hibs.net Messageboard

Page 224 of 429 FirstFirst ... 124174214222223224225226234274324 ... LastLast
Results 6,691 to 6,720 of 12842

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyAsHellas View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dog owners who can't control their animals. Make no mistake, this is 100% of them. Get them trained, it's your duty.
    In case you are wondering I am severely hacked off with dogs stealing and eating my fishing bait while some clown of an owner repeatedly shouts their name with no effect whatsoever, or even worse, try to lay the blame on me for their mutt being out of control. Don't know which should be put down though - the dog or the owner?
    I had an argument with a guy on my way to work a few weeks ago. His dog was off the lead and ran at me aggressively forcing me into the road. When I gave the guy a dirty look, I got a “what’s your problem”. I asked him if he could keep his dog under control and got “I don’t need to keep him under control, quote me the law that says I need to keep it under control, you need to control your emotions”. He was shouting abuse at me for ages after I walked away.

I hate dogs. I hate their owners even more when they assume everyone will love their dog.

2. Log in to remove the advert

So many morons with dogs nowadays, especially the fighting breeds. "look at me I'm Hard" mentality. Sooner they're all off the streets the better.

Dog owners who can't control their animals. Make no mistake, this is 100% of them. Get them trained, it's your duty.
    In case you are wondering I am severely hacked off with dogs stealing and eating my fishing bait while some clown of an owner repeatedly shouts their name with no effect whatsoever, or even worse, try to lay the blame on me for their mutt being out of control. Don't know which should be put down though - the dog or the owner?

100% of dog owners can’t control their animals? Aye ok

whilst I agree there are many dog owners who aren’t responsible, and I am firmly in the camp of ‘show me a bad dog and I’ll show you a bad dog owner’, to say that there are no responsible owners or all owners who cannot control their dogs is quite ludicrous.

I'm perhaps being a little ridiculous but nowhere near as far as you imagine. I have yet to meet a trained dog on a beach. I will further that by adding any beach. I try to go fishing every week and every week I'm on a beach or pier or anywhere I'm likely to encounter a mutt I have to alter my style of fishing and habits in case I get my bait nicked or equipment peed on. It is relentless - hence the statement.

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    I will be in the minority here as everyone loves dogs except me. The amount of places that are becoming dog friendly is ridiculous. No, I don’t want to have a dog come up to me and jump on me whilst I’m eating or drinking in a cafe, pub, etc.
    Quite right too!

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    That annoys me too. The other thing that they will often do is over-gesticulating with their arms and hands as you’re passing. I’ve been whacked in the face twice this week when passing slow walkers. Still not as bad as the time a guy whacked me with his walking stick on Leith Walk as he was using it to point at something across the road.
    arms everywhere when trying to pass, swinging around like they're practicing for a game of wii bowling.

I'll echo the dog friendly environments comment too. My pet peeve in that genre is when they come up to you and you shoo them away or give their owner a look to get them to and they just reply "he'll not hurt you" as if that makes it all okay.
    Mon the Hibs.

So many morons with dogs nowadays, especially the fighting breeds. "look at me I'm Hard" mentality. Sooner they're all off the streets the better.
    There's a guy who walks two dogs regularly in Corstorphine cemetery and they are off lead and fouling graves etc. When anyone challenges this they get abuse. When I asked the authorities about it they said they knew the case but could do nothing. This despite a sign at the entrance asking folk to control their animals. Crazy.
    The guy's got it coming to him mind!

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar

I'm sorry, I shouldn't but I find that hilarious, but as keen fisherman myself I would be pissed off too. Although if they stole my bait all they would get would be a sore mouth if they tried to chew my flies.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Bin men coming first thing in the morning only on the days when you decide to put your bin out in the morning, which will be alright because they never come until after lunch anyway.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    I'm sorry, I shouldn't but I find that hilarious, but as keen fisherman myself I would be pissed off too. Although if they stole my bait all they would get would be a sore mouth if they tried to chew my flies.
    Having your flies chewed by a dog sounds like a very unpleasant experience.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    People who show pictures on social media of their pets normally dogs sharing their bed, WTF absolutely disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Boatman View Post
    People who show pictures on social media of their pets normally dogs sharing their bed, WTF absolutely disgusting.
    Or just people who post pictures of their pets. Roasters.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Having your flies chewed by a dog sounds like a very unpleasant experience.

Haha, you know fine well what I mean!

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    I went to a place called The Stable Bar up behind Mortonhall, the Food I can say was really realy nice for 'pub grub', however it appears this little place is on the route of a popular dog walking path and allows dogs in.

I do not mind Dogs and to be honest a dog friendly pub is fine by me however not when serving food. When I first went in there was none, but by the time I left there was 3 or 4 dogs and when I went to the bar there was 2 that were absolutely stinking. Lucky we had ate already as it would have really put me off. I also seen a big golden retriever walking around the tables and sniffing at a couple who were clearly not the dogs owner and I couldn't believe they didn't say anything, they were trying to eat their lunch ffs with a wet dogs nose sniffing at their legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    The first time this happened I was on a beach at low tide, digging lugworms and putting them in a bucket. Some mutt comes running over (they all love the smell of lugworms for some obscure reason) dips his head in the bucket and runs off with near all of them. The owner is about ten minutes behind him and thinks saying "oh sorry about that" with a stupid grin on his face makes it alright. Best part of an hour digging wet sand which is quite a strain on the back for me these days, only for some mutt to use it as a snack is somewhat off putting to say the least. Another one stole whole razor clams with the shell still on and crunched his way through them and I've had whole mackerel being devoured as well. I go fishing now and my bait supplies are a like a freaking tupperware advert all spread out on the beach. Bloody dogs, maybe go back to the fly fishing again!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    I went to a place called The Stable Bar up behind Mortonhall, the Food I can say was really realy nice for 'pub grub', however it appears this little place is on the route of a popular dog walking path and allows dogs in.

I do not mind Dogs and to be honest a dog friendly pub is fine by me however not when serving food. When I first went in there was none, but by the time I left there was 3 or 4 dogs and when I went to the bar there was 2 that were absolutely stinking. Lucky we had ate already as it would have really put me off. I also seen a big golden retriever walking around the tables and sniffing at a couple who were clearly not the dogs owner and I couldn't believe they didn't say anything, they were trying to eat their lunch ffs with a wet dogs nose sniffing at their legs.
    Don't go to Bergamo then! we were over there a little while ago and I've never seen so many dogs in restaurants, all with little jackets on and plenty being fed from their owners plates. These things use their tongues as toilet paper ffs. Should never be near humans eating.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    The first time this happened I was on a beach at low tide, digging lugworms and putting them in a bucket. Some mutt comes running over (they all love the smell of lugworms for some obscure reason) dips his head in the bucket and runs off with near all of them. The owner is about ten minutes behind him and thinks saying "oh sorry about that" with a stupid grin on his face makes it alright. Best part of an hour digging wet sand which is quite a strain on the back for me these days, only for some mutt to use it as a snack is somewhat off putting to say the least. Another one stole whole razor clams with the shell still on and crunched his way through them and I've had whole mackerel being devoured as well. I go fishing now and my bait supplies are a like a freaking tupperware advert all spread out on the beach. Bloody dogs, maybe go back to the fly fishing again!
    Have you considered putting your bait in a box with a lid?

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member
    This thread has gone to the dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Have you considered putting your bait in a box with a lid?
    Yes at times I now have to have certain baits in sealed containers but when you may take five or six different baits it starts to get a bit tedious, not to mention bloody bulky to carry. I'm sort of hoping one of the mutts will consume one of the baits that's been frozen and defrosted several times as I would find it particularly amusing should one of them develop a dose of the squirts on preferably something like a new Persian rug.

people who generalise and brand a whole group based on one bad experience.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Boatman View Post
    What are people doing going into a dog's bed??!

I'm sure it's been posted before but, folk that Cannae go on a day or night out without recording footage on their phones. Those occasions were much more fun when it was just your mates that asked the next day wtf were you up to, now the world potentially has access whether you agreed to be recorded or not.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    The Scottish/English hybrid accent that seems to be more common - the Hive radio advert and the way the voiceover says "home" and "phone" really boils my piss. Pick one and stick to it.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Twice today BBC newsreaders have referred to tonight's game as a "soccer" match. WTF??!!?

folk on the forum who don't read a thread or worse, don't read the few messages that are above their post. they then post a question or comment that was answered or said about 5 posts before.

it's just lazy.

also, posts that ask a question that Google would answer in 30 seconds.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jimmy View Post
    folk on the forum who don't read a thread or worse, don't read the few messages that are above their post. they then post a question or comment that was answered or said about 5 posts before.

it's just lazy.

also, posts that ask a question that Google would answer in 30 seconds.

I posted the same earlier in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    I never expected this response. honest.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    As did I 😉
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Ineffective antiperspirant deodourants. I'm not an overly sweaty person thankfully, but we've moved area at work and my desk is in a right hot spot. Tried sprays and roll-ons but to no avail. Why sell something that's totally useless for the purpose it's designed for?

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Ineffective antiperspirant deodourants. I'm not an overly sweaty person thankfully, but we've moved area at work and my desk is in a right hot spot. Tried sprays and roll-ons but to no avail. Why sell something that's totally useless for the purpose it's designed for?
    I've just had this battle over the last week. For years I've used Mitchum roll on with no nasty odours. For no other reason than it was on promotion, I switched to Bull Dog roll on and within hours I was reeking of BO! Out got to the point I had to shower when I got home and return back to the Mitchum,,,,Bull Dog is in the bin!