hibs.net Messageboard

Page 322 of 428 FirstFirst ... 222272312320321322323324332372422 ... LastLast
Results 9,631 to 9,660 of 12832

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anybody that gets annoyed about people being late would have a great time with my family.

My Mum and Dad used to drive through to visit when my kids were still small, and would arrive at least 45 minutes after they said they were going to arrive. In fact, one time they were an hour and a half late... and the drive to our house from theirs was only 50 minutes.

My sister was 45 minutes late for my wedding, which she blamed on her three year old son.

My other sister was 30 minutes late for her own wedding.

We had a memorial for my Mum recently, ten years after she passed away, and me an the Missus were the only ones that turned up on time. The others arrived between 20 and 45 minutes late.

We then agreed to meet at My Sister's house afterward, and my Sister and Dad turned up nearly an hour after we did.

I went to the football last weekend and arranged to meet my Dad and my Nephew for a cuppa before hand. They were only 30 minutes late, which must be some kind of record for them. My Dad blamed my sister for dropping the kid off late at his house. My sister then blamed her son (yep same sister, same son, over ten years later).

You lot would have a meltdown, seriously!

Mate I’m sitting here raging on your behalf. I couldn’t cope with that - I’d definitely be in an argument every time with them - I can’t not say a comment to someone when late. Same at work - I give a couple of minutes grace and I dial off or leave the meeting room.

I was always told you’re better being 15 mins early that 5 mins late.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Mate I’m sitting here raging on your behalf. I couldn’t cope with that - I’d definitely be in an argument every time with them - I can’t not say a comment to someone when late. Same at work - I give a couple of minutes grace and I dial off or leave the meeting room.

Or if you are going to be late you can give advance warning (it's easy now) which will lessen or even negate any inconvenience.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Or if you are going to be late you can give advance warning (it's easy now) which will lessen or even negate any inconvenience.
    Yes - if I’m even close to running late I message ahead.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    I’m not sure of the petrol station etiquette, but it annoys me when people use the pump and then go into the shop. It might be they haven’t paid at the pump, but I can’t help but assume it’s to buy non petrol related stuff. I always pay at the pump and then if I want anything from the shop find a parking space away from the pump.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    I’m not sure of the petrol station etiquette, but it annoys me when people use the pump and then go into the shop. It might be they haven’t paid at the pump, but I can’t help but assume it’s to buy non petrol related stuff. I always pay at the pump and then if I want anything from the shop find a parking space away from the pump.
    I go into the shop every time to pay, nearly everyone i see in there does the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    I go into the shop every time to pay, nearly everyone i see in there does the same.
    That's true. Get a paper, sweets, milk, buy carwash token etc.
    Not much to see here!

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    If you know you are going into the shop why bother paying at the pump?

I always pay in the shop, a fill up is nearly always over £50 for me and I fill rather than put a round figure of pounds.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    It actually annoys me when I get to the pump and realise that its pay at pump only. What a faff, standing about in the cold farting about with card machines.

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post

I always pay in the shop, a fill up is nearly always over £50 for me and I fill rather than put a round figure of pounds.
    To save someone waiting on me as I know how annoying I find it waiting behind an empty car. Particularly if I’m only getting petrol. Etiquette or whether it’s rational or not, it’s a peeve for me anyway 😀

I'll continue going in to pay and keep the staff in a job.
    I won't use any of the unstaffed places.

Quote Originally Posted by Killiehibbie View Post
    I'll continue going in to pay and keep the staff in a job.
    I won't use any of the unstaffed places.
    I was also going to say that. Always use a manned checkout when possible, self service checkouts can be annoying!! My local co-op self service checkouts don't have a button for scottish breakfast rolls which are sold loose. There you go, another peeve.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar

you get £99 on the pay at the pump.

United we stand here....

Up there with my lateness peeve is bad manners, rudeness and downright ignorance. And those people that seem to look down their nose at you as if they’re better than you and therefore wouldn’t lower themselves to thank or even acknowledge your gesture or words of kindness. Utter morons.

If it’s busy you’re supposed to fill up your car and drive to the parking space before going into the shop, this allows the next person access to the pump. Your sale will still be on the cashiers till when someone else is using the pump.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    If it’s busy you’re supposed to fill up your car and drive to the parking space before going into the shop, this allows the next person access to the pump. Your sale will still be on the cashiers till when someone else is using the pump.
    When the station is busy far quicker to leave your car where it is and pay, not enough parking spaces to move your car to, never mind the chaos of everyone trying to manoeuvre.

@hibs.net private member
    When the station is busy far quicker to leave your car where it is and pay, not enough parking spaces to move your car to, never mind the chaos of everyone trying to manoeuvre.
    I got a row for doing this - they thought I was doing a runner.

The tesco I fill up at hasn't got parking spaces for the shop.

Surely paying at the pump, then finding a parking space to then go into the shop for a few bits of shopping takes more time than leaving the car at the pump and going in, buying whatever you need and paying for it all at the same time?!

@hibs.net private member
    The main joy of pay at pump is the need to not have to interact with anyone.

Bliss is a day without speaking to anyone except my wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post

Cheers, I deal with it by trying to keep a smile on my face and not take it too seriously.

Not always easy, I admit

The tesco I fill up at hasn't got parking spaces for the shop.

Surely paying at the pump, then finding a parking space to then go into the shop for a few bits of shopping takes more time than leaving the car at the pump and going in, buying whatever you need and paying for it all at the same time?!
    I wasn’t talking about paying at the pump.

United we stand here....

Needless packaging in shops.

Seriously why do bananas need wrapped in a plastic bag? Nature has quite literally given them a perfect natural wrapping. Same with carrots, potatoes, cucumbers etc. There is absolutely no need for any of them to be packaged.

I always pay in the shop as I find it takes ages for the pay at the pump to come off my card.

I always pay at the pump and then if I want anything from the shop find a parking space away from the pump.
    I think that's a waste of time. Why not fill up and go into the shop to buy whatever you need and pay it all at once. A lot quicker!!

I wasn’t talking about paying at the pump.
    Apologies, it was the Modfather. Although the same applies. Leave the car at the pump because the attendant in the shop will think you are doing a runner without paying. 😁

I think that's a waste of time. Why not fill up and go into the shop to buy whatever you need and pay it all at once. A lot quicker!!
    It’s not quicker for the person waiting behind me, and I hate being that person waiting. Anyway, it’s a peeve of mine, rational or not, but not particularly important either way in the scheme of things.

Blog Entries
    Repeating a peeve of mine once more. Just saw erstwhile pretty, Kimberly Wyatt on the telly who has joined the plug, duck-faced brigade by having her lips stereotypically puffed up. What are these women thinking about? They look as if they all belong to one race or nationality or have a physical deformity.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    When people say "rightfully" when they should use "understandably".

e.g. The player was rightfully angry that a foul wasn't awarded.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Pub toilets with a stupid symbol on the door.

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    cannot agree more with every point

my brother and his wife are always late, family meals, family get togethers, everything. It’s rude, disrespectful and selfish, and they don’t give a toss about anyone else that’s waiting on them. It’s not unusual for them to be an hour late, and there’s not ever a ‘sorry’ or anything like that.
    That would be an instant ex-communication from my family, **** that for a laugh.

I find lateness with no prior warning another level of inconsiderate. You *know* you're going to be late before you actually are, so text ahead saying "having a mare here, going to be 30 minutes late" or whatever, then apologize when you get there. I can't stand folk being late - 5-10 minutes can happen to anyone, but any more than that and you're entering The Realm of the late Twat IMO

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    That would be an instant ex-communication from my family, **** that for a laugh.

I find lateness with no prior warning another level of inconsiderate. You *know* you're going to be late before you actually are, so text ahead saying "having a mare here, going to be 30 minutes late" or whatever, then apologize when you get there. I can't stand folk being late - 5-10 minutes can happen to anyone, but any more than that and you're entering The Realm of the late Twat IMO

nah I’m with you, I hate lateness, I’m pathologically punctual/early, and get stressed when I think I might be less than 10 minutes early!

we often tell my brother a time that’s an hour ahead of when we actually want them there. Funnily enough to your point about calling or texting to say,he tried that one at the weekend, complaining of traffic etc, I’m convinced it was an attempt to imply we should all be appreciative of his heroic efforts to get there, rather than just trying to be on time like everyone else