hibs.net Messageboard

Page 226 of 425 FirstFirst ... 126176216224225226227228236276326 ... LastLast
Results 6,751 to 6,780 of 12723

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Another social media one:

People who state their education was at 'the university or life' or 'the school of hard knocks'.

Profile is almost certain to contain a post/tweet/picture etc with some vague 'common sense' political sentiment; 'This country should be looking after are homeless shoulders and veterinarians rather than giving free benefits to Eskimos and EU immigrants from Somalia. Share if you agree.' Or 'If you don't wear a Poppy then go back to your own country. This country respects freedom and the human rights our boys fought for in WWI #rmembering 1924-1958'.
    The social media thing I can’t get my head round now is girls that claim their profession is an Instagram influencer? What? That’s not a job.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member goosano's Avatar
    I go to a gym 3 times a week and what annoys me are,especially at busy times, the throbbers who sit on the individual stations, usually with enormous headphones on texting away for minutes at a time, oblivious to the fact that there are usually one or two people waiting to use the apparatus.

Quote Originally Posted by goosano View Post
    I go to a gym 3 times a week and what annoys me are,especially at busy times, the throbbers who sit on the individual stations, usually with enormous headphones on texting away for minutes at a time, oblivious to the fact that there are usually one or two people waiting to use the apparatus.
    Normally the same guys who grunt and shout in a ridiculously OTT way every time they lift a weight. We get it you are super strong and amazingly stacked. Everyone is indeed looking at you but not for the reason you think.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    The social media thing I can’t get my head round now is girls that claim their profession is an Instagram influencer? What? That’s not a job.
    To be fair, social media influencer is a "job" in a sense. I can't speak for the girls you've been looking at, but if people have enough followers and get paid for their social media influencing then I dont see an issue with it.
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar

People who state their education was at 'the university of life' or 'the school of hard knocks'.

Profile is almost certain to contain a post/tweet/picture etc with some vague 'common sense' political sentiment; 'This country should be looking after are homeless shoulders and veterinarians rather than giving free benefits to Eskimos and EU immigrants from Somalia. Share if you agree.' Or 'If you don't wear a Poppy then go back to your own country. This country respects freedom and the human rights our boys fought for in WWI #remembering1924-1958'.
    Every single time 😂

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Another gym one - twats that don't have the decency to unload their weights from the equipment they're using. So often you see someone come along and have to spend time unloading the leg press because muscles Malloy couldn't be arsed,

I used to work beside a fella who was right into his physique, used to go into these competitions where they wear budgie smugglers and lathered in fake tan, and pose.

I went to the same gym as him for a while, you’d often see him and his body building mates, 7 or 8 of them, gathered around a bench press, blethering like an old wives knitting club, and every now and then one of them would get down, bench a large weight, once, to be met with a cheer and big slaps on the back. Then another 10 to 20 minutes gossiping, and then repeat. The rest of the gym users alternated between getting pissed off waiting to use the bench, or s******ing at how comical it was watching a bunch of ripped, over-muscled hulks standing around talking about nonsense

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Profile is almost certain to contain a post/tweet/picture etc with some vague 'common sense' political sentiment; 'This country should be looking after are homeless shoulders and veterinarians rather than giving free benefits to Eskimos and EU immigrants from Somalia. Share if you agree.' Or 'If you don't wear a Poppy then go back to your own country. This country respects freedom and the human rights our boys fought for in WWI #remembering1924-1958'.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar

People who state their education was at 'the university of life' or 'the school of hard knocks'.

'Works at' Full Time Mummy. **** off!!
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    To be fair, social media influencer is a "job" in a sense. I can't speak for the girls you've been looking at, but if people have enough followers and get paid for their social media influencing then I dont see an issue with it.
    Yep, I know someone who quit her job as an air hostess about a year or so back because she was making more money from instagram.

No idea how sustainable it is and I'm sure there are loads of wannabe's who are making no money from it saying the same but for some people it's definitely their job.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    Yep, I know someone who quit her job as an air hostess about a year or so back because she was making more money from instagram.

No idea how sustainable it is and I'm sure there are loads of wannabe's who are making no money from it saying the same but for some people it's definitely their job.
    I don’t know if a Youtuber falls under the social media influencer umbrella but some of them make outrageous amounts of money.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    I don’t know if a Youtuber falls under the social media influencer umbrella but some of them make outrageous amounts of money.
    Every parent I have spoken to recently about what their child wants to be when they grow up has said "Youtuber".

I didn't even know it was a thing until very recently.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Every parent I have spoken to recently about what their child wants to be when they grow up has said "Youtuber".

I didn't even know it was a thing until very recently.
    One of my teenage nieces came out with that at the weekend.

She'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    There's a YouTube podcast I watch, a husband and wife who are Australian and live in Germany, and he has given up his full time job to join his wife to produce the podcast as their full-time employment. They earn enough through Patrion subscriptions to do this.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    There's a YouTube podcast I watch, a husband and wife who are Australian and live in Germany, and he has given up his full time job to join his wife to produce the podcast as their full-time employment. They earn enough through Patrion subscriptions to do this.
    I watched a guy cooking on a live stream on YouTube. The amount of $20+ donations that he received during it was mental as they popped up on your screen. He must have earned around $5k in donations and then whatever YouTube pay him which will probably eclipse that by quite some distance.

If you have a steady stream of around 30k views on your youtube videos you can make about £12k a year through advertising etc if you upload a new video every week. Millions vying for the same viewers, not as easy or simple as it sounds.

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    One of my teenage nieces came out with that at the weekend.

She'll be fine once the swelling goes down.
    Wrong but right
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    When your daughter starts teething. She’s brilliant, happy and low maintenance, all things considered, but it’s been a tough couple of days 🙁

when folk are out walking their dug and it runs up to you and starts sniffing about ur baws, jumping up in your face etc regular devil dug patter, to then be greeted with the phrase “he’s just playing don’t worry he won’t bite”

why is it just expected that everyone likes dogs? i don’t care if he bites or not i don’t want to be near the thing

Quote Originally Posted by ErinGoBraghHFC View Post
    when folk are out walking their dug and it runs up to you and starts sniffing about ur baws, jumping up in your face etc regular devil dug patter, to then be greeted with the phrase “he’s just playing don’t worry he won’t bite”

why is it just expected that everyone likes dogs? i don’t care if he bites or not i don’t want to be near the thing
    Some folk don't know how to keep a dog in line.

Stupid folk, like.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Recruiters who contact you about a job, ask if you want more info and then when you say you do, you never hear from them again.

What's the point in that? Just don't bother contacting me in the first place- it's not even as if I'm actively looking for a change. Just a total waste of everyone's time.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by ErinGoBraghHFC View Post

why are you walking around with your baws out?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!

Yep, I really hate that too. Especially when you approach them and politely ask how long are they going to be? The response that they give you is they’ve only just started their set. You could have finished your set if you hadn’t been playing on your phone or staring into space all that time!

Another gym hate that I have that happens all the time in my gym, despite there being visible signs around the place asking members not to do it, is when folk hog 2-3 work stations all at once which prevents other members from using it!

Blog Entries
    People, such as politicians who, when being interviewed or discussing issues, insist on continually addressing their interviewer or questioner by their Christian name. It’s cringeworthy, insincere and patronising.

Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    Yep, I really hate that too. Especially when you approach them and politely ask how long are they going to be? The response that they give you is they’ve only just started their set. You could have finished your set if you hadn’t been playing on your phone or staring into space all that time!

Another gym hate that I have that happens all the time in my gym, despite there being visible signs around the place asking members not to do it, is when folk hog 2-3 work stations all at once which prevents other members from using it!
    My pet peeve at the gym is folk that use the facilities around the pool area without showering despite there being about 4 signs on the way to the pool from the changing rooms telling you to shower. Then the jacuzzi gets closed, the gym blames it on folk not showering, gets fixed, closed again less than a week later near enough every time and we just keep on going round in circles.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    My pet peeve at the gym is folk that use the facilities around the pool area without showering despite there being about 4 signs on the way to the pool from the changing rooms telling you to shower. Then the jacuzzi gets closed, the gym blames it on folk not showering, gets fixed, closed again less than a week later near enough every time and we just keep on going round in circles.
    Daft question but why does people not showering cause a jacuzzi to be closed?

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    Warm water opens the pores of the body. The dirt, oil, and microscopic particles lurking within come out and could pass into the open pores of the other bathers. “It can lead to a lot of superficial skin infections,. “You don’t really see that in colder water.” This is one reason, people really should shower before getting in the hot tub. It flushes out the pores.

Hot tubs are frequent transfer stations for bacteria. Pseudomonas aeruginosa, a common bacterial infection, is so strongly associated with tubs their main symptom has been dubbed “hot tub rash.” Those afflicted experience inflammation, itching, and pus-filled blisters around hair follicles, particularly on areas of the body that were covered by a swimsuit and hence absorb a lot of hot tub water.

Hot tubes are regularly sampled for bacteria levels and subsequently closed if levels are high and dosing is required to clean it.
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 20-06-2019 at 06:36 AM.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Boatman View Post
    Warm water opens the pores of the body. The dirt, oil, and microscopic particles lurking within come out and could pass into the open pores of the other bathers. “It can lead to a lot of superficial skin infections,. “You don’t really see that in colder water.” This is one reason, people really should shower before getting in the hot tub. It flushes out the pores.

Hot tubs are frequent transfer stations for bacteria. Pseudomonas aeruginosa, a common bacterial infection, is so strongly associated with tubs their main symptom has been dubbed “hot tub rash.” Those afflicted experience inflammation, itching, and pus-filled blisters around hair follicles, particularly on areas of the body that were covered by a swimsuit and hence absorb a lot of hot tub water.

Hot tubes are regularly sampled for bacteria levels and subsequently closed if levels are high and dosing is required to clean it.
    Never using a jacuzzi again

Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    I was about to say I have no idea but there’s your answer. I’m also unsure of going back in it now 🤮

Blog Entries
    Just started watching Andy Murray in his doubles match at Queens. Can’t believe the amount of fist bumping going on between both pairs at every point, whether the point has been won or lost. I know it’s not a new thing but it used to be common only when winning a point. They’ll soon be hugging and kissing each other between points before you know it.