hibs.net Messageboard

Page 318 of 428 FirstFirst ... 218268308316317318319320328368418 ... LastLast
Results 9,511 to 9,540 of 12829

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My daughters eventually learned when, instead of hanging their towels for them, I told them to do it themselves straight away. Being woken a couple of times at 6.45am during the summer holidays (but when I got up to take my shower to go to work) soon sorted them out.
    That's fantastic parenting, they'll love you for it one day.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    People who ask a question on the forum instead of getting the information from the Internet.
    Hibbyradge has just done it again on The Holy Ground

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    Extremely diplomatic that you've classed this peeve as "towels" when you actually mean "my wife".
    Ha ha, my wife AND youngest daughter to be exact. 😁

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    When a streaming service decides to drop a show and tells you the last date to watch is 29th September, and you have 40 episodes to watch!!!!
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Migraines right behind the eye that make you want to drill a hole in your head.

All these awards,emmys,globes,oscars whatever for dramas depicting the Royal family and the Queen in particular.
    Whatever your views on the monarchy, it seems callous to depict the woman and her life in a way that is not necessarily accurate. She's still alive for heavens sake!

People who share lost dog, missing children, stolen bike etc posts on social media from about 15 months ago. How do they even find these? Also a cat goes missing in Devon and someone replies to the post with 'shared Inverness'. Cats like a wander but that might be a bit extreme.

Finally the obligatory post from the 'Police' that borders on racism and is just scaremongering pish:

'Importint Police massage.

If u c 2 Polish looking men wiv Asian acsents in suparmerkat car parks b aware they r spraypainting small red spots on ur car. This is a massage 2 udder peedos that u have kids and they will follow u and target ur house in futyur. This massage is direkt from the cheef constible of Midlands Police, we r very wurried'
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    People who share lost dog, missing children, stolen bike etc posts on social media from about 15 months ago. How do they even find these? Also a cat goes missing in Devon and someone replies to the post with 'shared Inverness'. Cats like a wander but that might be a bit extreme.
    When I lived in grangemouth, near the docks, one of our cats went missing for 6 months, we reckon he hitched a ride on a boat.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

Finally the obligatory post from the 'Police' that borders on racism and is just scaremongering pish:

'Importint Police massage.

If u c 2 Polish looking men wiv Asian acsents in suparmerkat car parks b aware they r spraypainting small red spots on ur car. This is a massage 2 udder peedos that u have kids and they will follow u and target ur house in futyur. This massage is direkt from the cheef constible of Midlands Police, we r very wurried'

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    People who smoke at bus stops. Completely selfish.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Getting wound up by random people or debates online.

I use a forum for foreigners in Argentina and last night ended up in a debate on Argentine politics with an American, sitting there furious waiting for his response and then I thought to myself "why in the blue hell am I wasting my time on this?".

Profile swiftly deleted.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    When random people let onto you when you're walking round Tesco and you have no idea who they are...
    Last edited by Hermit Crab; 26-09-2021 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Massively misinterpreted typo
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    When random people let into you when you're walking round Tesco and you have no idea who they are...
    Sorry but what does that mean?

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Sorry but what does that mean?

Lol, typo, let on to you, as in say awrite to you.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Ah OK...never happened to me!

I just thought you were extremely promiscuous.

@hibs.net private member
    The amount of favours it takes to repay someone else’s favour.

I moved into a new house around 18months ago where my father in law helped out a bit, now despite his 2 grown sons I’m first point of call to help when he needs it, it’s almost at the stage where one of his favours are worth 20 of mine as I keep getting the ‘he helped is remember’ off the mrs if I dare moan, I’m quite happy to help out normally but when you have other things to cram into a weekend and your aware the sons are kicking about doing next to nothing it’s infuriating

Quote Originally Posted by Dmas View Post

I moved into a new house around 18months ago where my father in law helped out a bit, now despite his 2 grown sons I’m first point of call to help when he needs it, it’s almost at the stage where one of his favours are worth 20 of mine as I keep getting the ‘he helped is remember’ off the mrs if I dare moan, I’m quite happy to help out normally but when you have other things to cram into a weekend and your aware the sons are kicking about doing next to nothing it’s infuriating
    See it in a positive light, maybe he trusts you more than his own sons or wants to spend time with you, or a combination of both.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmas View Post

That sounds like your pet peeve is actually your Mrs.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Exes who out of the blue end a relationship, make it clear they want a divorce then do bugger all to actually make that happen so I have to do all the work, getting a solicitor to draft a separation agreement - sent to her. No response for weeks. She eventually appoints a solicitor, again no response for weeks.

Eventually gets finalised, she pisses around at getting the house sold but eventually that gets done so we can progress to the actual divorce (stipulation of the separation agreement - house sold > funds received > loose ends tied up > divorce application > no contest > divorced). She pisses around with the loose ends.

I get the solicitor to put in the divorce application a couple of months ago. Solicitor outlines it normally takes a few weeks but the courts are running slow. Never heard anything.

Solicitor then calls yesterday. The courts can’t get a hold of her - she’s not responding to any of their correspondence and they’ve been trying for two months. Next step sheriff officers at my expense unless I can get something out of her in terms of why there’s been no response I try and contact her, leave a message asking if she’s moved house or if she’s received anything and explain the seriousness. No reply.

For someone who was so keen to get divorced 3.5 years ago, she doesn’t seem to be in a rush to get this done. Doing my head in that I have to do all the running around.

Rant over.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Exes who out of the blue end a relationship, make it clear they want a divorce then do bugger all to actually make that happen so I have to do all the work, getting a solicitor to draft a separation agreement - sent to her. No response for weeks. She eventually appoints a solicitor, again no response for weeks.

Eventually gets finalised, she pisses around at getting the house sold but eventually that gets done so we can progress to the actual divorce (stipulation of the separation agreement - house sold > funds received > loose ends tied up > divorce application > no contest > divorced). She pisses around with the loose ends.

I get the solicitor to put in the divorce application a couple of months ago. Solicitor outlines it normally takes a few weeks but the courts are running slow. Never heard anything.

Solicitor then calls yesterday. The courts can’t get a hold of her - she’s not responding to any of their correspondence and they’ve been trying for two months. Next step sheriff officers at my expense unless I can get something out of her in terms of why there’s been no response I try and contact her, leave a message asking if she’s moved house or if she’s received anything and explain the seriousness. No reply.

For someone who was so keen to get divorced 3.5 years ago, she doesn’t seem to be in a rush to get this done. Doing my head in that I have to do all the running around.

Rant over.
    Oh mate, you were born a man. Always gonna be **** on at divorce time. Feel for you.
    Last edited by Jay; 29-09-2021 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Family friendly board . We try to keep the sweary words down

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hibby View Post
    Oh mate, you were born a man. Always gonna be **** on at divorce time. Feel for you.
    I find that really offensive and totally disagree .

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by J.S View Post
    Really? I refer you to many websites for fathers **** on after divorce. The thousands of stories from men who lost everything after divorce. I take it you have a different tale to tell. Promise I won't find it offensive ��
    Maybe you are a woman?

Edit...let me chuck in the many male suicides by fathers refused access to their children or financially ruined by CSA
    Last edited by Bangkok Hibby; 29-09-2021 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Rant over.
    You have my sympathies, I went through something similar when an ex just disappeared for a year and a half after saying she wanted a divorce.

Thankfully in the end everything went through calmly but it was something that could have been wrapped up in a year but needed almost 3 years to complete in the end.

I'm getting married again later this year ("DON'T DO IT!!!"I hear you scream ) so life has it's way of working out in the end

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudSquall View Post
    You have my sympathies, I went through something similar when an ex just disappeared for a year and a half after saying she wanted a divorce.

Thankfully in the end everything went through calmly but it was something that could have been wrapped up in a year but needed almost 3 years to complete in the end.

I'm getting married again later this year ("DON'T DO IT!!!"I hear you scream ) so life has it's way of working out in the end
    Of course it does. Go for it and be happy. I'm on my third but the big plus point for me is she's not British

Haha not trolling. I mean it.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudSquall View Post

That’s what I don’t get - we’ve both moved on. I’ve bought a house with my new partner. She’s with someone new. You would think she would just get stuff done to get it sorted. So frustrating that it always seems to be me that has to do the donkey work.

Tempted to give her work address for the sheriff officers to rock up to

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J.S View Post
    Snap.
    Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 29-09-2021 at 04:40 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Snap.
    Explain...do you really think men don't come out worst from divorce cases?

People who waste energy on being offended. Who cares!

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hibby View Post
    Explain...do you really think men don't come out worst from divorce cases?
    The expression you used was "Always gonna be **** on at divorce time".

No, I don't agree.

As with a lot of things like this, we can only base our opinion on experience and anecdotal evidence. You have a 2/2 hit rate, which drives yours. In my experience, there is just as much "****ting on" female spouses (there are websites which claim that) and, increasingly, situations where spouses are consensual and adult about the whole thing. The latter situation is one that there are no websites for, because it's not news.

And then there's what drives the divorce; they don't happen for no reason. Bad marriage behaviour is not restricted to any particular gender or sexuality, but sometimes, if a spouse is "**** on", it's because they deserve to be so.

Like many things relationship-wise, there are always 3 sides to the story. Each partner's, and the truth.