hibs.net Messageboard

Page 255 of 428 FirstFirst ... 155205245253254255256257265305355 ... LastLast
Results 7,621 to 7,650 of 12811

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If there is one lesson history teaches us it is that without order there is anarchy
    Haha indeed sir...just can't get my head around so many men being involved with shopping and washing.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Folk wore flip flops when Jesus was a laddie. It's 2020 no need to wear something so uncomfortable and difficult to keep on your feet. They are definitely a pet peeve of mine when every summer my Mrs tries to make me wear them

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby Bairn View Post
    Yip. Can’t wear flip flops. Gives me sores inside the big and second toe.

Have graduated to middle age “Jesus sandles” as my wife calls them. Comfy as **** �� Only seen in them on holiday though to and from the beach.

whilst on a school trip to France as a teenager, I really rubbed one of the teachers up the wrong way when he appeared on the first morning after arriving wearing a pair of said sandals.

My mate pointed to them and said ‘I didn’t know you liked Jesus sandles mr so-and-so’. I immediately followed up with ‘are those Nike Air Nazareths, or Adidas Bethlehems?’ Cue the dirty look and teacher wanders off muttering.
    He was an RE teacher, which made it all the better.
    Last edited by McD; 30-05-2020 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Folk wore flip flops when Jesus was a laddie. It's 2020 no need to wear something so uncomfortable and difficult to keep on your feet. They are definitely a pet peeve of mine when every summer my Mrs tries to make me wear them

ive never been able to take to them, used to have arguments with my folks as a kid about being made to wear them whilst on holiday. The constant flapping against your heels, the total lack of confidence that they’ll stay on my feet or that if I tripped/slipped they’d be of any good at all, inability to run or even walk briskly, utter discomfort and pain, what’s the appeal?

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    I've reached the pre middle age of being nearly 33 and take great delight in embarrassing my 8 year old, to no embarrassment on me, by wearing my 'sliders' or flip flops for you oldies, with my jeans on to go to the shops with him. That's a milestone you have to reach imo.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    The absolute ****ers in supermarkets that don’t follow the direction lines in the aisles. I know it’s a new thing, but I manage to do it every week. I met the same family about six times this week because they were going the wrong way. What is wrong with these people?

United we stand here....

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    The absolute ****ers in supermarkets that don’t follow the direction lines in the aisles. I know it’s a new thing, but I manage to do it every week. I met the same family about six times this week because they were going the wrong way. What is wrong with these people?
    They don't even try, it's the usual where folk thing that rules don't apply to them.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member
    I see it all the time, everyone is walking the wrong way in my supermarket.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pollution View Post
    I see it all the time, everyone is walking the wrong way in my supermarket.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I’ve never seen directional arrows in a supermarket.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Tesco at Eskbank have them. Not that anyone understands what they’re for like.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Tesco at Eskbank have them. Not that anyone understands what they’re for like.
    I don't think I've come across a supermarket that doesn't have them now. Likewise I don't think I have been in a supermarket and not encountered someone strolling in the opposite direction from everyone else totally unaware of their surroundings.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Tesco in Corstorphine 😃

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I don't think I've come across a supermarket that doesn't have them now. Likewise I don't think I have been in a supermarket and not encountered someone strolling in the opposite direction from everyone else totally unaware of their surroundings.
    Tesco in Corstorphine 😀. Loads of folk just completely ignore it.

Tesco in Corstorphine 😃
    I have shopped in Morrisons and M&S both at the Gyle since lockdown neither have them. Have never queued either.
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 31-05-2020 at 09:54 PM.

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Asda at Livingstone have the arrows but a lot of people blatantly ignore them.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Not sure if it’s a Hibs.net joke to question when we’ll sign players again, but if it is it’s not funny. Not sure why it annoys me so much when folk keep asking if we won’t be signing players until the deferrals are paid. Despite the countless explanations. The distinction between deferrals and full pay is not particularly difficult to understand.

I have shopped in Morrisons and M&S both at the Gyle since lockdown neither have them. Have never queued either.
    M&S is a death trap. Not enough room between aisles. The worst is Iceland at Corstorphine. No room at all and you get people going round with huge trolleys of junk blocking the aisles. If it's at all busy you're holding your breath as you slink past folk and the queue snakes round the far aisle.

It's a shame because the staff there are nice but sometimes there's only one on the checkout so you're waiting for ages behind some tattoed beaut in a sleeveless vest who stinks of Lynx. Yeah, I'm a snob. Big deal.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Snobs who shop in Iceland and then all they moan about is the type of people who shop in Iceland

Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    Snobs who shop in Iceland and then all they moan about is the type of people who shop in Iceland

I'm not a snob really.

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    M&S is a death trap. Not enough room between aisles. The worst is Iceland at Corstorphine. No room at all and you get people going round with huge trolleys of junk blocking the aisles. If it's at all busy you're holding your breath as you slink past folk and the queue snakes round the far aisle.

It's a shame because the staff there are nice but sometimes there's only one on the checkout so you're waiting for ages behind some tattoed beaut in a sleeveless vest who stinks of Lynx. Yeah, I'm a snob. Big deal.
    😂It’s not a death trap really, brushing past someone in a supermarket aisle doesn’t condemn you to death or Covid.
    Since lockdown I have done all my shopping trips very early and never find congestion in aisles in Morrisons or M&S.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    The inside of M&S at Fort kinnaird was probably the most chaotic I've seen a supermarket during the lockdown.

There was a very long route I had to take to get to the queue (the queue was 2 people, but I felt like I walked a mile around their maze ) and then the lady at the front seemed to be controlling things really well and letting people into the shop when isles were clear and depending on if you were going for fruit/veg. Then once I got inside there suddenly seemed to be loads of people going in every direction.

The most peaceful shop seems to be home bargains - lengthy queues outside at the weekends, but it's very quiet and controlled inside.
    Mon the Hibs.

"It’s not a death trap really, brushing past someone in a supermarket aisle doesn’t condemn you to death or Covid"

So why are we bothering then? I mean surely that is the essence of this business - the keeping apart from people thing?

I think your posts are funny.

I'm a big fan.

"It’s not a death trap really, brushing past someone in a supermarket aisle doesn’t condemn you to death or Covid"

So why are we bothering then? I mean surely that is the essence of this business - the keeping apart from people thing?

I'm a big fan.
    I think your posts are daft, but hey ho that’s the joy of a forum. Be careful out there!

I think your posts are daft, but hey ho that’s the joy of a forum. Be careful out there!
    You are funny though. Genuine.

I haven't a clue really.

Coaching Staff

I'm a big fan.
    The precautions are there to stop people doing what we used to do and spend extended periods of time in close proximity to lots of other people.

Whilst I do treat everyone I see as a potential threat the days it is overkill. The chances of contracting the virus walking past people are incredibly slim.

My peeve now though is the queueing on the first day things open - as if they are only going to be fleetingly available. This amount of weeks in I'm as keen as the next man to go the the recycling centre, but creating a significant tailback waiting for hours the first day it opens? Nah, I've waited this long.

McDonalds now going the same way. Would be a welcome wee treat but I can live without the 100 car wait.

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Yep huge queues of cars at mc Donald's at ljvingstone.its like rush hour

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    The precautions are there to stop people doing what we used to do and spend extended periods of time in close proximity to lots of other people.

Whilst I do treat everyone I see as a potential threat the days it is overkill. The chances of contracting the virus walking past people are incredibly slim.

My peeve now though is the queueing on the first day things open - as if they are only going to be fleetingly available. This amount of weeks in I'm as keen as the next man to go the the recycling centre, but creating a significant tailback waiting for hours the first day it opens? Nah, I've waited this long.

McDonalds now going the same way. Would be a welcome wee treat but I can live without the 100 car wait.
    There is in fact no queues at the tips due to the booking system they have in place. The system is excellent and well organised and the tip at Sighthill flowed with no queues.

As for the rest it’s absolutely crazy what people will queue for.
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 02-06-2020 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post

Why do people do that? Why would you go for something (McDonalds, Costa, IKEA, KFC, Krispy Kreme) and decide to join a long, long queue and wait for hours? Just to get a cup of coffee, a doughnut, a burger or a piece of chicken.

Mental. Just do not understand that at all.

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Why do people do that? Why would you go for something (McDonalds, Costa, IKEA, KFC, Krispy Kreme) and decide to join a long, long queue and wait for hours? Just to get a cup of coffee, a doughnut, a burger or a piece of chicken.

Mental. Just do not understand that at all.
    Social conditioning, habit, opportunity?
    You mention Krispy Kreme, relatively few people had actually had a Krispy Kreme experience before it opened at Hermiston Gait (first in Scotland I think), but when it did, there was queues backing up the M8.
    And tomorrow, when the Mcd's opens at Drum Brae you just know there's going to be a snarl up around the area.
    All so some parent can reward their child after 10 weeks of lockdown or so some millennial can update their insta feed.
    I've nothing against the product itself, just the utterly ridiculous desire to be the first person through the door (service window) as if their lives depended on it.
    No doubt it'll be the same folk that currently have a years supply of toilet roll and hand soap in their house 🙄