hibs.net Messageboard

Page 268 of 428 FirstFirst ... 168218258266267268269270278318368 ... LastLast
Results 8,011 to 8,040 of 12825

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fraudsters, Covid seems to be a booming time for them, never had so many emails or calls, this morning "Amazon" called me to advise that my Prime subscription was expiring and to hit number 1 to speak to their retention team, I was bored and often like chatting to them and stringing them along, got through to a lovely Indian guy who knew my name but funnily enough hung up when I asked him if he thought I was stupid, ****ing chancers
    I miss being in the house all day and having time to wind them up.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Cyclists. In particular the ****ing rude ones. Out with the dog yesterday on a walking and cycling friendly path. Every time a bike comes toward us I get the dog to come to the side and sit and wait until the bikes are past. The ones who don't even acknowledge the fact we have moved out of their way get right on my tits. A simple thanks is all itvtajes Same with the ones who come up behind and have no bell and don't shout a warning. My dog usually warns me someone is coming but on the odd occasion that we miss them you would think it was entirely our fault that they have to slow down or stop.

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Cyclists. In particular the ****ing rude ones. Out with the dog yesterday on a walking and cycling friendly path. Every time a bike comes toward us I get the dog to come to the side and sit and wait until the bikes are past. The ones who don't even acknowledge the fact we have moved out of their way get right on my tits. A simple thanks is all itvtajes Same with the ones who come up behind and have no bell and don't shout a warning. My dog usually warns me someone is coming but on the odd occasion that we miss them you would think it was entirely our fault that they have to slow down or stop.
    I think you can extend that to rude people full stop. I was also out for a walk at the weekend and I lost count of the amount of people out for a walk/cycle/run that neither shared the path or thanked you, when like yourself, you made an obvious move to give room to others.

Folk are just ignorant!

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    I only thank people if they've made a significant effort to make my way easier. So on a single-track path, a dog owner who steps off the track and on to a grass verge to allow me to proceed warrants grateful thanks. On a double-track path a dog owner who merely confines himself to occupying half the width of the shared path doesn't warrant profuse thanks because that's just the minimum he/she should be doing anyway on a two-way shared path. Pet peeve: users of shared paths who temporarily confine themselves to taking up less than the full width of the path and say "You're welcome" as you pass them.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    TV series which advertise the fact that there will be another season before the current one has finished.

The tension and uncertainty just diminishes.

Killing Eve was a prime example.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

The Loyds Bank advert.

Who would ever have thought that you could slow down a Carpenters song.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    The EDF Energy ad. "Doing nothing is the something I do best". WTF???

Quote Originally Posted by Saturday Boy View Post
    The Loyds Bank advert.

Who would ever have thought that you could slow down a Carpenters song.
    in keeping - banks who pretend to care. we're all in it together and happy families. utter tosh.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Anyone that uses Twitter and uses "That's it. That's the tweet" should be banned for life.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    People trying to shoehorn religion into threads where it has no place.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    People trying to shoehorn religion into threads where it has no place.
    And independence, in fact even linking them together as,if one faith wants it and the other doesn't.

Oh and 'people' seemingly doing it over a number of threads.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Alf View Post
    And independence, in fact even linking them together as,if one faith wants it and the other doesn't.

Those with faith want independence, those who don't, have little faith.😉

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    People who ask for red onion in Subway.
    They dont offer any other onion so why not just ask for onion?
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    I just use whatever shampoo my girlfriend buys, but the stuff she buys the shampoo and conditioner both come in the same looking bottles, you cannae tell the difference unless you pick it up to read what it says on the front.

Why is it that 95% of the time I pick up the conditioner bottle when I'm trying to pick up the shampoo?

@hibs.net private member Craig_HFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    I just use whatever shampoo my girlfriend buys, but the stuff she buys the shampoo and conditioner both come in the same looking bottles, you cannae tell the difference unless you pick it up to read what it says on the front.

Why is it that 95% of the time I pick up the conditioner bottle when I'm trying to pick up the shampoo?
    Try picking up the conditioner bottle instead & you'll pick up the shampoo. Problem solved.

PERSEVERE
    Verb: pə:ːsɪ'ˈvɪə/
    To not give up.
    To go the distance.
    To stop at nothing.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig_HFC View Post
    Try picking up the conditioner bottle instead & you'll pick up the shampoo. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Alf View Post

People who (rightly) criticise westminster/boris/torys for something, but when the same happens with Nicola Sturgeon/SNP/ScotGov, they bend over backwards to not criticise and defend them.

I get partisanship, but it does none of us any good to not hold any politican/party/govt to the same standards, and makes people look foolish and less than principled because they don't hold them to the same standards.

People who pass on Mastermind. You know that passes are used as a tiebreaker to determine the winner so even if you don't know just give an answer, no matter how daft.

2 people scored 20 last night, one person lost because they had 2 passes and the other had none.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    People who pass on Mastermind. You know that passes are used as a tiebreaker to determine the winner so even if you don't know just give an answer, no matter how daft.

2 people scored 20 last night, one person lost because they had 2 passes and the other had none.
    I’ve noticed that as well, just have a prepared answer if you don’t know.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar

That guy came from last place, and was pretty surprised that he'd won.

Given that Monday night is geek night, I get p'd off at folk on Only Connect and University Challenge who say "pass" Victoria and Jeremy should dock points for that....

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post

Given that Monday night is geek night, I get p'd off at folk on Only Connect and University Challenge who say "pass" Victoria and Jeremy should dock points for that....
    Re University Challenge, the teams who have a lead, have got the starter right and then take as long as possible to delay answering the follow-up question in order to run down the clock. Half the time they know it and are just deliberately time-wasting.

It is the equivalent of taking the ball into the corner flag. Perfectly legal but it demoralises the spirit.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post

If im channel hopping and University Challenge or Only Connect is on then I have a rule with myself that I can't turn over until I get a question right, I've watched the whole show on numerous occasions

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    If im channel hopping and University Challenge or Only Connect is on then I have a rule with myself that I can't turn over until I get a question right, I've watched the whole show on numerous occasions
    Only Connect is the hardest, I can give myself a headache watching that.

United we stand here....

People who use "reply all" when it's not necessary.

People who copy in someone's supervisor / manager in an email with the sole goal of getting them in bother.

Women screaming "woooooooo" in any live recording on YouTube before the singer starts. No matter which song or performer, there is guaranteed to be a high pitched "woooooooo " intro.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudSquall View Post

People who copy in someone's supervisor / manager in an email with the sole goal of getting them in bother.

Women screaming "woooooooo" in any live recording on YouTube before the singer starts. No matter which song or performer, there is guaranteed to be a high pitched "woooooooo " intro.
    The email CC is a particular peeve of mine, I have challenged several people on it in the past to ask why the hell they are doing it. I often reply to the same group asking the originator why they thought it was plausible to add in someone else who didn’t need to be involved in the conversation.

My own peeve folk who listen to an idea, often in an office environment then communicate it to try and pass off as their own.
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 21-10-2020 at 06:50 AM.

First Team Regular StevesFamau5's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ImFamau5nStuff
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudSquall View Post

The second part especially really gets on my nerves. It was a weekly occurance for me for a few years back.

I worked for a large Edinburgh based property management company and when I started back in 2016 I was told that certain property managers were essentially untouchable. Any mistake made was to be someone else's responsibility and they were not to be called out for it. Needless to say I am not working there anymore.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by StevesFamau5 View Post
    The second part especially really gets on my nerves. It was a weekly occurance for me for a few years back.

I worked for a large Edinburgh based property management company and when I started back in 2016 I was told that certain property managers were essentially untouchable. Any mistake made was to be someone else's responsibility and they were not to be called out for it. Needless to say I am not working there anymore.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

I agree about the CC part. That said, I've seen it used with people who are notorious non-replyers to make sure they respond

@hibs.net private member EH6 Hibby's Avatar
    The Bluetooth in cars people use to make calls, why is it always so loud? I’m working from home and someone is down the street making a call in their car, the customer I’m speaking to can hear them, that’s through double glazing windows that are all closed.

YouTube videos of cats and dogs when it is plainly obvious that the animals are frightened and react in ways which may be amusing to us but not to them.

People on The Chase who ignore the obvious answer of the 3 and choose the stupidest one, or when they overthink the answer. Don't get me started when they pick the minus offer.