hibs.net Messageboard

Page 302 of 427 FirstFirst ... 202252292300301302303304312352402 ... LastLast
Results 9,031 to 9,060 of 12789

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On the subject of private adverts, wildly over optimistic adverts.

The first is pricing. I buy old bangers of cars as I don’t like modern cars, but the amount of times you’ll see a 100k mile Corsa or Fiesta, fifteen years old in terrible condition and they’re asking over a grand for it is amazing.

Similarly “in amazing condition with no issues” for an old high mileage car is just not honest. There will always be something and if you mention it then you’re not wasting anybodies time. Usually accompanied by “no time wasters”.
    OK. From the other thread, 73k mileage 7 years old body work needs a bit of attention Renault captur diesel nav plus.

FSH MOT etc 😉
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Folk on Facebook Marketplace. I’ve been listing bits of furniture over the past couple of weeks prior to my house move next weekend. I’ve lost count of the number of messages I’ve had where it has gone:

Potential buyer: Hi, is this still available?
    Me: Yes, it is.

Then absolutely nothing after that.
    I’m never selling anything on that site again. Murder.

I was selling my boys old PS4. I saw there was a few on for £100-110 so I thought I’d just put his on at £90 to get rid of it quickly.

Agreed a price, guy double checked the price, called me to check the price while he was at the cash machine....

Gave me £80 and hoped I wouldn’t notice, called him out on it and he started trying to negotiate me selling it for £80. Told him to get to **** and he hung about outside my house periodically increasing his offer by a pound or so at a time.

Ended up turning into a point of principe snd argued with the boy in the street for the sake of a pound or two.

I might be the dick there but the way the guy went about it really annoyed me.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Restaurant no shows, the Italian restaurant next to us had two no shows tonight, one group of twelve and one table for two. Times are hard enough without erseholes making reservations and not turning up, all it takes is a phone call to cancel.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post

I was selling my boys old PS4. I saw there was a few on for £100-110 so I thought I’d just put his on at £90 to get rid of it quickly.

Agreed a price, guy double checked the price, called me to check the price while he was at the cash machine....

Gave me £80 and hoped I wouldn’t notice, called him out on it and he started trying to negotiate me selling it for £80. Told him to get to **** and he hung about outside my house periodically increasing his offer by a pound or so at a time.

Ended up turning into a point of principe snd argued with the boy in the street for the sake of a pound or two.

You're not the dick there.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Restaurant no shows, the Italian restaurant next to us had two no shows tonight, one group of twelve and one table for two. Times are hard enough without erseholes making reservations and not turning up, all it takes is a phone call to cancel.
    There's no excuse for that. I even call if we're going to be late.

Prior to things going tits up with Covid, a lot of restaurants here were starting to take deposits when you booked, especially during peak periods. Some folk were in uproar but I don't see the problem.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    There's no excuse for that. I even call if we're going to be late.

Prior to things going tits up with Covid, a lot of restaurants here were starting to take deposits when you booked, especially during peak periods. Some folk were in uproar but I don't see the problem.
    In Fife some tour groups looking after VIP clients would book two or three places for lunch, dinner and for activities and give their clients the choice just before going there, no showing the other places. Completely ****my behaviour.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

You were quite right. Happened to me a few times on Gumtree, won't use it again for that reason. Happened to me once with a good quality oak dining table, bloke was a landlord, tried to haggle, didn't want to deal in cash. I ended up giving it to my neighbour who had just moved o Edinburgh and was saving for a deposit for a house. I'd rather give my stuff away than have my time wasted by really obvious chancers (not all are, but too many for my liking).

Quote Originally Posted by Santa Cruz View Post
    You were quite right. Happened to me a few times on Gumtree, won't use it again for that reason. Happened to me once with a good quality oak dining table, bloke was a landlord, tried to haggle, didn't want to deal in cash. I ended up giving it to my neighbour who had just moved o Edinburgh and was saving for a deposit for a house. I'd rather give my stuff away than have my time wasted by really obvious chancers (not all are, but too many for my liking).
    I tried giving away a fire surround and the hassle was incredible. People asking ludicrous questions, wanting it delivered, someone arrived in a ****ing Micra and wasn’t happy that I hadn’t put in the advert that they’d need a bigger vehicle to collect.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

“Accepting mediocrity”.

I accept the fact we lost today, that I can’t change that and am now having a lovely evening.

Some people to think that they need to be perma-angry if something doesn’t go their way and I cannot begin to understand what life with that mindset must be like.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    “Accepting mediocrity”.

I accept the fact we lost today, that I can’t change that and am now having a lovely evening.

Some people to think that they need to be perma-angry if something doesn’t go their way and I cannot begin to understand what life with that mindset must be like.
    I'm not a fan of the phrase you refer to but that there are posters on here who have hardly said a bad word about Hibs in years but are angry tonight and rightly so. Genuinely glad you are having a lovely evening, I'm miserable and still raging.

I had a very similar experience with a guy who'd agreed to buy a drinks cabinet for £100. Turned up and offered £80 with no explanation for the drop. It was prob worth £200 so told him we'd agreed £100. He then handed me £90 without acknowledging it was £10 short.

We ended up arguing with him trying to give me an extra tenner and me trying to give him his £90 back as I'd decided not to sell to him. He ended up offering £120 but I still told him no on principle. It was totally cutting off my nose to spite my face and my wife was raging, but I don't regret it. Ended up selling for £60 to a really nice older couple.

Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    We ended up arguing with him trying to give me an extra tenner and me trying to give him his £90 back as I'd decided not to sell to him. He ended up offering £120 but I still told him no on principle. It was totally cutting off my nose to spite my face and my wife was raging, but I don't regret it. Ended up selling for £60 to a really nice older couple.
    Well done.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Janey Godley. She’s on Have I Got News For You now. Holy **** she’s the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    I got rounded on by the women in my office for saying this the other day. They all love her and think her Sturgeon voice over things are comedy genius. I got called all sorts for standing by my point.

She's pish and about as funny as a boot in the baws with steel toe capped boots. That's nothing to do with her being a woman either, as was insinuated in my work. There are loads of funny women, she just isn't one of them.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I got rounded on by the women in my office for saying this the other day. They all love her and think her Sturgeon voice over things are comedy genius. I got called all sorts for standing by my point.

She's pish and about as funny as a boot in the baws with steel toe capped boots. That's nothing to do with her being a woman either, as was insinuated in my work. There are loads of funny women, she just isn't one of them.
    I found her Sturgeon things funny enough the first couple of times I heard them but it wears thin pretty quickly.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

I saw her one woman stand up show a few years ago and she can be very funny, but I can understand people not taking to her if they only see what is on TV.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member
    Just watched it. She was awful. I think she has her funny moments in a couple of her wee videos but that was cringeworthy I dont know if it was anti English but defo pro scottish and I think the others were fed up with her too. The whole of scotland? Dont think so.

Quote Originally Posted by J.S View Post
    Just watched it. She was awful. I think she has her funny moments in a couple of her wee videos but that was cringeworthy I dont know if it was anti English but defo pro scottish and I think the others were fed up with her too. The whole of scotland? Dont think so.
    Agree. The first video was funny, she's dined out on them now. I think she tried to become the spokesperson for Scotland last night to get herself trending on twitter, it's a self promotion thing.

David Mitchell on the other hand, very funny in general and good to hear him speaking out against the BBC last night, brave when they're paying your wage. His wife is brilliant when she hosts the show too.

Testimonial Due
    Blog Entries
    She was embarrassing and the excellent David Mitchell played her well by just ignoring her, which is what everyone should do.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by c31 View Post
    She was embarrassing and the excellent David Mitchell played her well by just ignoring her, which is what everyone should do.
    David Mitchell is somebody I've never really had much of an opinion on either way but he was outstanding last night

Again going back to private advertisements, “First to see will buy”. It’s fairly over confident, this was on a Ford Fiesta I travelled twelve miles to view and turned it down within five minutes of arriving as it was rusty underneath. They wanted a reasonable amount for it too.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Nursery graduation events and proms.
    WTF?
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    My girlfriend keeps the remote controls next to the TV… so you have to get up when you want to change the channel. She doesn’t get that the clue is in the name (granted not many people actually call it a remote control).

Nick Ferrari. LBC was on at work and I have to ask, what qualifies this guy to host a topical phone in show? Uncharismatic, never sounds like he’s done enough research, ill informed, arrogant nobody.

They covered a story where John Lewis are going to make maternity leave and paternity leave equal. Great news.

Started off with adding a “whatever that means” to the end of JL’s press release statement that said it would apply to employees “however they became a parent” (is adoption or surrogacy really difficult to summon up for that?), appeared to call it part of the “woke agenda”, then asking how they could do that when they’ve shut stores and made some people redundant ( as if not improving working conditions for existing employees is the answer).

He then brings on an expert who says that she thinks it’s a very positive move to which he mutters “here we go”. Through her piece all you hear is breathing, sighing, shuffling of papers and the like. Extremely rude.

No idea how this talentless fat blob gets air time.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Nick Ferrari. LBC was on at work and I have to ask, what qualifies this guy to host a topical phone in show? Uncharismatic, never sounds like he’s done enough research, ill informed, arrogant nobody.

They covered a story where John Lewis are going to make maternity leave and paternity leave equal. Great news.

Started off with adding a “whatever that means” to the end of JL’s press release statement that said it would apply to employees “however they became a parent” (is adoption or surrogacy really difficult to summon up for that?), appeared to call it part of the “woke agenda”, then asking how they could do that when they’ve shut stores and made some people redundant ( as if not improving working conditions for existing employees is the answer).

He then brings on an expert who says that she thinks it’s a very positive move to which he mutters “here we go”. Through her piece all you hear is breathing, sighing, shuffling of papers and the like. Extremely rude.

He’s a complete knob.

It’s such a shame James O’Brien is a colleague of his because I’d love to see him rip Ferrari to bits.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Ratings.

She had a few good moments in the early Sturgeon videos she did but it quickly nosedived to sub par pish to put it mildly that Glaswegians would pretend to find hilariously funny because of their need to constantly pat themselves on the back about how funny they are.

@hibs.net private member Alfiembra's Avatar
    When the music and the singing of the national anthems on tv broadcasts at the footy are out of sync. I understand why it happens but there must be some way in modern technology to get it to appear even remotely close, maybe not have close ups of the players etc while it’s happening.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfiembra View Post
    When the music and the singing of the national anthems on tv broadcasts at the footy are out of sync. I understand why it happens but there must be some way in modern technology to get it to appear even remotely close, maybe not have close ups of the players etc while it’s happening.
    Best way would be for the fans to sing it in time to the music?

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Best way would be for the fans to sing it in time to the music?
    Or not at all.......