hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 303 of 303 FirstFirst ... 203253293301302303
Results 9,061 to 9,090 of 9090

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

  1. #9061
    @hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Spinning a Yarn
    Posts
    19,611
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Or not at all.......
    Why should fans not sing a national anthem? 🙄
    WASH YOUR HANDS, WEAR A MASK, KEEP 2M APART AND GET THE VACCINE


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #9062
    @hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thankerton, SL
    Age
    28
    Posts
    11,584
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfiembra View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When the music and the singing of the national anthems on tv broadcasts at the footy are out of sync. I understand why it happens but there must be some way in modern technology to get it to appear even remotely close, maybe not have close ups of the players etc while itís happening.
    They get it right at the rugby with the lone piper on the roof, she plays them in so everyone can get the timing right. Difficult when the anthems are coming through the speakers.
    A great day out ruined by the football

  4. #9063
    @hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Bellevue
    Age
    36
    Posts
    5,980
    People who don't get what it means to live in a flat. We are in an airbnb for a couple of months between house moves and I believe the flat has actually been empty for almost two years as the host only rents it out in the summer and she didn't last year due to Covid.

    Just had the downstairs neighbour knock on the door and complain "I think you've just moved in as we haven't heard any movement for a while, we're used to no noise, so can you please not walk or talk during the day it is being picked up on my Teams calls".

    So, we are expected not to walk around our flat? I'm expected not to speak on my own Teams calls? We aren't jumping or stomping around or anything. I'm not shouting on my calls. The floor doesn't noticeably make a noise when you walk.

  5. #9064
    @hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    53
    Posts
    21,141
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People who don't get what it means to live in a flat. We are in an airbnb for a couple of months between house moves and I believe the flat has actually been empty for almost two years as the host only rents it out in the summer and she didn't last year due to Covid.

    Just had the downstairs neighbour knock on the door and complain "I think you've just moved in as we haven't heard any movement for a while, we're used to no noise, so can you please not walk or talk during the day it is being picked up on my Teams calls".

    So, we are expected not to walk around our flat? I'm expected not to speak on my own Teams calls? We aren't jumping or stomping around or anything. I'm not shouting on my calls. The floor doesn't noticeably make a noise when you walk.
    Many years ago when we lived in a flat, the elderly upstairs neighbour knocked on our door to tell us she could hear our new born son crying and she was used to quiet during the day. If we could also think of wearing headphones while we watch the TV as she does it would be greatly appreciated. Oh and one last thing, I expect you will do some minor work and renovations, please remember not to make noise during the day.!

  6. #9065
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People who don't get what it means to live in a flat. We are in an airbnb for a couple of months between house moves and I believe the flat has actually been empty for almost two years as the host only rents it out in the summer and she didn't last year due to Covid.

    Just had the downstairs neighbour knock on the door and complain "I think you've just moved in as we haven't heard any movement for a while, we're used to no noise, so can you please not walk or talk during the day it is being picked up on my Teams calls".

    So, we are expected not to walk around our flat? I'm expected not to speak on my own Teams calls? We aren't jumping or stomping around or anything. I'm not shouting on my calls. The floor doesn't noticeably make a noise when you walk.
    I'd tell them there are some lovely isolated country properties for sale. Knock on my door again only if you want a hand loading the removal van.

  7. #9066
    @hibs.net private member J-C's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    62
    Posts
    22,907
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People who don't get what it means to live in a flat. We are in an airbnb for a couple of months between house moves and I believe the flat has actually been empty for almost two years as the host only rents it out in the summer and she didn't last year due to Covid.

    Just had the downstairs neighbour knock on the door and complain "I think you've just moved in as we haven't heard any movement for a while, we're used to no noise, so can you please not walk or talk during the day it is being picked up on my Teams calls".

    So, we are expected not to walk around our flat? I'm expected not to speak on my own Teams calls? We aren't jumping or stomping around or anything. I'm not shouting on my calls. The floor doesn't noticeably make a noise when you walk.
    Politely tell them to go **** themselves cheeky *******s.

  8. #9067
    @hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Spinning a Yarn
    Posts
    19,611
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People who don't get what it means to live in a flat. We are in an airbnb for a couple of months between house moves and I believe the flat has actually been empty for almost two years as the host only rents it out in the summer and she didn't last year due to Covid.

    Just had the downstairs neighbour knock on the door and complain "I think you've just moved in as we haven't heard any movement for a while, we're used to no noise, so can you please not walk or talk during the day it is being picked up on my Teams calls".

    So, we are expected not to walk around our flat? I'm expected not to speak on my own Teams calls? We aren't jumping or stomping around or anything. I'm not shouting on my calls. The floor doesn't noticeably make a noise when you walk.
    I saw a story at the weekend about a village in the cotswolds that was told they could no longer ring the church bells. Someone who had moved into the village complained to the council and that one complaint was enough for the council to issue a noise abatement notice.
    WASH YOUR HANDS, WEAR A MASK, KEEP 2M APART AND GET THE VACCINE

  9. #9068
    Testimonial Due Santa Cruz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Folsom Prison
    Posts
    2,597
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People who don't get what it means to live in a flat. We are in an airbnb for a couple of months between house moves and I believe the flat has actually been empty for almost two years as the host only rents it out in the summer and she didn't last year due to Covid.

    Just had the downstairs neighbour knock on the door and complain "I think you've just moved in as we haven't heard any movement for a while, we're used to no noise, so can you please not walk or talk during the day it is being picked up on my Teams calls".

    So, we are expected not to walk around our flat? I'm expected not to speak on my own Teams calls? We aren't jumping or stomping around or anything. I'm not shouting on my calls. The floor doesn't noticeably make a noise when you walk.
    Similar happened to me years ago. I lived alone, had a f/t and p/t job so spent hardly anytime in my flat what with having a social life too, never had a single house party Came home from my f/t job to get my tea before going to my evening job, knock at the door from a fairly young newish neighbour saying she could hear me walking about. I said yeah this is true, politely at this point trying not to lol in her face. She said can I suggest you wear slippers cos that's what I do. I explained I was only home for about 30mins and left it at that. A wee while passed and I was leaving really early one morning for work when she appeared at her door as I passed, mentioned again the need for me to purchase slippers, I told her I didn't have the time to listen to her as I was rushing to work and to see me later. Never heard from her for months, then she knocked my door again, this time she said she could hear my TV and what she did was use headphones and suggested I considered doing the same. She said she done it as a consideration for me and could I do the same. I told her there was no need to consider me because I was barely home and had never been bothered by the previous owners watching their TV, so I wouldn't be doing the same. I just wondered how she could have had a more ideal neighbour in a flat than a single person, working and barely spending any time in the house.

  10. #9069
    @hibs.net private member Future17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    37
    Posts
    7,029
    My first night in a rented flat when I was 18, there was a knock on the door about 10pm. It was an elderly lady who explained that that she lived downstairs and water was pouring into her flat from mine.

    After a quick check of the bathroom and kitchen, I turned off the water and headed downstairs. Sure enough her flat was under about a foot of water. I soon found the source of the leak was under her sink. I managed to implement a temporary fix for her, but I was there til after midnight helping her clear up. I explained to her what had happened and what she needed to do to get it fixed permanently and she was very grateful.

    About 6 weeks later, she posted a note through my door asking for £3k for the damage I'd caused! I spoke to her the next day and whilst she remembered loads about that night, her recollection was the leak had been from my flat. She also couldn't remember me spending more than two hours helping her clear up.

    I can only assume she was at it but to this day I'm not 100% certain.

  11. #9070
    Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Gross Kienitz
    Posts
    14,315
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People who don't get what it means to live in a flat. We are in an airbnb for a couple of months between house moves and I believe the flat has actually been empty for almost two years as the host only rents it out in the summer and she didn't last year due to Covid.

    Just had the downstairs neighbour knock on the door and complain "I think you've just moved in as we haven't heard any movement for a while, we're used to no noise, so can you please not walk or talk during the day it is being picked up on my Teams calls".

    So, we are expected not to walk around our flat? I'm expected not to speak on my own Teams calls? We aren't jumping or stomping around or anything. I'm not shouting on my calls. The floor doesn't noticeably make a noise when you walk.
    Some people have no respect for their neighbours right to peace and quiet at certain times of the day and rightly need to be called out about it. Just a couple of days ago my neighbour was banging on my door and ringing the bell at 3 o'clock in the morning, that's just a no go for me and ringing people's bells or calling them between the hours of 21:00 and 8am is completely disrespectful. Luckily I was still awake at the time practising my bagpipes.

  12. #9071
    @hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    19,208
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My girlfriend keeps the remote controls next to the TVÖ so you have to get up when you want to change the channel. She doesnít get that the clue is in the name (granted not many people actually call it a remote control).
    Could she perhaps, without saying as much, be trying to train you not to channel-hop?

  13. #9072
    E-scooters.

    Or more specifically fully grown adults, and it always seems to be men, careering about the pavements on them with no attempt to avoid wiping out everything in their path. If you don't get out their way they aren't stopping.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

  14. #9073
    @hibs.net private member calumhibee1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    15,210
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People who don't get what it means to live in a flat. We are in an airbnb for a couple of months between house moves and I believe the flat has actually been empty for almost two years as the host only rents it out in the summer and she didn't last year due to Covid.

    Just had the downstairs neighbour knock on the door and complain "I think you've just moved in as we haven't heard any movement for a while, we're used to no noise, so can you please not walk or talk during the day it is being picked up on my Teams calls".

    So, we are expected not to walk around our flat? I'm expected not to speak on my own Teams calls? We aren't jumping or stomping around or anything. I'm not shouting on my calls. The floor doesn't noticeably make a noise when you walk.

  15. #9074
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    E-scooters.

    Or more specifically fully grown adults, and it always seems to be men, careering about the pavements on them with no attempt to avoid wiping out everything in their path. If you don't get out their way they aren't stopping.
    Who are the target customers? Loads over here, as you say mostly men and I just can't understand why you would buy one 🤔

  16. #9075
    Pun Lovin' Criminal Northernhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    35
    Posts
    13,328
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who are the target customers? 🤔
    ****s


    Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

  17. #9076
    @hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Bellevue
    Age
    36
    Posts
    5,980
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    E-scooters.

    Or more specifically fully grown adults, and it always seems to be men, careering about the pavements on them with no attempt to avoid wiping out everything in their path. If you don't get out their way they aren't stopping.
    Are they not illegal to use in public with the exception of a few trial schemes?

  18. #9077
    @hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,720
    Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My first night in a rented flat when I was 18, there was a knock on the door about 10pm. It was an elderly lady who explained that that she lived downstairs and water was pouring into her flat from mine.

    After a quick check of the bathroom and kitchen, I turned off the water and headed downstairs. Sure enough her flat was under about a foot of water. I soon found the source of the leak was under her sink. I managed to implement a temporary fix for her, but I was there til after midnight helping her clear up. I explained to her what had happened and what she needed to do to get it fixed permanently and she was very grateful.

    About 6 weeks later, she posted a note through my door asking for £3k for the damage I'd caused! I spoke to her the next day and whilst she remembered loads about that night, her recollection was the leak had been from my flat. She also couldn't remember me spending more than two hours helping her clear up.

    I can only assume she was at it but to this day I'm not 100% certain.
    Reminded me of a Christmas day episode. We lived top flat and there was a knock on the door from the couple on the bottom. My wife's bath came through to them as backwash and what were we going to do about it? There was a blockage below ground and this tipped it over. While we were sympathetic to the issue what were they expecting us to do? Grant access to a plumber to their flat? Didn't even ask us to limit water going down the pipes..

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

  19. #9078
    @hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    53
    Posts
    21,141
    People that donít realise how insurance claims work and think they have no need to contact their own insurers.

  20. #9079
    @hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Spinning a Yarn
    Posts
    19,611
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People that donít realise how insurance claims work and think they have no need to contact their own insurers.
    Car insurance renewal. Broker gave me a renewal quote about £15 less than last year but charged £30 renewal administration fee. Saved £40 going elsewhere, turns out its the same underwriters and with lower excess 😁
    WASH YOUR HANDS, WEAR A MASK, KEEP 2M APART AND GET THE VACCINE

  21. #9080
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    E-scooters.

    Or more specifically fully grown adults, and it always seems to be men, careering about the pavements on them with no attempt to avoid wiping out everything in their path. If you don't get out their way they aren't stopping.
    Here in Argentina the users appear to be exclusively lower level management types that get off on the phrase "LinkedIn content creation".

  22. #9081
    The overuse of the term "imposter syndrome" on social media to disguise a not so humble brag. I'm not arguing that it isn't an actual condition for some, but the need for a dopamine hit on social media has reduced it's meaning to "attention seeking".


    "I've just been promoted to a senior management position at 28 years old and I earn 125k a year and I'm responsible for the global supply network of a multinational company and I'm suffering from imposter syndrome"



    Social Media translation - "LOOK AT ME!!!!!!!!!!"

  23. #9082
    Pun Lovin' Criminal Northernhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    35
    Posts
    13,328
    People who wheel their baskets around in Lidl tripping up everyone in sight. Youíre not five years old, pick it up ffs.


    Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

  24. #9083
    @hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Musselburgh
    Age
    63
    Posts
    16,427
    Utterly dreadful songs from the 70s/80s or whatever being rebranded as classics and dominating adverts, football chants, darts walk-ons etc.

    Sweet Caroline and Yes Sir I Can Boogie are the 2 most obvious examples but there are so many bad 80s songs in ads, All By Myself being another example.

  25. #9084
    @hibs.net private member Kato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Paris
    Age
    60
    Posts
    9,476
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Utterly dreadful songs from the 70s/80s or whatever being rebranded as classics and dominating adverts, football chants, darts walk-ons etc.

    Sweet Caroline and Yes Sir I Can Boogie are the 2 most obvious examples but there are so many bad 80s songs in ads, All By Myself being another example.
    You didn't give any examples of utterly dreadful songs!

    Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

  26. #9085
    @hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Musselburgh
    Age
    63
    Posts
    16,427
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You didn't give any examples of utterly dreadful songs!

    Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk
    That Bonnie Tyler song then?!!??

  27. #9086
    @hibs.net private member Kato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Paris
    Age
    60
    Posts
    9,476
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That Bonnie Tyler song then?!!??
    OK.

  28. #9087
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    53,076
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfiembra View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When the music and the singing of the national anthems on tv broadcasts at the footy are out of sync. I understand why it happens but there must be some way in modern technology to get it to appear even remotely close, maybe not have close ups of the players etc while itís happening.
    What about England fans singing the british national anthem, they are that thick that the bloody song is ours as well as theirs.

    Too arrogant/thick to find one of their own.

  29. #9088
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What about England fans singing the british national anthem, they are that thick that the bloody song is ours as well as theirs.

    Too arrogant/thick to find one of their own.
    Theyíre more than welcome to it as far as Iím concerned 😉

  30. #9089
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    53,076
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Theyíre more than welcome to it as far as Iím concerned 😉


    They are too daft to realise it's not their national anthem.

  31. #9090
    Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Gross Kienitz
    Posts
    14,315
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    They are too daft to realise it's not their national anthem.
    It took them centuries to realise the Union Flag was not the English flag, so no real surprise.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)