hibs.net Messageboard

Page 223 of 223 FirstFirst ... 123173213221222223
Results 6,661 to 6,683 of 6683

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

  1. #6661
    @hibs.net private member Silent Boatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    51
    Posts
    17,597
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Abbotsford charges a hefty £4.70 for Guinness but it's the best pint in the city. The research continues!
    I concur, then again the Abbotsford has always been one of my favourite pubs.
    "If a player is not interfering with play or seeking to gain
    an advantage, then he should be."


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #6662
    @hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Spinning a Yarn
    Posts
    13,226
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Boatman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Am I just an old git who doesn’t recognise fashion or does half massed trousers with white socks and black shoes look ridiculous?
    I don't know you, but I'll give you the benefit of doubt and agree with you that you are an old git. As for the fashion you describe, yes it looks ridiculous
    #Persevered
    Scotland can be a beacon, within these islands and beyond, for a socially just and sustainable society. Whilst there are many priorities which will require independence, there is also much that can and must be done now by the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government.

  4. #6663
    Slow walkers. Particularly on busy, narrow streets.

  5. #6664
    Coaching Staff heretoday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Corstorphine
    Posts
    11,173
    Fridge freezers. Are they only meant to last three years nowadays?

  6. #6665
    @hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Bellevue
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,258
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Slow walkers. Particularly on busy, narrow streets.
    Especially groups of slow walkers. They seem to “split” ever so slightly so that they take up the whole pavement but the gaps between them are just too tight to get through.

  7. #6666
    People wearing hiking boots and using ski poles when they are in a town/city - cretins.

  8. #6667
    Ill mannered predominantly young people who stand texting whilst ignoring the shop assistant who is vying for their attention in an effort to get them the hell out of the shop so the rest of us can get on with their lives.
    Are we certain that shooting them is illegal?

  9. #6668
    Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Brandenburg
    Posts
    10,702
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyAsHellas View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ill mannered predominantly young people who stand texting whilst ignoring the shop assistant who is vying for their attention in an effort to get them the hell out of the shop so the rest of us can get on with their lives.
    Are we certain that shooting them is illegal?
    Had a guy today doing that stood next to a hospital automatic door that opens outwards on the press of a button. He eventually saw me and stepped a foot to the side thinking I wanted past him. Couldn't be arsed explaining so I pressed the button and he nearly shat himself when the door opened towards him and hit his foot.

  10. #6669
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyAsHellas View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ill mannered predominantly young people who stand texting whilst ignoring the shop assistant who is vying for their attention in an effort to get them the hell out of the shop so the rest of us can get on with their lives.
    Are we certain that shooting them is illegal?
    Absolute cretins.

    The implication is obviously that they are too important to give shop assistants and the like their full attention. I really wish people would start refusing to serve them until they showed some basic manners and decency.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

  11. #6670
    @hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    27
    Posts
    9,346
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Especially groups of slow walkers. They seem to “split” ever so slightly so that they take up the whole pavement but the gaps between them are just too tight to get through.
    I find a lot of them have an incredible ability to weave left and right as they walk to block my overtaking as well. No idea how they do it, I'd be impressed if I wasn't raging.
    Mon the Hibs.

  12. #6671
    Coaching Staff hfc rd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Age
    27
    Posts
    6,881
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: RD4138MU
    Happens at my work and it does my nut in - people that get on a lift and only use it for 1 floor. Use the stairs, you lazy b******!

  13. #6672
    Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Brandenburg
    Posts
    10,702
    Sales assistants in shops who think they're doing the customer a favour by doing their job.

  14. #6673
    People who don't understand i've only got 15 minutes to buy something to eat, consume it, make a doctors appointment, pay a bill and have my phone tucked away in my locker before going back to my 12 hour shift.

  15. #6674
    @hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    27
    Posts
    9,346
    Quote Originally Posted by Killiehibbie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People who don't understand i've only got 15 minutes to buy something to eat, consume it, make a doctors appointment, pay a bill and have my phone tucked away in my locker before going back to my 12 hour shift.
    Is that legal?
    Mon the Hibs.

  16. #6675
    Administrator matty_f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    41
    Posts
    37,834
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is that legal?
    I don't think it's an offence to not understand someone's lunchtime issues.

  17. #6676
    @hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    27
    Posts
    9,346
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think it's an offence to not understand someone's lunchtime issues.
    Mon the Hibs.

  18. #6677
    Sh*te repetitive office patter.

    Thank f**** it's Friday

  19. #6678
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is that legal?
    2 x 15 minutes and a half hour is the official line, can be stretched depending what mood gaffer is in.

  20. #6679
    @hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    27
    Posts
    9,346
    Quote Originally Posted by Killiehibbie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    2 x 15 minutes and a half hour is the official line, can be stretched depending what mood gaffer is in.
    I've looked it up and I'm amazed how little time you legally are entitled to. One 20 minute break and that's it. At least you get 3 times that I guess.
    Mon the Hibs.

  21. #6680
    Coaching Staff Jones28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Airth
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,165
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've looked it up and I'm amazed how little time you legally are entitled to. One 20 minute break and that's it. At least you get 3 times that I guess.
    I didn't actually realise how little rest you are entitled to either, I work various shifts from 8 hours to 16 or 18 depending on what's happening and I find it mind boggling that some people might be doing those hours with one break.

    KillieHibbie if it's in your employee handbook or contract you should take your entitled breaks. I know my gaffer takes off half an hour of wages automatically every day (unless you say you've not had a lunch) - if you're paid by the hour you should check what breaks are being deducted from your wage slip.

  22. #6681
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I didn't actually realise how little rest you are entitled to either, I work various shifts from 8 hours to 16 or 18 depending on what's happening and I find it mind boggling that some people might be doing those hours with one break.

    KillieHibbie if it's in your employee handbook or contract you should take your entitled breaks. I know my gaffer takes off half an hour of wages automatically every day (unless you say you've not had a lunch) - if you're paid by the hour you should check what breaks are being deducted from your wage slip.
    Always get at least the unpaid breaks i'm entitled to.

  23. #6682
    @hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Last Train to Skaville
    Age
    53
    Posts
    10,535
    Corporate mumbo jumbo. Been sent minutes of an earlier meeting where I took an action to follow up with a supplier to check that we both understand what we need to do and what we need to achieve. My action is recorded as , to reflex the future path via the appropriate resource hub to ensure an optimal mirror read back.....eh?

  24. #6683
    @hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Spinning a Yarn
    Posts
    13,226
    Unsolicited phone calls. Some dude from a call centre called me about my EE business account. Got my name and number from the Perthshire Open Studios website. First, I don't have any business phone, second I am not on EE and third why would I be interested in changing my account.
    #Persevered
    Scotland can be a beacon, within these islands and beyond, for a socially just and sustainable society. Whilst there are many priorities which will require independence, there is also much that can and must be done now by the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved