hibs.net Messageboard

Page 317 of 427 FirstFirst ... 217267307315316317318319327367417 ... LastLast
Results 9,481 to 9,510 of 12806

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm sure there's a reason for it but packaging that has 'for best before see.....'

Or you could have just printed it here.
    It may not always be the case, but in some instances it's because the language on the packaging will change but the date stamp stays the same.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    TV Adverts for upcoming programs. Every break for 6 weeks before the program starts. Then every break with a "continue watching " tag once it's broadcast. E4's Holden Girls being the current worst. Side peeve, if it's not a mocumentary then we have jumped the shark based on these ads.

Neighbours (especially those in apartments) who start DIY projects without giving you a heads up.

Left by mutual consent!
    Kevin Nisbet....signed for us July 2020, rumours/talk about him from the previous January transfer window. Mentioned many hundreds of times on here and elsewhere and people STILL can't make the effort to spell his name properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hibby View Post
    Kevin Nisbet....signed for us July 2020, rumours/talk about him from the previous January transfer window. Mentioned many hundreds of times on here and elsewhere and people STILL can't make the effort to spell his name properly.
    Typical nibs.net!

(That wasn't mine - I stole it! )

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Typical nibs.net!

(That wasn't mine - I stole it! )
    😂😂😂👍🏻

Left by mutual consent!
    Any photographers amongst us? what's your views on some of the poetic, arty, plain gobbledegook text that accompanies photos on FB, Instagram etc?
    For me its utter pretentious nonsense which only serves to detract from the photo.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Dog poo. Just been downstairs to get a cup of coffee but hadn’t noticed that my girlfriend had stood in dog poo on her morning walk (she hadn’t realised) and dragged all through the house. I didn’t initially notice it (as we have brown wood flooring) and I was in my bare feet. Just had to wash my feet and now my coffee is cold!

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Orders that never turn up. My infrared sensor on my smart TV was broken so I ordered a new sensor. My TV has been lying on my workbench in the cellar for 6 weeks now and after several emails to the company where I placed and paid for the order, I've just been told they don't have the spare part to deliver it. ****ing fuming.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Shop staff who tell you they don’t have a particular product and have never stocked it, this is then backed up by a supervisor who tells you they have never stocked it. Adamant that I have seen it on their shelves previously I look myself one more time and find the empty space on the shelving complete with shelf edge ticket, they do sell it!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Dog poo. Just been downstairs to get a cup of coffee but hadn’t noticed that my girlfriend had stood in dog poo on her morning walk (she hadn’t realised) and dragged all through the house. I didn’t initially notice it (as we have brown wood flooring) and I was in my bare feet. Just had to wash my feet and now my coffee is cold!
    You should have just washed your feet with water instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Shop staff who tell you they don’t have a particular product and have never stocked it, this is then backed up by a supervisor who tells you they have never stocked it. Adamant that I have seen it on their shelves previously I look myself one more time and find the empty space on the shelving complete with shelf edge ticket, they do sell it!!!!!!
    Lazy staff backed up by incompetent management been going on as long as I can remember. Take them to where it should be and they'll shrug their shoulders muttering something to try and baffle you with their superior knowledge of the art of not filling shelves.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Rip off retailers.

You used to get 6 pickled eggs in a jar for £2 in tescos pre lockdown. Post lockdown its now only 5 eggs in a jar but the price has shot up to £2.50 for 5 pickled eggs. **** off, robbing gits
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Greedy petrol stations, unfortunately my mk4 golf has to use super unleaded, went to put fuel in and the garage wanted £1.57 a litre, sane petrol at Craigleith is £1.38.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Those Sumup adverts. Oooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh. **** off, twats.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Rip off retailers.

You used to get 6 pickled eggs in a jar for £2 in tescos pre lockdown. Post lockdown its now only 5 eggs in a jar but the price has shot up to £2.50 for 5 pickled eggs. **** off, robbing gits
    Are the eggs bigger?

I've probably said it before, but posters using pejorative nicknames for people they're posting about (usually politicians on the Holy Ground).

Irrespective of the actual politics, it makes me stop reading their post instantly. At best it's immature; at worst it's trolling, "look at me" type behaviour that makes me think the post won't contain anything objective or insightful.

Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    I've probably said it before, but posters using pejorative nicknames for people they're posting about (usually politicians on the Holy Ground).

Irrespective of the actual politics, it makes me stop reading their post instantly. At best it's immature; at worst it's trolling, "look at me" type behaviour that makes me think the post won't contain anything objective or insightful.
    I wouldn't mind as much if the nicknames were somewhat witty. Wee Nippy, Bozo etc is just chronic though.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    People who ask a question on the forum instead of getting the information from the Internet.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    People who ask a question on the forum instead of getting the information from the Internet.
    I once took Hibbyradge to task over this and he said that he trusted the views of .netters far more than random websites

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    I once took Hibbyradge to task over this and he said that he trusted the views of .netters far more than random websites
    What an idiot.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    I was thinking more of the official website for places that were being asked about. 🤔👍

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    I was thinking more of the official website for places that were being asked about. 🤔👍
    Yeah....I think he just wanted a blether actually

Not that I want to be Mcglashan about this, but the accent of the guy that does the Hibees Buzz.

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    Towels - Went into the bathroom earlier to find 6 different towels lying either on the floor or in the bath, aye they're gonna dry there right enough! Thank goodness my oldest daughter has just moved out otherwise there would have been about 10 of them.

Quote Originally Posted by AFKA5814_Hibs View Post
    Towels - Went into the bathroom earlier to find 6 different towels lying either on the floor or in the bath, aye they're gonna dry there right enough! Thank goodness my oldest daughter has just moved out otherwise there would have been about 10 of them.
    😂

My wife and I solved the problem by having 2 bathrooms, a boy one and a girl one. Cleaned on a Monday morning top to bottom and I am always finished first, 30 minutes tops 😁

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    😂

My wife and I solved the problem by having 2 bathrooms, a boy one and a girl one. Cleaned on a Monday morning top to bottom and I am always finished first, 30 minutes tops 😁
    The downside to only having one bathroom. Apparently women are supposed to be tidier than men, well certainly not in my household.

Extremely diplomatic that you've classed this peeve as "towels" when you actually mean "my wife".

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Let me tell you it’s not just teenage girls who leave towels lying anywhere, my teenage son has a fab habit of leaving his on his bed every single morning 🤬

My daughters eventually learned when, instead of hanging their towels for them, I told them to do it themselves straight away. Being woken a couple of times at 6.45am during the summer holidays (but when I got up to take my shower to go to work) soon sorted them out.