hibs.net Messageboard

Page 351 of 427 FirstFirst ... 251301341349350351352353361401 ... LastLast
Results 10,501 to 10,530 of 12792

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stick View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Then tried a specific company, not a comparison site, and they wanted my mobile number. I had already given my house tel number, but it wouldn’t let me proceed without my mobile.
    Give someone else's mobile number. Or make one up. Unless they need to call you as part of the quotation process, there's no need of them to have your number.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    Give someone else's mobile number. Or make one up. Unless they need to call you as part of the quotation process, there's no need of them to have your number.

I give the work mobile number of an ex employer . I can't imagine the number of times it has been called.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Grasses.
    Always thought it was mental that grasses get a harder time than the folk who do the crime. It’s the way it is, but it’s back to front.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Always thought it was mental that grasses get a harder time than the folk who do the crime. It’s the way it is, but it’s back to front.
    I always think there has to be a bit context.

Some ******* assaults his wife right in front of me. I'd have absolutely no issue telling the Police what I witnessed.

In the current climate if I saw someone shoplifting in a supermarket. I didn't see a thing.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

Some ******* assaults his wife right in front of me. I'd have absolutely no issue telling the Police what I witnessed.

In the current climate if I saw someone shoplifting in a supermarket. I didn't see a thing.
    Yeah, context is important.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar

I see both, I despise shoplifting.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Grasses.
    Pampas, rye ?

Men who dye their hair, why? You just look ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    That’s a good idea. I’ll look up the local Tory party office and use that.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    I keep getting accused of this and it just makes me laugh because those accusing me haven't got any hair left to dye. I'm sure some of them use polish on their heads.
    Last edited by Hibrandenburg; 11-08-2022 at 07:54 PM.

Sexist comment of the year there surely?

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmc View Post
    No really, my mate is almost 70 and defo looks 'different ' with his jet black mane of hair!

I always think men who just embrace going bald or turning grey look so much better than those who try to hide it.

I've got an increasing amount of grey hair. Every haircut sees a greater smattering of grey as it grows back in. So what? I'm approaching 40 and most men will have to deal with going bald or grey. Embrace it and find a style that suits. You can tell the difference between someone who has retained their natural colour and a dye job a mile away. It looks ridiculous 99% of the time and about as natural as Kim Kardashian.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    I always think men who just embrace going bald or turning grey look so much better than those who try to hide it.

I've got an increasing amount of grey hair. Every haircut sees a greater smattering of grey as it grows back in. So what? I'm approaching 40 and most men will have to deal with going bald or grey. Embrace it and find a style that suits. You can tell the difference between someone who has retained their natural colour and a dye job a mile away. It looks ridiculous 99% of the time and about as natural as Kim Kardashian.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar

I used to dye my hair but that was mainly for reasons associated with theatre productions versus vanity. Helps with a brother hair dresser.. . While I was always going silver, I was genuinely looking forward to getting that distinguished look. Hadnt noticed the crown receding and being baldy at the back but not front and sides Having two daughters accelerated the process.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

It's the men in their late 60's+ that do it, jeez I started going grey around 35, never bothered me one bit, if anything I wish it was more silver rather than the salt n pepper look I have.

You realise I'm a dude?

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar

It’s an interesting wee side discussion for sure.

Seems perfectly acceptable and normal for women to dye their hair anytime they want and of course many many do on a regular basis. Fancy highlights when they are younger and defo grey cover when they are older (I’d wager the vast majority of women in the 40’s and 50’s cover their grey).

But for men it’s oddly taboo. Not that I’d ever consider it really but not sure I have too much of a problem with dudes that might want to.

One thing I do agree 100% on is the balding thing. Once it gets to a certain stage then the absolute best thing to do is just shave it off. Any pretendy efforts with long thin hair trying to make up for the lack of coverage just looks gawd awful and a thousand times worse than a simple buzz cut.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Used to be a guy in my local in Liverpool nicknamed Cherry Blossom. He put black shoe polish on his whole forehead to disguise his baldness.😂

Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    It’s an interesting wee side discussion for sure.

Seems perfectly acceptable and normal for women to dye their hair anytime they want and of course many many do on a regular basis. Fancy highlights when they are younger and defo grey cover when they are older (I’d wager the vast majority of women in the 40’s and 50’s cover their grey).

But for men it’s oddly taboo. Not that I’d ever consider it really but not sure I have too much of a problem with dudes that might want to.

One thing I do agree 100% on is the balding thing. Once it gets to a certain stage then the absolute best thing to do is just shave it off. Any pretendy efforts with long thin hair trying to make up for the lack of coverage just looks gawd awful and a thousand times worse than a simple buzz cut.

I feel like I have a slightly biased position (see avatar) 😂

Shaving it all off is actually quite liberating, only downside is having to do it every few days, and when you try to take off a thermal/beanie hat it tends to stick to your head 😂

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    I feel like I have a slightly biased position (see avatar) 😂

Shaving it all off is actually quite liberating, only downside is having to do it every few days, and when you try to take off a thermal/beanie hat it tends to stick to your head 😂
    I shaved my hair off last year (the covid crew cut) last year and couldn’t believe how liberating it was.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    That certain stage maybe needs to be advertised better.
    Years ago I was in the gents at the Firkin Footlights, clocked a guy in the corner of my eye with a substantially receding hairline, I was just about to turn to him with an "alright mate" when I realised Mr five-heid was actually me 🤣
    The mirror had a 90° return so I seen a side of me I hadn't before.
    Came home that night and gave myself a #1 all over, couple of weeks later I was just bic'ing it, the scalp soon gets used to it. I wouldn't say I've ever been terribly vain but 18 years later I reckon I'm more presentable now than I was then.

You realise I'm a dude?
    😂 I kinda thought that was the case, aye.
    You realise I'm a baldy? I've been rocking the 'zero' setting on the hair clippers for at least 15 years. 👍

😂 I kinda thought that was the case, aye.
    You realise I'm a baldy? I've been rocking the 'zero' setting on the hair clippers for at least 15 years. 👍
    Much prefer guys like you that embrace their baldness, nothing worse than seeing the comb overs or the Mick Miller(comedian) look. Beards are another thing, some guys really suit them and others, well just don't, I attempted one during lockdown, with the salt n pepper hair, I just looked like an old drunk, definitely better clean shaven.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    YouTube!! I subscribe to a few channels from people with similar crafting interest as myself. Recently the number of adverts interruptions is making watching almost unwatchable.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    YouTube!! I subscribe to a few channels from people with similar crafting interest as myself. Recently the number of adverts interruptions is making watching almost unwatchable.
    Forcing people to buy premium

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    I enjoy listening to documentaries when falling asleep, I can live with the odd advert before the video resumes but some of the adverts are longer then what I’m listening to e.g 50 minutes!

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stairway 2 7 View Post
    Forcing people to buy premium
    On the contrary, forcing people to switch off. A number of the people who I watch are fully funded through Patreon so don't need or want revenue from advertising.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member
    On the contrary, forcing people to switch off. A number of the people who I watch are fully funded through Patreon so don't need or want revenue from advertising.
    It was a while ago but I'd read YouTubes adds matched netflixs whole revenue. They are here to stay unfortunately as they are annoying

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    I enjoy listening to documentaries when falling asleep, I can live with the odd advert before the video resumes but some of the adverts are longer then what I’m listening to e.g 50 minutes!
    I do the same and it’s becoming really annoying, particularly if the ad is loud, it wakes you up. I quite often listen to space videos from a guy called John Michael Godier and he has a relaxing voice. You are just nodding off when suddenly some guy starts screaming at you trying to flog a weight loss regime or get rich quick scheme

The number of ads you can’t skip after 5 seconds is increasing too.