hibs.net Messageboard

Page 240 of 429 FirstFirst ... 140190230238239240241242250290340 ... LastLast
Results 7,171 to 7,200 of 12850

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

Rental agencies who are robbing *******s when it comes to giving back the deposit, imaginary problems costing 4x as much as what you would expect them to cost.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Spelling the "F'ing" word "F'ken" (you get the gist, swear filter won't let me type exactly what I mean )
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Stopped in at Asda for some cold and flu tabs to help me shift this cold for Thursday and couldn't believe the amount of panic buying going on. The shop is closed for one day offs...
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Nothing - and I mean nothing - winds me up more than when you let someone past on a narrow street or a doorway and they don't even give as much as a smile, never mind a thank you.

I now shout "YOU'RE VERY WELCOME!" as loudly as I feel brave enough to do.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Spelling the "F'ing" word "F'ken" (you get the gist, swear filter won't let me type exactly what I mean )
    I'm no prude with language but the F word in general really annoys me. It's everywhere and it never needs to be.

If I'm having a stressful moment or find something exceptionally hilarious/painful/cringeworthy/breathtaking, then it deserves that moment. You hear it left, right and centre out and about and it really has started to irritate me.

Heard a mother with a pram on the phone outside the Wellgate centre in Dundee shouting "You're ****ing right by the ****ing way" - adds nothing to the sentence or the meaning and sets a terrible example to the young one.

I really hate that word.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Nothing - and I mean nothing - winds me up more than when you let someone past on a narrow street or a doorway and they don't even give as much as a smile, never mind a thank you.

Just plain bad manners gets right on my tits. Saying “morning” or “hiya” in the village can be a lottery but I’ve managed to filter out the dobbers who will ignore you.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar

I had a woman just let the door go in my face at M&S in Perth on Sunday, She was left in no doubt how I felt about it. #grumpyoldman
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member Sudds_1's Avatar
    I'm no prude with language but the F word in general really annoys me. It's everywhere and it never needs to be.

If I'm having a stressful moment or find something exceptionally hilarious/painful/cringeworthy/breathtaking, then it deserves that moment. You hear it left, right and centre out and about and it really has started to irritate me.

Heard a mother with a pram on the phone outside the Wellgate centre in Dundee shouting "You're ****ing right by the ****ing way" - adds nothing to the sentence or the meaning and sets a terrible example to the young one.

I really hate that word.
    Fred macaulay did a good joke about the f word on mock the week a few years ago. Look it up...hilarious. might change your mind 😄
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they do not know the game

Quote Originally Posted by Sudds_1 View Post
    Fred macaulay did a good joke about the f word on mock the week a few years ago. Look it up...hilarious. might change your mind 😄
    McDiarmid Park which can hold 10,000 so they've been told! ☺

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    It's filled to capacity at least once a year. There is a Jehova witness convention every year. 😁
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member Sudds_1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Effin....BOOOOOOO! 😂
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they do not know the game

Quote Originally Posted by Sudds_1 View Post
    I found it particularly funny cos I think I've been guilty of shouting the punchline at a referee! 😁

Standard behaviour in the Netherlands, I learnt their word for "you're welcome" just so I could turn and scream it at them like a mentalist.

I then moved to France and pretty much broke down in tears at the first "merci" I received when I let someone past first.

If only everyone knew manners cost nothing..

Politicians, journalists etc on Twitter who are currently writing "signing off for the Xmas period.." etc as if writing pish on Twitter is up there with being in the trenches of WW1.

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    The inevitable falling ill at Christmas time, every year without fail.
    Sat next to an admin/planner who managed to cough/sneeze/splutter all last week before finishing early on Friday, Friday evening I get the scratchy throat.
    For the last few days I've had next to zero sleep because I'm feverish and having seriously weird dreams.
    Trying to load up on paracetamol but it's playing havoc with my guts,,,, feel sorry for the family as I'm going to be a grumpy nightmare later on today!

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    Sat next to an admin/planner who managed to cough/sneeze/splutter all last week before finishing early on Friday, Friday evening I get the scratchy throat.
    For the last few days I've had next to zero sleep because I'm feverish and having seriously weird dreams.
    Trying to load up on paracetamol but it's playing havoc with my guts,,,, feel sorry for the family as I'm going to be a grumpy nightmare later on today!

Was that Hammy passing on his cold??

FWIW I'm struck down with a stoater of a cold, blocked nose, sore throat, blocked ears. One of my eyes is weeping as well. Going to face a late fitness test for tomorrows game. Been trying to shift it since last Thursday.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Was that Hammy passing on his cold??
    Tell him, Happy Xmas from me!

Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    Not much you can do except drink plenty water and keep warm. There's a spray called First Defence you can get which neutralises a cold before it takes hold but you have to take it early.

I've taken to washing my hands when I come into the house especially if I've been on public transport!

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Folk who’ll read a story in the Sun or the Daily Mail or the Daily Record. Post about the story. Then say they won’t put up a link to it...cos it’s the Sun or the Daily Mail or the Daily Record.

Then the folk who want to read the story but won’t click on a link and go to their website. “Wouldn’t wipe my arse with that garbage...what they saying though...can someone else read it and give me the information”

@hibs.net private member
    Headlines with asterisks to cover swear words.

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    Folk who’ll read a story in the Sun or the Daily Mail or the Daily Record. Post about the story. Then say they won’t put up a link to it...cos it’s the Sun or the Daily Mail or the Daily Record.

Then the folk who want to read the story but won’t click on a link and go to their website. “Wouldn’t wipe my arse with that garbage...what they saying though...can someone else read it and give me the information”
    I think the thought process is that news sites which don't operate behind a paywall derive much of their income from advertising revenue. No click means no revenue. Done properly I suppose it could be an online equivalent of 'Don't buy the Sun'.

Asking someone else to click the link and copy and paste it totally defeats the purpose though. You would be as well just clicking the link yourself.

@hibs.net private member Alfiembra's Avatar
    TV adverts particularly from large organisations that try to show how diverse and inclusive they are and have nothing to do with the product they want you to buy.

One that particularly annoys me is the current Renault Clio advert which is a story of two girls growing up and eventually becoming a couple. How is that going to convince me to consider buying a car from them?

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfiembra View Post
    TV adverts particularly from large organisations that try to show how diverse and inclusive they are and have nothing to do with the product they want you to buy.

One that particularly annoys me is the current Renault Clio advert which is a story of two girls growing up and eventually becoming a couple. How is that going to convince me to consider buying a car from them?
    You're maybe not the target.

Dog ***** and general litter on pavements and roads.

And those ruddy Benidorm scooters!! Parked outside the boozers. See Central bar foot of walk for reference.

LinkedIn ****ers who proudly declared they were having a "digital detox" over Christmas, you can royally **** off with that pretentious patter.

****y clickbait language that has infected online media,

"we need to talk about *that* ...."
    "...and you'll NEVER believe the replies"
    "so that's a thing"
    "...and it's so pure"

This thread is epic 👍😁. A right good laugh reading through the last few pages. Coming into peak grumpy old git years so hopefully can add a bit to it.

Trying to find and read the expiry dates on herb jars, piss take.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneyburn hibs View Post
    Trying to find and read the expiry dates on herb jars, piss take.
    I genuinely take no notice of dates on many things and particularly on herbs and spices.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    I genuinely take no notice of dates on many things and particularly on herbs and spices.
    I just found mint sauce in my fridge from 2 years ago

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    I just found mint sauce in my fridge from 2 years ago
    Still fine no doubt.