hibs.net Messageboard

Page 245 of 428 FirstFirst ... 145195235243244245246247255295345 ... LastLast
Results 7,321 to 7,350 of 12829

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanut Shaz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have one for work that stays in my bag or pocket when I'm not in the office. Agreed it takes a second to remove it and put it away. I don't think people need to know I work for......whoever, and going by my photo I'm not sure I'd want people to see it. Ha ha.
    To be fair that vast majority of work passes don’t identify the company you work for, nor do they make people look important.

But I get the point re not getting why people wear them outside the office.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    To be fair that vast majority of work passes don’t identify the company you work for, nor do they make people look important.

But I get the point re not getting why people wear them outside the office.
    The bank my son works for instructs their staff not to wear them in public, only when in a bank building.

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    I agree with this, the last thing you want is to be identified as a council employee. 😉
    I work for the NHS and never wear my ID anywhere except work. A magnet for people complaining or maybe get mistaken for a medic where I would be of no use whatsoever.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanut Shaz View Post
    Add to that people who wear work ID badges on the bus,train, at lunchtime etc. I don't care where you work and it doesn't make you look important.
    My ID badge is also a key card that allows me to go between landside and airside as well as enter restricted areas at the airport. To lose it would not only be a severe pain in the arse but also a security risk. For that reason it stays attached to a lanyard and secured around my neck from the moment I take it out of the drawer at home until I put it back there after getting home. There's no way I'm putting it anywhere else, even if people think it's stupid. I do however wear it under my top layer of clothing on my way to and from work.

Uber drivers that accept a request and then don't seem to bother their arse to move or seem to drive in every direction other than the one towards your pick up spot.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    People that reply to all unnecessarily.

I’m not even talking in a professional sense as I get it sometimes good to cover your back by including people, even if they don’t want included. Im talking about things like Last Man Standing emails, everybody is letting the organiser know who they want privately but there’s always one or two that feel like they have to include everyone!

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post

I’m not even talking in a professional sense as I get it sometimes good to cover your back by including people, even if they don’t want included. Im talking about things like Last Man Standing emails, everybody is letting the organiser know who they want privately but there’s always one or two that feel like they have to include everyone!
    Similarly, group chats on WhatsApp or whatever. When my daughter was born my wife went to the usual classes etc and every one of them was a new group chat and now it’s a prison. Constant messages about “does anyone know when Tesco shuts”, just google it like a normal person ya mutant.

Viewing events through your mobile is already covered but I was at the Rio carnaval parade and while these amazing floats went past there were umpteen clowns who turned their back to it in order to take a selfie.

It wasn't even a quick 5 second turnaround, they had their back turned the entire time the float was passing while looking at themselves in their phone to ensure the best selfie.

Instead of experiencing things now half the world is obsessed with Instagram likes and nothing more.

@hibs.net private member Alfiembra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post

This happens occasionally at my work when there is a company wide email, you always get the muppet who replies to all to ask to be removed from the distribution list, instead of the author directly. Which in turn all the muppets of the organisation join in and reply all, also asking to be removed from the distribution list. Then their counterpart muppets reply all telling everyone to stop replying to all. And it goes on.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfiembra View Post
    This happens occasionally at my work when there is a company wide email, you always get the muppet who replies to all to ask to be removed from the distribution list, instead of the author directly. Which in turn all the muppets of the organisation join in and reply all, also asking to be removed from the distribution list. Then their counterpart muppets reply all telling everyone to stop replying to all. And it goes on.
    Yes, used to happen a lot when I worked in the Scottish Government. Someone sends an email to the whole Department by mistake, loads of folk reply to all saying they shouldn't have received it, some reply to all to tell everyone to stop replying to all, then this daftie replies to all with the message "Let's all go for a pint!" followed quickly by a very stern warning from the Minister's Private Secretary (to all!) telling everyone to stop

Floated corners.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    Floated corners.
    Or just floaters.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Or just floaters.
    Anything that floats is bad news. See Witches for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfiembra View Post
    It's times like this you question why you are not higher up (further away in the chain from these people) in your company.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    There are 2 adverts on the telly that really annoy me just now -

The Wickes one where the guy says "Let Wickes clear your housebarressment". What clown sat down and thought "housebarressment...that'll work"?

The advert for Alexa. Wee lassie comes home and storms up to her room, she's been beat at football that day. It cuts to night time and the mum wakes up as there's some banging noise, she asks Alexa the time, it's 4-40am. Mum looks out the bedroom window and the girl is in the garden playing football, taking shots into goals that are painted on a wall. It's 4-40am. The mum then asks Alexa to turn the garden lights on, which are brighter than the actual sun. It's 4-40am! Get they lights off, get her telt to stop kicking the ball about and get to bed. Then in the morning get her dragged round each of the neighbours houses to apologise.

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post

The Wickes one where the guy says "Let Wickes clear your housebarressment". What clown sat down and thought "housebarressment...that'll work"?

The advert for Alexa. Wee lassie comes home and storms up to her room, she's been beat at football that day. It cuts to night time and the mum wakes up as there's some banging noise, she asks Alexa the time, it's 4-40am. Mum looks out the bedroom window and the girl is in the garden playing football, taking shots into goals that are painted on a wall. It's 4-40am. The mum then asks Alexa to turn the garden lights on, which are brighter than the actual sun. It's 4-40am! Get they lights off, get her telt to stop kicking the ball about and get to bed. Then in the morning get her dragged round each of the neighbours houses to apologise.
    That Alexa one annoys me too! 😠

@hibs.net private member Craig_HFC's Avatar

That Alexa advert does my nut in too. The first time I seen it I thought that the family in it would be absolute ****s to live next to.
    PERSEVERE
    Verb: pə:ːsɪ'ˈvɪə/
    To not give up.
    To go the distance.
    To stop at nothing.

The Wickes one is similar to the Money Supermarket one with Matt Berry which is currently on the radio with the noise "aaaah" inserted randomly into words. Grinds my gears.

Moan about adverts all you like, but you're all talking about them and know the product.

Buying it might be another issue!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Jimmy View Post
    Moan about adverts all you like, but you're all talking about them and know the product.

Buying it might be another issue!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    I've witnessed people making this point a lot, surely a **** advert is less likely to make you buy/use a product whether you know what is or not. Go Compare being a prime example.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    I've witnessed people making this point a lot, surely a **** advert is less likely to make you buy/use a product whether you know what is or not. Go Compare being a prime example.
    Spot on and a great example. If they spend their money on really irritating ads that make me change channels then I'm not using them, simple as that.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Hearts fc.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    People that state their opinion as a fact. Really does my head in.

ITV Player.

Wanted to binge watch Flesh and Blood, but it wasn't available on the ITV Player in Scotland for some reason. Changed my location to a West Yorkshire postcode and it becomes available.

@hibs.net private member EH6 Hibby's Avatar
    ITV Player.

Wanted to binge watch Flesh and Blood, but it wasn't available on the ITV Player in Scotland for some reason. Changed my location to a West Yorkshire postcode and it becomes available.
    You have to download the STV player to watch ITV1 content in Scotland. I actually prefer the STV one, if you’re watching it live, you can go back to the start of the program which you can’t do on the ITV one.

Quote Originally Posted by EH6 Hibby View Post
    You have to download the STV player to watch ITV1 content in Scotland. I actually prefer the STV one, if you’re watching it live, you can go back to the start of the program which you can’t do on the ITV one.
    Cheers for the tip.

Folk who play content on a bus with their mobile phone without headphones. Oblivious.

Does my nut in.

Imagine if the whole bus was as selfish. 70 people all loudly playing different content.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby Bairn View Post
    Folk who play content on a bus with their mobile phone without headphones. Oblivious.

Does my nut in.

Imagine if the whole bus was as selfish. 70 people all loudly playing different content.
    My wee girl loves the sound on her jigsaw app. I hate it but I refuse to let her use headphones. She is learning to just play the games and we will work on it to let others enjoy their commute in peace. She thinks everyone enjoys it (she's 4)

Quote Originally Posted by wpj View Post
    My wee girl loves the sound on her jigsaw app. I hate it but I refuse to let her use headphones. She is learning to just play the games and we will work on it to let others enjoy their commute in peace. She thinks everyone enjoys it (she's 4)
    Out of interest, why do you refuse to let her use headphones? I don't think a wee kid fiddling about on a parent's phone is the likely target of this pet peeve though. It's when the adults or teenagers themselves treat the whole bus or carriage to whatever ***** they're listening to (also, they never have a decent taste in music) that wrecks my head.

Left by mutual consent!
    Not sure if this has been said but something you see a lot online these days...People Who Capitalise Every Word In A Sentence...why????