hibs.net Messageboard

Page 229 of 427 FirstFirst ... 129179219227228229230231239279329 ... LastLast
Results 6,841 to 6,870 of 12804

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

Quote Originally Posted by CloudSquall View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No one can have an experience or live a moment without broadcasting it to the world for validation, and the worst part is people buy into this bollox and instead of calling out the BS they are fully paid up members of the circle jerk of likes crew.
    Very much this, can folk not just enjoy the moment? I can almost tolerate teenage girls doing it but, the amount of grown men constantly filming themselves in Coadys in Dunfermline yesterday was ridiculous.

2. Log in to remove the advert

An old 'favourite' of mine but litter.

I walked up Ben Lomond yesterday morning. I knew the weather was forecast to be good so I set off early to avoid the inevitable Princes Street on a Saturday afternoon feel you get on the popular Munros when the weather is good. I never saw a single person on my way up, hit the summit at about 6.30am and set off back down over Ptarmagin. Saw a few other early starters on my way down and got back to Rowardennan about 8 just as it was getting busy. It was carnage. Firstly there were people camping on the beaches which isn't as it's covered by the the summer 'camping management zone'. The area around the tents was a sea of empty bottles, discarded food, disposable BBQs, food wrappers etc. Even accepting they may have cleared some of that away before leaving it's impossible that the wind didn't displace some of it. Add to that the father and son preparing to pack their bags who had to empty some stuff out and chucked rotten banana peels and empty plastic bottles onto the ground in the car park before walking away. They were charm personified when they told a lady who challenged them about it to '**** off'.

We have amazing open spaces in Scotland and various bodies who do great work to maintain them, keep them accessible and provide the opportunity for almost anyone to access the outdoors. Sadly we have some utter cretins who don't respect how lucky we are and frankly don't deserve to use them.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Oh yes, especially the last point. Even worse when the till assistant starts scanning your shopping at high speed before the straggler last customer has left.
    Conduct in supermarkets is frightful. I'd love a job going about ticking people off for their stupid and inconsiderate behaviour.
    So far, however, Tesco management haven't responded to my employment suggestions.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    An old 'favourite' of mine but litter.

I walked up Ben Lomond yesterday morning. I knew the weather was forecast to be good so I set off early to avoid the inevitable Princes Street on a Saturday afternoon feel you get on the popular Munros when the weather is good. I never saw a single person on my way up, hit the summit at about 6.30am and set off back down over Ptarmagin. Saw a few other early starters on my way down and got back to Rowardennan about 8 just as it was getting busy. It was carnage. Firstly there were people camping on the beaches which isn't as it's covered by the the summer 'camping management zone'. The area around the tents was a sea of empty bottles, discarded food, disposable BBQs, food wrappers etc. Even accepting they may have cleared some of that away before leaving it's impossible that the wind didn't displace some of it. Add to that the father and son preparing to pack their bags who had to empty some stuff out and chucked rotten banana peels and empty plastic bottles onto the ground in the car park before walking away. They were charm personified when they told a lady who challenged them about it to '**** off'.

We have amazing open spaces in Scotland and various bodies who do great work to maintain them, keep them accessible and provide the opportunity for almost anyone to access the outdoors. Sadly we have some utter cretins who don't respect how lucky we are and frankly don't deserve to use them.
    We as a species don’t deserve the planet we live on with conduct like that.

Similarly I think the clean up after Glastonbury is going to take two weeks of rubbish collection. It’s disgraceful.

People that can't just call The Guardian paper just that.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    People that can't just call The Guardian paper just that.
    What the devil DO they call it out of interest?

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    What the devil DO they call it out of interest?
    Used to be The Grauniad due to the amount of mis-spellings.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Used to be The Grauniad due to the amount of mis-spellings.
    That's the one 😠

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    We as a species don’t deserve the planet we live on with conduct like that.

Similarly I think the clean up after Glastonbury is going to take two weeks of rubbish collection. It’s disgraceful.
    They have the right idea about this sort of stuff in Singapore.

We have a casual, cultural acceptance of it and it stinks.

I really wish folk would have a bit of pride and care for their surroundings.

We don't have an idea how lucky we are to be born in this country, the least we can do is show it a bit of respect.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Add to that the father and son preparing to pack their bags who had to empty some stuff out and chucked rotten banana peels and empty plastic bottles onto the ground in the car park before walking away. They were charm personified when they told a lady who challenged them about it to '**** off'.

If the country does lurch to the very far right, as it seems it might, let's hope that the silver lining is summary execution for such behaviours.

Those plastic pop-up openers on the top of fruit juice cartons. Always makes a mess. Always.

Frozen foods from the supermarket that split then when you open them the contents go everywhere. I double bag no using a freezer bag. Hate doing it because it's double plastic

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Cafes or coffee shops that put a paper napkin between a brownie and the plate. The napkin sticks to the brownie and you get remnants of paper of the brownie when you try to eat it.

Any licensed premise that does not have a full menu of drink offerings AND the prices (Abv would also be helpful).

People with extremely loud voices that work in an open office.

We have people that have been told that their booming voices on calls are disrupting everyone else yet the inconsiderate ****s still do phone meetings at their desks when there are meeting rooms available.

To add to that my latest blood boiling issue are people who, while keeping their voice down when on the phone at their desk, can't use the thing.

I've went from a friendly jokey "Haha christine, you're on mute lol :D" to "CHRISTINE YOU'RE ON FU..YOU'RE ON MUTE" in a matter of months.

Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    If the country does lurch to the very far right, as it seems it might, let's hope that the silver lining is summary execution for such behaviours.
    It's folk like that who favour the far right. Inbreds.

Experts or in reality completely clueless knobbers.
    Football experts at world cup or euro competitions
    Rugby experts during home nations
    I have been subjected to their tennis expertise and during the last week cricket.
    Yes, I live in England

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stuart-farquhar View Post
    Any licensed premise that does not have a full menu of drink offerings AND the prices (Abv would also be helpful).
    I'm sure it's illegal not to

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    People who don’t clear their table in self clear cafes. I know some folk are unable but plenty are and are just lazy bassas

The WiFi on Lothian buses. Don't bother.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Jakeys that don’t get to the point when asking for “50p for the bus”. Witnessed one earlier pretty much give a family a blow by blow account of his day (allegedly). 2 mins later he got to the point: ‘give me money’.

When a poster attempts to take over every thread they post on, in order to become central to the discussion, rather than just contribute their opinion on the original topic.

Quote Originally Posted by wpj View Post
    Experts or in reality completely clueless knobbers.
    Football experts at world cup or euro competitions
    Rugby experts during home nations
    I have been subjected to their tennis expertise and during the last week cricket.
    Yes, I live in England
    I don't mind if they're telling me something I don't know but this seldom happens. It's just blather and banter.
    The guys on bbc Scotland are just awful with the possible exception of Mikey Stewart.

@hibs.net private member EH6 Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    The WiFi on Lothian buses. Don't bother.
    Does my head in. When it works it’s fine, but usually it starts off fine then goes off, instead of disconnecting from it, I usually turn my WiFi off, I then forget to turn it back on when I get home and start doing stuff like updating apps and watching videos and lose all my data.

Tradesman trying to bull**** about what needs doing.

People who describe their possessions by value:
    For example:

I drive a 35k car
    I live in a half million pound house
    I wear a 10k watch

As if it will impress everyone they tell 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Boatman View Post
    For example:

I drive a 35k car
    I wear a 10k watch

Do real people actually do this? Immediate "welt" status awarded IMO

For example:

I drive a 35k car
    I wear a 10k watch

Can I add to this people who rate or judge others by their income. The sinister bit being they actually know the figures...and somehow shoehorn it in to every conversation (monologue) they’re involved in.

For example:

I drive a 35k car
    I wear a 10k watch

There's a boy in my work a bit like that. He doesn't really use values but he drops in little things that he thinks make him sound aspirational but he just sounds like a dick. A few of my favourites from him in recent weeks include:

'Nightmare getting the car serviced, you always have to wait that bit longer for a BMW approved garage.'

'If your based in South Queensferry then I can come see you, I live quite near Barnton so it's not totally out of my way.'

'I was up at Lidl for lunch today and it's just so funny how disorganised it is compared to Waitrose.'
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

And don’t get me started on people who look down on other people because of their jobs

“He or she is just a”
    Shop assistant
    Cleaner
    Van Driver
    Security Guard
    etc etc