checkout with his basket and a rucksack, he then scans everything through and drops the shoulder to reveal his bag which he then takes an eternity to load up. Shooting is too good for these people.
    I have some sympathy for this scenario, you ever try putting your own bag on the scales and hitting, "I'm using my own bag" takes an age to get it working.

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    I have some sympathy for this scenario, you ever try putting your own bag on the scales and hitting, "I'm using my own bag" takes an age to get it working.
    Agree completely which then just holds you up anyway, I always scan then bag for this reason. I only ever use self scan for a few items so the time I spend there scanning then bagging is minimal.

Does the rucksack not trigger the unexpected item in bagging area message if he loads it up? I just hate self service checkouts and don't use them.

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    People without an exemption still not wearing masks in shops.Time for mask marshalls to be appointed.

Pumpkins and trick or treating. When I was young carving an old turnip was a test of both physical strength and character and then we went guising.

See also the growing minority of people with no American roots wishing people happy thanksgiving.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    I tend to use the scan and go when I’m doing the shopping, it’s so much easier packing your bags as you shop.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Pumpkins and trick or treating. When I was young carving an old turnip was a test of both physical strength and character and then we went guising.

See also the growing minority of people with no American roots wishing people happy thanksgiving.
    Carving a turnip without ending up in A+E was a right of passage. A trail of bent kitchen utensils and plasters was worth it to have that finished lantern.

United we stand here....

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Carving a turnip without ending up in A+E was a right of passage. A trail of bent kitchen utensils and plasters was worth it to have that finished lantern.
    Last year (maybe the year before) i couldn’t get pumpkins in Tesco, so picked up some turnips instead, as that’s what i had when i was wee.

My kids thought i was at it, i got called all sorts for buying them instead of pumpkins.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    The volvo advert with the 'every morning at half past 4' song

Following on from the Halloween theme, whatever happened to bonfire night? When I was young the week leading up to bonfire night was spent with a piece of waste ground being used as a temporary site to build a huge pile of flammable furniture that was no longer required in people’s houses, we would pass every day and watch the pile get bigger and bigger ready for the big day. The day itself was a massive community event with everyone gathering round the bonfire with sparklers and some fireworks. These events passed of with minimal casualties and a great night was had by all. Now you have organised displays and the firefighters putting out fires all over the place. Get back to the old way of doing things, ffs some people don’t even call it bonfire night anymore.

United we stand here....

Following on from the Halloween theme, whatever happened to bonfire night? When I was young the week leading up to bonfire night was spent with a piece of waste ground being used as a temporary site to build a huge pile of flammable furniture that was no longer required in people’s houses, we would pass every day and watch the pile get bigger and bigger ready for the big day. The day itself was a massive community event with everyone gathering round the bonfire with sparklers and some fireworks. These events passed of with minimal casualties and a great night was had by all. Now you have organised displays and the firefighters putting out fires all over the place. Get back to the old way of doing things, ffs some people don’t even call it bonfire night anymore.
    I can't speak for elsewhere but when I was growing up it was a minority that spoiled it for everyone.

You'd watch the bonfire pile growing, rival bonfires would nick things off other piles and early doors it was pretty family orientated with sparklers and so on. As the night progressed it was taken over by folk who were pished and they would start firing rockets across the road and aiming them at buses; one year someone got thrown on the fire when a fight broke out and was pretty seriously injured.

It ended up with an organised fireworks display being put together and the unofficial community bonfire disappeared.