hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I watched about 50% of tonights game, and because it was Hibs it kept my attention a little between watching the tv and looking at the monitor.

Like you, i have no interest in watching another game, just as i have no interest in going again to the circus.
    As I have a fear of clowns I'll never go to the circus either!!!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quite enjoyed the game. Standard was decent and was technically good.

As for funding the ladies team, I can see the arguments on both sides but as it stands every penny is required for the mens 1st team and developing young players for that side so it's a no from me.

Ladies football is still in it's formative years in most countries and in Scotland is still very much a grassroots game. That's changing though and it's one of the fastest growing sports in the world so there will be an organic growth anyway without investment. Having the ladies playing under the Hibernian name is a great thing and I hope they continue to grow and succeed.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    I want my cash to go to the team not a women's team. If folk want to watch them then great, fund it that way.

In the same way as I'm sure people on a large scale don't want to see men playing netball or synchronised swimming. It's got a place for those that enjoy participating or watching but it's not what I pay my money towards.
    I kind of see where you stand but you've just put forward a pretty poor case in my opinion

Some people do enjoy "participating or watching" - They're called Hibees

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post

BOO!!!

BOO!!!
    🏼

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Quite enjoyed the game. Standard was decent and was technically good.

As for funding the ladies team, I can see the arguments on both sides but as it stands every penny is required for the mens 1st team and developing young players for that side so it's a no from me.

Ladies football is still in it's formative years in most countries and in Scotland is still very much a grassroots game. That's changing though and it's one of the fastest growing sports in the world so there will be an organic growth anyway without investment. Having the ladies playing under the Hibernian name is a great thing and I hope they continue to grow and succeed.
    This sums it up for me

I'm sure it was Bobby Williamson who said "If you want clowns, go to Tynecastle..."

Or something like that ...

Nothing against woman's football I've watched a few games and quite frankly thought it was pants and the woman goalkeepers were like sticking your 3 year old in goals!

Sorry if that's harsh but it's how I feel. Good luck to them but I'll never watch another game.
    Cant tell me that game was any worse than a good number of scottish mens games?

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    I know they use the name etc. but are they actually part of the Club? Do the Club fund them? Is Dempster the manager's ultimate boss?

An ex-Hibs ladies player (and Scotland player) was in my year at school and she was definitely one of the better players in the year group (of either gender). Saying that no boy in my year made it professional as far as I'm aware.

I agree on the goalkeeper issue. The goals are generally too big for their size.
    Last edited by overdrive; 03-06-2015 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    I know they use the name etc. but are they actually part of the Club? Do the Club fund them? Is Dempster the manager's ultimate boss?

An ex-Hibs ladies player (and Scotland player) was in my year at school and she was definitely one of the better players in the year group (of either gender). Saying that no boy in my ear made it professional as far as I'm aware.

I agree on the goalkeeper issue. The goals are generally too big for their size.
    They are part of the Community side of the club. Up until a few seasons ago they were still paying for their own strips.

The WWC starts in 3 days in Can. Many games will be live on BBC. Just for Cat and BH.. bbc.in/1dfdL8M

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    They are part of the Community side of the club. Up until a few seasons ago they were still paying for their own strips.
    The Community foundation? That's a separate legal entity to the Club isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    The Community foundation? That's a separate legal entity to the Club isn't it?
    Yes.

The WWC starts in 3 days in Can. Many games will be live on BBC. Just for Cat and BH.. bbc.in/1dfdL8M

I'm washing my hair.

I'm washing my hair.
    Poor in 2015

That's pathetic....

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    Poor in 2015

That's pathetic....
    I think he still has hair.

I think he still has hair.
    Debatable :) it was the smiley which provides sentiments for me.

We all have opinions but when I see more and more girls take up football, at grassroots and above, I find it poor that in 2015 people still voice these views on a forum where many females contribute.

For example I like tennis - what if I start 'yawning' at the prospect of wheelchair tennis on tv?

Like I say - pathetic in 2015
    Last edited by SquashedFrogg; 03-06-2015 at 10:12 PM.

I'm washing my hair.
    You're going a bit thin on top

tam-cowan_0.jpg

Coaching Staff
    Debatable :) it was the smiley which provides sentiments for me.

We all have opinions but when I see more and more girls take up football, at grassroots and above, I find it poor that in 2015 people still voice these views on a forum where many females contribute.

For example I like tennis - what if I start 'yawning' at the prospect of wheelchair tennis on tv?

Like I say - pathetic in 2015
    I don't think you should equate people not being interested in it with being against it in any way.

Against funding it. Yes, but that's our right as people that put money into the club for what we think should be one purpose.

I don't think you should equate people not being interested in it with being against it in any way.

Against funding it. Yes, but that's our right as people that put money into the club for what we think should be one purpose.
    So no youth, schools, disabled work? Just academy and first team? (Or is it just girls to not get the money?) Football isn't like that anymore.

First Team Regular
    Women's tennis is also shocking.

In football, the goals are too big, if they were smaller it would make the game much better rather just about every shot going in.

Question... If a woman scores a goal for Hibernian FC is that for a purpose? Or your purpose? Or for any purpose?

If a 12 year old boy scores a goal for Hibs youths....Is that for a purpose? Should we not help fund them?

If you read my posts I stated very clearly that I understand people not being interested in it. There's lots of things I'm not interested in.

The submissive and prejudiced nature of the comment caused me to to reply. Many people on this forum are female and as I mentioned, many females are continually taking up football (all ages) so to 'yawn' at the prospect of females playing football is pathetic in my view.

Prejudices like this play no part in 2015.

As for funding, I never suggested the first team, club funds, be part of what they do (I think it should btw) but whatever sex, race, age, religion or colour wear my teams badge on their shirt - I will support the 100% (without disparaging or pathetic remarks).

So no youth, schools, disabled work? Just academy and first team? (Or is it just girls to not get the money?) Football isn't like that anymore.
    You my friend, live in the modern world alongside me and most ordinary people ...
    Last edited by SquashedFrogg; 03-06-2015 at 11:36 PM.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    Wherever they get their funding they are playing for the shirt and women's football is here to stay so I think a Hibs ladies is better than nothing.
    This. It's a game of football and the only difference between the two games are the gender of the players. Both the mens team and womens team play for Hibernian FC and I want both to do well. Womens football is enjoying a growing profile and I wouldn't want to see our team being left behind - as another poster said it would only take minimal investment and it's deserved.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Jdawg View Post

In football, the goals are too big, if they were smaller it would make the game much better rather just about every shot going in.
    Frying pans are to big for men? Brooms are too big for men? Washing machines are too complicated for men?

Oh dear...

Last time I checked the women I know are of very similar size to men?

This is getting worrying now...

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdawg View Post
    How much top class WTA have you seen? I have seen a fair bit, including at Grand Slams.

Its extremely competitive and very watchable. The physical element is less obvious than in the men's game, but not the skill.

Question... If a woman scores a goal for Hibernian FC is that for a purpose? Or your purpose? Or for any purpose?

If a 12 year old boy scores a goal for Hibs youths....Is that for a purpose? Should we not help fund them?

If you read my posts I stated very clearly that I understand people not being interested in it. There's lots of things I'm not interested in.

The submissive and prejudiced nature of the comment caused me to to reply. Many people on this forum are female and as I mentioned, many females are continually taking up football (all ages) so to 'yawn' at the prospect of females playing football is pathetic in my view.

Prejudices like this play no part in 2015.

As for funding, I never suggested the first team, club funds, be part of what they do (I think it should btw) but whatever sex, race, age, religion or colour wear my teams badge on their shirt - I will support the 100% (without disparaging or pathetic remarks).
    I see plenty of disparaging remarks about the mens football team, are women immune of this? Womens football is fantastic for those who take part, its not for me but i have absolutely nothing against it.

The club i sometimes support should NEVER be funding it in my opinion, any money taken away from the mens team makes them weaker.

In fact i keep hearing folk and the club telling us just what buying a season ticket can do, or buying into HSL. Maybe if they told us some of this was going to help the women's team we'd not have as many, maybe we'd have more?

The MINUTE the womens team supply their first player for the mens team, thats when i will change my mind.

I'm against.
    Last edited by blackpoolhibs; 04-06-2015 at 06:37 AM.

@hibs.net private member

Last time I checked the women I know are of very similar size to men?

This is getting worrying now...
    You're not kidding - that's really worrying.

Too much chocolate probably.

@hibs.net private member
    Of course this should be done - but with the aim of producing players for the first team.