hibs.net Messageboard

Page 266 of 428 FirstFirst ... 166216256264265266267268276316366 ... LastLast
Results 7,951 to 7,980 of 12833

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudSquall View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People who refuse to move an inch in either direction when you are walking in opposite directions on a pavement and about to cross each other.

One person to the left, one to the right, it's not rocket science.

Instead of essentially turning sideways to avoid body contact I now tense up my arm for a nice elbow slam if I sense the prick thinks that the entire pavement is his/hers.
    Absolutely this and I'll expand it to people who just don't know how to be pedestrians! Don't suddenly stop in the middle of a busy street to answer your phone. Fill a space only if nobody else is going there first. Walk in a straight bloody line! Don't press the pedestrian crossing button if no traffic is coming, just cross then you won't hold up the traffic. Tourists will always be allowed a little leeway from my inner wrath, but locals?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    If one person goes left and the other goes right, they'll bump into each other no?
    😂

@hibs.net private member
    If one person goes left and the other goes right, they'll bump into each other no?

On this though I hate it when I apologise and move and the other person doesn’t acknowledge me when I’m actual fact I wasn’t at fault anyway.

A bar person putting ice in a drink without asking and then thinking that removing the ice is okay and still serving you the same drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    A bar person putting ice in a drink without asking and then thinking that removing the ice is okay and still serving you the same drink.

or asking if you want ice, when you say no thanks, but get a drink with ice anyway

Ordering a short at the bar and ending up with half a pint of coke with some vodka in it.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Ordering a short at the bar and ending up with half a pint of coke with some vodka in it.
    I'll second that. Probably started happening when bars started using "trendy" larger glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Agreed, bar staff seem to have forgotten that the mixer is an accompaniment to the spirit not the other way around. On a similar theme when I have selected a gin and the bar person puts post mix crap tonic into it rather than offering me a bottle. Have refused several gin and tonics because of this.

Maybe that's what's causing my problems

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Modren, just heard a presenter on tv say modren instead of modern. I hate that, also see libry, instead of library, febry or febury instead of February, plice instead of police and many others!! Do I just need to get out more?

@hibs.net private member
    Online menus with no prices !

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Restaurants that fire out the food ridiculously quickly.

In a place in Windemere last night where they asked if we wanted a pre dinner drink whilst we decided what we wanted. Our gins came, we ordered the food and wine to have with the food and then the starters came out within 5 minutes. We were still on the gins so we drank them quickly to get onto the wine. Mains followed within 5 minutes of the starters being finished. The meal was over within 35 minutes. The place was quite nice as well.

The same thing happened to us recently in Edinburgh too.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post

In a place in Windemere last night where they asked if we wanted a pre dinner drink whilst we decided what we wanted. Our gins came, we ordered the food and wine to have with the food and then the starters came out within 5 minutes. We were still on the gins so we drank them quickly to get onto the wine. Mains followed within 5 minutes of the starters being finished. The meal was over within 35 minutes. The place was quite nice as well.

That is a bit quick. It's the opposite for me though, I hate slow service. I won't go back.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post

Don't take my word for it but I understand restaurant food is cooked in a sous vide which keeps food in optimum condition so can be served quickly.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    Don't take my word for it but I understand restaurant food is cooked in a sous vide which keeps food in optimum condition so can be served quickly.
    Certainly not typical of most restaurants. Sous vide the modern word for cook “boil”” in the bag.

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Certainly not typical of most restaurants. Sous vide the modern word for cook “boil”” in the bag.
    Yeah, sous vide is a technique that might work at home depending on the dish but I struggle to see how you do it with a lot of covers in a short window.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

@hibs.net private member

Not sure about that.

In my experience sous vide was a rarity, some chefs decrying it is for cooks who can't cook !

Quote Originally Posted by pollution View Post
    Not sure about that.

In my experience sous vide was a rarity, some chefs decrying it is for cooks who can't cook !
    For all the people pointing this out, my thoughts came about from a crime novel with a 3 Michelin star restaurant where a sous vide was integral to the murder plot. I guess they are only used when disposal of a body is required. 😁

@hibs.net private member
    ... I understand restaurant food is cooked in a sous vide ...
    Sous vide the modern word for cook “boil”” in the bag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    Yeah, sous vide is a technique that might work at home depending on the dish ...
    Quote Originally Posted by pollution View Post
    In my experience sous vide was a rarity ...
    ... a crime novel with a 3 Michelin star restaurant where a sous vide was integral to the murder plot.
    Back on topic, people talking about something I've never heard of, as though it is something everyone should know about.

Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    Back on topic, people talking about something I've never heard of, as though it is something everyone should know about.
    I know, sorry. I remember someone talking about an asp when they were really meaning an A.S.P.* and I had visions of someone defending themselves with a venoumous snake (which isn't that bad an idea right enough)

*A.S.P. is a brand name for an extendable baton

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    A .net related peeve of mine. People pointing out what would in all likelihood have been 2 different people providing 2 different opinions, and claiming it as some sort of hibs.net hypocrisy as if .net was some homogeneous blob that should have a singular opinion.

I don't get it...
    Mon the Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    A .net related peeve of mine. People pointing out what would in all likelihood have been 2 different people providing 2 different opinions, and claiming it as some sort of hibs.net hypocrisy as if .net was some homogeneous blob that should have a singular opinion.

I don't get it...
    In all honesty mate, I'm getting a bit fed up with the board in general. I'm not a Pm atm so maybe that would be better but the main board is tragic at times.

It's just smart ***** who never post sniping. Whilst there's loads of excellent posters and posts, talking Hibs with some of those on the main board is just not fun. It's so reactionary. I don't really enjoy reading a lot of the stuff anymore. Maybe it's just me.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I know, sorry. I remember someone talking about an asp when they were really meaning an A.S.P.* and I had visions of someone defending themselves with a venoumous snake (which isn't that bad an idea right enough)

*A.S.P. is a brand name for an extendable baton
    Even Hitler feared the green mambas.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Just_Jimmy View Post
    In all honesty mate, I'm getting a bit fed up with the board in general. I'm not a Pm atm so maybe that would be better but the main board is tragic at times.

It's just smart ***** who never post sniping. Whilst there's loads of excellent posters and posts, talking Hibs with some of those on the main board is just not fun. It's so reactionary. I don't really enjoy reading a lot of the stuff anymore. Maybe it's just me.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Yep, when a couple of posters in particular are engaging in their form of "debate" on a thread then there's no point in trying really. Some folk are just so dogmatic (to put it very kindly). I don't know if it's to make up for their lack of a life outside .net or whether that's their actual character. Does my head in.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Amanda Holden. Pain in the arse.

@hibs.net private member
    The misuse of the word " incredible ". Sometimes it truly is.

Threads during and after Scotland games.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    The working from home equivalent of the Full Kit (W)Banker... turns out in full suit, shirt and tie on video calls. There’s one guy who didn’t wear that sort of stuff pre-lockdown but for some reason does now.

On the other end of the scale, those that have gone full on hobo during lockdown. There’s someone very senior who was immaculately turned out previously who now goes on video calls wearing a black hoodie with stains and rips in it.

Scottish people, although I'm sure it occurs elsewhere but doesn't annoy me as much, who mistake typing the way they talk for actual humour. The below from Twitter the other day is a good example:

'Am a pure wind up merchant to ma pals two of them were arguing balls deep in a sesh and a says to peel “ross says he’s been pumping your sister” and he dived up to go for him and a shouted “peel you’ve no even got a sister” and he went aw aye and sat doon😂😂'

804 retweets and over 13000 likes for a story that is about as funny as a dose of crabs.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Scottish people, although I'm sure it occurs elsewhere but doesn't annoy me as much, who mistake typing the way they talk for actual humour. The below from Twitter the other day is a good example:

'Am a pure wind up merchant to ma pals two of them were arguing balls deep in a sesh and a says to peel “ross says he’s been pumping your sister” and he dived up to go for him and a shouted “peel you’ve no even got a sister” and he went aw aye and sat doon😂😂'

804 retweets and over 13000 likes for a story that is about as funny as a dose of crabs.
    Did he get the crabs from the sister?