hibs.net Messageboard

Page 267 of 425 FirstFirst ... 167217257265266267268269277317367 ... LastLast
Results 7,981 to 8,010 of 12723

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

My lovely morning drive to work, and the drive home, being ruined by the overwhelming smell of pig **** invading my nostrils.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My lovely morning drive to work, and the drive home, being ruined by the overwhelming smell of pig **** invading my nostrils.

There's a separate Driving pet peeves thread
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Restaurants that fire out the food ridiculously quickly.

In a place in Windemere last night where they asked if we wanted a pre dinner drink whilst we decided what we wanted. Our gins came, we ordered the food and wine to have with the food and then the starters came out within 5 minutes. We were still on the gins so we drank them quickly to get onto the wine. Mains followed within 5 minutes of the starters being finished. The meal was over within 35 minutes. The place was quite nice as well.

The same thing happened to us recently in Edinburgh too.
    I hate that, it just makes me think it's pre-prepared and either microwaved or deep fat fried. I like a bit of time to sit, look forward to my food coming out, chat and enjoy life. My time at work is fast paced and busy, I like my down time to be more relaxed and easy to enjoy.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Going to the loo in the pub and spitting in the urinal.

Then realising you're still wearing your face mask :-(

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Just Alf; 26-09-2020 at 08:33 AM.

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    When you have a packet of wraps and you take them out the packet but they won't peel apart, you end up with 1 and a half combined and another totally ruined one

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Alf View Post

The realising you're still wearing your face mask :-(

Hahaha....I did that last week

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    When you have a packet of wraps and you take them out the packet but they won't peel apart, you end up with 1 and a half combined and another totally ruined one
    We're not talking recreational drugs here, are we?

Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    We're not talking recreational drugs here, are we?
    Unfortunately not haha

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Alf View Post

The realising you're still wearing your face mask :-(

I sneezed in mine. It's only at that point you realise just how much gunk a single sneeze jettisons into the air.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    I sneezed in mine. It's only at that point you realise just how much gunk a single sneeze jettisons into the air.
    Urgh!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    Had that last weekend, every single one was ruined. I was not impressed - good peeve.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

People on Twitter posting videos and photos of crowds at the top of Snowdon complaining about it. You are quite literally a part of that crowd you moron.

Additional seethe when they go on to state 'there are sooooo many quieter places you could go'. Well why didn't you go there if you hate the crowds so much you attention seeking bellend?

I like the solitude when I am out in the hills. If I choose to go up Ben Nevis on a Saturday in summer then I know I'm not going to get that.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

The divisive nature of everything these days, everything is polarised, as soon as people disagree on one thing then they seem to be at odds with each other on everything. There's a whole load of people now who can't or won't see the nuance in arguments or points.

People that ignore truth and evidence ("people have had enough of experts") and feel that because they're entitled to their opinion it doesn't matter that they're demonstrably wrong. Like they could decided 2+2 equals 5 and just because you don't like it doesn't mean they can't share it, and worse than those people, are the ones that pick that up and run with it and hound people who tell them they're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    The divisive nature of everything these days, everything is polarised, as soon as people disagree on one thing then they seem to be at odds with each other on everything. There's a whole load of people now who can't or won't see the nuance in arguments or points.

People that ignore truth and evidence ("people have had enough of experts") and feel that because they're entitled to their opinion it doesn't matter that they're demonstrably wrong. Like they could decided 2+2 equals 5 and just because you don't like it doesn't mean they can't share it, and worse than those people, are the ones that pick that up and run with it and hound people who tell them they're wrong.
    Things are a team sport these days, you back your team and the other is always always wrong, it's ****ing mental online

I think part of the problem with something like coronavirus I think it's all so new and there is still very little consensus among scientists. There are various theories and hypothesis about how it will play out. An expert can be found to fit a hell of a lot of viewpoints. The same can be said of Brexit, the other hot topic of the day. I've referenced it before but the scene in the Thick of It when a bollocking is issued for 'choosing the wrong expert' could have been written with the last couple of years in mind.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I think part of the problem with something like coronavirus I think it's all so new and there is still very little consensus among scientists. There are various theories and hypothesis about how it will play out. An expert can be found to fit a hell of a lot of viewpoints. The same can be said of Brexit, the other hot topic of the day. I've referenced it before but the scene in the Thick of It when a bollocking is issued for 'choosing the wrong expert' could have been written with the last couple of years in mind.
    Yep, and there are also a lot of experts used that are nothing of the sort.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    When someone takes the minus offer on The Chase

@hibs.net private member EH6 Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    I’ve said this numerous times. It completely ruins my day when it happens. That absolutely boot today near enough halved the pot and sailed through.

The smug arrogant attitude that antivaxxers/flat earthers/COVID conspiracy theorists have. You engage their ramblings with logic and common sense, and you get this eye rolling, smirking smugness in response, looking at you and acting like your just too thick to get their crap

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EH6 Hibby View Post
    I’ve said this numerous times. It completely ruins my day when it happens. That absolutely boot today near enough halved the pot and sailed through.
    I knew you’d be all over that one.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    The smug arrogant attitude that antivaxxers/flat earthers/COVID conspiracy theorists have. You engage their ramblings with logic and common sense, and you get this eye rolling, smirking smugness in response, looking at you and acting like your just too thick to get their crap
    Then they call you a sheep.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    Thee was one on the EEN post re high numbers of Covid, she was spouting off about conspiracy and Gov trying to control the people. I told her to go tell all the very ill Covid patients that it's fake and there's nothing wrong with them .

This gets on my threepennies too.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    A guy at work gets absolutely incensed at folk taking the middle offer. His reasoning is that you are so unlikely to actually win at all that you might as well go for the big bucks.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    A guy at work gets absolutely incensed at folk taking the middle offer. His reasoning is that you are so unlikely to actually win at all that you might as well go for the big bucks.
    To an extent. However if your last or second last and there is a huge pot and 2/3 players back it's more likely you get back going middle and a full or nearly full squad and more chance of winning.

I used to hate the show golden balls for simple fact it was pointless splitting the money. Kinda a flaw in the show for me (albeit funny when someone did actually steal all the money).

Like terrence Howard and his assertion that 1x1 =2!

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    People being labelled by their earnings. the minimum wage label is a common one, it does my head in 😡

These have probably been posted before, but it’s the football cliches. “First name on the team sheet “ and “pin that on the dressing room wall “

Surely the first name on the team sheet is the goalie? And having played football at a young age and crap level and knowing guys who have played league games, nobody has ever seen anything pinned on a dressing room wall.

Or am I just fatally literal 🤔

Websites that bombard you with ads and particularly those pop ups claiming they give a toss about your privacy.
    It seems to be worse on smartphones.

Fraudsters, Covid seems to be a booming time for them, never had so many emails or calls, this morning "Amazon" called me to advise that my Prime subscription was expiring and to hit number 1 to speak to their retention team, I was bored and often like chatting to them and stringing them along, got through to a lovely Indian guy who knew my name but funnily enough hung up when I asked him if he thought I was stupid, ****ing chancers