Results 7,441 to 7,470 of 12829

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

Quote Originally Posted by CloudSquall View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Two LinkedIn quotes that get right on my tits currently,

"Create your personal brand"

"Post insightful original content"

And the latest fad,

"So far during lockdown I've learned Japanese, gained 200 new clients, lost 10 stone in weight, gained a black belt in Brazilian jiu-jitsu, and taught myself how to play the piano and harp, what skills are you coming out of lockdown with?!"

I have to keep myself off it now, people talk about how toxic Instagram etc can be but for me it's LinkedIn, without exaggeration it just makes me hate everyone and anyone that works in an office.
    If I see one more ******' screen shot of an on-line team meeting, or a kid/dog/both sitting on their parents lap while they work......

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixu62 View Post
    If I see one more ******' screen shot of an on-line team meeting, or a kid/dog/both sitting on their parents lap while they work......
    I was on a conference call yesterday with a very senior director of my work and one of the participants before anyone else could speak said and I quote "before we start I don't think we should be calling these things catch-up sessions, how about a virtual coffee or virtual beer"

One of those pricks that was clearly thinking to himself I will make this director remember me, aye remember you for being a total David Brent ****

I was raging

When people generalise about an entire generation to score petty points. There is a post doing the rounds on social media with a picture of Captain Tom Moore on his, absolutely outstanding, charity walk next to a picture of Sam Smith crying about being in lockdown with a 'this is the difference between generations' type message.

It's absolute bollocks. Sam Smith is 27 years old. How many nurses, junior doctors, porters, cleaners, delivery drivers, retail workers, social workers, carers and so on are between 25 and 35? Why is a singer more representative of an entire generation than any of those people as individuals? If I posted a picture of 2 elderly people chatting in the street and said 'this is the people we are supposed to be protecting, old people are stupid' would that be acceptable?
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

I didn’t realise how much I get annoyed by dogs barking. Maybe it’s just a Covid Pet Peeve (no pun intended).

Really gets on my nerves.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Dog owners should be ensuring that their pets don't go anywhere near other people when they're out walking. CV19 can be on pets' fur. Not all owners are doing this.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Mine’s a shopping one, I’m not really in any mad rush when I’m shopping in a supermarket in these times but I really want to get in and out as efficiently as possible and obey social distancing guidelines. I’m also very aware that other people don’t want to come within two metres so I am very conscious of not hogging the displays, I pick what I want and move to my next item fairly quickly so someone else can then move to the same items. Today I literally stood for 2 minutes at several intervals waiting while selfish individuals lingered blocking the displays with their trolley length and staring whilst the queue of us obeying the distance rule waited for them to move off. Some people have absolutely no spatial awareness, ffs if you’re at the tinned beans take your tins and ****** move off.

@hibs.net private member EH6 Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Mine’s a shopping one, I’m not really in any mad rush when I’m shopping in a supermarket in these times but I really want to get in and out as efficiently as possible and obey social distancing guidelines. I’m also very aware that other people don’t want to come within two metres so I am very conscious of not hogging the displays, I pick what I want and move to my next item fairly quickly so someone else can then move to the same items. Today I literally stood for 2 minutes at several intervals waiting while selfish individuals lingered blocking the displays with their trolley length and staring whilst the queue of us obeying the distance rule waited for them to move off. Some people have absolutely no spatial awareness, ffs if you’re at the tinned beans take your tins and ****** move off.
    Similar to yours, I was in a rage on Sunday when I last went shopping, the amount of people standing right in the middle of aisles while they look at the shelves. The whole aisle is pretty much off limits because you can’t pass them while observing social distancing. Can they not keep to the sides so people can pass?

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    I was on a conference call yesterday with a very senior director of my work and one of the participants before anyone else could speak said and I quote "before we start I don't think we should be calling these things catch-up sessions, how about a virtual coffee or virtual beer"

One of those pricks that was clearly thinking to himself I will make this director remember me, aye remember you for being a total David Brent ****

I was raging
    Oh this made me laugh.

So much of that going on it’s just not funny.

Still count yourself lucky that you’ve not been invited to a Lean Coffee.

For those fortunate enough to have never had the joy these are described as follows:

Lean Coffee is a structured, but agenda-less meeting. Participants gather, build an agenda, and begin talking. Conversations are directed and productive because the agenda for the meeting was democratically generated.

I mean who the **** comes up with this stuff!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    Oh this made me laugh.

For those fortunate enough to have never had the joy these are described as follows:

Lean Coffee is a structured, but agenda-less meeting. Participants gather, build an agenda, and begin talking. Conversations are directed and productive because the agenda for the meeting was democratically generated.

I would have thought that would have the opposite effect.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    I would have thought that would have the opposite effect.
    Well quite and why anyone thinks democracy of agendas for meetings was a pressing point to solve for humanity is beyond me

Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    Oh this made me laugh.

I couldn't live with myself if I thought that up.

Supermarkets have become the théâtres de nos jours. And not in a good way.

Left by mutual consent!
    Similar with me but I pulled a couple up for squeezing about 7 or 8 loaves of bread before taking one. They weren't happy when I drew an assistants attention to their behaviour but **** them. The remaining loaves in that section were taken away but don't know what happened after that. Maybe a quick wipe down and back on the shelf?

Grown men on skateboards.

You don't look like Tony Hawk. You look like a 35 year old who has never had sexual intercourse.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

You don't look like Tony Hawk. You look like a 35 year old who has never had sexual intercourse.
    😂

reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Happyhibs62

we all know you've been bullied most of your adult life PB 😉😁
    "You opened the box....and your soul belongs to me...."

The amount of people who are now giving Piers Morgan a free pass as he's questioning government, still the same guy that was the editor of a newspaper hacking people's phones and ruining lives, ****

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar

We've got one on our street

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    The amount of people who are now giving Piers Morgan a free pass as he's questioning government, still the same guy that was the editor of a newspaper hacking people's phones and ruining lives, ****
    I didn't previously use Twitter much but I've started to use it more in the last couple of weeks. I was pretty concerned inntially when I found myself agreeing with the vast majority of what he has to say at the moment.

I'm not sure if that counts as giving him a free pass to something.
    Mon the Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    I didn't previously use Twitter much but I've started to use it more in the last couple of weeks. I was pretty concerned inntially when I found myself agreeing with the vast majority of what he has to say at the moment.

I think it's a balancing act.

I've found myself grudgingly impressed that he seems to be the only TV interviewer (Channel 4 excepted) not letting ministers away with half answers and deflection. He's asking the questions more serious journalists should be asking.

I balance that by still maintaining a healthy belief that he is an insufferable ****.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post

I’m the same. He’s been talking sense a lot recently, but he is and always will be one of the biggest ********s around. I can’t even bring myself to watch the TV when he’s on.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member
    Why in almost every TV interview at the moment with MP'S, Reporters, Dr's etc they all have huge bookcases behind them? Is it to make us feel more confident that they are intelligent and know what they're talking about?

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanut Shaz View Post
    Why in almost every TV interview at the moment with MP'S, Reporters, Dr's etc they all have huge bookcases behind them? Is it to make us feel more confident that they are intelligent and know what they're talking about?
    I only feel fully confident in what they're saying if I can make out that at least some of the books are written in Latin.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Is it not more a case of interviews being done in their home offices, which is a likely place to put a bookshelf?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    Is it not more a case of interviews being done in their home offices, which is a likely place to put a bookshelf?
    I'm sure it is. I was being a bit flippant. It's just a thing in our house now. Most interviews start with us saying "bookcase". Childish , I know but it's been a long few weeks. 😁

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    The royal mail depot changing their opening times but not communicating this on their card. Surely a sticker with "by the way, we shut at 9am now" could have been attached?

3 mile walk for nothing - at least it was a nice morning for it!

Maybe just a punishment for those stupid enough to miss a delivery during a lockdown period.
    Mon the Hibs.

Left by mutual consent!

Yes that's exactly why

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    The questions from the journalists after the daily briefings by the government.

Either the journalists are thick as **** and can't understand the information that's just been relayed to them, or they decide the question before they go in and just ask it anyway.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    No matter what the subject, the place, the experience, the method, the guy that always says he has been there, done that, tried that, used that, blah blah blah.

On a similar level, folk in meetings who always think they are the smart erse by challenging a point even though the point has been proved beyond doubt in that same meeting with evidence and data to back it up.
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 20-04-2020 at 07:49 PM.

No matter what the subject, the place, the experience, the method, the guy that always says he has been there, done that, tried that, used that, blah blah blah.

On a similar level, folk in meetings who always think they are the smart erse by challenging a point even though the point has been proved beyond doubt in that same meeting with evidence and data to back it up.
    Best way I've ever heard that being described is that if you've been to Tenerife then they've been to Elevenerife