hibs.net Messageboard

Page 333 of 428 FirstFirst ... 233283323331332333334335343383 ... LastLast
Results 9,961 to 9,990 of 12829

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Said it before and saying it again, Tesco - stop slicing all the freshly baked bread. I want to cut my own thick slices, not have slices disintegrate when I pick one up because you've sliced it thinner than a piece of wafer thin ham. Erseholes.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Said it before and saying it again, Tesco - stop slicing all the freshly baked bread. I want to cut my own thick slices, not have slices disintegrate when I pick one up because you've sliced it thinner than a piece of wafer thin ham. Erseholes.
    Honestly, get yourself a Panasonic breadmaker. I got mine second hand but it would have been around £200 new. Makes really good crusty bread which you can set to a timer so you wake up to the smell of freshly baked bread, but also makes doughs for chelsea buns, pizza, focaccia, croissaints and all sorts more, has a dispenser to dump seeds, fruit and nuts into the bread at the right time and also makes jams and preserves. A loaf costs literally pennies.

You can pick some of them up for £40 or so second hand on Facebook Marketplace or Gumtree and along with my intelligent pressure cooker it's the gadget that I would genuinely describe as a gamechanger.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Change your shop. I'll be in tesco in Perth tomorrow and will guarantee that they will have unsliced loaves. But as Northern said I make my own with a Panasonic bread maker.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Slaw. Not the food stuff itself but this trend of calling it slaw. Coleslaw ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Slaw. Not the food stuff itself but this trend of calling it slaw. Coleslaw ffs.
    Acca

Is a personal hate of mine.

@hibs.net private member EH6 Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Honestly, get yourself a Panasonic breadmaker. I got mine second hand but it would have been around £200 new. Makes really good crusty bread which you can set to a timer so you wake up to the smell of freshly baked bread, but also makes doughs for chelsea buns, pizza, focaccia, croissaints and all sorts more, has a dispenser to dump seeds, fruit and nuts into the bread at the right time and also makes jams and preserves. A loaf costs literally pennies.

You can pick some of them up for £40 or so second hand on Facebook Marketplace or Gumtree and along with my intelligent pressure cooker it's the gadget that I would genuinely describe as a gamechanger.

I got mine off gumtree about 3 years ago and it’s still working perfectly, I really don’t use it enough.

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    I found that term being used all the time in America. Almost as bad as the food itself!

@hibs.net private member
    Wasting good money on plonk.

I bought a Pinot Noir from Aldi at £6.95 thinking it would be smooth and drinkable but it was almost bitter and the colour of weak Ribena.

I've been in aa bad mood all day over this. It's too tart to even use in a stew or the like.

Semi raging.

Posters on here who feel the need to post on every thread generally with a differing viewpoint and end up ruining the thread with needless to and forth bickering.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Jumper dresses. I’d make wearing them a jailable offence. It should either be a jumper or a dress not a hybrid monstrosity!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Posters on here who feel the need to post on every thread generally with a differing viewpoint and end up ruining the thread with needless to and forth bickering.
    And folk that jump on those threads to tell everyone how they’ve put those posters on ignore.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    And folk that jump on those threads to tell everyone how they’ve put those posters on ignore.
    >ignore button clicked<

Anything online that is run by the govt or similar.

Self assessment tax return must be the least user friendly experience ever.

Registering my intention to marry and statements on the same page literally directly conflict each other. Phone up and ask for advice and the (very nice) lady says 'ignore the website, it's useless.'
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    May have already been done.... Wild swimming - we called it swimming while growing up in Porty.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Unfolding tin foil and cling film after my my wife has used it!

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Website verification apps. If you need DOB details, not allowing the user to select a date but insist you scrolll back though a caledar one month at a time 720 times is taking the p@ss. Does no-one do usibilty testing anymore?

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    Website verification apps. If you need DOB details, not allowing the user to select a date but insist you scrolll back though a caledar one month at a time 720 times is taking the p@ss. Does no-one do usibilty testing anymore?

Linked to that, where they have a drop down/scroll for each of day, month, year which defaults to the current date… if you select the day of the DoB first (as you would as it’s the first one presented to you), and the day is higher than the day of the current date, it has a hissy fit and defaults back to the current date as it is a date in the future.

Calm down, I’m about to change the month and year, thanks!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Linked to that, where they have a drop down/scroll for each of day, month, year which defaults to the current date… if you select the day of the DoB first (as you would as it’s the first one presented to you), and the day is higher than the day of the current date, it has a hissy fit and defaults back to the current date as it is a date in the future.

Calm down, I’m about to change the month and year, thanks!
    Computer obviously thinks you were born yesterday. Sorry tomorrow.

When the club posts something on Twitter and it's flooded with comments like "Announce Charles Cook" or "Announce x player" or that. It comes across as completely entitled and when it's for something like a player like Hallberg leaving completely out of order.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

I think I’ve posted something similar on this thread before but I saw this on Instagram:

8B423FD5-1A07-45D5-A423-B3B74001579F.jpg

I get this all the time. So annoying.

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    That's reminded me of one of mine: folk taking a photo of a screen instead of a proper screenshot.

Anyone who reacts to winning or succeeding in anything with the "Ssshhhhhh" finger to lips gesture.

See if SDG celebrated his winning goal in the cup final with that? Even he would have deserved a slap and been told to not be a big prick in that situation.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Half time interviews on the pitch with football players. Whats that all about? Seems to be a mainland Europe thing in France and Belgium especially. Just let them get into the dressing room for tea and a team talk.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Realising you’re getting too heavy by noticing that the bannister on your stairs is warped due to swinging off it as you go up stairs for a piss, I’m now leaning in on the way down in order to rectify the problem.
    Another one is not having a downstairs toilet.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EH6 Hibby View Post

I got mine off gumtree about 3 years ago and it’s still working perfectly, I really don’t use it enough.
    Is there any kitchen gadget you don’t have 😂

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    People that you admire coming out with complete and utter crap.

I'm a big fan of Joe Rogan, I listen to a lot of his podcasts and enjoy the long form conversation he has with different people.

Some of the ***** he's come out with recently around COVID is really annoying, and very disappointing from someone who obviously has such massive appeal.

Don't get me wrong, he does come out with a fair bit of pish, but that was beyond it and has really put me off him.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Without fail, if I'm cooking something that needs drained (rice, pasta, potatoes, boiled veg) my girlfriend will decide that's the perfect time to soak a dish in the sink. One of my many kitchen-girlfriend pet peeves that I've listed on here

Another example of a previous one I've listed on here where she puts stuff away that I'm still using, last night I was in the middle of slicing mushrooms (had sliced a grand total of 3) and briefly paused to stir the contents of the frying pan as it was beginning to catch and when I turned back around, the mushrooms were back in the fridge!

My wife who has several cups of coffee a day uses a different tea spoon each time.

What’s wrong with rinsing it under the tap!

@hibs.net private member Alfiembra's Avatar
    Been getting particularly wound up by the Hibs media guy interviewing the new arrivals. Every interview seems to start with “how excited are you to have signed for Hibernian” like anyone is going to say “well actually I didn’t really want to come here so no really” Also always asks the manager after every game “how pleased are you with that performance”

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Without fail, if I'm cooking something that needs drained (rice, pasta, potatoes, boiled veg) my girlfriend will decide that's the perfect time to soak a dish in the sink. One of my many kitchen-girlfriend pet peeves that I've listed on here

Another example of a previous one I've listed on here where she puts stuff away that I'm still using, last night I was in the middle of slicing mushrooms (had sliced a grand total of 3) and briefly paused to stir the contents of the frying pan as it was beginning to catch and when I turned back around, the mushrooms were back in the fridge!
    Tell her to GTF, when I'm in the kitchen cooking my wife leaves me to it unless I ask her for a hand.