hibs.net Messageboard

Page 210 of 425 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212220260310 ... LastLast
Results 6,271 to 6,300 of 12723

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tbh I’m noticing that myself just now.

Not for a second would I suggest I’ve got a gambling problem, far from it however I looked at my bank statement recently and I’m quite shocked at how much I’ve been spending on it. I always convinced it myself it’s ok as I just like a wee fiver on at the weekend for a bit interest. Looking at my bank account though I’ve realised that fiver at the weekend has turned into the 2 lines on the Saturday games, the Sunday games, the champions league games (both nights) and the Europa league plus the odd hibs game.

I’ve decided to close my online accounts and i’m actually finding it easy so I’m certain I’ve not got a problem, I am noticing how many adverts there though encouraging online betting, something should be done about it imo.

I used to to work with a couple of guys on Saturdays, who would genuinely have the shakes if they hadn’t put a few lines on first thing. They’d be hopping around asking when they could get a break so they could run round to the bookies. This was about 15 years ago, goodness knows what they would be like now with the app and online capabilities. One in particular was very fond of crazy 11, 12, 15 match accumulators of 20 quid, usually ones where he’d have burton Albion to win at Stamford bridge, and Alloa to win at parkhead. He’d never take a telling about why the potential winnings were so high.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Children being sick.

I know she can't help it but my bairn just produced some foul smelling ooze that looked exactly like the partially digested lasagne it was. As I was cleaning it she was screaming and shaking so chunks where flying everywhere.

She's bow dozing away quite content whilst I have just finished stripping sheets, wiping the carpet, putting a wash on and rinaing the bath all whilst now feeling a bit sick myself.

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    I used to to work with a couple of guys on Saturdays, who would genuinely have the shakes if they hadn’t put a few lines on first thing. They’d be hopping around asking when they could get a break so they could run round to the bookies. This was about 15 years ago, goodness knows what they would be like now with the app and online capabilities. One in particular was very fond of crazy 11, 12, 15 match accumulators of 20 quid, usually ones where he’d have burton Albion to win at Stamford bridge, and Alloa to win at parkhead. He’d never take a telling about why the potential winnings were so high.
    His payout would hit the limit. A real peeve of mines ia bookies taking bets off mugs who would reach the limit with a lot less than their stake. The guy who backed 5 winners at Cheltenham a few years ago only had to put less than a 1/3 of his stake to win a million but they still took his £50.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Children being sick.

I know she can't help it but my bairn just produced some foul smelling ooze that looked exactly like the partially digested lasagne it was. As I was cleaning it she was screaming and shaking so chunks where flying everywhere.

She's bow dozing away quite content whilst I have just finished stripping sheets, wiping the carpet, putting a wash on and rinaing the bath all whilst now feeling a bit sick myself.
    Theres one night that will haunt me forever. Ill spare the details but four kids and two adults vomited so much we all ended up in one bed sleeping on a bare mattress with towels for blankets and a bath full of vomity bedding waiting for me in the morning.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Cher!! How does she think she can sing ABBA songs, really???
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Children being sick.

Yup, I can clean up ***** all day long if needs be and as minging as it is i can look past it and just get the job done (thankfully not been an issue for quite some time and shouldn't be again). I am utterly pathetic when it comes to sick though, i can't deal with it.

I go and grab the towels, cleaning product and kitchen roll for the wife though so i'm not completely useless.

Left by mutual consent!
    "Happy Christmas"

@hibs.net private member
    Bin bags as thin as tissue paper.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Yellow 'paving stones' on paths ... What's wrong with just fixing the bump/hole whatever?

The council now a days seem to come along and just nail a fibreglass board over it then leave it for months!!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Being charged almost a fiver for a pint in a famous city centre bar and then the head is too big. Request to top up elicits only surly compliance.

No wonder Wetherspoons are making a fortune. Hopefully all city centre pubs will be run by them in years to come.

First Team Breakthrough
    Folk on mopeds who weave through queued traffic at traffic lights and then position themselves directly in front of the car at the front.
    We then have to crawl along when the lights change as their 2 stroke engine takes an age to get up to speed.

3pts away from home - i'm a happy glory hunter. jonty's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jonty Wii Code: 7580 5998 4272 1376
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. S View Post
    Me too, full camera crew and lighting. Might even be a director just to make sure the wee man gets a starring role and of course he will sort the ticket queue out no bother
    nae need

all on dash cam

'Mad Friday'.

Passed a guy tonight throwing up in the gutter, bottle of beer in hand and his tie wrapped round his head whilst 2 other buffoons guffawed in the background. They then challenged a young guy on his own to a 'square go mate'.

Cretins.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

'Mad Friday'.

Passed a guy tonight throwing up in the gutter, bottle of beer in hand and his tie wrapped round his head whilst 2 other buffoons guffawed in the background. They then challenged a young guy on his own to a 'square go mate'.

Cretins.
    That's what happens when folk go out once a year, was it a novelty tie. 😒

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    That's what happens when folk go out once a year, was it a novelty tie. 😒
    Suprisingly not.

It's total amateur hour. I hated December when I worked in pubs.

'Pint of Tennents please'
    '£3.60'
    'Oh and a gin and tonic'
    £7.40'
    'And a large red'
    'Anything else?'
    'Oh yes, a pint of Guinness'

Just give me the whole order at once. Then you'd have to watch the farce of them carrying the drinks 2 by 2 across a busy pub.

The other classic was when we used to pour one of the regulars, who sat in the pub at the bar for about 4 hours every night, a Best when he was ready;

'Why's he getting served first'
    'He's not, I'm pouring his whilst I serve you'
    'Why?'
    'Because he'll still be here in January, he doesn't ask stupid questions, he usually buys me a pint before he leaves and he'll keep me in a job when you are back on your couch with a bottle from your Majestic case trying in vain to tenpt your intolerable wife inot missionary sex for 15 seconds'.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Jogging bottoms, bought a comfy Nike pair for bumming about the house without realising they are all skinny fit these days. They fit everywhere except tight around my calfs, I feel like I’ve got calf’s like Roberto Carlos!

'Mad Friday'.

Cretins.
    I was night shift last night. 'mad' isn't really the word for it.

2 nights to go then off for Christmas thankfully.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    'Pint of Tennents please'
    '£3.60'
    'Oh and a gin and tonic'
    £7.40'
    'And a large red'
    'Anything else?'
    Yes, what flavour of crisps have you got?

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Companies sending you Merry Christmas marketing emails on the morning of the 25th.

I’m normally pretty good at unsubscribing anyway but any company that sends me one today is getting that treatment automatically.

Patents letting their kids stand, sit and lie down in shopping trolleys.

Your weans clarty shoes will be touching the surface that the next person who uses that trolley will put their food on.

Selfish ********s.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

Your weans clarty shoes will be touching the surface that the next person who uses that trolley will put their food on.

Selfish ********s.
    The food is all wrapped and pre packaged, it would have come Into far more contact with bacteria on its ravels so **** argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    The food is all wrapped and pre packaged, it would have come Into far more contact with bacteria on its ravels so **** argument.
    What about loose fruit that is in these fragile, easily rippable bags you choose? That isn't immediately immune to the dog **** that the kid has transferred to the bottom of the trolley so you could be literally handling that **** and eating it within a matter of minutes.

So naw.

First Team Breakthrough

Selfish ********s.
    I honestly had never thought of it like that.

I have been that selfish person and would like to apologise for my past behaviour.

I will now judge the parents every time I see this in the future

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonade View Post
    I honestly had never thought of it like that.

I have been that selfish person and would like to apologise for my past behaviour.

I will now judge the parents every time I see this in the future
    Supermarket trolleys contain X times more bacteria than supermarket toilet seats.

'X' is pretty 🙁

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar

Selfish ********s.
    Top tip: When you've finished your shopping, keep the nation healthy by simply rolling your trolley into the Water of Leith, so that any germs accumulated will be washed out to sea.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    Top tip: When you've finished your shopping, keep the nation healthy by simply rolling your trolley into the Water of Leith, so that any germs accumulated will be washed out to sea.
    To be consumed by fish, and enter the food chain, cod forbid
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

What about loose fruit that is in these fragile, easily rippable bags you choose? That isn't immediately immune to the dog **** that the kid has transferred to the bottom of the trolley so you could be literally handling that **** and eating it within a matter of minutes.

So naw.
    You mean the trolleys that are stored outside and open to the elements and anything that wants to land on them. You should be more worried about the kids picking up bacteria from the trolleys.

You’ll be telling me next you sanitise the checkout belt before you put your shopping on it.
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 29-12-2018 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    You mean the trolleys that are stored outside and open to the elements and anything that wants to land on them. You should be more worried about the kids picking up bacteria from the trolleys.

You’ll be telling me next you sanitise the checkout belt before you put your shopping on it.
    Checkout belts in supermarkets are sanitised regularly. Why do you think that is 🤔

First Team Breakthrough
    Checkout belts in supermarkets are sanitised regularly. Why do you think that is 🤔
    I really should stop my bairns from running on them as well .

Sanitised regularly my erse, wiped down occasionally with a spray that isn’t even left on long enough contact time to actually sanitise. Following good hygiene practices at home once you actually prepare and before you eat food will serve you far better than worrying about a trolley.