hibs.net Messageboard

Page 227 of 424 FirstFirst ... 127177217225226227228229237277327 ... LastLast
Results 6,781 to 6,810 of 12698

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Another gym one. I’ll be in the changing room when it’s quiet and there’s plenty of space on the benches. Two separate folk will come in and use the bench either side of me, leaving no room at all. A bit of respect for personal space, please!

Almost as bad as the equipment hogging texters are the groups of 3/4/5+ people that are all taking turns on a bit of equipment... absolutely no chance of getting on it any time soon once that’s started. As said above, they usually all talk like sweetie wives too.

Still on the gym theme, there is a middle aged bloke at my gym who lurks around the changing room. I’ve never actually seen him on the gym floor but he must do... He is continually going up to random folk telling them that he observed their session with a PT and that the PT is giving them duff advice or poor workouts and then tells them that they’d be better off doing X, Y or Z. Erm, I think they would be better off listening to a professionally qualified PT than some random dude in his 50s with a beer belly.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    'Works at' Full Time Mummy. **** off!!
    Don’t know if dating apps are considered as social media but as soon as a woman on one of them states in their profile that they have kid(s) you just know the next sentence is “He/she/they is/are my whole world” followed by the heart eyes smiley. 9 out of 10 of them use that precise phrase.

The most annoying thing on dating apps is where tourists are on them purely to get recommendations on what bars or eateries to go to. Then they thank you for the tip then immediately unmatch you. Get a copy of the local edition of the Lonely Planet, love!

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Boatman View Post
    Warm water opens the pores of the body. The dirt, oil, and microscopic particles lurking within come out and could pass into the open pores of the other bathers. “It can lead to a lot of superficial skin infections,. “You don’t really see that in colder water.” This is one reason, people really should shower before getting in the hot tub. It flushes out the pores.

Hot tubs are frequent transfer stations for bacteria. Pseudomonas aeruginosa, a common bacterial infection, is so strongly associated with tubs their main symptom has been dubbed “hot tub rash.” Those afflicted experience inflammation, itching, and pus-filled blisters around hair follicles, particularly on areas of the body that were covered by a swimsuit and hence absorb a lot of hot tub water.

Hot tubes are regularly sampled for bacteria levels and subsequently closed if levels are high and dosing is required to clean it.

Think you’ve now put me off from using a jacuzzi ever again 😂

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Another gym one. I’ll be in the changing room when it’s quiet and there’s plenty of space on the benches. Two separate folk will come in and use the bench either side of me, leaving no room at all. A bit of respect for personal space, please!

Almost as bad as the equipment hogging texters are the groups of 3/4/5+ people that are all taking turns on a bit of equipment... absolutely no chance of getting on it any time soon once that’s started. As said above, they usually all talk like sweetie wives too.

Still on the gym theme, there is a middle aged bloke at my gym who lurks around the changing room. I’ve never actually seen him on the gym floor but he must do... He is continually going up to random folk telling them that he observed their session with a PT and that the PT is giving them duff advice or poor workouts and then tells them that they’d be better off doing X, Y or Z. Erm, I think they would be better off listening to a professionally qualified PT than some random dude in his 50s with a beer belly.
    You don’t go to the village hotel by any chance do you?

There’s a guy there who can be in the changing rooms when I go in the gym in his swimming trunks absolutely soaking, so obviously been in the pool. He’ll then still be there, in his towel 45 mins or so later. In that 45 mins he’s only managed to have a shower. He also goes into the jacuzzi with shampoo in his hair sometimes. Puts it on at the side of the jacuzzi, scrubs it in, gets in the jacuzzi, sits for a minute then puts his hands in his hair in disgust as if he doesn’t know how he has shampoo in his hair.

First Team Breakthrough
    Some people are mental at the gym, it's the guys that put every item of clothing on shirt, tie, jacket, socks and shoes, then pants last, WTF is that all about.

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakhog1 View Post
    Some people are mental at the gym, it's the guys that put every item of clothing on shirt, tie, jacket, socks and shoes, then pants last, WTF is that all about.
    Pants last? That's Superman you're describing, if Superman is having to go to the gym then us mere mortals have no hope!

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    Pants last? That's Superman you're describing, if Superman is having to go to the gym then us mere mortals have no hope!
    Even superheroes need to lose the beer belly before heading to the beach 😉
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakhog1 View Post
    When you’ve got 10 inches plus you want to show it off. Believe me.

Nightmare getting my trousers over my shoes though.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Village church bells. Because we all need a ****ing alarm in 2019 at 8am in the ****ing morning.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    When people put "ya" instead of "you". Congratulations on all that time saved by dropping one letter from a three letter word, send me a postcard from where you go with that millisecond.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    When people put "ya" instead of "you". Congratulations on all that time saved by dropping one letter from a three letter word, send me a postcard from where you go with that millisecond.
    Worse when they say "a" instead of "I".
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    The work colleague or colleagues who constantly talk about moneyed their constant need to do the overtime then brag about how much they earn... no **** cares!!
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    The work colleague or colleagues who constantly talk about moneyed their constant need to do the overtime then brag about how much they earn... no **** cares!!
    There’s a guy in my work who rather impressively manages to turn everything into a pissing contest as to who’s holiday/car/house/food shop/electricity bills/childcare etc cost more. His vastly inflated prices of course lead to him ‘winning’ every time.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Worse when they say "a" instead of "I".
    I typically buy old bangers of cars (older cars are easier to diagnose and fix issues with which I prefer) and a friend of mine and myself have set ourselves something of a Top Gear style challenge - making the most luxurious car for under £500 all in. Spent £380 on a nineteen year old Fabia (in Hibby green, naturally) and have a £120 budget - going to get some leather seats from a scrap Polo/Golf from that era as they should have the same underpinnings, steering wheel from one of them and use carpet offcuts to create the thickest carpets ever seen in a Skoda along with anything else I can squeeze into such a tight budget. Want to see if I can fashion up a mini chandelier

It did mean that you're looking through Facebook marketplace and the like but the amount of articles written by a moron or with a sense of entitlement is incredible. "Gearbox is slacker than Katie Price's fanny" was one, someone with "03 plate Focus for cash or swap. So what ya got", "don't make me any offers you're wasting my time", messaging someone asking what the mileage is on a car and being told "what do ya need that for", refusing to give number plates to check MOT history or worst of all saying "car is mint" then you turn up to find a slipping clutch, smoke from the exhaust etc. etc. etc. when it's blatant that it's not even close to "mint".

Really annoys me that people can't be arsed thinking that even though it's only a £350-500 car you're still asking people for money and end up wasting their time.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Being "bullied" by computers in to giving more information than necessary. A UK number e.g. I don't have one! A stronger password. Eh! Etc etc.

Oh and Boris Johnson. Juat saying.

Being "bullied" by computers in to giving more information than necessary. A UK number e.g. I don't have one! A stronger password. Eh! Etc etc.

Oh and Boris Johnson. Just saying.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stuart-farquhar View Post

Oh and Boris Johnson. Just saying.
    Computer bully you into posting twice?

Agree on the password. There's somewhere (and I've forgotten again) that makes me do an extra complicated one. On the rate occasion I go to the website I forget it, go to through the whole reset password, and then it tells me it's not complicated enough and I remember what my password must have been.
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    Computer bully you into posting twice?

Agree on the password. There's somewhere (and I've forgotten again) that makes me do an extra complicated one. On the rate occasion I go to the website I forget it, go to through the whole reset password, and then it tells me it's not complicated enough and I remember what my password must have been.
    Yeah those are seriously annoying..

Upper case

Lower case

Number

Special character

At least 12 character

Blah blah blah

Sure I read that actually the logic behind these ‘complex’ passwords is actually nonsense and that came from the dude who came up with the concept!!

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    It’s about to get worse my friend. I’ve noticed the American term of ya’ll is slowly gaining traction amongst the younger generation.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    It’s about to get worse my friend. I’ve noticed the American term of ya’ll is slowly gaining traction amongst the younger generation.
    I must be getting old because I'm increasingly confused about what people in their teens and 20s are talking about.

I was in a bar the other week and the barman asked me 'what can I get you bredren?' When I asked what a beer was like he said it was 'dat is totally peng'.

I genuinely had to Google what peng meant a couple of minutes later. Ya and y'all seems quite simple after hearing a middle class white student refer to me as 'bredren' and use the term 'dat'.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I must be getting old because I'm increasingly confused about what people in their teens and 20s are talking about.

I was in a bar the other week and the barman asked me 'what can I get you bredren?' When I asked what a beer was like he said it was 'dat is totally peng'.

I genuinely had to Google what peng meant a couple of minutes later. Ya and y'all seems quite simple after hearing a middle class white student refer to me as 'bredren' and use the term 'dat'.
    It’s only going to get worse for you my friend. I know you’ve got a young child and as she gets older she will be drawn to YouTube and the scourge of you tubers, most of which are American. My 8 year old comes out with so many American terms or others which I assume are British(it’s not always apparent) I find myself asking what she’s talking about. I’ve been used to her asking me the meaning of words.
    What im trying to say is that we will all end up retreating to bars that our dads drunk in and drinking a half pint and a nip

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    It’s only going to get worse for you my friend. I know you’ve got a young child and as she gets older she will be drawn to YouTube and the scourge of you tubers, most of which are American. My 8 year old comes out with so many American terms or others which I assume are British(it’s not always apparent) I find myself asking what she’s talking about. I’ve been used to her asking me the meaning of words.
    What im trying to say is that we will all end up retreating to bars that our dads drunk in and drinking a half pint and a nip
    After Brexit we'll be veering ever closer towards the USA, trade-wise and culture-wise. Enjoy!

The Oxford English Dictionary is going to need a total revamp.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    The instruction leaflet in paracetamol packets. Just gets in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

I'm also aboard the fair ship "mid 30's and increasingly confused". We've got a member of our football team out here, actually Scottish, but he's a good decade younger than the rest of us. Some of the terms and phrases he uses leave us auld gits absolutely scratching our head

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Dog owners. I'm at a massive caravan site near Barcelona that's divided into areas where pets are allowed and areas where pets are forbidden. For some reason all the folks with dogs take their pooches into the dog free zones for walkies. Had a full blown argument with a Dutch guy last night who is of the opinion that the area where we are is off limits for pooches to overnight but is perfectly ok to go walkies there and leave little steaming piles of dog *****. I've just returned one to sender, let's see how amused he is when he gets back from the beach and finds a little package on his awning table.
    Last edited by Hibrandenburg; 29-06-2019 at 09:48 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    Dog owners. I'm at a massive caravan site near Barcelona that's divided into areas where pets are allowed and areas where pets are forbidden. For some reason all the folks with dogs take their pooches into the dog free zones for walkies. Had a full blown argument with a Dutch guy last night who is of the opinion that the area where we are is off limits for pooches to overnight but is perfectly ok to go walkies there and leave little steaming piles of dog *****. I've just returned one to sender, let's see how amused he is when he gets back from the beach and finds a little package on his awning table.

I agree with you. As much as I like dogs some owners are oblivious to polite considerations like this.

The beach we go to in Spain is meant to be dog free, but never is even though the dogs have their own beach nearby.

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    I'm also aboard the fair ship "mid 30's and increasingly confused". We've got a member of our football team out here, actually Scottish, but he's a good decade younger than the rest of us. Some of the terms and phrases he uses leave us auld gits absolutely scratching our head
    You have a duty to slag the living 5hit out of him until he talks properly.

Quote Originally Posted by pollution View Post
    I agree with you. As much as I like dogs some owners are oblivious to polite considerations like this.

The beach we go to in Spain is meant to be dog free, but never is even though the dogs have their own beach nearby.
    as a dog owner it bugs me. I go out my way to consider how my dog impacts other people to the point I've had arguments with my other half cos she doesn't get it. she is considerate just not enough in my view.

open fields and parks are for my dog. pubs are for me.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    I'm browsing various clothing sites for new jeans, why are the majority of jeans that are available of the skinny variety??? When I do find a pair that are straight fitting they don't have my size!!!
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

I'm browsing various clothing sites for new jeans, why are the majority of jeans that are available of the skinny variety??? When I do find a pair that are straight fitting they don't have my size!!!

Amen!

It it drives me up the wall looking for jeans or trousers and everywhere is stowed with skinny/slim/super skinny/tapered, with maybe a couple of normal styles