hibs.net Messageboard

Page 226 of 229 FirstFirst ... 126176216224225226227228 ... LastLast
Results 6,751 to 6,780 of 6862

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

  1. #6751
    @hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    37
    Posts
    21,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Another social media one:

    People who state their education was at 'the university or life' or 'the school of hard knocks'.

    Profile is almost certain to contain a post/tweet/picture etc with some vague 'common sense' political sentiment; 'This country should be looking after are homeless shoulders and veterinarians rather than giving free benefits to Eskimos and EU immigrants from Somalia. Share if you agree.' Or 'If you don't wear a Poppy then go back to your own country. This country respects freedom and the human rights our boys fought for in WWI #rmembering 1924-1958'.
    The social media thing I canít get my head round now is girls that claim their profession is an Instagram influencer? What? Thatís not a job.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #6752
    @hibs.net private member goosano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    60
    Posts
    1,428
    I go to a gym 3 times a week and what annoys me are,especially at busy times, the throbbers who sit on the individual stations, usually with enormous headphones on texting away for minutes at a time, oblivious to the fact that there are usually one or two people waiting to use the apparatus.

  4. #6753
    Quote Originally Posted by goosano View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I go to a gym 3 times a week and what annoys me are,especially at busy times, the throbbers who sit on the individual stations, usually with enormous headphones on texting away for minutes at a time, oblivious to the fact that there are usually one or two people waiting to use the apparatus.
    Normally the same guys who grunt and shout in a ridiculously OTT way every time they lift a weight. We get it you are super strong and amazingly stacked. Everyone is indeed looking at you but not for the reason you think.

  5. #6754
    @hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    27
    Posts
    9,458
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The social media thing I canít get my head round now is girls that claim their profession is an Instagram influencer? What? Thatís not a job.
    To be fair, social media influencer is a "job" in a sense. I can't speak for the girls you've been looking at, but if people have enough followers and get paid for their social media influencing then I dont see an issue with it.
    Mon the Hibs.

  6. #6755
    Coaching Staff Jones28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Airth
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,329
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Another social media one:

    People who state their education was at 'the university of life' or 'the school of hard knocks'.

    Profile is almost certain to contain a post/tweet/picture etc with some vague 'common sense' political sentiment; 'This country should be looking after are homeless shoulders and veterinarians rather than giving free benefits to Eskimos and EU immigrants from Somalia. Share if you agree.' Or 'If you don't wear a Poppy then go back to your own country. This country respects freedom and the human rights our boys fought for in WWI #remembering1924-1958'.
    Every single time 😂

  7. #6756
    Coaching Staff Jones28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Airth
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,329
    Quote Originally Posted by goosano View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I go to a gym 3 times a week and what annoys me are,especially at busy times, the throbbers who sit on the individual stations, usually with enormous headphones on texting away for minutes at a time, oblivious to the fact that there are usually one or two people waiting to use the apparatus.
    Another gym one - twats that don't have the decency to unload their weights from the equipment they're using. So often you see someone come along and have to spend time unloading the leg press because muscles Malloy couldn't be arsed,

  8. #6757
    @hibs.net private member McD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Livingston
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,258
    Quote Originally Posted by goosano View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I go to a gym 3 times a week and what annoys me are,especially at busy times, the throbbers who sit on the individual stations, usually with enormous headphones on texting away for minutes at a time, oblivious to the fact that there are usually one or two people waiting to use the apparatus.

    I used to work beside a fella who was right into his physique, used to go into these competitions where they wear budgie smugglers and lathered in fake tan, and pose.

    I went to the same gym as him for a while, youíd often see him and his body building mates, 7 or 8 of them, gathered around a bench press, blethering like an old wives knitting club, and every now and then one of them would get down, bench a large weight, once, to be met with a cheer and big slaps on the back. Then another 10 to 20 minutes gossiping, and then repeat. The rest of the gym users alternated between getting pissed off waiting to use the bench, or sniggering at how comical it was watching a bunch of ripped, over-muscled hulks standing around talking about nonsense

  9. #6758
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Profile is almost certain to contain a post/tweet/picture etc with some vague 'common sense' political sentiment; 'This country should be looking after are homeless shoulders and veterinarians rather than giving free benefits to Eskimos and EU immigrants from Somalia. Share if you agree.' Or 'If you don't wear a Poppy then go back to your own country. This country respects freedom and the human rights our boys fought for in WWI #remembering1924-1958'.

  10. #6759
    @hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    West Upper
    Age
    34
    Posts
    23,842
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Another social media one:

    People who state their education was at 'the university of life' or 'the school of hard knocks'.

    Profile is almost certain to contain a post/tweet/picture etc with some vague 'common sense' political sentiment; 'This country should be looking after are homeless shoulders and veterinarians rather than giving free benefits to Eskimos and EU immigrants from Somalia. Share if you agree.' Or 'If you don't wear a Poppy then go back to your own country. This country respects freedom and the human rights our boys fought for in WWI #remembering1924-1958'.

    'Works at' Full Time Mummy. **** off!!
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

  11. #6760
    @hibs.net private member My_Wife_Camille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,835
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To be fair, social media influencer is a "job" in a sense. I can't speak for the girls you've been looking at, but if people have enough followers and get paid for their social media influencing then I dont see an issue with it.
    Yep, I know someone who quit her job as an air hostess about a year or so back because she was making more money from instagram.

    No idea how sustainable it is and I'm sure there are loads of wannabe's who are making no money from it saying the same but for some people it's definitely their job.

  12. #6761
    @hibs.net private member calumhibee1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    8,461
    Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep, I know someone who quit her job as an air hostess about a year or so back because she was making more money from instagram.

    No idea how sustainable it is and I'm sure there are loads of wannabe's who are making no money from it saying the same but for some people it's definitely their job.
    I donít know if a Youtuber falls under the social media influencer umbrella but some of them make outrageous amounts of money.

  13. #6762
    Coaching Staff Smartie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    9,955
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I donít know if a Youtuber falls under the social media influencer umbrella but some of them make outrageous amounts of money.
    Every parent I have spoken to recently about what their child wants to be when they grow up has said "Youtuber".

    I didn't even know it was a thing until very recently.

  14. #6763
    @hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    52
    Posts
    18,494
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Every parent I have spoken to recently about what their child wants to be when they grow up has said "Youtuber".

    I didn't even know it was a thing until very recently.
    One of my teenage nieces came out with that at the weekend.

    She'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

  15. #6764
    @hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Spinning a Yarn
    Posts
    13,543
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I donít know if a Youtuber falls under the social media influencer umbrella but some of them make outrageous amounts of money.
    There's a YouTube podcast I watch, a husband and wife who are Australian and live in Germany, and he has given up his full time job to join his wife to produce the podcast as their full-time employment. They earn enough through Patrion subscriptions to do this.
    #Persevered
    Scotland can be a beacon, within these islands and beyond, for a socially just and sustainable society. Whilst there are many priorities which will require independence, there is also much that can and must be done now by the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government.

  16. #6765
    @hibs.net private member calumhibee1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    8,461
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's a YouTube podcast I watch, a husband and wife who are Australian and live in Germany, and he has given up his full time job to join his wife to produce the podcast as their full-time employment. They earn enough through Patrion subscriptions to do this.
    I watched a guy cooking on a live stream on YouTube. The amount of $20+ donations that he received during it was mental as they popped up on your screen. He must have earned around $5k in donations and then whatever YouTube pay him which will probably eclipse that by quite some distance.

  17. #6766
    If you have a steady stream of around 30k views on your youtube videos you can make about £12k a year through advertising etc if you upload a new video every week. Millions vying for the same viewers, not as easy or simple as it sounds.

  18. #6767
    @hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    12,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One of my teenage nieces came out with that at the weekend.

    She'll be fine once the swelling goes down.
    Wrong but right
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

  19. #6768
    @hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,014
    When your daughter starts teething. Sheís brilliant, happy and low maintenance, all things considered, but itís been a tough couple of days 🙁

  20. #6769
    when folk are out walking their dug and it runs up to you and starts sniffing about ur baws, jumping up in your face etc regular devil dug patter, to then be greeted with the phrase ďheís just playing donít worry he wonít biteĒ

    why is it just expected that everyone likes dogs? i donít care if he bites or not i donít want to be near the thing

  21. #6770
    Coaching Staff heretoday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Corstorphine
    Posts
    11,327
    Quote Originally Posted by ErinGoBraghHFC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    when folk are out walking their dug and it runs up to you and starts sniffing about ur baws, jumping up in your face etc regular devil dug patter, to then be greeted with the phrase ďheís just playing donít worry he wonít biteĒ

    why is it just expected that everyone likes dogs? i donít care if he bites or not i donít want to be near the thing
    Some folk don't know how to keep a dog in line.

    Stupid folk, like.

  22. #6771
    Administrator matty_f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    41
    Posts
    38,255
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Recruiters who contact you about a job, ask if you want more info and then when you say you do, you never hear from them again.

    What's the point in that? Just don't bother contacting me in the first place- it's not even as if I'm actively looking for a change. Just a total waste of everyone's time.

  23. #6772
    Testimonial Due Just Jimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Manchester
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,216
    Quote Originally Posted by ErinGoBraghHFC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    when folk are out walking their dug and it runs up to you and starts sniffing about ur baws, jumping up in your face etc regular devil dug patter, to then be greeted with the phrase ďheís just playing donít worry he wonít biteĒ

    why is it just expected that everyone likes dogs? i donít care if he bites or not i donít want to be near the thing
    why are you walking around with your baws out?

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

  24. #6773
    Coaching Staff hfc rd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Age
    27
    Posts
    7,287
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: RD4138MU
    Quote Originally Posted by goosano View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I go to a gym 3 times a week and what annoys me are,especially at busy times, the throbbers who sit on the individual stations, usually with enormous headphones on texting away for minutes at a time, oblivious to the fact that there are usually one or two people waiting to use the apparatus.

    Yep, I really hate that too. Especially when you approach them and politely ask how long are they going to be? The response that they give you is theyíve only just started their set. You could have finished your set if you hadnít been playing on your phone or staring into space all that time!

    Another gym hate that I have that happens all the time in my gym, despite there being visible signs around the place asking members not to do it, is when folk hog 2-3 work stations all at once which prevents other members from using it!

  25. #6774
    @hibs.net private member Jim44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    72
    Posts
    16,600
    Blog Entries
    1
    People, such as politicians who, when being interviewed or discussing issues, insist on continually addressing their interviewer or questioner by their Christian name. Itís cringeworthy, insincere and patronising.

  26. #6775
    @hibs.net private member calumhibee1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    8,461
    Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep, I really hate that too. Especially when you approach them and politely ask how long are they going to be? The response that they give you is theyíve only just started their set. You could have finished your set if you hadnít been playing on your phone or staring into space all that time!

    Another gym hate that I have that happens all the time in my gym, despite there being visible signs around the place asking members not to do it, is when folk hog 2-3 work stations all at once which prevents other members from using it!
    My pet peeve at the gym is folk that use the facilities around the pool area without showering despite there being about 4 signs on the way to the pool from the changing rooms telling you to shower. Then the jacuzzi gets closed, the gym blames it on folk not showering, gets fixed, closed again less than a week later near enough every time and we just keep on going round in circles.

  27. #6776
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    9,390
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My pet peeve at the gym is folk that use the facilities around the pool area without showering despite there being about 4 signs on the way to the pool from the changing rooms telling you to shower. Then the jacuzzi gets closed, the gym blames it on folk not showering, gets fixed, closed again less than a week later near enough every time and we just keep on going round in circles.
    Daft question but why does people not showering cause a jacuzzi to be closed?

  28. #6777
    @hibs.net private member Silent Boatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    51
    Posts
    17,895
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Daft question but why does people not showering cause a jacuzzi to be closed?
    Warm water opens the pores of the body. The dirt, oil, and microscopic particles lurking within come out and could pass into the open pores of the other bathers. ďIt can lead to a lot of superficial skin infections,. ďYou donít really see that in colder water.Ē This is one reason, people really should shower before getting in the hot tub. It flushes out the pores.

    Hot tubs are frequent transfer stations for bacteria. Pseudomonas aeruginosa, a common bacterial infection, is so strongly associated with tubs their main symptom has been dubbed ďhot tub rash.Ē Those afflicted experience inflammation, itching, and pus-filled blisters around hair follicles, particularly on areas of the body that were covered by a swimsuit and hence absorb a lot of hot tub water.

    Hot tubes are regularly sampled for bacteria levels and subsequently closed if levels are high and dosing is required to clean it.
    Last edited by Silent Boatman; 20-06-2019 at 06:36 AM.

  29. #6778
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    9,390
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Boatman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Warm water opens the pores of the body. The dirt, oil, and microscopic particles lurking within come out and could pass into the open pores of the other bathers. ďIt can lead to a lot of superficial skin infections,. ďYou donít really see that in colder water.Ē This is one reason, people really should shower before getting in the hot tub. It flushes out the pores.

    Hot tubs are frequent transfer stations for bacteria. Pseudomonas aeruginosa, a common bacterial infection, is so strongly associated with tubs their main symptom has been dubbed ďhot tub rash.Ē Those afflicted experience inflammation, itching, and pus-filled blisters around hair follicles, particularly on areas of the body that were covered by a swimsuit and hence absorb a lot of hot tub water.

    Hot tubes are regularly sampled for bacteria levels and subsequently closed if levels are high and dosing is required to clean it.
    Never using a jacuzzi again

  30. #6779
    @hibs.net private member calumhibee1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    8,461
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Daft question but why does people not showering cause a jacuzzi to be closed?
    I was about to say I have no idea but thereís your answer. Iím also unsure of going back in it now 🤮

  31. #6780
    @hibs.net private member Jim44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    72
    Posts
    16,600
    Blog Entries
    1
    Just started watching Andy Murray in his doubles match at Queens. Canít believe the amount of fist bumping going on between both pairs at every point, whether the point has been won or lost. I know itís not a new thing but it used to be common only when winning a point. Theyíll soon be hugging and kissing each other between points before you know it.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved