hibs.net Messageboard

Page 380 of 428 FirstFirst ... 280330370378379380381382390 ... LastLast
Results 11,371 to 11,400 of 12811

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    A Z list celeb announces they have an illness - whoop de doo no one cares and it's definately not news.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Selfish people at gigs.

At Beyoncé gig on Saturday night a woman near us decided to have her umbrella up the whole time meaning whoever was behind her couldn’t see anything.

She refused to put it down for anyone. Still not sure how she was allowed to get away with it ��
    Last edited by hibee_girl; 23-05-2023 at 01:00 PM.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Re Max estate agent signs outside houses for sale.

There's no need for the selling agents face to be on the sign.

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Selfish people at gigs.

At Beyoncé gig on Saturday night a woman near us decided to have her umbrella up the woman time meaning whoever was behind her couldn’t see anything.

She refused to put it down for anyone. Still not sure how she was allowed to get away with it 😄
    Maybe she thought it was Rihanna.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nonshinyfinish View Post
    Maybe she thought it was Rihanna.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    When someone is getting interviewed on BBC Scotland or STV and the camera suddenly pans on to their hands. WTF is that all about???

@hibs.net private member
    Selfish people at gigs.

At Beyoncé gig on Saturday night a woman near us decided to have her umbrella up the woman time meaning whoever was behind her couldn’t see anything.

She refused to put it down for anyone. Still not sure how she was allowed to get away with it 😄

I live in Dalkeith and heard the music. Boom boom boom boom.

@hibs.net private member
    Selfish people at gigs.

Take her bloody umbrella away from her.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    When someone is getting interviewed on BBC Scotland or STV and the camera suddenly pans on to their hands. WTF is that all about???
    Somewhat related but it seems fashionable in documentaries these days for there to be a scene featuring someone who is being interviewed taking their seat, chatting to the interviewer and a bit of other general set up stuff, maybe getting their make up touched up then there will be a shot of their face, maybe a cut to something they say later on, a pause then the start of the interview.

It's like a few directors watched someone do it, thought it looked good so now everyone has to do it. I'm sure there is a name for it but it annoys me.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    My neighbour does this, it's scheduled so regularly that you know what time it is by the house shaking from the door slam followed by the dog barking in the garden for the next 10-15 mins. Prick.
    Had the exact same with my old neighbour. One day I got my revenge by picking up his dog and sticking him in my back garden to see how he liked it…
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

@hibs.net private member
    If the reporter is in someone's home they nearly always film the tenant making cups of tea.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    Had the exact same with my old neighbour. One day I got my revenge by picking up his dog and sticking him in my back garden to see how he liked it…
    🤣

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pollution View Post
    I live in Dalkeith and heard the music. Boom boom boom boom.
    Funny, I read on Twitter people saying they could hear it miles away. I’ma lot closer to Murrayfield than you and went outside a few times to see if I could hear it but nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    Re Max estate agent signs outside houses for sale.

There's no need for the selling agents face to be on the sign.
    Thought it was just me. I don’t know why but it makes the whole setup seem less trustworthy than a normal agent that doesn’t put their face on it.

Companies that use the slogan "no job too small" on their adverts but when you ask them for a quote reply "sorry this job isn't big enough for us to take on" which has just happened to us

Edit: just replied to them "thanks. I suggest you remove 90% of the photos on your website that show jobs that are noticeably smaller than ours"
    Last edited by overdrive; 23-05-2023 at 03:59 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Just sold my car advert when they get out of the car and dance, just **** right off 🤬

And as soon as I post this the ****ing advert comes on !!
    Last edited by Bridge hibs; 23-05-2023 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs View Post
    Just sold my car advert when they get out of the car and dance, just **** right off 🤬

And as soon as I post this the ****ing advert comes on !!
    They are excruciatingly bad.

They're always trying to get the interviewee to well up and become emotional. The cumshot.

Balaclavas - you want to act like a fanny but don't want to be seen acting like a fanny.

Doesn't make anyone look hard. Just makes you look like you're worried your mum or dad is going to give you a skelpin' for **** you shouldn't be doing

@hibs.net private member Alfiembra's Avatar
    Radio and television adverts that read out the terms and conditions as fast as they possibly can such that you can’t understand what they’re saying.

Gamer IDs

People. Just people in general. Anyone who isn't me that exists around me, annoying me. People who don't know if they want to go into a shop so stand in the doorway to have a look inside, oblivious to anyone wanting to come in or get out. People who just stop half way up some stairs and decide they're going to turn round and go back down. People who think if there's a bus stop on the pavement then that means you can stand anywhere accross that pavement regardless of it being a pavement that people use to get from A to B. People in groups of 3-4 people who walk along in a line, taking up the whole width of the pavement.

Got a train from Currie into Waverley earlier, then walked up to my office up by George Square. Sometimes feel like I'm in my own Truman Show and everyone else around me has been instructed to noise me up.

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    People. Just people in general. Anyone who isn't me that exists around me, annoying me. People who don't know if they want to go into a shop so stand in the doorway to have a look inside, oblivious to anyone wanting to come in or get out. People who just stop half way up some stairs and decide they're going to turn round and go back down. People who think if there's a bus stop on the pavement then that means you can stand anywhere accross that pavement regardless of it being a pavement that people use to get from A to B. People in groups of 3-4 people who walk along in a line, taking up the whole width of the pavement.

Got a train from Currie into Waverley earlier, then walked up to my office up by George Square. Sometimes feel like I'm in my own Truman Show and everyone else around me has been instructed to noise me up.

@hibs.net private member
    Standing in the shop queue for 10 minutes to buy a lottery ticket only to be told when I reach the checkout that the machine is down, aarrgghh 🤬

Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs View Post
    Standing in the shop queue for 10 minutes to buy a lottery ticket only to be told when I reach the checkout that the machine is down, aarrgghh 🤬
    What are the chances of that? 🤔

Are you my secret twin brother?

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    I know it’s probably snobbish, but my word, Oriam has been taken over by Martindale nasal weegie types this morning. There’s a dance competition and kids football on. Despite kids everywhere most seem incapable of their second word not being a swear word or a grunt.

Yours, a snobbish East Coaster
    Last edited by The Modfather; 04-06-2023 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    I know it’s probably snobbish, but my word, Oriam has been taken over by Martindale nasal weegie types this morning. There’s a dance competition and kids football on. Despite kids everywhere most seem incapable of their second word not being a swear word or a grunt.

Yours, a snobbish East Coaster
    I don’t mind them to be honest, granted I live amongst them nowadays so I’ve not much choice. Personally I can’t be arsed with posh weegies, that accent gets right on my chebs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People who share those toe curling poems about how great it was in 'their day' with no thought to their own hypocrisy.

I remember when we went to the shop
    Returned old bottles to buy new pop
    We walked on our feet to the school
    Getting in the car wasn't cool
    Our milk was served in solid glass
    We had never heard of a thing called plas..tic
    We ate food from the local store
    Seasonal produce was no chore
    A holiday abroad was an unattainable treat
    No Spaniards for us to greet
    We never had the heating on
    That would have made my dad thrawn
    How I wish I could go back in time
    I might even learn poetry is about more than rhyme

Just **** off. Kids aren't driving themselves to school. If you are that bothered get out your scratcher and walk your kids or grandkids to school. You can still recycle bottles. Multiple milk companies still deliver milk in glass bottles and pick up the empties. Seasonal eating is still possible, leave the heating off if you are so bothered about it and if you don't like holidays abroad the don't ****ing go on one.

It's just a 'my generation is better than yours' rant whilst ignoring the fact they indulge in multiple of the same behaviours because it's convenient. Oh and it wasn't sunny every day between May and September in the 70s either no matter how much selective memory tells you otherwise.
    Last edited by Pretty Boy; 04-06-2023 at 10:22 AM.

Gamer IDs

I was out in Glasgow yesterday, it’s been a while since I was through there day drinking, but the state of the homeless/begging problem in Buchanan Street, and around about it, is pretty shocking. So much worse than I’ve ever seen in Edinburgh.

Loads of people begging in the old fashioned, sitting on the pavement, way but there were loads just wandering about the outside bar bits asking folk for money.

Impossible to know what the stories behind them being in that situation are, but it’s a ***** state of affairs to have that problem to that extent in Scotland.

I was out in Glasgow yesterday, it’s been a while since I was through there day drinking, but the state of the homeless/begging problem in Buchanan Street, and around about it, is pretty shocking. So much worse than I’ve ever seen in Edinburgh.

Loads of people begging in the old fashioned, sitting on the pavement, way but there were loads just wandering about the outside bar bits asking folk for money.

Impossible to know what the stories behind them being in that situation are, but it’s a ***** state of affairs to have that problem to that extent in Scotland.
    I’d never seen homeless people outside of Edinburgh, Glasgow, London, Manchester etc until a few weeks ago when I went to Asda in one of Glasgows satellite towns and there was a wee guy sat outside with his blanket and his dug. Definitely seems to be on the rise if you’re getting homeless folk begging this far out of the city. There does definitely seem to be more homeless in Glasgow than Edinburgh from my experience as well though.

Slightly related but when I was maybe 19 I bought my mrs a rose from one of those Eastern European women that go around Glasgows nightclubs at closing time, but I didn’t have any change so broke a tenner for it. Soon as she gave me the change all her pals appeared out of nowhere asking for money, must be a coordinated thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk